Page 1 of 1
Top 5 Wish List for Trap Team.
GB700 Green Sparx Gems: 475
#1 Posted: 11:58:36 27/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I saw Robert Welkner did a vid on this topic but cant find a thread on here about it, so I thought I would start it.

What is your top 5 wishes to be in Trap Team?
5 being the least important to you and 1 being the most important.
I think that my top 5 may have some that others would incluide in thiers too.

My Top 5 is as follows:

5 - Keep the "Shock & Bolt" locks, however bring back the Imp locks and randomise these too to keep it fresh.

4 - Better staggering of the release of new figures. I personally find that after 4-6 months I get board of replaying the same games. I still dont have a few Swap Force figures and have taken a break from the game.
I think that all new toys should be released within 5 months of game relase so you can play the all while still interested in the game.
Plus they should be out in all countries at the same time. The UK get waves so much later than the US.

3 - Bonus Gameplay modes
3A - I want them to keep Survival modes and PvP battles. However I really want to see a return Sky Goals and Sky Gems.
3B - Sky Stones (Not have to play it in the campaign but collect Stones in the Campaign to play this from the Hub).
3C - Swap Zone's and Giant's Feat of Strength. (It would be great if these where not in the story but available via the hub, something similar to Snagglescale's tent. Plus with coins or something a reward.)
3D - Keep the Bonus Mission, however bring back heroics too.

2 - Longer story campaign with more levels.

1 - Online game play both Co-Op and PvP.

On a side note, I am super excited for Trap Team looking forward to playing the baddies. In my view, this game means there is great potential for Skylanders 5.
The Trapped baddies had better carry forward to the next game. If we have a trapped Koas, the it could be a new baddy in Skylanders 5.
I did not think they could top the Swap gimmick but they have. Can they top the trapping gimmick? Time will tell.

Thanks for reading.
---
SWAPS smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LC smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CORE smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 12:33:16 27/04/2014
5. Give us Skylander exclusive missions like Heroic Challenges.

4.Bring back Bonus Missions, Survival Arenas, Time Attack challenges and Score mode challenges.

3. Give us something more to do with our Skylanders! Something to increase stats and bring back quests.

2. GIVE EVERYONE THE WAVES AROUND THE SAME TIME!

Bring back Wrecking Ball, Hot Dog and Pop Thorn!
---
talon4000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 13:09:29 27/04/2014
5. Edit: For the villains to have their own upgrade paths (Original: Wolfgang to be as awesome to play as he looks)
4. Bosses as part of the level rather than their own level.
3. Slightly shorter levels that Swap Force (as much as I loved how long they were the first time through, replaying can be a little tedious when looking for that last hidden item)
2. Only need 1 Trap Master to unlock all the traptanium areas (almost all the characters I could afford in Swap Force had to be swappers to get all the pickups, I want to be able to get more cores)
1. Online Play
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:12:51 27/04/2014 by talon4000
milton310 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#4 Posted: 13:51:48 27/04/2014
For Me, it would be

5. Villains able to be upgrade able (I would not like to see Kaos with this)
4. Bosses to be part of the level to enhance the experience.
3. Longer Campaign with more villans
2. Bring back the giants and their abilities
1. Online Play
---
"One choice can lead to a change to the metagame"
Member of the Smogon OU/Ban Committee
Head of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Tiering List
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#5 Posted: 15:35:09 27/04/2014
5: Heroic missions make Skylanders unique

4: 10 minute levels and not 40 minute levels like Swap Force

3: Make the mini-games in Nightmare Mode do less damage to you

2: No cutscenes in Nightmare Mode

1: Less mandatory mini-games
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 17:19:56 27/04/2014
Where were the mandatory mini games?

The ones I know are Lock Puzzles.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#7 Posted: 17:53:31 27/04/2014
5) Skystone pass tickets (for shorter cheats and quicker plays)

4) Shock & Bolt locks (the imp locks are very hard)

3) Bonus Missions, Survival Arenas, Time Attack and Score Mode challenges (Heroic Challenges are the biggest wastes of valuable gaming time)

2) Hyphen in the nickname station (I have a few Skylanders that I want to nickname including the hyphen)

1) Collection box for Traptanium Crystals with specific names of trappable villains and their elements.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:05:50 27/04/2014 by TheShadowDragon
#8 Posted: 19:02:49 27/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

The shooting ones.
#9 Posted: 19:49:27 27/04/2014
Quote: somePerson

The shooting ones.

Well, they are along the path of completing a story. Using your logic using the robot and flying the Arkeyan ships in Giants were also mini games...in my mind they were simply a different part of gameplay that's part of the story.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#10 Posted: 19:59:18 27/04/2014
Quote: somePerson

The shooting ones.

Well, they are along the path of completing a story. Using your logic using the robot and flying the Arkeyan ships in Giants were also mini games...in my mind they were simply a different part of gameplay that's part of the story.

