darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > can anyone roughly estimated how much this will cost?
Page 1 of 1
can anyone roughly estimated how much this will cost?
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1 Posted: 12:26:08 28/05/2014 | Topic Creator
i'm not sure about the prices or how many new skylanders there is total (not interested in reposes or specials) but i must have one of each new for sure.

i was planing to buy this...

the main game (1) $$?
the 3ds game (1) $$?
trappers (16?) $$?
newlanders (16?) $$?
traps (16?) $$?
adventure packs (4?) $$?
a bag/boxs to storage the collection (1) $$?
guide book (1) $$?

so what will the cost be this time around, roughly estimated, anyone?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Miirik Green Sparx Gems: 206
#2 Posted: 13:17:40 28/05/2014
the main game with portal will probably cost the same as every other main game with portal did.

infact i suspect all the prices will be the same, the only thing we have no clue about is the traps.
#3 Posted: 13:49:15 28/05/2014 | Topic Creator
i read the traps was gonna be $11.99 or something, hopefully this is not the true.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#4 Posted: 14:16:43 28/05/2014
With apologies to SW...

"This is going to cost you more than you can possibly imagine...."

First day of S:SF, I dropped ~$700 and to quote Billy Idol, it's been "more, more, more, more, more!" ever since... :-\

I really don't expect S:TT to be any different, which is why I put away a little every check to pay for all of this as well as other necessary video games like MK8, SB-U, etc...

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 15:29:43 28/05/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
i read the traps was gonna be $11.99 or something, hopefully this is not the true.

Yeah, if so, I think this game clearly puts itself at risk of being successful. If there are 3-4 traps that cost $12, I'd be ok.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:30:11 28/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
#6 Posted: 15:59:42 28/05/2014 | Topic Creator
@GhostRoaster

any thoughts on what we roughly estimated will be paying? (on what i typed in first post)
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:01:17 28/05/2014 by CountMoneyBone
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#7 Posted: 17:14:58 28/05/2014
Unlike last year, there was not a price bump mid year (which was reflective of what the price would be for the next year). I think they realize they have reached the limit of what people will pay and still sell in good numbers. I think we can look at the same price structure as last year:

$74.99 for the game
$9.99-10.99 (TRU) for the singles
$11.99-12.99 (TRU) for lightcores
$14.99-16.99 (TRU) for the trappers
$24.99-26.99 (TRU) for triples and sets.

As far as traps go, given the image shows them as a single pack, I'd say $4.99-5.99 tops. Yes I know of the rumors from early system entries of $11.99, but that will be a deal breaker if that is true. That's too much for a generic totem that isn't very detailed.

In my opinion, they should actually look at dropping prices some. The craze has really died down. TRU almost never has people in line for HTA releases anymore. Triples and reposes languish on shelves. Even limited variants languish on shelves. Here is where they should go to re-kindle interest (and do a sucker punch to Infinity 2.0):

$74.99 for the console game, $64.99 for the 3DS
$8.99 for singles
$9.99 for lightcores
$12.99 for trappers (they are just slightly larger than singles, not as big as Giants or complex as Swappers)
$3.99 for one trap, double pack for $5.99
$19.99 for triples/sets to restore the price benefit of getting these over singles

On top of that, the triples need to be 2 new, 1 repose. You basically get the repose for free for getting 2 new. They are at a crossroads, the franchise now has competition and collections are getting large.

I doubt Activision will do this, because they love money. And they are well known for driving a franchise into the ground rather than make smart competitive price adjustments.
#8 Posted: 17:27:31 28/05/2014
Quote: defpally
On top of that, the triples need to be 2 new, 1 repose. You basically get the repose for free for getting 2 new. They are at a crossroads, the franchise now has competition and collections are getting large.

I doubt Activision will do this, because they love money. And they are well known for driving a franchise into the ground rather than make smart competitive price adjustments.

2 for 2. I hope they prove you wrong.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:28:18 28/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
#9 Posted: 17:31:36 28/05/2014 | Topic Creator
i can agree with the price dropping, it should be like that. i fear this maybe be the start of the end of the skylanders games.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#10 Posted: 07:45:33 29/05/2014
The traps should be cheap cause there just like an item maybe around 2$ or 4$ why would trap master be expensive there not that much special about exept there crystal armor and weapon
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
#11 Posted: 12:50:11 29/05/2014
Quote: sky-dragon
The traps should be cheap cause there just like an item maybe around 2$ or 4$ why would trap master be expensive there not that much special about exept there crystal armor and weapon

Simple answer. In Giants, Activision tested the market if people will pay more for "bigger" figures, and it was successful. There's nothing technically special about them except, well, they're bigger.

The same thing is going on with the Trap Masters.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#12 Posted: 15:33:05 29/05/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: sky-dragon

Simple answer. In Giants, Activision tested the market if people will pay more for "bigger" figures, and it was successful. There's nothing technically special about them except, well, they're bigger.

The same thing is going on with the Trap Masters.

The Giants, to be honest, were all larger AND Lightcores, which justified a slightly higher price (although $5 more is debateable). And all of them except for Hothead and Eyebrawl lit up in multiple places.

Swappers justified the price because they were larger (though not as large as Giants) than regulars and had the magnetic swapper interface. Again the amount of increase is highly debateable.

Trap Masters? Not as big as giants and as far as I can tell not lightcores. I'm certain they will be on par with swapper prices, but definitely less worth it than the previous two "premium" characters. Add in they have to have the traps to use their special ability and it is ridiculous. They either need to pack traps in with Trappers, or make them similar in price as Lightcores simply for being a bit larger. If we are paying $15ish for a Trapper and another $5ish so they can do what they do, then I believe they have jumped the shark.

They need to realize there is a limit to what parents (the majority of people that buy Skylanders) are willing to pay. From what I've seen, even most normal collectors are balking at this and will be vastly cutting down on their purchases. If they lose them then it's game over. Smaller, more sustainable profit always turns out better in the long run. Activision, of course, won't figure this out until they have beaten the horse to a bloody pulp. It is almost like they are trying to drive people away.
#13 Posted: 17:52:30 29/05/2014
That was kinda my point---some degree of "something different" justified higher cost was all confirmed. For Giants, it was size. For Swappers, it was tech. For trap masters...????? A little bigger with a cool weapon I guess? I agree they're pushing for that "uniqueness" which is why they had to couple it with traps. IMO it would make sense to charge a giants price if they coupled it with a trap of that element. Imagine collectors going nuts based on the unique packaging aspects of the traps with the figures. I suspect their sheer AWESOMENESS (their stats/capabilities is supposed to make fighting villains much easier) is going to be enough to justify them via the in game EXPERIENCE, rather than making something PHYSICAL.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:57:17 29/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me