Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > Block Topics Started by Specific Users
Page 1 of 1
Block Topics Started by Specific Users [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#1 Posted: 20:32:24 18/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Is this a thing that can be done or a realistic future possibility? Because it could be useful.
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#2 Posted: 20:52:25 18/05/2014
Or you can just ignore them.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#3 Posted: 21:02:38 18/05/2014
And now many of us are wondering who's getting tired of our ****.

I actually prefer if it's not available. Since it could stir up some anger which could affect more people than needed.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#4 Posted: 21:39:53 18/05/2014
Not really - There could be an ignore function as a complement to the block function, and you wouldn't be able to see the user's posts or topics ever again, and he wouldn't ever know about it unless he actually looks foward to your responses.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#5 Posted: 22:11:24 18/05/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Not really - There could be an ignore function as a complement to the block function, and you wouldn't be able to see the user's posts or topics ever again, and he wouldn't ever know about it unless he actually looks foward to your responses.

Notes explained why it wouldn't be great having such a feature.

Quote: HIR
I am on another forum where the ignore feature was put into effect. Here's what I observed:

-Members who ignored certain users often were very confused, and made posts in topics that got them into a lot of hot water
-Users got extremely offended when they learned they were being ignored. As it stands now, people frequently make topics in the Stuff & Nonsense section to complain about users blocking them. This idea would only make these types of thing happen more often.

The feature was taken down within weeks of putting it up. You know that you can just scroll past posts if you want to ignore them. I do that very often. <.<

This was on a topic on ignoring users. It can have the same effect on the block topic jumbo.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#6 Posted: 23:29:09 18/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks (indirectly) HIR! That explains things nicely.

For the rest, it's easy to ignore a post when you don't have a very limited visual field of focus (as in: I can't see who's posting without physically moving my head or until I've clicked the post).
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me