Page 1 of 1
So No Online Play?
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#1 Posted: 23:43:01 09/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: pennyman
btw we confirmed no online play in this video from last month -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzMbdA0sYw

I'm done. I fold. I resign. I quit. I leave. I'm finished.

You probably get the point by now, right?

If I'm led to believe this, I am done with Skylanders, period.

No Online Play for the first game was understandable yet disappointing, I was disgruntled by no online play in Giants, quite angered with the lack of it in Swap Force, but the 4th Installment???

I will not comply with this. Unless TFB smarts up, they'll get blindsided by Disney Infinity, and fast.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
ninjacat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#2 Posted: 23:47:20 09/05/2014
at times like this its always a good idea to bring out the bucket and go into the closet? IDK?
---
BOW DOWN TO YOUR BELOVED RULER ~ :3 NUFF SED.
GoldenCamo Green Sparx Gems: 146
#3 Posted: 23:49:17 09/05/2014
Quote: hardcoreignitor

No Online Play for the first game was understandable yet disappointing, I was disgruntled by no online play in Giants, quite angered with the lack of it in Swap Force, but the 4th Installment???

I will not comply with this. Unless TFB smarts up, they'll get blindsided by Disney Infinity, and fast.

Rebell, little peasant soldier. For every Skylander you would of bought I will buy two, you have motivated me to keep collecting in stronger-than-ever force. Do you really expect online gameplay on a Wii-centric series?
---
https://www.youtube.com/channe...LwpvF3KB_FrPY8g <----- My Youtube!!!
SSA: 31/32 ; SG: 15/16 ; SSF: 21/32 ; STT: 0/X ; Total: 67/80+
#4 Posted: 23:50:15 09/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GoldenCamo

Rebell, little peasant soldier. For every Skylander you would of bought I will buy two, you have motivated me to keep collecting in stronger-than-ever force. Do you really expect online gameplay on a Wii-centric series?

Just not have Online Play on the Wii, because that is an impossibility.
---
nyeheheheheh

ninjacat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#5 Posted: 23:50:36 09/05/2014
NOOOOOOO
---
BOW DOWN TO YOUR BELOVED RULER ~ :3 NUFF SED.
GoldenCamo Green Sparx Gems: 146
#6 Posted: 00:07:41 10/05/2014
Quote: GoldenCamo

Just not have Online Play on the Wii, because that is an impossibility.

Seems smart. Give the dud to the Wii version (a mistake VV made with Swap Force).
---
https://www.youtube.com/channe...LwpvF3KB_FrPY8g <----- My Youtube!!!
SSA: 31/32 ; SG: 15/16 ; SSF: 21/32 ; STT: 0/X ; Total: 67/80+
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#7 Posted: 03:06:42 10/05/2014
I really do not see how Skylanders would even be improved with online play except maybe PVP.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#8 Posted: 05:53:58 10/05/2014
I don't really care about online play.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#9 Posted: 12:00:53 10/05/2014
NOTE TO EVERYONE WHO THINKS
"OS TMEEY ALK WO MALERS"
"oh they may talk no stalkers!"
JUST DO IT NO CHAT!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#10 Posted: 12:24:21 10/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sleepy0429
"OS TMEEY ALK WO MALERS"
JUST DO IT NO CHAT!

what did i just read
---
nyeheheheheh

#11 Posted: 12:50:08 10/05/2014
Quote: Sleepy0429
"OS TMEEY ALK WO MALERS"
JUST DO IT NO CHAT!

what did i just read

...I have no clue.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#12 Posted: 15:04:20 10/05/2014
Quote: yelvy
I don't really care about online play.

Great, then you have no dog in the fight. For the others, I feel your pain my brothers. The ability so simply battle a non-CPU would be helpful. And yes to the OP, it's about a done deal for me as well because of this. All I need to hear is Heroics or something like it is not in it for me to seal the deal.

