darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Trap Team: Console Graphics Comparison
Page 1 of 1
Trap Team: Console Graphics Comparison
PokeLink09 Blue Sparx Gems: 946
#1 Posted: 18:11:00 25/05/2014 | Topic Creator
When I played SSA and Giants on my Wii, I felt that Activision and Toys for Bob did a good job pushing the Wii's graphics to its limits. While it wasn't perfect, it looked quite nice.
HOWEVER, this wasn't the case when Swap Force came along. Due to the age of the Wii, less time was put into the graphics for the Wii version. It was actually kind of unpleasant to look at. Here is a comparison of the graphics on the Wii to the PS3, XBox or other console (Photo taken from a video from Youtuber CrystalBlazier):
[User Posted Image]

So, will Trap Team on the Wii looks like this? While it definitely has the most lackluster graphics, it doesn't look as bad as Swap Force did. So good news for anyone who can't get a Wii U, and wants to play Trap Team on their Wii!
[User Posted Image]
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#2 Posted: 18:18:08 25/05/2014
Wii U:
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#3 Posted: 18:37:12 25/05/2014
Quote: Dyno-Mite
Wii U:
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

Beenox is making the Wii U version of TT. Since they're also doing the XBone and PS4, I think it's safe to assume the Wii U will have the same resolution.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 19:36:05 25/05/2014
We are we re-treading an existing thread?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#5 Posted: 00:57:14 26/05/2014
Yay for the wii
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#6 Posted: 18:22:31 26/05/2014
I'm so happy I'm getting a Xbox 360 this year! Yay!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#7 Posted: 03:56:43 27/05/2014
so because beenox is making thw wiiu version and toys for bob is making the xbox/ps4 versions will that mean they will be completly differentb games? or is this just resolution?!
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 07:19:11 27/05/2014
Quote: shroom boom
so because beenox is making thw wiiu version and toys for bob is making the xbox/ps4 versions will that mean they will be completly differentb games? or is this just resolution?!

Toys for Bob is making the old gen version (Wii, PS3, XBOX 360), while Beenox is making the new gen one (Wii U, PS4 and XBOX ONE). Only the resolution will change, except maybe for the Wii, which already had some content cut, with Swap Force.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 17:21:23 27/05/2014
For a second there, I thought the Wii U resolution would be similar to that of PS3 and/or XBOX 360. I usually play Nintendo games. Playstation and Xbox games are fine, but I love Nintendo even more.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#10 Posted: 17:48:19 27/05/2014
when looking at the wii screens up there, i would say its time to upgrade. those screen was horrible, you will be missing out. get a wiiu asap..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:49:09 27/05/2014 by CountMoneyBone
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#11 Posted: 18:17:46 27/05/2014
Quote: PokeLink09
When I played SSA and Giants on my Wii, I felt that Activision and Toys for Bob did a good job pushing the Wii's graphics to its limits. While it wasn't perfect, it looked quite nice.
HOWEVER, this wasn't the case when Swap Force came along. Due to the age of the Wii, less time was put into the graphics for the Wii version. It was actually kind of unpleasant to look at. Here is a comparison of the graphics on the Wii to the PS3, XBox or other console (Photo taken from a video from Youtuber CrystalBlazier):
[User Posted Image]

So, will Trap Team on the Wii looks like this? While it definitely has the most lackluster graphics, it doesn't look as bad as Swap Force did. So good news for anyone who can't get a Wii U, and wants to play Trap Team on their Wii!
[User Posted Image]

You really had to take a blurry picture to compare for the wii?....
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#12 Posted: 02:31:12 28/05/2014
Yeah, is there a more clear picture of the Wii Super Evil Kaos of DOOOOOOM!
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#13 Posted: 15:14:07 28/05/2014
Here's a slightly less blurry shot. It's the best I could find.

[User Posted Image]

I do think that if people are basing their opinions on the Wii graphics off of Crystal's comparison video, then they really shouldn't. I own the Wii version myself and play it on a 46" HDTV, and while the graphics are downgraded from the other versions, it is definitely not as blurry as it's made out to be from the footage. TT Wii honestly looks like the same: downgraded, but not blurry.

People need to understand though that the Wii is an aging console, and of course it's not going to be able to handle the pretty HD graphics of other consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last Skylanders game for the Wii.
---
Purple dragon.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me