Page 1 of 1
What if Boomer was trapped?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#1 Posted: 22:52:51 26/04/2014 | Topic Creator
And that's why he has no repose.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#2 Posted: 22:59:41 26/04/2014
I actually think he will be back this time since Toys For Bob is back.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#3 Posted: 23:55:13 26/04/2014
But Boomer wasn't popular, even though they tried to sell the character by plastering him on the box-art and a lot of in game shots like Spyro's Heroic Challenge and Whirlwind's Soul Gem ability.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#4 Posted: 00:03:11 27/04/2014
I think with it being so hard to find him for the last couple of years, his popularity has grown. I can't say that for the majority, but even a lot of kids who have gotten into it in later games have probably, by now, seen him enough that they want him.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#5 Posted: 00:22:21 27/04/2014
Boomer was just too good for Portal Masters.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#6 Posted: 02:27:18 27/04/2014
I don't think that they would've trapped a Skylander.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#7 Posted: 02:42:17 27/04/2014
Quote: ninja9351

I don't necessarily think he'll be back. His moveset is one of the worst ever. and the voice choice....ugh.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#8 Posted: 03:11:07 27/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

I don't necessarily think he'll be back. His moveset is one of the worst ever. and the voice choice....ugh.

...His voice wasn't THAT bad. "Is that good? I can't count!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:11:31 27/04/2014 by MugoUrth
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#9 Posted: 03:12:07 27/04/2014
Quote: MugoUrth

Doesnt fit his personality. I was looking for a more manic voice...he sounds like a derp.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#10 Posted: 03:41:53 27/04/2014 | Topic Creator

Doesnt fit his personality. I was looking for a more manic voice...he sounds like a derp.

Would of preferred his commercial voice.
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#11 Posted: 07:16:37 27/04/2014
Got bored and played a whole level with Boomer and to be honest...he's kinda fun if you bulk him up in a tactical manner. He doesn't really need a repose though, the ground pound path is almost useless.

His voice suits him as a demolition guy. If it was manic it'd sound like Trig. smilie
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#12 Posted: 10:45:42 27/04/2014
Like a user said some time ago, its just that Boomer's figure and art looks really ugly the thing toys for bob needs to do with him is just make his toy and art cute as how he looks ingame.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#13 Posted: 11:21:52 27/04/2014

I actually thought they got Jeff Garlin to provide the voice.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#14 Posted: 12:07:28 27/04/2014
Boomer could return who knows. I would like a series 2 of him over anything hitting series 3 or 4. I do not want a lightcore (here is looking at you warnado and whamshell)
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#15 Posted: 16:03:44 27/04/2014
Boomer doesn't get a lot of credit. I took his path with his ground pound stun, and it makes him a really good Skylander.

No matter who hates him though, most people will own his S2, even those who do dislike him (most).

I can't wait to see a S2 of Voodood, Sunburn, Ghost Roaster, Boomer, Dino-Rang, Wham-Shell, and Warnado.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#16 Posted: 20:55:02 27/04/2014
Quote: Kevin16
Like a user said some time ago, its just that Boomer's figure and art looks really ugly the thing toys for bob needs to do with him is just make his toy and art cute as how he looks ingame.

I agree, that was a big problem. To be fair, Wrecking Ball was pretty ugly in his original sculpture too, but he still sold well enough.

Quote: Kung Fu Man
Got bored and played a whole level with Boomer and to be honest...he's kinda fun if you bulk him up in a tactical manner. He doesn't really need a repose though, the ground pound path is almost useless.

His voice suits him as a demolition guy. If it was manic it'd sound like Trig. smilie

I hate how if you use the Ground Pound path, his bomb-laying move is basically useless.
#17 Posted: 20:58:51 27/04/2014
A redesigned move set along with a better looking series 2 I feel is worth a shot for him. Even if hes only in a battle pack..like camo s2
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#18 Posted: 21:22:43 27/04/2014
I thought Boomer only became popular because people couldn't get him. It's the I can't have him so I want him more effect.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
GoldenCamo Green Sparx Gems: 146
#19 Posted: 21:23:20 27/04/2014
Quote: mantez
I thought Boomer only became popular because people couldn't get him. It's the I can't have him so I want him more effect.

