Page 1 of 1
Worries about villains being OP
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 23:01:21 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
think about it.

in the past games, these villains were powerhouses. drill x was HUGE, chompy mage could send out those spinning red things that did 50 damage each, and the kaos' evil skylanders were impossible to beat.

i know TFB isn't gonna make these guys do that much damage, but won't it be a worry?
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#2 Posted: 23:02:44 24/04/2014
Looking at the gameplay, I must confess my first thoughts were 'Woah, this looks awesome, but... OP much?'. So yeah, I'm a little worried about that. Maybe certain areas you won't be able to use your villains or the bosses will be so darn hard you'll find yourself needing the villains to progress further?
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
RandomUser39 Green Sparx Gems: 131
#3 Posted: 23:44:47 24/04/2014
Actually, it seemed opposite with me. :/ Chompy Mage can..summon two chompies that go down in one hit and takes time to execute. His second ability is to wallop (pun) them on the head kinda like Ignitor's fire sword slam thing. It also takes time. The last ability is his only good one in which he bounces around as a giant chompy. It actually looks awesome. smilie He just seems slow and not too powerful.

Chill Bill (epic name BTW), can freeze enemies, but not provide any really strong attacks. It just gives an opportunity to the actual Skylander to attack. Pretty good, but not OP.

The Troll Saw machine could be OP, but don't count on it. It's weaknesses are the fact that it is slow and clunky combined with no ranged attack. Amazing up close, but somebody like Drill Sergent or Flameslinger should take it down with ease.

Others could be more powerful, but the ones shown make it clear that they act as good support, but are not the main force nor OP. A wise decision in my book.
---
The most random and inconsequential user this forum has to offer.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 23:51:52 24/04/2014
It actually looks like they're some sort of lite Skylanders - chances are they're limited to three attacks and might not be able to have paths or upgrade to begin with. Some will definately be OP just like some Skylanders can with minimal upgrades, but it's probably something that'll show up more in story mode than PVP.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me