Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Moderators abusing thier Mod-Power? [CLOSED]
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#1 Posted: 17:43:50 01/05/2014 | Topic Creator
The Matteomax stuff makes me pretty much suspichious how some of the moderators use thier mod-powers... so... I am going to ask. How, and WHY did he chose the moderators? and was it smart to pick the current ones? Because I am hightly doubting about a few of them.

I'm not starting a fight between users and moderators, please...
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 20:18:45 01/05/2014
As far as I know, it wasn't much of a 'see what they did in the past and if they're good at enforcing rules' and more 'see who sent a request to be modded and pick a few', but I wasn't that active at the time to check out threads about it, it's just what I heard after it. Some of them aren't even active or very experienced when it comes to the forum and what should be done with it - I don't think I need to bring up S&N and how some think it's allowed to break as many rules as it wants.

If I was the one modding people I'd actually go for people who knew when to take down posts but also when to stay cool and accept some jerks aren't really doing anything wrong. But as long as the mods aren't going crazy power-hungry and trying to force that down people's throats, I think there's plenty of room to improve - suggest some mods to actually discuss and compare what matters between what you can report people for and what actually breaks rules, and to accept some people aren't going to ever like them/ aren't obliged to like them and that they should do what normal users do, ignore and move on.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#3 Posted: 22:58:19 01/05/2014
Well in my opinion of some of the mods I'm iffy about,

GillGrunt is way too young and immature for such a position. He did abuse is gnorc power, once if I recall correctly. Made alts for very stupid reasons (Remember the Slenderman account he made?). And barely does his duty as far as I see. Plus he has stickied a topic that didn't deserve the sticky, it was like all the other topics in fandom. Honestly he's just too young and not so active to be in a mod's position and I believe he needs to put off.

SpyroD on the other paw, I know he doesn't really go to the fandom section nor does he have the technology to use his mod powers often. Though back then he actually abused his delete post power just to keep a thread alive in the RP section. Plus he did say to me that he can't pick up the pace with Fandom anyways. Though he's not really doing a fair job on RP either, which he says is from "irl issues". And if that is the case than why did he sign up to be a mod? If you can't handle the assigned sections that Dark put you in then don't be a mod at all and let someone else do a better job. I mean honestly you cannot be a mod if you cannot do your responsibilities on the site. You're supposed to leave some IRL issues behind when doing your job. But you can feel free to vent them out. What I'm saying is you can't be a mod if your irl issues get in the way all the time. So basically saying if you can't properly take care of your dog, than give them to someone else that will.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#4 Posted: 02:44:56 02/05/2014
From some of the post I've seen, I think Matteomax was okay to delete the posts. Name calling and unprovoked attacks - things that are perfectly reasonable to delete.

With that said, on forums I moderate, when there's a post directed to me that I think is against the rules, I always defer to another moderator to make the final call on how to address the post. But that's me. It's not a rule of any kind, so it's not reasonable to expect others to go by it.
#5 Posted: 12:36:40 02/05/2014
The one that comes to mind was one calling another member of this forum a "douche bag".

Obviously, without the posts handy, I can't quote them all.

*edit* - with that said, moderated/deleted posts don't disappear into the aether, never to be seen again. Dark has complete access to any and all previously deleted posts. He can review them and, if necessary, take action based upon them (which, in theory, includes restoring them as I have personally seen him do in the past).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:11:28 02/05/2014 by UncleBob
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 17:20:16 02/05/2014
I think Mods need a tenure of service. Public opinion in terms of their service should help determine if they get rewarded with another tenure. Prob too much hassle for dark, but checks and balances would be appreciated.

My post was about douche baggery, as in the seller did something uncool. At the time I posted I had no idea it was him. So it wasn't a specific call out to someone on this board. I was referring to the actions. In any event, I reposted and I believe it's still up. I personally understood why it may have been deleted...it was just unfortunate it was a mod I was talking about without knowing. Doesn't change my thoughts, it is what it is I guess. Nothing personal against him--I was talking about an auction. Different take I think. And it's a risk when you have a thread calling out public auctions. I'm sure my eBay threads will eventually be in the limelight for some reason. Everyone has a grievance smilie

The removal of my thread with GameMaster was somewhat understandable, but the reason was advertising? Again we have threads where we advertise product availability and advertise gving away product to others -- the ufo hat thread being an example. Now, we can't have a thread about voluntarily donating in recognition of a cool achievement? I hardly thought that was advertising--it was an attempt at board synergy. So, I guess if someone here loses a job, it would also be inappropriate to have a thread to give to their family (time, money etc). I understand some people perceive people differently---but we shouldn't censor a thread based on two different set of rules based on who/what we like. The actions of course are a lot different but it's still talking about donating something. Maybe if the donation can benefit all, then it's fine...otherwise its advertising? Meh, not worth the time it took for me to type this.