Yep, so many people just said "ewwww what is that" and then when he became rare BAM.
---
https://www.youtube.com/channe...LwpvF3KB_FrPY8g <----- My Youtube!!!
SSA: 31/32 ; SG: 15/16 ; SSF: 21/32 ; STT: 0/X ; Total: 67/80+
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#20 Posted: 22:01:07 27/04/2014
I don't really mind if he stays or not, but I'd be pretty hilarious if a secret villain was actually a "retired" Skylander. I can already imagine the trapped dialogue being something along in the lines of:

"Oh,it's you Portal Masters! I... I totally didn't attack you in revenge for being left behind!....Can I get out now?"
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#21 Posted: 00:50:15 28/04/2014
I hate how if you use the Ground Pound path, his bomb-laying move is basically useless.

Pretty much. It still has decent options for covering your backside, or kicking them towards smaller enemies like the chompies in Nightmare. A wow-pow for him would need to either seriously beef up the ground pound, or focus on the neglected bombs in some fashion.

Other than that seriously, I like his moveset. Kinda feeling like I'm the only one that bought him when he was brand new. smilie
#22 Posted: 00:52:32 28/04/2014
Quote: Kung Fu Man

Pretty much. It still has decent options for covering your backside, or kicking them towards smaller enemies like the chompies in Nightmare. A wow-pow for him would need to either seriously beef up the ground pound, or focus on the neglected bombs in some fashion.

Other than that seriously, I like his moveset. Kinda feeling like I'm the only one that bought him when he was brand new. smilie

I did.
---
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#23 Posted: 02:27:53 28/04/2014
An interesting outcome of Trap Team would be to have a few villains become legitimate Skylanders. I'd reckon they'd choose the most popular/often used one(s) for that.
jckelsall Blue Sparx Gems: 624
#24 Posted: 09:04:19 28/04/2014
^I think we all know that a certain bone-harp playing wolf should be one of those villains who become legitimate Skylanders
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#25 Posted: 03:09:27 29/04/2014
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
An interesting outcome of Trap Team would be to have a few villains become legitimate Skylanders. I'd reckon they'd choose the most popular/often used one(s) for that.

If they could they would, but how do they track who gets trapped in the game? Only by word of mouth will they know what villian is popular. Kao's is the only sure thing. I wouldn't mind Clumbshank either.
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#26 Posted: 03:17:53 29/04/2014
Clumbshank?

Lol. WTF, Boomer trapped, where do you guys get these ideas.
#27 Posted: 03:36:27 29/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: willster8
Clumbshank?

Lol. WTF, Boomer trapped, where do you guys get these ideas.

He's a troll with no repose like most villains will.
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#28 Posted: 02:23:47 02/05/2014
Boomer has a back story
He didn't blow it up
Its still there
Read it
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:54:51 02/05/2014 by Iganagor
#29 Posted: 03:54:00 02/05/2014
Quote: dinoah2005

If they could they would, but how do they track who gets trapped in the game? Only by word of mouth will they know what villian is popular. Kao's is the only sure thing. I wouldn't mind Clumbshank either.

Either online poll or they'll have a tracker that counts how long you play as a certain character which then gets sent to the server.
Skorus Green Sparx Gems: 492
#30 Posted: 15:02:55 02/05/2014
Boomer just seems to be one of those Skylanders that are actually quite good, but everyone hates, a bit like Slobber Tooth. I didn't get the chance to get Boomer, but I do have Slobber Tooth and I LOVE him. Boomer, like Slobber Tooth seems to be one of those seriously underrated Skylanders.
---
Butt.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#31 Posted: 15:12:33 02/05/2014
However, both Boomer and Slobber tooth are lets face it, not very appealing. Activision didn't carry on Boomer because (Im guessing) he wasn't so successful as, lets say Stealth elf. And Slobber tooth probably faces the same fate... :/
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#32 Posted: 17:09:05 02/05/2014

I don't think TFB developing the game is gonna have any impact of who gets reposed and who doesn't. They'll look at sales figures and 2ndary market prices. If they feel they can make an appealing repose of a semi-popular to popular character, they'll bust it out.

Look at the prices for Series 2 Bash. It shows some of the reposes are well received and preferred. There's a lot more that goes into it other then "Toys for Bob likes Boomer, so they'll make another".

