Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Get a PM When You are MM'd? [CLOSED]
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#1 Posted: 01:00:35 02/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Idk, if there was a way for people to check it easier, it might fix a bit more behavior issues.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 01:13:32 02/05/2014
I don't remember the last time we had this discussion, but I seem to remember saying something along the lines of, "If you're too lazy to go into your settings to view moderated messages, you're going to be too lazy to check your PM inbox for a PM about it."

I DO think it's worth updating the Help Files to tell people how they can view moderated messages. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 02:40:51 02/05/2014
That's a dumb reason. PMs show at the top of the page every time you log in and on every page you load. Moderated Messages only show on one page that I rarely go into look at.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#4 Posted: 07:52:11 02/05/2014
I just had to send a message to myself to see how the PM notifications show up, but here's my thoughts on the matter:
People won't really be as aware their messages will have been moderated if there's no indicator on the pages, and it might be more of an eye-catcher if someone sees the "1 New Message" at the top of their page. They might think "Oh, a message? Who's that from?" and go check it out, too see a post of what had been corrected and why. It would draw attention to the fact that something they'd done had been corrected, at least.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#5 Posted: 23:29:29 03/05/2014
Don't they show signature changes?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#6 Posted: 14:38:51 04/05/2014
I don't understand why we can't have an exclamation mark appear on the Settings button when you get a moderated message, like how one appears by your username when you have a new guestbook post.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#7 Posted: 14:40:03 04/05/2014
I go to the settings a few minutes after I log in. I log in, check the topics that interest me, post on some topics, and then when I'm finish I mark all post as read. I do this like 5-10 times a day. Maybe more. I'm sure there's others that do the same.

This would be helpful, though. To those that hardly go to settings
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:40:14 04/05/2014 by wspyro
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me