Well going by that logic would Mario Party not be a mini-game collection as the games were mandatory?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#11 Posted: 20:30:23 27/04/2014
5. More bosses, GOOD bosses.
4. Puzzles that aren't too hard but aren't easy/glitched either? Lock puzzles do that for me, but I don't know if that's the majority.
3. Less need to get Traps(villains can be replaced in them or you can choose which one you want to use in the beginning of the chapter), but still give villains a reason to be used(some upgrades, maybe special sculpt variants with actual villain figures?)
2. Fix the plot or at least pretend some SF stuff never happened, there's still time to save it.
1. Heroic challenges, specially the speed-flavored ones. I want to actually be able to use slow tank characters without feeling like I'm wasting my time.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#12 Posted: 20:30:46 27/04/2014
5. Heroics
4. Imp locks or lighting with imp.
3. Online for:
a. Patch the game
b. Online Play
c. Possible 4 player mode.
d. Downloadable DLC or 4 adventure packs/more lvls at start.
2. Don't lock ppl out of zones because the skylander/crystal aint out. Im fine with an Oct release but by Black Friday/Xmas one should be able to every mini game etc.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#13 Posted: 01:39:02 28/04/2014
5. Able to switch upgrade paths in the menu of viewing the Skylander, and not have to re-buy a path if you switch back to it.
4. Return Bouncer back to himself in S:G.
3. More levels, shorter levels.
2. Heroics.
1. Online play.
#14 Posted: 02:08:46 28/04/2014
Quote: Bifrost
5. More bosses, GOOD bosses.
4. Puzzles that aren't too hard but aren't easy/glitched either? Lock puzzles do that for me, but I don't know if that's the majority.
3. Less need to get Traps(villains can be replaced in them or you can choose which one you want to use in the beginning of the chapter), but still give villains a reason to be used(some upgrades, maybe special sculpt variants with actual villain figures?)
2. Fix the plot or at least pretend some SF stuff never happened, there's still time to save it.
1. Heroic challenges, specially the speed-flavored ones. I want to actually be able to use slow tank characters without feeling like I'm wasting my time.

We have 40 villains...isn't the point of the entire game is to have one gory boss fest battle one after another?
I doubt we'll have any originality in puzzles.
Plot? We are just going around catching criminals. I think they wrote the plot over lunch.
Heroics? I bet they are gone as well as quests. I just get a bad feeling. Once you nerf XP level, why stop there? Heck, why don't they just sell these things already upgraded for $2 more? Gamers are lazy. In fact, why don't they just ship the 100% complete file with the disc?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:11:38 28/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#15 Posted: 19:02:07 28/04/2014
1. More Unique Variants like Quickdraw Rattle Shake

Here's to hoping for Camouflage Chopper to exist!
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#16 Posted: 19:37:46 28/04/2014
5. (Reference my signature) I don't want Heroic Challanges giving stats. It makes it hard to have a balanced assortment of Skylanders for PVP when you have to do now 100+ unique levels for each guy. BUT I wouldn't mind a level unlocking with each figure. It should just be a fun bonus level, maybe even a mini-game from a unique perspective (water guys in a 3D underwater level sort of thing) like the swap zones.

4. Re-do a skylander not previously done for each element from the first two games still missing a wow-pow (wham-shell, dinorang or flashwing, sunburn, Warnado, Ghost Roaster or Fright Rider, Shroomboom, Voodood, and Boomer). Repose one figure from Swap Force for each element with a wow pow. Add wow POWs into the Series 1s and STOP differentiating Series by how many you are on for that character and shift it to which game you are on. All red bases could and should be referred to as Series 4 as opposed to there being Series 1, 2, 3, and 4 all being mixed in.

3. You've heard it before from me, and I'll pound it again. The utility of characters made the first game more interesting. Having swimmers, flyingers, rock crushers, prism crackers, fire walkers, and fire attackers made you have to pay attention to your team and gave you side areas to explore in the main levels. I understand it's a kids game, but those aren't concepts the kids can't learn. It helps them with analytical thinking amongst other things, and if they can't get those concepts, maybe the adults should be playing with their children and teaching them (ya know, that thing we call quality time with the kids). I really think this needs to come back, as well as having Giants still add something (confirmed they wouldn't).

2. More minion spawn points belching out mid-range opponents. One hit kill chompies being the only spawners make for a weaker game. I'd appreciate a bit more tactical thinking to battle. Take out the upper tier enemy in the center first, or try to get past the shooters in the back to break the cave entrance where enemies are spitting out of. Greater immediate threat versus potential long term nightmare.

1. Get rid of enemy/environmental damage doing more to you as you gain levels. Absolutely makes level gains useless, and for some more of a hindrance. It's why I'm surprised people were complaining you couldn't level Villians. Levels haven't mattered since the first game. Please let levels matter again.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:04 28/04/2014 by Earth-Dragon
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#17 Posted: 19:45:42 28/04/2014
5. Change how LCs work if they return

4. Open world game

3. Online component, anything competitive vs other players where everything you do to improve the character will actually matter. Could be 5 on 5 battle, capture the flag, etc...

