Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#2 Posted: 00:19:48 28/05/2014
I excpected the traps packaging to be like that, anyway nice find
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 01:14:37 28/05/2014
[User Posted Image]

Here's the actual picture.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#4 Posted: 01:38:34 28/05/2014
Cool I wonder how much they will go for in aussie dollars
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Jesus Skywalker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1940
#5 Posted: 04:30:19 28/05/2014
Anyone else hoping to get one of the wood boxes that the trap crystals were in on the reveal trailer? I think that would be a really cool addition to everyone's collections.
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#6 Posted: 05:00:19 28/05/2014
YAY NO BLIND BAGS
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#7 Posted: 05:07:01 28/05/2014
Yeah great to hear there's no blind bags. That would've been stupid and wouldn't make sense anyways. So here's to hoping getting the traps won't be so annoying.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#8 Posted: 12:05:20 28/05/2014
It isn't quite confirmed completely yet but the traps may cost 12 dollars due to the Target preorder card. Then again it is possible the traps valued at that price will already have a captured enemy "variant" inside of them
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#9 Posted: 14:37:02 28/05/2014
Quote: Windumup
It isn't quite confirmed completely yet but the traps may cost 12 dollars due to the Target preorder card. Then again it is possible the traps valued at that price will already have a captured enemy "variant" inside of them

$12 would be a huge mistake. A regular fig is $9.99. Making a generic, arguably less detailed piece cost $2 isn't exactly stretching the value of my dollar.

I am actually a little disappointed. I was hoping that multiple crystals would be in each pack. If for no other reason than to keep the number of SKUs lower.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#10 Posted: 15:17:51 28/05/2014
Quote: DaMadNes
I am actually a little disappointed. I was hoping that multiple crystals would be in each pack. If for no other reason than to keep the number of SKUs lower.

I think its not out of the realm of possibility to assume if there's single packs for the traps, there will probably be multi-packs as well.

Arguably, Skylanders should put them at a price point of $2.99 to compete with Infinity's discs. Triple Packs could then be at the $9.99 price point of a regular figure.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#11 Posted: 15:25:43 28/05/2014

$12 would be a huge mistake. A regular fig is $9.99. Making a generic, arguably less detailed piece cost $2 isn't exactly stretching the value of my dollar.

Deal breaker, especially considering it would be FOR THIS GAME ONLY. It better have multiple traps if they want to charge $12. I wouldn't want to go out there and chase 40+ of these individually. Or pay that price.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:27:35 28/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#12 Posted: 15:28:51 28/05/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Deal breaker, especially considering it would be FOR THIS GAME ONLY. It better have multiple traps if they want to charge $12. I wouldn't want to go out there and chase 40+ of these individually. Or pay that price.

We still don't know if villains will work with the next game or not.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#13 Posted: 15:31:52 28/05/2014
Quote: Matteomax

We still don't know if villains will work with the next game or not.

Well then, I would assume NO until confirmed. There will be no Cracker Prison storyline moving forward...it's clear to me this is for THIS GAME only.

And, if Activision is reading this--there are a lot of consumers that will base the forward compatibility to their desire to invest in the traps. Or invest appropriately based on the value provided in this game. It's in their interest to make this information available sooner rather than later. No information at E3 will tell me as a consumer what to expect.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 15:37:23 28/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#14 Posted: 15:53:28 28/05/2014
you talk about forward compatibility. like in the 5th skylander game where they have all characters from 4 games(included special) plus 40 trapped villains on top of that.... i just cant see it happening, something is bound to break. i dont think we will get the trapped villains in the 5th game, or they will scratch all and just start fresh with none of the olders..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:55:45 28/05/2014 by CountMoneyBone
FlameSlinger11 Green Sparx Gems: 323
#15 Posted: 16:11:42 28/05/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
you talk about forward compatibility. like in the 5th skylander game where they have all characters from 4 games(included special) plus 40 trapped villains on top of that.... i just cant see it happening, something is bound to break. i dont think we will get the trapped villains in the 5th game, or they will scratch all and just start fresh with none of the olders..