I'm done with inferior platforms being the excuse, I'm done with talk about the capabilities (which can be limited), just get it done and remove a reason why fans would stop buying the game.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:07:51 10/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#13 Posted: 18:20:13 10/05/2014
What exactly can online play offer you that Co op or PVP mode cannot ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#14 Posted: 18:27:18 10/05/2014
^ New people to play with.

For those of us who don't have many people to play with, or people who aren't very good at the game and want to play with better players, or who just want to play with more people because they've already played with their friends so many times and are getting tired of it for reasons like it becoming too predictable, that's major.

Also, friends might lose interest and stop playing the game which pretty much means you have nobody to play with if that happens, online would be a nice alternative, even if you don't know the person you're playing with IRL. Also, maybe one of your friends will move away/go on vacation- you wouldn't be able to battle with them without online, but with it, you could. (Well they'd have to bring their figures with them but still.)

Let's not forget that this would also increase the sense of community in the fandom. Wouldn't it be cool if you could actually hop online and battle with the people you knew on here easily? Wouldn't it be nice if you could just look for matches and make friends from that?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:38:23 10/05/2014 by Arc of Archives
#15 Posted: 22:50:39 10/05/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
Let's not forget that this would also increase the sense of community in the fandom. Wouldn't it be cool if you could actually hop online and battle with the people you knew on here easily? Wouldn't it be nice if you could just look for matches and make friends from that?

Yes! Yes! <round of applause>
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#16 Posted: 23:14:10 10/05/2014
Well i have noticed that games heavy into online multiplayer usually have a degraded story and gameplay for singleplayer .
Then we have the problems of everyone not having the same internet speed . Skylanders is a pretty fast game at times especially when you do PVP .

Then the game is going to pause and complain when someone removes his skylander off the portal or when multiple magic toy buffs are being put on multiple portals at once . If someone is next to you you can bonk em on the head .

You have speaker phones online , now anyone can yell obscene words , making Skylanders no longer family friendly .

Also have to set up a dedicated multiple servers online which needs i assume extra employees and maintenance . Then those annoying infinite online patches that make you wait 20 - 40 minutes every second time you want to play the game . LOOVLEY smilie

Some games like Skyrim are the best they can be because they only have single player .

Nothing wrong with a online multiplayer experience but Activision should create a separate new Skylander game just for that . MMO skylanders sounds like great fun .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:28:10 11/05/2014 by Dark fhoenix
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#17 Posted: 00:01:55 11/05/2014
Why do you want Online PvP? Do you want to see people with Skylanders with nothing special stat wise spamming moves until you die?
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#18 Posted: 01:26:40 11/05/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Well i have noticed that games heavy into online multiplayer usually have a degraded story and gameplay for singleplayer .
Then we have the problems of everyone not having the same internet speed . Skylanders is a pretty fast game at times especially when you do PVP .

I agree with both of these. However, for the second, that hasn't stopped other games from integrating online modes. Possibly laggy online multiplayer > absolutely no online multiplayer
Quote:
Then the game is going to pause and complain when someone removes his skylander off the portal or when multiple magic toy buffs are being put on multiple portals at once . If someone is next to you you can bonk em on the head .

They can make workarounds for this. Make it so that people can't remove their toys too many times. They can remove them once or twice because if they knock it over it could actually be an accident but if they keep removing it it's obviously trolling. Also, I'm just talking about battle mode (which would be much easier and more worthwhile to integrate than online co-op), because I honestly have no idea if they even could do it for the story mode.
Quote:
You have speaker phones online , now anyone can yell obscene words , making Skylanders is no longer family friendly .

If they're worried about this, it's really not nessicary. I don't see why they have to integrate this into the game, and I don't think anyone is that desperate for it. (And if you have a friend you want to play a match with while chatting with them you can use Skype or something.)
Quote:
Also have to set up a dedicated multiple servers online which needs i assume extra employees and maintenance . Then those annoying infinite online patches that make you wait 20 - 40 minutes every second time you want to play the game . LOOVLEY smilie

Some games like Skyrim are the best they can be because they only have single player .

