Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Live Chat [CLOSED]
SkylandersFan27 Blue Sparx Gems: 508
#1 Posted: 12:31:50 18/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Who here wants some type of live chat, where people can talk to each other live. smilie
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#2 Posted: 15:40:14 18/05/2014
It's called Guestbooks or pms.
#3 Posted: 17:10:57 18/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson
It's called Guestbooks or pms.

PMs can only be used between two users realistically, and Gustebooks live conversations are hard to find. A live chat would enable instant chatting between all members of DarkSpyro. smilie

Quote: Crookshanks
darkSpyro Skype Group

A Skype group might work, but that would involve privacy issues. smilie
#4 Posted: 18:24:15 18/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: SkylandersFan27
A Skype group might work, but that would involve privacy issues. smilie

You misunderstand. It already exists (well apparently there's more than one but I've only been in one). You could change your name to your username if you have it set to your real name.

Yeah, but wouldn't you need Skype Gold for a group video call. That costs real money. An Online Chat would be simple and free.
#5 Posted: 20:48:16 18/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: SkylandersFan27
Yeah, but wouldn't you need Skype Gold for a group video call. That costs real money. An Online Chat would be simple and free.

Skype isn't an all-video service though? There's a chat and simply talking on mic. Plus video is free if only 8 people are in the call.

True, however to bring live chat to all users of the forum you would either need to publicize that Skype channel a lot more than it is, or just make an online chat. smilie
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#6 Posted: 22:37:38 18/05/2014
I think it could work, as I'd assume it would be directly connected to everyone's accounts, and it'd be nice, but I don't see it happening. I would think that all the moderators would have power in it, considering how fast live chats go, it'd be better to have a board range of moderators who could deal with issues as they arise.

There are currently no official live chats, but people have made several of them before for the dS community--for a completely public, nonexclusive chat that is hosted someplace out, I'd recommend hopping in on one of the Chatzy, even if it can get a bit rowdy.
#7 Posted: 23:31:13 18/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wild
I think it could work, as I'd assume it would be directly connected to everyone's accounts, and it'd be nice, but I don't see it happening. I would think that all the moderators would have power in it, considering how fast live chats go, it'd be better to have a board range of moderators who could deal with issues as they arise.

There are currently no official live chats, but people have made several of them before for the dS community--for a completely public, nonexclusive chat that is hosted someplace out, I'd recommend hopping in on one of the Chatzy, even if it can get a bit rowdy.

You're probably right, Dark52 probably doesn't want to program in a chat.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me