Thats an interesting point. After 4 games of playing with the same characters (forward compatibility), maybe it is time to start new. Its like SSA all over again. I'd buy into that concept. That would make the first 4 games more nostalgic for me.
#16 Posted: 17:30:27 28/05/2014

I agree. The entire premise of the story hinges on the gimmick. It wouldn't make sense to have this in the next game. Thus, they are actively seeking to understand how much money we'll through at a one and out concept. Dare I say they want to start introducing the idea of NOT having forward compatibility on some level.

On the next poster's comment--if they aren't going to do much to change the game play wise...then yes--time to start a new concept.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:31:18 28/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#17 Posted: 03:09:09 29/05/2014
I personally think the traps will be compatible in the next game, perhaps the traps themselves wont be able to trap enemies anymore but they would still hold bad guys to fight with.

OR they could have some exclusive new catch-able enemies in the next game as well. (But not the point of the plot though)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#18 Posted: 13:36:45 29/05/2014
It is completely clear that traps will play no part in Skylanders 5.

There will be a new portal to support the new gimmick and traps will play no part. This is WHY they made them traps NOT figures.
They always said you can play your old figures in new games. If they made villain figures you would need to be able to play them in the next game and that could ruin a lot of possible games.
So they make them a gimmick they have no requirement or obligation to support in the next game.
jedihunter15 Green Sparx Gems: 218
#19 Posted: 13:51:23 29/05/2014
Quote: Pyrofer

There will be a new portal to support the new gimmick and traps will play no part. This is WHY they made them traps NOT figures.
They always said you can play your old figures in new games. If they made villain figures you would need to be able to play them in the next game and that could ruin a lot of possible games.
So they make them a gimmick they have no requirement or obligation to support in the next game.

You dont know that
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#20 Posted: 14:13:45 29/05/2014
Quote: FlameSlinger11

Thats an interesting point. After 4 games of playing with the same characters (forward compatibility), maybe it is time to start new. Its like SSA all over again. I'd buy into that concept. That would make the first 4 games more nostalgic for me.

That would be a great excuse to stop collecting.

On a different note, I have a funny feeling these will be released in waves, ergo we won't be able to play as all villains until the week before Christmas or even later.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#21 Posted: 18:53:29 29/05/2014
Quote: jedihunter15
Quote: Pyrofer

You don't know that

More then likely I see this as the case too, I doubt they want u to be these villains in sky 5, also this way they could release figures for some of these so called villains later on saying they are "Reformed bad guys". Im ok with this as you cant really learn new things on them, right? The villains will prob be fun with to play for awhile but the skylanders are the main stage.

Quote: ShaneK

On a different note, I have a funny feeling these will be released in waves, ergo we won't be able to play as all villains until the week before Christmas or even later.

Im not sure how the tech will work on older games (if this series keeps going forward) but at some point they may decide/create a newer tech that wont work with older SSA stuff possibly. Maybe the data will be bigger then SSA figures can hold or something, who knows.

I could be wrong but I do feel at some point all previous skylanders wont work. Every game they have to keep adding older figures too which makes each game take a tad longer to make.
#22 Posted: 18:59:38 29/05/2014
Quote: ShaneK

AGREEEEEEED X1000

If the collection I spent hundreds of dollars on, and dozens of hours grinding to upgrade, (due in large part to the understanding that it would be forward compatible) becomes obsolete, there had better be some amazing improvement or enhancement to the new characters. Picking some arbitrary point / reason to tell me my collection no longer works (because it is too big now) would be highly upsetting. Would it be upsetting enough to make me drop the franchise... that is a good possibility.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#23 Posted: 19:49:09 29/05/2014
Agree. The last game of this franchise (whether it is Skylanders 5 or 10, and I still highly hope it will be the latter) better still have backward compatibility with my toys, from Spyro's Adventure to Trap Team.

If they won't be able to do so, they might as well end it with Trap Team, to me.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#24 Posted: 20:03:37 29/05/2014
Quote: Drek95
Agree. The last game of this franchise (whether it is Skylanders 5 or 10, and I still highly hope it will be the latter) better still have backward compatibility with my toys, from Spyro's Adventure to Trap Team.

If they won't be able to do so, they might as well end it with Trap Team, to me.

There's technically 32 + 8 + 8 + 16 + 16 = 80 UNIQUE characters, not counting what's in TT. Given I have 200 characters, that sounds like a good investment for them to keep providing forward compat.

