darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Legendary Trap Team Starter Pack for reserve at TRU.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Legendary Trap Team Starter Pack for reserve at TRU.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#1 Posted: 10:11:31 26/04/2014 | Topic Creator
http://www.reddit.com/r/skylan...g_tomorrow_426/ Look in the comments.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#2 Posted: 11:35:08 26/04/2014
Odd, not available on the website. Not saying this isn't true, but would like something a little more concrete. Plan on going to TRU in a few hours, so will find out then.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 11:46:19 26/04/2014
Another employee "rumor" that will end up being false information.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#4 Posted: 13:59:17 26/04/2014
I am not saying that the Legendary Starter Pack isn't true, but it makes complete sense. If you want people to buy the wave 1 figures from your store, having an exclusive starter pack will definitely help.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 14:27:02 26/04/2014
Same, I think it'd definitely make sense for TRU to have a special edition, considering that not only was that one CEO at the unveiling, but they've been pretty close partners for a few years now.

Honestly, I think i'd like it better if they had an exclusive version anyways. Ideally, sticking all the Legendaries from the get go into a special version would save me money...so i dont have to buy them lol
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#6 Posted: 15:41:49 26/04/2014
Atm i'll take it as a rumor, but I wouldnt be surprised if it came as a pre-order deal.
SWARRM Red Sparx Gems: 25
#7 Posted: 15:52:40 26/04/2014
"That box is for Preorder cards only. We got the legendary bumble blast figures in as well.**"

Based on this quote in the link from the employee, I will also consider this a rumor/misunderstanding.
---
"Remember, the gimmick IS the game now." - smilie
JadePolar Blue Sparx Gems: 981
#8 Posted: 15:57:30 26/04/2014
Searched online for Skylanders Trap Team Legendary bundle, and found this link with this in the article, 5th paragraph that is quoted:

...including our fully exclusive Legendary series of figures that will introduce Skylanders Trap Team to our enthusiastic customers this October.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2014...endo-platforms/
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#9 Posted: 16:20:50 26/04/2014
Oh cool so instead of dark figures we get legendary figures
---
"Taking Charge"
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#10 Posted: 17:32:59 26/04/2014
I can confirm that the pre order is legendary. I ordered mine in the store on Friday. I saw on the receipt that it said "Sky Trap Legenda Pre-order." I called to confirm and manager said yes. I am out of town til Monday so can try to post a picture when I get home.
#11 Posted: 17:54:55 26/04/2014
Huh. Interesting.
---
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#12 Posted: 17:59:43 26/04/2014
Pretty poor marketing on TRUsted part. No where at the store does it say the have a legendary version. And I imagine e some customers don't want the legendary version. I will wait till there are more specific details before I preorder anything.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#13 Posted: 18:02:11 26/04/2014
Legendary Food Fight and Legendary Snap Shot with Black skin and Golden Weapons. I like it.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#14 Posted: 18:17:18 26/04/2014
Quote: Buuzer
Legendary Food Fight and Legendary Snap Shot with Black skin and Golden Weapons. I like it.

where was this confirmed?

i swore not to buy ingame variants this time but a legendary starter with those guys sounds awesome!
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#15 Posted: 18:22:15 26/04/2014
i cannot post pics so you may not believe me but i got a normal card but reciept says and i quote "xb360 sky legendar 74.99
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#16 Posted: 18:25:59 26/04/2014
Everyone can post pictures.. Upload it to an image sharing website like Photobucket or Tinypic.
---
Ace Archdragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2045
#17 Posted: 18:32:08 26/04/2014
Nothing on the site... if you Pre Order online do you pay on release or what? Because I'm quite sure they'd give you some kind of receipt. Just order then cancel?
EDIT: So they don't ship here anyway.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:46:47 26/04/2014 by Ace Archdragon
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#18 Posted: 22:12:20 26/04/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Everyone can post pictures.. Upload it to an image sharing website like Photobucket or Tinypic.

What if he doesn't have a camera Matteo?

Off Topic: Seriously you deleted my other post for being off topic?
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#19 Posted: 22:46:19 26/04/2014
Quote: ninja9351
Quote: Matteomax

What if he doesn't have a camera Matteo?

How am I supposed to know that? I was just telling him.
---
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#20 Posted: 00:13:39 27/04/2014
Darn, we dont have toys r us in New Zealand smilie
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#21 Posted: 00:19:43 27/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Iganagor
Darn, we dont have toys r us in New Zealand smilie

