darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Expect any changes to the 3DS version?
Page 1 of 1
Expect any changes to the 3DS version?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#1 Posted: 18:20:32 02/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Since there's a new developer, you think we'll have any changes to the 3DS version of Trap Team? Here's what I'm expecting.

Better Graphics: Perhaps on something par with SSA on the Wii?

Better game-play: They need something new when it comes to gameplay.

Better level design. Giants an SF both disappointed me in level design (With a few exceptitions).

I'd also like to see more upgrades. those extra 10 levels are useless with about upgrades.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:25:19 02/05/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#2 Posted: 18:23:47 02/05/2014
Kaos will actually be in it.

(Kaos Trap)
---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:24:10 02/05/2014 by I-Brawler
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#3 Posted: 18:29:31 02/05/2014
Ever consider that they were a tad quiet on the handheld front? What with recent rumours of a new handheld from Nintendo this year then... Well, could we be seeing Trap Team on the new system?
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#4 Posted: 18:35:15 02/05/2014
Quote: bionicle2809
Ever consider that they were a tad quiet on the handheld front? What with recent rumours of a new handheld from Nintendo this year then... Well, could we be seeing Trap Team on the new system?

I think it was posted a few hours ago that Nintendo have denied those rumors. They could still do it anyway of course.

Either way, I'm hoping we'll hear some news soon. I'm gonna guess there's an exclusive variant involved and that's the real reason they're delaying info to us.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#5 Posted: 18:57:35 02/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: RadSpyro

I think it was posted a few hours ago that Nintendo have denied those rumors. They could still do it anyway of course.

Either way, I'm hoping we'll hear some news soon. I'm gonna guess there's an exclusive variant involved and that's the real reason they're delaying info to us.

Yes, the rumor has been refuted.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#6 Posted: 19:57:03 02/05/2014
A new handheld at this point in time doesn't seem viable for Nintendo. The 3DS is the only thing they have going for them currently. A new home console makes much more sense since the Wii U is a complete flop.
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#7 Posted: 20:28:56 02/05/2014
The Wii Us library of games is the complete flop. Nintendo needs to get over themselves and let people put games on their system. Their Elitist attitude is going to bury them. If Mario Kart and Smash Bros don't pull them up, their done. Games like the Metroid mini-game on the Wii U package game should be expanded upon, graphics improved and get their own type of release.

Nintendo thinks they're the greatest game company that ever will be and causes them bleed out and eventually we'll be playing Mario Kart on Sony and MS brand systems.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#8 Posted: 20:32:39 02/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Earth-Dragon
The Wii Us library of games is the complete flop. Nintendo needs to get over themselves and let people put games on their system. Their Elitist attitude is going to bury them. If Mario Kart and Smash Bros don't pull them up, their done. Games like the Metroid mini-game on the Wii U package game should be expanded upon, graphics improved and get their own type of release.

Nintendo thinks they're the greatest game company that ever will be and causes them bleed out and eventually we'll be playing Mario Kart on Sony and MS brand systems.

In my opinion, Nintendo is slowly clawing their way back up. They have made some very good marketing decisions lately. The Smash Bros tournament at Best Buy to promote the new Smash Bros game is an example.
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#9 Posted: 01:09:20 03/05/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Yes, the rumor has been refuted.

A bit off topic here, but the fact that Nintendo commented on the rumors raises some suspicions; Nintendo usually never comments on rumors and they hit this one head on.

As for the 3DS version, I expect the same as previous games: Special figure (my money is still on a Tomato Food Fight; colors swapped so red body and green tomatoes), some sort of plot that's different from the main games (perhaps including Tessa, even though she's in the main one) and some kind of neat villain that we'll never see in the consoles ;___;
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
GoldenCamo Green Sparx Gems: 146
#10 Posted: 17:09:12 04/05/2014

Nintendo denied rumors of new hardware this year.
---
https://www.youtube.com/channe...LwpvF3KB_FrPY8g <----- My Youtube!!!
SSA: 31/32 ; SG: 15/16 ; SSF: 21/32 ; STT: 0/X ; Total: 67/80+
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#11 Posted: 06:20:43 06/05/2014
First off. The 3DS version has been confirmed. Considering on their website (the official one) when you clikc the (preorder games) it's listed there with the others.

Though currently, they have a pic of a box with the 3DS logo on it but the same Items and things on it. So either A, they used it as a place holder til they confirm what all is in the 3DS version. or B, that's how their doing it. If they do it that way, I'll be disappointed for sure. Considering the fact that they had different Skylanders than the console just mde it that much better, so I don't have multiple of one skylander, considering the 3DS version has allways been a different game than the console versions, just sharing the same name.

So, with that being said, I am curious about how they'll be doing TT for 3DS. For starters, one of the biggest things I almost wish is that they'd go back to how S:SA did things, but keep all the 'fixes'. Like how timed challenge is seperate from story mode. Though one thing, make it so that it's unlocked as a reward for compltely the other missions. Much better than some random 'star'.

Moving on, there's a few modes I'd like to see come back, or have some short of version of. and some to just add.

That includes, Multiplayer, And some sort of Arena mode. After all, really most of those levels don't have as high of replay value any more... (unless they go back to S:SA style) Cuz SF levels were just to long and boring than anything.

Moving on. One of the biggest questions is how exactly are they going to do Traps.

in the console version, you insert the trap into the portal, which captures the bad guy, and you have that sound thing too. So are they going to force us to use the portal with the traps? Or will they be like a 'magic item' Where we load them into the game, then just use it virtually. Though that also means the 'portal voices' won't have as much use, or none at all.