2. Trapped enemies will carry forward

1. At least 4 post launch adventure packs spread out over the months afterward. Or some sort of episodic dlc to add stuff later in the cycle, kind of like they did with Halo 4.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#18 Posted: 19:59:53 28/04/2014
Quote: Zylek
5. Change how LCs work if they return

4. Open world game

3. Online component, anything competitive vs other players where everything you do to improve the character will actually matter. Could be 5 on 5 battle, capture the flag, etc...

2. Trapped enemies will carry forward

1. At least 4 post launch adventure packs spread out over the months afterward. Or some sort of episodic dlc to add stuff later in the cycle, kind of like they did with Halo 4.

My diet coke went through my nose when I read #4. What did Aerosmith say? DREAM ON!

Everything else is reasonable, but with Activision, doing nothing is better than changing. So, I guess the former comment still applies smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:00:50 28/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#19 Posted: 20:32:36 28/04/2014
I'm pretty happy with how the games have been going, but there are 5. things I would love/prefer to see:

1. Bring back heroic challenges, or something more character specific. Give me a reason to collect them all (So I feel better about all the money I spend haha)

2. Shorter levels. Swap force levels were FAR too long. Bring back Giants length

3 (And this is a biggie). If Quests are coming back, don't make stupid quests where I have to reload the hub world 1,000 times just to unlock the stupid puzzle again and again

4. More easily skipped cut scenes/no Rufus!

5. If Lightcores come back, don't give me a core and a light core version. Just one or the other
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
crocko33 Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#20 Posted: 21:00:04 28/04/2014
5. More battle arenas (with a focus on character styles). Also, would love to see ability for tag-team battles incorporating the villain-traps.
4. More bonus mission maps -- these are great, maybe even make element-specific missions. So, instead of 13,000 heroic quests (80 characters + 34 new = 114 x 114) there could be a water mission (or two) designed for testing all your water Skylanders on.
3. Stat comparisons -- I'm not talking comparing my scores with online friends, but being able to track how Bash performed when doing a mission, quest, score mode, etc versus how Wildfire did on that same challenge. In my mind, this would be an epic, but easy addition to the game.
2. More survival arenas -- I loved these in SSF and am all for bringing them back and in greater number

(For me, the game length and play is fine. Ideally, I'd like to see more levels that are slightly shorter, but the game play is fun and it is what it is. I find the real long-term, replayable value in all of the extras - PVP arenas, survival arenas, mission maps, time mode, score mode, etc.

1. Tower of Time quality adventure packs. I probably won't have Sheep Wreck Island for a couple weeks, but in all of SSF, I thought Tower of Time was the highlight chapter of the game. Amazing design, love the clock-stop addition....felt like a mini-story, with the hub in the middle and 3 portions to go through, not including the "villain" battles at the end of each leg.
---
55 out of 80 Skylanders -- Activate account = crocko33
Furry360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2713
#21 Posted: 21:23:16 28/04/2014
this game so needs online
---
spyro the best of ALL ( skylanders)
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#22 Posted: 21:57:31 28/04/2014
I didn't think I had many wishes until I started this, but I guess I did. But I suppose everyone does as well.

1) I would like more games in PvP. The arena team/rival options were great, but I still miss Sky Goal and would like to see more things to do. One of the biggest selling features is that you can take your skylander over to a friend's house and play on a different console. So, I would think kids would be more likely to ask their parents for all the characters to try them out against their friends in different ways.

2) I want to see a Boss Rush mode with all your captured villains. I would greatly enjoy it in a co-op function with team and rival settings. I know 40+ would be a lot of guys to go through, so I was thinking that a difficulty setting by the number of bosses you will face with a randomizer to keep it interesting. So, say you want a short round, you get 5 villains, randomly picked from your vault.

3) Much like all of you, I want many short levels. With environmental diversity, such as water and rocks and maybe new ones for some of the other elements and things of the like. I wouldn't want anything that prevents story progression, but things to make it easier on different skylanders and to hidden treasures.

4) Just as the last, I want less cut scenes while playing through multiple times. It was already agonizing enough to restart things over and over again for quests, but to have to listen to Rufus or the level's story every time was brutal. If they can't possibly do that then return the quests' rewards back to hats so I'm less motivated to do them. Long Adventure Pack levels for all the previous ones would be fine. There are only six so far and we may not even get more this time around, so it would balance out in a way.

5) Heroics. I know, I know. Quite the divided topic. But I'm one of those that likes to keep my skylanders on par with one another, especially in elemental power. But I felt like both my hard work for my older characters was almost wasted and the lack of work on the newer ones felt empty. I've made my mind to restart most of my skylanders for the next game to make it last longer and keep them even with the new guys. Anyway, I would like heroics to make it feel like I'm actually doing something to benefit my skylanders and have that feeling of accomplishment when I feel my slower guys getting faster and weaker guys lasting longer. I'd also like to keep Bonus Missions for those special charms that help with the story and fighting certain enemies.

This is just my wish list. I don't expect any of this to actually happen, so keep any commenting polite. ^_~
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me