The thing is...a TRAP is not a CHARACTER. They need to provide guidance. Part of the justification I'm using is that I can use the old guys in the new game. If I know it's for the current game only, my purchase decision gets shrewd quickly.

Part of the project with this future compatibility is that I believe they've muffed up the storage on the RFID chips--they are constrained by a 1k chip and that very much limits the toy to life experience outside of hat Im wearing, XP, gold and upgrade paths. They are ALL fixed. They HAVE to continue this stuff, or risk breaking functionality. It seems like they've boxed themselves in to some extent. I'm hoping they can do MORE with TTL, but I guess they can't.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:08:46 29/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#25 Posted: 21:44:49 29/05/2014
Quote: Drek95

There's technically 32 + 8 + 8 + 16 + 16 = 80 UNIQUE characters, not counting what's in TT. Given I have 200 characters, that sounds like a good investment for them to keep providing forward compat.

The thing is...a TRAP is not a CHARACTER. They need to provide guidance. Part of the justification I'm using is that I can use the old guys in the new game. If I know it's for the current game only, my purchase decision gets shrewd quickly.

Part of the project with this future compatibility is that I believe they've muffed up the storage on the RFID chips--they are constrained by a 1k chip and that very much limits the toy to life experience outside of hat Im wearing, XP, gold and upgrade paths. They are ALL fixed. They HAVE to continue this stuff, or risk breaking functionality. It seems like they've boxed themselves in to some extent. I'm hoping they can do MORE with TTL, but I guess they can't.

Oh, yeah, sure. Traps will probably be dropped, for Skylanders 5.

Like the older Adventure and Battle Packs were dropped for Swap Force (even if the figures still work as Magic Items).

Sure it would be GREAT if the next Portal could be able to read the enemies inside them, like a Magic Item, and let you use them (maybe not as a tag-team), but I highly doubt it will happen...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#26 Posted: 23:39:07 29/05/2014
I could live with them dropping the traps. They should be comming up with a newer gimmick and new characters that make me not care about trapped villians anyway... but, not if the traps are $12 a pop. Tax included, thats over $75 to catch all baddies (one of each crystal). I'm not one that usually complains about cost, but that is BAD value. Perhaps I will just need to beat the game without "cathchin em all"
Whale117 Green Sparx Gems: 110
#27 Posted: 00:22:42 12/06/2014
Quote: Iganagor
YAY NO BLIND BAGS

Well they announced a while ago there wont be blind bags but it is good news because imagine how much ebay sellers would charge for kaos' trap beings as there is only one sculpt
---
"BLINK AND DESTROY"-smilie
"FRUIT PUNCH"-smilie
"ALL WOUND UP"-smilie
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#28 Posted: 05:58:03 12/06/2014
They really should have made a portal with an expansion port so we wouldn't need a new portal every game.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#29 Posted: 10:46:42 12/06/2014
So i suppose this confirms a Water Log Holder Trap.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#30 Posted: 14:48:10 12/06/2014
When I took a good look at the back of the Traps' packages, it currently shows eight different shapes. I assume there will be more coming soon. Probably in case us Portal Masters want to collect more for fun. I'm pretty sure the Kaos Trap Crystal will be either very common or really rare. Judging by the console starter pack, I assume the Kaos Trap will be available.
#31 Posted: 20:09:44 12/06/2014
Quote: mantez
They really should have made a portal with an expansion port so we wouldn't need a new portal every game.

Kinda like the Sega Genesis and the ColecoVision -- I like it!
---
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#32 Posted: 21:19:14 12/06/2014
Quote: TheShadowDragon
When I took a good look at the back of the Traps' packages, it currently shows eight different shapes. I assume there will be more coming soon. Probably in case us Portal Masters want to collect more for fun. I'm pretty sure the Kaos Trap Crystal will be either very common or really rare. Judging by the console starter pack, I assume the Kaos Trap will be available.

in the first video trailer there showed 15 different designs for the traps in that box, including kaos
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#33 Posted: 21:55:34 12/06/2014
Quote: min8or
Quote: TheShadowDragon

in the first video trailer there showed 15 different designs for the traps in that box, including kaos

all traps so far?...

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:59:20 12/06/2014 by CountMoneyBone
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me