Page 1 of 1
Will Hats be in this game?
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#1 Posted: 04:55:15 07/05/2014 | Topic Creator
The Topic Title says it all...
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2 Posted: 06:24:20 07/05/2014
Why not? smilie
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#3 Posted: 06:30:33 07/05/2014
I hope they shrink the hats so it feels like you're playing as your skylander again instead of a hat with legs.
---
#all Spyros are valid
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#4 Posted: 07:23:55 07/05/2014
Quote: Okaps
I hope they shrink the hats so it feels like you're playing as your skylander again instead of a hat with legs.

Agreed since it ruins the hat when it too big on a core landers
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#5 Posted: 07:28:18 07/05/2014
Yeah, Hats will still be in the game... Otherwise it's a wasted bit of code stored on the Skylander figure.

As for the 'shrinking' I do admit they need to adjust the hats better so they fit properly. And not look like they're flying just about the characters head. (which alot of hats look like that in the 3DS version.)
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#6 Posted: 09:09:16 07/05/2014 | Topic Creator
^Your evidence?
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#7 Posted: 10:38:46 07/05/2014
Quote: JCat
Yeah, Hats will still be in the game... Otherwise it's a wasted bit of code stored on the Skylander figure.

As for the 'shrinking' I do admit they need to adjust the hats better so they fit properly. And not look like they're flying just about the characters head. (which alot of hats look like that in the 3DS version.)

Quote: lordexodus
^Your evidence?

Do you even read?
---
you never saw me
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#8 Posted: 13:57:41 07/05/2014
Traptanium hats please smilie
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 14:29:09 07/05/2014
Of course all the hat from three previous games will reappear in Trap Team. If not, then all the hats from the old games will disappear.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#10 Posted: 14:40:13 07/05/2014
Why not?
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#11 Posted: 14:55:45 07/05/2014
Quote: I-Brawler

Quote: lordexodus
^Your evidence?

Do you even read?

That's not evidence, that's speculation. A definitive statement needs confirmation from someone involved with the game. That's just "it's a good bet" as opposed to "they're in".
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#12 Posted: 17:05:06 07/05/2014
Hats made it through 3 games, I expect them in this one too. It's one of the "core" features of the figures.

That said, somebody should take some time to make them "fit" a lot better.

Hats are one of the "replayability" bonuses that keep you coming back rather than just rushing all the levels and finishing the game, so I expect them to stay.
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#13 Posted: 19:24:15 07/05/2014
I do hope the hats come back but if they aren't either scaled properly or have a "hide" button my son ignores them because "they look goofy" so I hope they do them right this time.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#14 Posted: 19:51:13 07/05/2014
They can't get rid of hats, it's become one of the only ways you personalize your individuals Skylanders after the death of heroics.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#15 Posted: 21:02:08 07/05/2014
Quote: Zylek
They can't get rid of hats, it's become one of the only ways you personalize your individuals Skylanders after the death of heroics.

Read the sig......Heroics needed to go.

And with trap team, we'd be up to 12544 if each character had their own mission.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:04:42 07/05/2014 by Earth-Dragon
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#16 Posted: 01:23:10 08/05/2014
Quote: Earth-Dragon

Read the sig......Heroics needed to go.

And with trap team, we'd be up to 12544 if each character had their own mission.

I agree completely. And a REALLY loved the heroics on Giants and Spyro's Adventure. But it would be insane with the number of skylanders we have now. Just the idea of having to collect all the 50-60 new figures to have acess to all the content in the game is scary (to my wallet,at least). I really hope they don't make a comeback on Trap Team.

About the hats... i have mixed feelings about them. I think they will return in this game, but would be glad if they finally fit the skylanders head.
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#17 Posted: 02:21:03 08/05/2014
No one says you have to collect them all or do all the heroics. However if you want to max your figure i could see this as a bottle neck, however they ould easily tie heroics to opening upon collecting a certain amount of skylanders or achievements in a game.
#18 Posted: 03:12:22 08/05/2014
Removing the hats feature wouldn't be something they'd likely do. For starters it's a core thing in the game like Element Zones and collectables. Plus as I said before that'd be a set of extra bit of coding in the skylander figure's coding that would become useless.

As for evidence, no I don't have actual code hard facts, but it's more circumstantial evidence at best.

Like saying, a Mushroom or a star or even coins will be in a Mario game. It's something that's been with the series since the first Super Mario Bro. Game (since technically the Mario Bros. arcade game, and Donkey Kong arcade game didn't have it)... But when getting a new Mario brothers game, those three items are so core of the series that you're just about guaranteed it'll be in the next one.
---
~N~
#19 Posted: 03:12:52 08/05/2014
Even if there were only 30 Heroic Challanges, it still limits a household from being able to actually use all their figures in competitive play if they had the same significant stat boosts. 30*112=3360. That's still a monumental task that I feel detracts from game play. I, like many, detest grinding. I prefer swap forces method of giving your profile the boosts.

If heroic Challanges are there, I don't want to be forced to do them all with every character if I want competitive play. There are just too many characters now.
---
#20 Posted: 03:42:57 08/05/2014
The swap force thing was dumb as it won't follow you into STT and that was the point of heroics, it was supposed to permanently boost your character. I don't see how they are forcing you to do anything, just like they aren't forcing you to buy every single toy they produce, it's your choice.
---
#21 Posted: 03:55:00 08/05/2014
The swap force thing was dumb as it won't follow you into STT and that was the point of heroics, it was supposed to permanently boost your character. I don't see how they are forcing you to do anything, just like they aren't forcing you to buy every single toy they produce, it's your choice.