I know moderation is not easy, and there's some grey in this matters. Let's chill with the pitchforks and torches.

I obviously can't answer to others but that's my personal take on my personal situation.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 17:36:17 02/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
#7 Posted: 22:27:03 02/05/2014
Regarding the Gamemaster thread (the Doom Stone one, I assume?) - we had to reach out to dark for permission to give away Sidekick/Fright Rider codes on the forums, as many thought it was a form of selling/trading (yeah, I know...)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 02:44:32 03/05/2014
Quote: UncleBob
Regarding the Gamemaster thread (the Doom Stone one, I assume?) - we had to reach out to dark for permission to give away Sidekick/Fright Rider codes on the forums, as many thought it was a form of selling/trading (yeah, I know...)

English must be the hardest language, cause that is a major stretch. Oh well. Whatever fancies the mod gods.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:45:07 03/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#9 Posted: 00:27:53 15/06/2014
I actually would have liked it to stay that way.
#10 Posted: 01:07:50 15/06/2014
Did you even read the topic Loco?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#11 Posted: 01:10:52 15/06/2014
Quote: Trix Master 100

I read the title. Instantly, I knew that it meant Matteomax, who has a tendency of moderating the "new to the world" people's posts.
#12 Posted: 01:14:22 15/06/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107

I read the title. Instantly, I knew that it meant Matteomax, who has a tendency of moderating the "new to the world" people's posts.

But did you read about the other mods? Didn't think so. Plus this topic is ANCIENT! Do us a favor and not bump dead ancient topics.

Probably the reason why there's a live chronicle starring your actions on the forums.
---
icon from Empoh
#13 Posted: 05:48:50 15/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: LocoGuy107

But did you read about the other mods? Didn't think so. Plus this topic is ANCIENT! Do us a favor and not bump dead ancient topics.

Probably the reason why there's a live chronicle starring your actions on the forums.

Well, it got bumped now.
But yeah, Trix is right, this topic is like... ancient...
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#14 Posted: 13:16:34 15/06/2014
In Internet Time, a month is like 20 years or something
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#15 Posted: 16:14:00 15/06/2014
People, this is why I have this is my GB:

"If you have a problem with my moderating style, private message me. I can take criticism guys. Don't feel that just because I'm a mod that you can't criticize me. Criticize me! Don't treat me any different just because I'm a mod."

If the mods listed in this thread aren't open for criticism, then honestly they should be removed. They give goods mods (as far as my understanding, like me) a bad name.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#16 Posted: 17:15:39 15/06/2014 | Topic Creator
I have no problem with you at all JC. To me, since a time, you've been one of my fave mods. Realy.

Still, why whas this bumped?
#17 Posted: 22:48:00 15/06/2014
Because Loco is Loco......

But I agree with JCW there. If they can't take the heat Criticism then they should stay out of the mod Kitchen.
---
icon from Empoh
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#18 Posted: 22:58:55 15/06/2014
JCW is a really good mod.
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#19 Posted: 01:20:23 16/06/2014
JCW, Wild, and HIR are the good mods that I appreciate. The others should be relieved of their duties.
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#20 Posted: 13:39:19 16/06/2014
Quote: Dyno-Mite
JCW, Wild, and HIR are the good mods that I appreciate. The others should be relieved of their duties.

What about wakapro?
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
#21 Posted: 21:24:21 16/06/2014
Well honestly Waka and JCW are the better mods in my book HIR is in between good and bad.

Reason why HIR is in between is mainly because he "handled" the whole Loco posting other people's fanart in the fanart section
[User Posted Image]

Which btw is not how fanart section works. YOU draw/make your own art and YOU post it. Not anyone else. Especially without the artist's permission.
---
icon from Empoh
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#22 Posted: 22:26:36 16/06/2014
^ I'd honestly blame that more on dark for failing to make the rules and intended use of each section clearer. It's a problem when even the mods often aren't sure how to mod things. And also I still disagree with you on that. AFAIK, there is nothing official that says fan art is supposed to be only for your own artwork, and I think it would be horrible to have posts with fan art clogging up General. I think General should be used to discuss official Spyro stuff, that isn't about things from specific games/discussing things that apply to multiple games in the series. Maybe Loco's topic should have gone in "Fandom" since it's promoting things fans have done
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:29:38 16/06/2014 by Arc of Archives
#23 Posted: 23:12:45 16/06/2014
Yeah I agree on the General part. But I still disagree on fan art part. But you know opinions.
---
icon from Empoh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me