The franchise has made $2 billion. Activision should spend some of that money to improve the game and add something that a lot of fans have been asking for. I don't see how you can argue that having an option for online would make the game worse, besides saying "this might cut into development time!", but of course it will- but it's a good addition and it would give the game more longevity. Also, Skylanders is not Skyrim, which from what I hear, is a large, open-world game which some people have played for hundreds/thousands of hours.
Quote:
Nothing wrong with a online multiplayer experience but Activision should create a separate new Skylander game just for that . MMO skylanders sounds like great fun .

I want Universe back, in an improved version smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:14:05 11/05/2014 by Arc of Archives
gnarlytreesnex Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#19 Posted: 02:23:15 11/05/2014
Wait SSA had it
#20 Posted: 02:31:07 11/05/2014
Quote: somePerson
Why do you want Online PvP? Do you want to see people with Skylanders with nothing special stat wise spamming moves until you die?

Why ask the question and then answer it? Why do you not want online PvP? It's not like you can't avoid the feature if you don't like it.

Same for heroics for that matter. If it is a feature that people can side step if needed AND it brings fans to the fold I don't see the problem here.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:32:45 11/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
#21 Posted: 02:39:24 11/05/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Why ask the question and then answer it? Why do you not want online PvP? It's not like you can't avoid the feature if you don't like it.

Same for heroics for that matter. If it is a feature that people can side step if needed AND it brings fans to the fold I don't see the problem here.

It's called Hypophora.
#22 Posted: 02:47:46 11/05/2014

It's called Hypophora.

Ha. My question was rhetorical.
---
#23 Posted: 02:57:27 11/05/2014

It's called Hypophora.

Even though it had an answer.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#24 Posted: 04:50:50 11/05/2014
On limited wifi right now anyway, and never really have been one for online play, so it doesn't affect whether I want this game or not. That being said, I hope they do add it so the older fanbase increases, and in order to make more money, the Beings of Avarice that dwell beneath our feet (aka Activison) will start making the games more enjoyable and appealing to all age levels (I feel almost ashamed to have ever even looked at Skylanders during certain commercials, sad truth).
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#25 Posted: 05:26:45 11/05/2014
I'd been okay with online play only if it hadn't had a lot of stuff (i.e. achievements) forced on it. I like playing with good people and there are several folks I'd like to do so with on this very forum here, such as GhostRoaster above. Heck, even having a random pairing with a kid that can't get into an elemental gate and just being able to go "gimme a sec to grab what we need from my shelf" would feel rewarding to help them with.

Instead the only people I get to play with are friends from work when we're too bored after CoD...
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#26 Posted: 06:30:02 11/05/2014
Sad thing is, for me... I don't get to really utilize Online anyways. Only system I can get Skylanders on is the Xbox 360, which requires a Gold Membership to do online smilie.

despite that, I'd love if if they did incorporate Online Play either PvP or Co-op into the game. It would be fun (when I eventually get Gold membership/system that doesn't require extra cash to play online) to play it with others.

I either play that game by myself, or with my nephew (who's over about every other weekend.)

and really, Online Multiplayer (and multiplayer in general) would be a great addition to the 3DS version.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
#27 Posted: 15:38:01 11/05/2014

It's called Hypophora.

Even though it had an answer.

Cool, I was doing Hypophora and didn't know it. The more you know...

Kung Fu Man--totally agree. This should be just a fun mode. Although it's already confirmed we have no online, so I guess we may as well move on, kick the can down the road and hope again for next year.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:42:11 11/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#28 Posted: 02:28:59 12/05/2014
Am I the only one who doesn't care much about online play?
#29 Posted: 02:43:05 12/05/2014
Quote: TheShadowDragon

This thread is about those who do care, so I guess this isn't a thread you need to participate in.
---
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#30 Posted: 05:25:11 12/05/2014

This thread is about those who do care, so I guess this isn't a thread you need to participate in.