I just hope they stay seperate games, in gameplay and storyline, fromt he Console versions, because I do not want a water down version of the console games.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3544
#12 Posted: 02:41:11 11/05/2014
I think they might have 3DS Exclusive Villains
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
#13 Posted: 06:15:31 11/05/2014
^ well that's completely possible. Conisdering the 3DS version has had 3 villians not in the console versions. Hecktor, Dreadbread, and MoneyBones. Or of which would make a nice Exclusice.

Another thing I mention in another part of the threads but figured I'd bring it up here... Is that so far, there's only been 2 constants when it comes to what Skylanders are in the starter pack. and that has been 1 is a varient, and the other two aren't. Though you could say that so far the 'special' skylander has also never been the variant... but since S:SA has Spyro's name in it.. you could count that one.

anyways here's how it's been each time.

S:SA- One variant of a skylander from the Console Starter pack, and two completely different Skylanders.

Giants- 2 of the exact same Skylanders as the Starter Pack, and 1 completely different Skylander that was also a Variant.

Swapforce: 3 completely different Skylanders where 1 was a variant.

So has stated, above, only the fact that it's had a variant was ever constant.

On another note... If I'm not mistaken... didn't the SwapForce 3DS version also show the same pic as the console versions, only with the 'game case' different at first?

and on a completely unrelated note, Feel free to ignore if you will, I still can't believe that Series 2 Dark Spyro has the same move set as normal Spyro.. making it Series 1 Dark Spyro being the only Skylander variant with a different move-set than it's original
---
~N~
darkdroboto2 Green Sparx Gems: 117
#14 Posted: 17:34:08 11/05/2014
If they put the same characters in the 3ds version as the console I hope there is a exclusive starter pack like a dark or legendary so it's different
#15 Posted: 13:32:44 14/05/2014
The 3ds version was sadly the only one yo not get the dark edition started pack in swapforce smilie

I just hope we get some new info at E3 about the 3ds version too.
---
~N~
Chrisii2013 Green Sparx Gems: 454
#16 Posted: 14:17:54 16/05/2014
I play skylanders on the ps3 and DS. however with the new game you need these crystals. i have a question but not sure if anyone knows yet will i need to buy two of every crystal.One for the DS and one for the ps3 or can i use them on both?
#17 Posted: 06:55:32 17/05/2014
Quote: Chrisii2013
I play skylanders on the ps3 and DS. however with the new game you need these crystals. i have a question but not sure if anyone knows yet will i need to buy two of every crystal.One for the DS and one for the ps3 or can i use them on both?

Ok, it has yet to confirmed exactly how the you use the crystals in the 3DS version. (rather you itentially upload them to the game and use them virtually or if you'll need the portal and key for each villain captured. or however it's done) But you can rest assured that it's about 95% positive that the crystals the console version uses (PS 3 and ect).

So yeah. The traps should work for both versions. There may be 'exclusive 3DS villians' but the traps themselves should work for both.
---
~N~
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#18 Posted: 01:12:43 18/05/2014
I have been thinking about the 3DS version

The pre-order pages describes it as coming with food fight and snapshot, in the same way as the console versions.
In the first game the 3Ds version was developed by Vicarious Visions, and on Giants and Swap Force by n-Space, and both of them worked solely on this version of the game.

But now, with trap team, the 3ds version is being developed by Beenox, whos is working on doing/porting the game for PS4, X-Box One and Wii-U too.

Maybe this time around the the 3ds version will not be a different game linke in the previous iterations of the series.
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#19 Posted: 01:28:59 18/05/2014
Quote: Psychomancer

The pre-order pages describes it as coming with food fight and snapshot, in the same way as the console versions.
In the first game the 3Ds version was developed by Vicarious Visions, and on Giants and Swap Force by n-Space, and both of them worked solely on this version of the game.

But now, with trap team, the 3ds version is being developed by Beenox, whos is working on doing/porting the game for PS4, X-Box One and Wii-U too.

Maybe this time around the the 3ds version will not be a different game linke in the previous iterations of the series.

I sincerely doubt we'll see the same game on the handheld, almost im-possible.
#20 Posted: 19:54:42 18/05/2014
Quote: Dyno-Mite

They did the same thing last year with swap-force. Like 'default' image and info was all similer to the console versions til they finally revealed it.

Plus, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the 3DS version will allways be a new adventure. and not the same or watered-down version of the consoles.
---
~N~
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#21 Posted: 21:24:41 18/05/2014
Quote: JCat
Quote: Dyno-Mite

They did the same thing last year with swap-force. Like 'default' image and info was all similer to the console versions til they finally revealed it.

Plus, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the 3DS version will allways be a new adventure. and not the same or watered-down version of the consoles.

I really want the 3DS version this time, but granted the console always takes priority. Hoping for no doubles - maybe Wildfire and Chopper? I can wish...
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#22 Posted: 00:06:53 19/05/2014
I was thinking the reason they haven't mentioned anything about the Handheld version yet, is that it is finally going to be on the PS Vita.
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#23 Posted: 03:57:34 19/05/2014
The Vita would still be listed amid the systems if there were any plans for a release on it. The lack of portable system talk I'm sure has to do with the newer portal and how it can be usable in a portable fashion given the new options. Traps/Speaker/Etc. Its likely going through a ton of redesigns to make it a viable option still, or its going to be a very gimped portable in comparison, which is why they are holding back on promoting anything about it right now. They want to sell all the new bells and whistles for the main console games. They dont want anyone distracted by what the hand-held game ISNT going to be able to do in comparison.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:58:10 19/05/2014 by GothamLord
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me