---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Templarhunter97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1362
#22 Posted: 11:02:49 27/04/2014
I hope they will release a dark starter pack with a series 3 dark Ignitor now that would be wicked
---
We work in the dark to serve the light-Nothing is true-Everything is permitted.
And i am still waiting for a sequel to bully smilie
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#23 Posted: 15:56:00 27/04/2014
Hmmm... Legendary starter pack is interesting and would certify I buy it from TRU.
Ace Archdragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2045
#24 Posted: 19:11:13 27/04/2014
LOL if it comes out here it'll be available everywhere. IF it comes out that is. If it is real I hope it does. I have a feeling it won't be Legendary Versions of the starter characters, or it has them and others, like the Dark Edition.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#25 Posted: 20:58:52 27/04/2014
Its a cool idea but i really wouldnt like it if they did that :/ Cause the i'd HAVE to buy a starter pack from TRU if i want all the figures, and what if another store does a special starter as well like gamestop with another dark starter? I only need one game after all <.<
---
Praise Helix!!!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#26 Posted: 21:01:37 27/04/2014
Id enjoy a starter bundle with saw 2 legendaries etc. Items u could buy along but would be cheaper together.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#27 Posted: 23:37:41 27/04/2014
Seems odd that it is not made more obvious somewhere before you buy it that it is a legendary starter pack, as some people would not be happy when they went to pick it up if they wanted and were expecting the regular skylanders
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#28 Posted: 00:43:36 28/04/2014
I can't help but feel maybe this was an error on the part of TRU. Wrong barcodes on the cards or put incorrectly in their system maybe. While a legendary starter set may be true, they wouldn't have the cards for only that and nothing else. Gamestop sold both a regular starter and their dark edition. TRU only has one set of cards and if receipts are saying it is a legendary one, I can't imagine they'll ignore people who only want to preorder a regular set. So maybe they meant to do regular starter preorders first, then wait to do the legendary ones after it's announced. I'm just making guesses.

Of course, to debunk my own theory, it was easier to Gamestop to start with regular starters and then announce a dark one later on because of how their preorder system works. Anyone could simply transfer their money from one pack to another at will. Can you change your TRU preorder at all, or just cancel it? I've never actually done a preorder outside of Gamestop, since that store allows me to put money on it slowly and trade in games towards it.

By the way, I started this post earlier, then walked away from it and forgot I was writing anything for a while. The joys of having ADD smilie Sorry if someone has already posted a thought like this that I didn't notice or see.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#29 Posted: 12:50:59 28/04/2014
If anyone was to have a special edition, I would like it to be TRU, as they are usually the one with the best deals come Black Friday (which is when I usually wait to get the game). However, if it's more expensive than the regular set, it may be harder for us to get. Usually I have one of our kids' grandparents buy the game. Since it's usually around $40 on Black Friday, I can usually get them to buy it. If it's much more than that, I'm not sure. And what does that mean for Legendary figures in general? Will that be the only way we could get them? Will Snap Shot and Food Fight, then, be Legendary or will they have other figures in it. If it's other figures, then how would you get Snap Shot and Food Fight (or even if they are Legendary figures, how would someone get the regular versions if they wanted?)? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I wouldn't doubt they will do it, though. It's up for debate on how they handled the Legendary figures for Swap Force. Some have said that they haven't sold as well. I'm not sure that's completely true. There are a lot still hanging on the pegs, but I think they just put out more. We didn't get into Skylanders until Giants, so I completely missed out on any SSA Legendaries. Giants Legendaries were even hard to get. We only got Legendary Chill and Legendary Bouncer as we happened to catch them when they came out. Granted, around the holidays, they suddenly got quite a few cases of some of the Legendaries, but during the prime life of Giants, they weren't that easy to find. For Swap Force, however, I keep seeing tons of them at a time. I've seen them get dwindled down a bit only to be replaced with a lot more. Plus they brought them all out in the beginning instead of spreading them out like they did with Giants. I think they just produced a lot more of them this time around, making them easy to get for the average person who wanted them, but also less attractive to collectors, thus making the Legendary line less attractive. If they release a set of Legendary figures that you can only get with the starter set or make them more limited outside the starter set, it may give more attractiveness to the Legendaries.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#30 Posted: 04:13:00 29/04/2014
Quote: JadePolar
Searched online for Skylanders Trap Team Legendary bundle, and found this link with this in the article, 5th paragraph that is quoted:

...including our fully exclusive Legendary series of figures that will introduce Skylanders Trap Team to our enthusiastic customers this October.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2014...endo-platforms/