From a competitive stand point, yes they are. And it would be a ridiculous move to do online play plus heroics where it becomes "pay to win". I'd leave the series permanently if they pulled that crap.

But even from a household standpoint, even if I only have 10 figures, I'd have to complete 100 heroics to make sure they were all the same. If I have a 100 and they all have a level, that's 10000 to ensure they are even.

No thank you. It's poor design and unnecessary regardless if you can see that or not.
---
#22 Posted: 06:29:19 08/05/2014
Maybe the heroics should've be in elements - Say you were playing as Spyro then you could complete all the magic element heroics. I for one enjoyed heroics - It was the only way to make my Stump smash quicker without putting on a stupid hat on it smilie - but I do understand why they got rid of them. Anyway, yes hats will probably be in this game, so nothing to worry about! smilie
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#23 Posted: 09:04:48 08/05/2014
They need to let the hats be user adjustable.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#24 Posted: 15:17:10 08/05/2014
Quote: yelvy
Maybe the heroics should've be in elements - Say you were playing as Spyro then you could complete all the magic element heroics. I for one enjoyed heroics - It was the only way to make my Stump smash quicker without putting on a stupid hat on it smilie - but I do understand why they got rid of them. Anyway, yes hats will probably be in this game, so nothing to worry about! smilie

This is a great idea! Having 50 heroics was way too much but in elements it would be great.
---
#25 Posted: 15:22:35 08/05/2014
Thanks! smilie
#26 Posted: 16:34:29 08/05/2014

From a competitive stand point, yes they are. And it would be a ridiculous move to do online play plus heroics where it becomes "pay to win". I'd leave the series permanently if they pulled that crap.

Whoa Whoa Whoa.... online play???? They keep saying they have no plans for that.

Secondly, I love how you always state your opinion as fact and representative of the fan base at large. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean many others would welcome their return.
---
#27 Posted: 23:38:03 08/05/2014

Whoa Whoa Whoa.... online play???? They keep saying they have no plans for that.

Secondly, I love how you always state your opinion as fact and representative of the fan base at large. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean many others would welcome their return.

Secondly, that's a smokescreen to undermine my opinion because it varies from yours as opposed to just sticking to stating your opinion.

Save the shenanigans for someone else.
---
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#28 Posted: 03:35:05 09/05/2014
Okay, I think this needs to stop.

We don't even know how many heroics will even be in the game. There is no well-made competitive scene. Even if there was, no one is saying you need to max out every skylander. Most people would just max their strongest favorites. Others, who want to, would complete every one for extended play rather than some coveted prize of winning one out ten fights using Trigger Happy. So, there is nothing really to complain about. But everyone's opinion is valid. Just try to be civil and not to let things get childish... I hope everyone will take this into consideration.
#29 Posted: 07:25:58 09/05/2014
Quote: ToySoldierMafia
Okay, I think this needs to stop.

We don't even know how many heroics will even be in the game. There is no well-made competitive scene. Even if there was, no one is saying you need to max out every skylander. Most people would just max their strongest favorites. Others, who want to, would complete every one for extended play rather than some coveted prize of winning one out ten fights using Trigger Happy. So, there is nothing really to complain about. But everyone's opinion is valid. Just try to be civil and not to let things get childish... I hope everyone will take this into consideration.

Come on man. It's fair enough if you want to be the forum police, but you gotta end it there.

You can't then go on and tell me my opinion is garbage (nothing to complain about), but then act as if it's okay. That's extremely rude, condescending, and above all a silly tactic to boast your own opinion and escape retort. Essentially you responded to "Take your shenanigans somewhere else" by instituting another shenanigan.

It doesn't matter if that was you intent (and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't) but that's what you were doing.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#30 Posted: 18:18:26 09/05/2014

Puhlease. They got rid of Heroics...oh my god...that's wasted space.

Personally I'd like to see hats go bye-bye just like heroics. If they're killing toys to life, go all out.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
pennyman Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#31 Posted: 19:21:36 09/05/2014
Hats will be in Skylanders Trap Team and also villains will be able to wear hats -- as discussed in this video -- enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNckJDByjzA

GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#32 Posted: 19:26:23 09/05/2014
Quote: pennyman
Hats will be in Skylanders Trap Team and also villains will be able to wear hats -- as discussed in this video -- enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNckJDByjzA

Well that's disappointing.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#33 Posted: 06:44:26 11/05/2014
Really, not everyone hats hats. Even in the 3DS version, hats didn't give any increase stats/skills til Swapforce.

They way i see it tbh, if you don't like it, don't use them. I know lots of people (kids espcially) who love hats, not exactly for their stat bonuses (as they're almost extra's in a way) but because they like seeing their skylanders in funky hats. Or hats that look cool.

Regardless, as long as they have a good percentage of people liking hats (rather it's for the stat boost, or the customization, or whatever) they'll keep them in the game as I said, they're a big staple in the series.

Just like, Levels and upgrades.
---
~N~
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me