Page 1 of 1
The level up max for trap team
gnarlytreesnex Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#1 Posted: 03:02:35 07/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Trap team has level up again if you thought it was 25 for it then you are wrong! smilie wrong I sayyyyyyy. The real level max In trap team is twenty just like In SSF. smilie
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#2 Posted: 04:46:57 07/05/2014
That's life.
---
bye
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#3 Posted: 06:58:02 07/05/2014
I would like official confirmation on that please. link me if possible. And not youtube if more possible.

But if it's true. Well I have mixed feelings... then again, well, it just means I don't have to go and try and 'relevel up' my old figures.. which I see as a good thing tbh.

Just honestly, in some ways, I didn't see the big justificarion to increase the level max. Sure if gave 'additional play time' to older figures, but just more 'required' play time anyways. And with a large collection, it does get pretty annoying at times.

Plus on the 3DS version... You get like upgrades every 3 levels or so... for the first 10 levels... so you get 3 upgrades. The rest are stat boosts.. which are more *shrug* to me. But then you go another 5 levels for more stat boosts? when just being a level 10 is enough to kick butt.

Granted I do like the 'dodge' stat they added in SSF, as well, at first I didn't care to much, but then after a few times of getting hit, and that 'dodged' displays and I take no damage. I found it more and more likable smilie
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#4 Posted: 10:36:26 07/05/2014
Quote: gnarlytreesnex
Trap team has level up again if you thought it was 25 for it then you are wrong! :kaos: wrong I sayyyyyyy. The real level max In trap team is twenty just like In SSF. ;_;

Don't you think 20 is high enough?

(They said at the announcement that it was 20, for those that want proof. Somewhere in the demo video.)
---
you never saw me
iceblade2488 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1070
#5 Posted: 11:24:53 07/05/2014
Quote: I-Brawler
Quote: gnarlytreesnex
Trap team has level up again if you thought it was 25 for it then you are wrong! smilie wrong I sayyyyyyy. The real level max In trap team is twenty just like In SSF. smilie

Don't you think 20 is high enough?

(They said at the announcement that it was 20, for those that want proof. Somewhere in the demo video.)

I got to agree, level 15 was a little much for me!
---
Just a fool driven by nostolgia
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#6 Posted: 13:51:06 07/05/2014
Am I right in thinking previous games have been as follows:

Game/Stat Cap/Level Cap
Spyro's Adventure/100/10
Giants/150/15
Swap Force/200/20
Trap Team/250/?

If the sequence holds, the level cap will be 25.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#7 Posted: 14:58:43 07/05/2014
It's been stated multiple times and places that the cap remains at 20 mainly due to the debs trying to "maintain balance".
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#8 Posted: 15:39:06 07/05/2014
I think 20 is too high already. They either have to account for a vast difference in power between a level 1 and a level 20 or they have to make levels not meaningful. If they make it tailored for the high end, it's too hard for kids with an unleveled character. Tailored to lower, and you destroy the game a leveled up figure and the challenge is gone.

Diablo 3 recently changed to varying monster difficulty based on the player level, and it works pretty well unless players have a wide difference in level, because monsters assume the level of the highest player. It really makes it hard going from 60-70 with a player that is even one level ahead of you, give the big jump in power in that range.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#9 Posted: 16:21:20 07/05/2014
I don't understand why they would increase the Stat Cap, but not the Level Cap. Also, it makes you less likely to play with your older Skylanders as you can't level them up any more.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#10 Posted: 16:34:34 07/05/2014
Quote: wideawakewesley
I don't understand why they would increase the Stat Cap, but not the Level Cap. Also, it makes you less likely to play with your older Skylanders as you can't level them up any more.

They actually want that. They want you to feel the desire to get the new ones, not be satisfied that you can do just upgrading with what you already have. They don't, however, want you to feel your older figures are worthless - it limits the desire to collect them if they aren't at least somewhat "future proof".
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#11 Posted: 19:40:26 07/05/2014
I'm glad they didn't increase the level again, I know it hurts replayability somewhat but it also gives people who don't play religiously a chance to keep up (we got in late but I have been hitting up craigslist to catch up on past figures however we can't play enough to get all these figure close to level 20 by the time trap team comes out)
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#12 Posted: 19:44:18 07/05/2014
But you can also level faster. I think there have been complaints it takes too long to level everyone up.

It's all about finding that balance. With over 110 UNIQUE characters at this point, getting them all to level 20 will be quite a chore.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#13 Posted: 20:03:29 07/05/2014
Since all you get is a HP bump it really doesn't matter all that much, if it was like almost every other RPG where leveling gives you stat bumps it would be a different story.

They should take a page from the Pokemon book and set all players in PVP to the same level number to even the playing field. Pokemon sets all pokemon to level 50 so a head to head battle isn't decided by how highly leveled your pokemon are but it decided by skill.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Txholdem1224 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1793
#14 Posted: 20:07:27 07/05/2014
In PVP, does selecting the "fair fight" option even things out so a higher leveled figure doesn't have a massive advantage over a lower leveled figure? I don't know because I've never selected the "fair fight" option, and only played them as they are, no matter how mismatched.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#15 Posted: 20:21:09 07/05/2014
Good point, I've never used that either but it would make sense if that is what it does.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me