Page 1 of 1
Max character level
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#1 Posted: 12:15:35 26/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I've seen this discuss in various threads, but thought it deserved it's own. Looks as though the max level won't have a jump to 25, but will remain at 20.

I am not sure what to think about this. Playing devils advocate, I can see why Activision isn't raising the limit. They'd prefer you buy new toys, not continue to play with the old ones you already have. For those that feel the need to max out their characters, max level 20 is much more achievable. Also, in PVP, you don't want an even bigger gap between level 1 and level 20 characters. And yes, the first reason is obviously the biggest motivation.

As a buyer, I don't know that I care that much. We don't seem to play our max players that much, but honestly, the extra health makes very little difference. Dying was rather rare in SF.
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#2 Posted: 12:24:52 26/04/2014
It takes quite a while to level up when you get to 18 /19. I can't imagine how long getting to 25 would take!

I don't think just adding 5 every game would be sensible. I think 20 is a good limit for the figures. It seemed too low at 10 and 15 didn't quite fix it. 20 seems like a great max to me.

Technically I see no reason they couldn't increase it again but we will have to wait for official confirmation on if they did. I am pretty sure they announced that right away with Swap Force though? So I doubt it will go to 25 for STT.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#3 Posted: 12:44:38 26/04/2014
Crusher has 1600 Health at level 20, if you level up him to level 25 he will have over 2300 = God Mode (not in nightmare mode but in other modes).
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#4 Posted: 12:53:31 26/04/2014
Yeah, level 25 characters would just have too much health. I'm glad that the level cap isn't raising.
---
Bring the Fanta
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#5 Posted: 13:32:11 26/04/2014
I was initially disappointed the level cap wasn't raising, even though it wouldn't really matter since not a single skylander I have is at 20 yet, but you guys all have points. A level 25 character would just have way too much health.
---
Purple dragon.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#6 Posted: 13:33:22 26/04/2014
Well as long as they give something else for our old characters to do I am okay.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#7 Posted: 14:19:58 26/04/2014
According to an interview with Paul at TfB skylanderboyandgirl hasn't posted yet, we've got a double whammy in the extended playability department. Not only am I not required to play with my existing team to upgrade them, the new figures I buy will UPGRADE FASTER.

They are removing time I used to take to upgrade and spend time with ALL of my skylanders in game. If they take this away, what incentive do they have for replayability? If not, they are taking value AWAY FROM ME as a consumer. Obviously, it seems TfB is VERY UNHAPPY about how challenging Swap Force was and is ramping it down. In my mind, if they make upgrading faster, WHY NOT make the XP level cap 25? Too powerful? In mightmare mode where 2/3 hits is all it takes to down a skylander regardless of XP I don't think so. It's hard to get hit at lower difficulty levels even without upgrades and at level one. So I'm not getting it.

Not happy. Apparently working with skylanders and customizing them isn't a core feature anymore. I guess it was important when there were 32 but now that we have 200+ they want you to focus on the game. But if the game is of the same length...they've taken away yet something else from me from the playability department. I could literally play this game once through and I'll have no reason to come back.

Dare I say this feels like a weekend rental.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 14:30:00 26/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#8 Posted: 16:32:31 26/04/2014
It's not like you can't play the older characters. Their level just won't increase. It's your choice to not play a figure if it can't gain experience. Activision isn't forcing it.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me