darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > What will make Series 4 different?
Page 1 of 1
What will make Series 4 different?
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#1 Posted: 13:40:28 14/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Assuming there will be And that gilgrunt seen isn't like a LC or something.

Anyways, the way things are... series 4 are almost close to being redundant... considering most people don't find a new wow pow And a new outfit really worth the extra money of getting the same sky lander.

So what could they do to really make the series 4 actually wanted by players?..... maybe replacing one of the art a is/moves? Like Zay if that WS gilgrunt riding some kind of water fish. What of say thy replaced gilgrunts 3rd move and any upgrades acociated with it
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Cooltonium Blue Sparx Gems: 605
#2 Posted: 15:20:46 14/05/2014
There will be a new Wow Pow
---
buy dangerous woman on itunes
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#3 Posted: 15:51:16 14/05/2014
Quote: Cooltonium
There will be a new Wow Pow

Yeah that's true but... pay 10$ more for 1 more attack? (I'll only buy S2-3 or 4 of some who I don't have like Ghost Roaster, Boomer. But I'll don't pay for a fourth spyro. smilie
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 16:26:03 14/05/2014
Series 4 isn't "close" to being redundant. That ship has long since sailed. Reposes should be limited to long retired characters, and definitely not ones seen in the immediate previous game. This is what is going to do irreparable harm to the franchise - parents are becoming aware that they are just buying the same thing over and over again.

They got away with it with Giants, people didn't realize how little the new Series added. Based on what I've seen most know that now. They are putting them reposes one per case and doubling up on them in Triple Packs, and that is what is clogging the shelves. Clogged shelves are what convinces retailers the fire is going out on the franchise, they don't like having to Clearance out the old stock - it costs money.
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#5 Posted: 17:47:56 14/05/2014
They should've stopped this ridiculousness with swap force, 3 series of the same skylander is the final straw, and unless this gill grunt is a LC then I'm not getting it unless the new power really wows me.
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#6 Posted: 04:15:51 15/05/2014
Should have wow pows of both previous versions
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#7 Posted: 06:15:20 15/05/2014
A new path would be cool. But only for series 4, or 3 at the earliest. I want a chance to have that wow-pow for all the series 2's. I was a little annoyed when the gave special names to the series 2's as well in Swap Force, but I understand Giants series 2's weren't selling without a significant difference in design. So, I hope they at least keep things even with series 2 characters.

Anyway, I just felt disappointed in some of the series 3's when they had a wow-pow for the exact same. buttons*Cough*gillgrunt*Cough* I know they were different, but still. At least Chop Chop had something to impress people who enjoy the sword path more, even if it isn't as OP as shield+series 2, it makes it just a little more useful. Getting off track again...

I believe a dreaded series 4 would be more welcomed if you had not one, but three new powers, accessing something new for the characters you love. We got a glimpse of what could be with Big Bang Happy Trigger. A rocket riding path with a massive explosion. Maybe have access to choosing one of the old wow-pows too? Like a second path? We've had paths that completely change what certain attacks do before, so I don't see the problem other than more coding.

This probably won't save the sinking ship that is the repose, but at least fans would enjoy it more than just another upgrade and costume change.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#8 Posted: 15:36:35 15/05/2014
No doubt the upgrade paths will only be selected either one instead of having two different paths collide. Still, the option to switch either one is in tact. I really wish all new Skylanders figures were given that as well, not just the Series 2 and 3 versions, but also the new ones and the Trap Masters.
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#9 Posted: 00:02:51 16/05/2014
I really hope that they don't go as far as series 4. Series 3 was enough. It would be a bad move. The new Gill Grunt can be a lightcore. Better than a series 4.
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 02:31:42 16/05/2014
If I'm getting the game I'll only buy repose if a Series 2 or they introduce an entirely new moveset on the character. Done Done Done with this stuff.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
darkdroboto2 Green Sparx Gems: 117
#11 Posted: 03:51:00 16/05/2014
Honestly I really enjoy the reposes. But this year I might get characters that I get in triples and my faves
Thepokeman Blue Sparx Gems: 590
#12 Posted: 17:15:17 20/05/2014
They should make a new path with all 3 wow pows on it
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#13 Posted: 22:43:38 20/05/2014
Quote: Thepokeman
They should make a new path with all 3 wow pows on it

Please, no!That's the kind of thing that would turn all the other reposes completely obsolete. If they do a series 4, it would be better they at least make something completely new. Like, no wow pow, no changing upgrade paths. Leave those things for the series 2 and 3, and make something completely different for the series 4. Like, a new moveset. Or different upgrade paths. Something REALLY new. They need to make it whorty if they expect people to buy another version of what they probably already have.
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me