Yeah. It's always best to only show one side of the argument. That way things can easily get blown out of proportion
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
SennyBonku Blue Sparx Gems: 673
#31 Posted: 09:18:43 12/05/2014
It's sort of disappointment.

First of all - why does people claim, that with possibility to play online, Skylanders will get less friendly and kids will get raped instantly? If they won't bring any chat or communication and just possibility to play with others via Wi-Fi - either co-op or ideally (even just) pvp, there wont be any rapes. I mean, kids have access to the Internet these days. They dont need a game to meet some pedos. They can easily do it on the street as well. So this reason really lacks ANY logic. Stupid excuse for ignoring players, both younger and old.

Besides, every single console have parental control option. It can be blocked, you don't have to use it if you don't care. There is still a lot of players, who'd gadly interact with others around the globe.

"I play with kid/nephew/friend" - good for you. Altough not everyone have such an option. And no, I'm already spending my cash on figurines so I don't have time and money to invest them into kid.

Multiplayer option, espcially PvP, gives player chance to utilise all the effort they did to max out the character. They've already killed the fun in SF by removing Heroic Challenges and giving long, boring and repetitive quests, which only pays off with HP. It's not really challenging to fight for a 1000000th time with the same mvp, when you can perfectly predict it's next action and counter it. Seriously, it always brings some thrill to the game.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#32 Posted: 13:32:30 12/05/2014
Not sure if you guys mention this but what about the rage people who will yell trough the mic?
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#33 Posted: 20:02:17 12/05/2014
Online play? Wii?
DEM SERVS ARE DOWN ON THE 28TH OF MAY!
Remember? The game comes out waaaaay after that.
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#34 Posted: 20:56:11 12/05/2014
smilieIs it the 28th? I thought they were coming down on the 20th.
#35 Posted: 23:19:27 12/05/2014
Quote: Earth-Dragon

Yeah. It's always best to only show one side of the argument. That way things can easily get blown out of proportion

There's no argument, it's simply "I don't want it". People that don't want it won't prevent THOSE PLAYERS from buying the next game-it's just a preference. The folks complaining about the lack of the feature are now ARE NOT GOING TO BUY IT. I think that speaks volumes...Money will ultimately win this battle in their decision to finally include it. I guarantee you there are more people willing to not buy the game because they wanted the feature than people who don't want it and won't buy it if the feature is included.

Come again if you or anyone else is willing not to buy the game if online play is included.
---
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 23:26:02 12/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
#36 Posted: 03:06:13 13/05/2014
It's worthless for me who doesn't have an XBox Gold account, but count me in on the battle to help them include Online play.
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#37 Posted: 11:01:00 20/05/2014

There's no argument, it's simply "I don't want it". People that don't want it won't prevent THOSE PLAYERS from buying the next game-it's just a preference. The folks complaining about the lack of the feature are now ARE NOT GOING TO BUY IT. I think that speaks volumes...Money will ultimately win this battle in their decision to finally include it. I guarantee you there are more people willing to not buy the game because they wanted the feature than people who don't want it and won't buy it if the feature is included.

Come again if you or anyone else is willing not to buy the game if online play is included.

He's stating that he doesn't care, isn't that a viewpoint that would spark arguments around the topic? People who want online so badly they are skipping out on the game are the losing ones, with the millions of kids collecting your money is just another penny in the bank account. You're acting as if adult and teen gamers run Skylanders and that your boycott makes a difference - well I'm hear to knock you off your high chair. It's not like online is even necessary for the core audience. You think this game will flop so badly because you and a few others boycott it for no online? They won't even look at online for the cause of that (if it so happened) most likely! Some people have unrealistic expectations on the significance of their money. We here, we represent the minority of Skylanders fans and you're acting like the kids won't buy without online. It's not that simple.
Chibilove Green Sparx Gems: 400
#38 Posted: 13:29:01 20/05/2014
Quick question, does Infinity have online play? And if it does, what form of online play is it?
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ChibiMadness&sclick=1
Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death They might as well be the same thing
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#39 Posted: 15:20:33 20/05/2014
Quote: Chibilove
Quick question, does Infinity have online play? And if it does, what form of online play is it?