(Although you could've fooled me with chop chop and Eruptor.......enough is enough already)
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
BlazeHeatnix28 Blue Sparx Gems: 911
#33 Posted: 21:15:19 02/05/2014
I do think its about time that the leftover 7 from from SSA get a proper repose (LC Warnado and Wham-Shell don't count). I still don't understand why poor Boomer gets so much hate. I love him. He's a fun, destructive character that is really held back by his speed which isn't that bad. His health used to be an issue but SG and SSF fixed that. I'm glad I picked him and Voodood up when I got the chance. Now if they'd repose Sunburn and Dino-Rang, then I'd be happy.

A bit more on topic: All Skylanders are already trapped in toy form. They are released into Skylands when they get put on the Portal of Power. So there's no way Boomer could or would be trapped. End of discussion.
---
Awesome Shadow The Hedgehog & Ahsoka Tano avatar by the equally awesome Ace Archdragon!!!!
"I can handle anything."-Ahsoka Tano (SW TCW Ssn.3 Ep.21)
#34 Posted: 17:10:43 04/05/2014
Quote: BlazeHeatnix28
I do think its about time that the leftover 7 from from SSA get a proper repose (LC Warnado and Wham-Shell don't count). I still don't understand why poor Boomer gets so much hate. I love him. He's a fun, destructive character that is really held back by his speed which isn't that bad. His health used to be an issue but SG and SSF fixed that. I'm glad I picked him and Voodood up when I got the chance. Now if they'd repose Sunburn and Dino-Rang, then I'd be happy.

A bit more on topic: All Skylanders are already trapped in toy form. They are released into Skylands when they get put on the Portal of Power. So there's no way Boomer could or would be trapped. End of discussion.

Just a quick question, why exactly do the LightCore reposes not count? It's not true justice for being skipped but it surely makes them "not forgotten" until they inevitably are with Trap Team?
---
#35 Posted: 18:16:25 04/05/2014
Quote: GoldenCamo

Just a quick question, why exactly do the LightCore reposes not count? It's not true justice for being skipped but it surely makes them "not forgotten" until they inevitably are with Trap Team?

I think they don't count because they basically are a repose of a series 1 from SSA. I think most ppl would like a series 2 figure with a new move etc. Now to those that never got wham shell lc is great, same with warnado.
#36 Posted: 18:26:24 04/05/2014
Quote: SlayerX11
Quote: GoldenCamo

I think they don't count because they basically are a repose of a series 1 from SSA. I think most ppl would like a series 2 figure with a new move etc. Now to those that never got wham shell lc is great, same with warnado.

I'm in that boat.
---
#37 Posted: 04:51:32 05/05/2014
The reason LC don't count is mainly due to the fact they aren't backwards compatible. I can't use the new Wham-shell in the original game. LC are their own line and are neat, but they are last priority.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#38 Posted: 05:10:34 05/05/2014
Quote: Earth-Dragon
The reason LC don't count is mainly due to the fact they aren't backwards compatible. I can't use the new Wham-shell in the original game. LC are their own line and are neat, but they are last priority.

You have no idea what you're talking about. They're absolutely backwards compatible in the same way a S2 is: without the added "bonus". In the case of LIGHTCORE! they just miss out on the flash bomb, but they are the same character when brought into previous games with said data.
#39 Posted: 06:48:26 05/05/2014

You have no idea what you're talking about. They're absolutely backwards compatible in the same way a S2 is: without the added "bonus". In the case of LIGHTCORE! they just miss out on the flash bomb, but they are the same character when brought into previous games with said data.

I forgot the packaging was wrong. Can't remember when we stumble upon that.

Ease up on "no idea" there tough guy. It says it on the packaging. I wasn't pulling that from my butt.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:51:27 05/05/2014 by Earth-Dragon
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#40 Posted: 10:05:35 05/05/2014
Reasons boomer wasn't trapped
1.he just wasn't
2. back story
3. Figure !!! Not trap
4. They would've trapped boomers boss or something instead
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
#41 Posted: 18:46:50 05/05/2014

I forgot the packaging was wrong. Can't remember when we stumble upon that.

Ease up on "no idea" there tough guy. It says it on the packaging. I wasn't pulling that from my butt.

I'm not being a "tough guy", you're on a forum where, even if you didn't try it yourself, it's been said they work yet you're stating it as a fact that they don't.

The packaging isn't exactly incorrect. Their main gimmick is the flash bomb/glowing aura and those are missing when the old characters rebranded as LC are played with in previous the installment(s). However, they are most certainly backwards compatible in that the previous installments recognize it as the original character.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:49:32 05/05/2014 by Hexin_Wishes
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me