that doesn't mean it's a legendary starter pack only they are specifying that TRU gets exclusive legendaries every game, some people are really grasping at straws. Until I see an actual picture stop getting hopes up for a legendary starter please
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#31 Posted: 05:26:01 29/04/2014
As most of you know, I work at a Toys R Us. I too can confirm that this is true. We don't know what will be exclusive about this but there will definitely be something. I'm guessing an exclusive Legendary Starter Pack like the Dark Edition for Swap Force at GameStop or the pre-order bonus is an exclusive Legendary figure. I'll keep you all posted.
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#32 Posted: 05:26:05 29/04/2014
I will say it's odd that on the pre-order receipt it says "Sky Trap Legendary $74.99"
JadePolar Blue Sparx Gems: 981
#33 Posted: 11:30:11 29/04/2014
I was not trying to get people's hopes up for nothing. I did not specifically say that there was or was not a Legendary Starter pack, as others have clearly stated they believe to be true. I simply posted information that I had found. The article states that..."our fully exclusive Legendary series of figures that will introduce Skylanders Trap Team to our enthusiastic customers this October.” With the word "introduce" I would say that they were doing something at the launch/release of the game in October that has something to do specifically with Legendary figures. Agreeing with PurpleSnurple, and others that have pre-ordered the game, with their receipt specifically stating "Sky Trap Legenda Pre-order." they are definitely doing something at the release of the game that has to do with their Legendary exclusive figures. I never stated what exactly that was as I do not know. Thank you Trexroarr for the confirmation on this.
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#34 Posted: 14:14:52 29/04/2014
What's more odd is that it is the same price as the normal version. That being the case it likely would not contain more figures than the normal starter or maybe just one figure like trex was saying, they give you one of the legendaries for pre-ordering through them.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#35 Posted: 17:41:24 29/04/2014
Quote: Trexroarr
As most of you know, I work at a Toys R Us. I too can confirm that this is true. We don't know what will be exclusive about this but there will definitely be something. I'm guessing an exclusive Legendary Starter Pack like the Dark Edition for Swap Force at GameStop or the pre-order bonus is an exclusive Legendary figure. I'll keep you all posted.

Does TRU have multiple versions for pre-order in their system? If yes, then there probably is something unique about it. If it's the only listing, then I'm still considering it could be an error. It's a safe bet that TRU will carry the standard version, even if they also offer a 2nd version.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#36 Posted: 19:11:27 29/04/2014
Quote: AzureStarline

Does TRU have multiple versions for pre-order in their system? If yes, then there probably is something unique about it. If it's the only listing, then I'm still considering it could be an error. It's a safe bet that TRU will carry the standard version, even if they also offer a 2nd version.

I'm starting to wonder this too.
Perhaps when you pick up the game, you get a free Legendary Skylander? Maybe a new one? I'm pretty sure with Swap Force if you got it at TRU they gave you LC Hex and also a single character...certainly wouldn't bust their chops to hand out a SF era Legendary if they have a lot of them left (which I'm assuming is highly likely)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#37 Posted: 20:00:44 29/04/2014
They definitely do, especially Free Ranger.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#38 Posted: 03:11:28 30/04/2014
Going to call my TRU to see if they know anything about this
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#39 Posted: 16:38:43 30/04/2014
From my eReceipt (numbers redacted because I'm not sure which were unique to my preorder)
[User Posted Image]
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#40 Posted: 18:11:20 30/04/2014
I'll probably buy one version of the game for ps3, and one for ps4. Thats what I did with swap force. So if 2 different exclusives come out then it wont be that bad. But Im hoping only eb games gets the exclusive cause i work there and thats where i'll get my pre order.
#41 Posted: 18:26:19 13/05/2014
Saw this on skylander boy & girl. Is it just photoshopped for speculation?

[User Posted Image]
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#42 Posted: 18:31:16 13/05/2014
They're known for photoshopping pictures to speculate what a future release might look like. So yes, it is.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#43 Posted: 18:40:20 13/05/2014
Quote: wgeorge111
Saw this on skylander boy & girl. Is it just photoshopped for speculation?

[User Posted Image]

Link please!
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#44 Posted: 18:49:33 13/05/2014
Quote: ninja9351
Link please!

Here is video.

alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#45 Posted: 18:56:38 13/05/2014
the character cards are still their regular versions, this is photoshopped
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#46 Posted: 19:12:13 13/05/2014
It's photoshop to add a nice visual for those that can't imagine. smilie
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#47 Posted: 19:23:44 13/05/2014
I can DEFINITELY see a legendary snap shot. Food fight, not so much...
Cooltonium Blue Sparx Gems: 605
#48 Posted: 19:27:14 13/05/2014
if there was like a legendary Wallop that would be awesome cause his crystal hammers would be like shiny dark blue
---
buy dangerous woman on itunes
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#49 Posted: 19:54:52 13/05/2014
Yeah, Food Fight doesn't look that great as legendary. Even if you reverse the colors. The receipts are funny though because we doubt Toys R Us would sign consumers up for a different starter pack than what they were reserving. We could see a system mess up and a future announcement for a Legendary One though, but then why wait to announce, to make an extra $1 for people that jump ship and switch to Legendary unless someone goes to customer service to try and get a dollar back. smilie
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
Jackalope Green Sparx Gems: 262
#50 Posted: 21:56:25 13/05/2014
Ugh. Legendary Food Fight would look terrible. Snap Shot wouldn't look much better, judging by that mock up. I guess I've never really liked any of the legendaries except for Bouncer, but he already had gold as a color in his normal version. I also hated the dark versions of the characters because I felt like the quirkiness of the characters was gone. Anyway, will be getting the regular edition like usual.
---
Trap Team Collection: smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me