Yeah it does, at least on the HD consoles. It's jump in or out, you can do public or friends only. Never used it because I don't let my kids do play it online with random people and none of my friends list has it, particularly since we have it on XBox360 which has open voice communication. Yes, I could lock it down but I haven't seen the need for my 5 year old to play with people other than his brother.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#40 Posted: 15:29:05 20/05/2014
Thank god I stopped at Giants, they're barely putting any effort into these games at all.
Skorus Green Sparx Gems: 492
#41 Posted: 15:50:39 20/05/2014
Skylanders is a game that kinda does need online multiplayer. It's not like Skyrim where you play the main story and then you have all the other hundreds of quests that will probably take you hundreds of hours to complete them all. Once you get 100% and all the accolades, you're done. Yes, the online multiplayer will be flooded with trolls removing their Skylanders from their portal, or the guys that use Night Shift 24/7, but they should also add some things like online team survival where the difficulty gets higher for each player in the lobby.

eg. 1 player = 10 chompies, 5 greebles, 1 fire gear golem
2 players = 20 chompies, 10 greebles, 2 fire gear golems
And etc, if more than 2 players are allowed in this.

They should also have entire chapters that people can play online. It'd be even cooler if they integrate Skylanders' backstories in this.

I'm happy as long as they don't mess it up as badly as the online multiplayer for Mortal Kombat 9. The thought of that haunts me, 99.9% of the matches you join are seriously laggy.
---
Butt.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:51:27 20/05/2014 by Skorus
InitialFS Blue Sparx Gems: 640
#42 Posted: 17:22:42 20/05/2014
Count me in for those wanting online play but would anyone else be interested in split screen play? Obviously this would change up the level designs but I know my nephew prefers Infinity over Swap Force mostly because when he has to play with his younger sister it's easier for him to go around himself and complete missions unlike in Swap Force where you're tethered. It would also be great to see more than 2 players in future installments. One of my fav games of last gen was Castle Crashers. While smaller in scope, it was still a great 4-player beat em up game and it had online play.
---
Lost Islands Activate: InitialFS (10/9/14 - Spots Open)
#43 Posted: 01:35:39 21/05/2014
Quote: Dyno-Mite

He's stating that he doesn't care, isn't that a viewpoint that would spark arguments around the topic? People who want online so badly they are skipping out on the game are the losing ones, with the millions of kids collecting your money is just another penny in the bank account. You're acting as if adult and teen gamers run Skylanders and that your boycott makes a difference - well I'm hear to knock you off your high chair. It's not like online is even necessary for the core audience. You think this game will flop so badly because you and a few others boycott it for no online? They won't even look at online for the cause of that (if it so happened) most likely! Some people have unrealistic expectations on the significance of their money. We here, we represent the minority of Skylanders fans and you're acting like the kids won't buy without online. It's not that simple.

I'm not on any high chair--so check your privilege.

Bottom line--folks are disappointed, and will vote with our dollars. If that meets with your disapproval well frankly I don't care. It's going to be those willing to make that statement on a financial level to Activision that might send that message that the feature is needed. If not, no harm or foul. At least those that want the feature will feel better about not being hostage to another expensive release cycle not having features they currently enjoy in other Toys to Life games. A voice is heard one at a time. I'm in control of my voice.

Continue to enjoy your game if it meets with your approval. I won't lose any sleep either way.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:40:09 21/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
pennyman Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#44 Posted: 06:40:47 22/05/2014
woohoo thanks for sharing my video - just noticed this post smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me