darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Trap Team Console Graphics Comparison
Page 1 of 1
Trap Team Console Graphics Comparison
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#1 Posted: 13:23:19 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I noticed that the screenshots on Amazon.com are actually slightly different depending on the platform, providing us with a nice and straightforward comparison of the game's graphics. It's most noticeable with the Wii version but you can also see the difference between previous and current gen. (Picture order is Wii, PS3, Xbox One)

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#2 Posted: 13:29:29 24/04/2014
So yeah, not buying a PS4 until Kingdom Hearts III is released.

....HURRY UP KH3. Honestly I'm not usually one for graphics, but wow. I really want the PS4 version now.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#3 Posted: 13:29:41 24/04/2014
Obviously there are some huge difference between the Wii and PS3/360 versions of the game but I'm actually surprised that there is still a difference (even if it is subtle) between the last-gen HD systems and current-gen systems. Kind of gives me more faith in Beenox's PS4/XBO port.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 13:37:18 24/04/2014
Quote: bionicle2809
Obviously there are some huge difference between the Wii and PS3/360 versions of the game but I'm actually surprised that there is still a difference (even if it is subtle) between the last-gen HD systems and current-gen systems. Kind of gives me more faith in Beenox's PS4/XBO port.

Frankly, the TfB TT PS3 graphics looks worse than VV's SF PS3 version. Did they base this game off the Wii platform again?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:40:19 24/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#5 Posted: 13:48:32 24/04/2014
Quick comparison using those images (if your browser doesn't support animated PNG files this will be a still image, mind):
[User Posted Image]
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#6 Posted: 13:48:59 24/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Frankly, the TfB TT PS3 graphics looks worse than VV's SF PS3 version. Did they base this game off the Wii platform again?

The difference in graphics is probably due to the difference in art style. TFB have returned to their old style which isn't as "shiny" as the VV style they used for SSF.
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#7 Posted: 13:52:48 24/04/2014
Quote: RadSpyro

....HURRY UP KH3. Honestly I'm not usually one for graphics, but wow. I really want the PS4 version now.

I agree with everything you just said. lol. I'm not usually a graphics person either, but even I have to admit, there is a noticeable difference there... And also... KH3!! smilie
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
#8 Posted: 14:09:51 24/04/2014

The difference in graphics is probably due to the difference in art style. TFB have returned to their old style which isn't as "shiny" as the VV style they used for SSF.

Nothing to do with art style. It's pixelated.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#9 Posted: 14:19:39 24/04/2014
Artstyle is the same. PS3 Versions looks worse as Swap Force. oO xDD

Want to see the Wii U Version :3
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#10 Posted: 14:30:37 24/04/2014
So it looks to be just like last time, where the Wii graphics are somewhat downgraded compared to the other consoles. Still looks decent though. When it comes to graphics though, Beenox actually did a great job with the next-gen consoles, because the Xbox One shots look beautiful. You can actually notice some added textures, such as on the Chompy Mage's puppet.
---
Purple dragon.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#11 Posted: 15:14:38 24/04/2014
Can we talk about how the Wii version looks like garbage? Like...holy crap batman.

I think it's probably safe to assume the Wii U version will look really close to the One. However, the images seem to be the exact same ones the PS3 version uses so I dunno. (If you note, all the "last Gen" versions of the compound thing have flags on the left hand side. The Xbone's images doesn't....hmm.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#12 Posted: 15:19:00 24/04/2014
The Wii version's graphics looks the same as Swap force on the wii... i hope they don't screw up the sound quality this time
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#13 Posted: 16:23:26 24/04/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487
Can we talk about how the Wii version looks like garbage? Like...holy crap batman.

I think it's probably safe to assume the Wii U version will look really close to the One. However, the images seem to be the exact same ones the PS3 version uses so I dunno. (If you note, all the "last Gen" versions of the compound thing have flags on the left hand side. The Xbone's images doesn't....hmm.

Looks pretty good to me, considering it's the Wii. Of course it's going to look inferior by comparison. You're expecting 2014 performance and visuals from a system that was already outdated when it was released in 2006.
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#14 Posted: 16:31:14 24/04/2014
Quote: XSparxX

I think the Xbox One screenshots are similar to the Wii U version.
Xerxxees Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#15 Posted: 18:17:53 25/04/2014
Quote: TheShadowDragon

Maybe, but having Swap Force on Wii U and Xbox One there is a very big difference in graphics.
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#16 Posted: 19:05:36 25/04/2014
Thank you very very much dark52 vor sharing this. I'v assumed they prefer showing only the PS4 version like last year so I am really surprised now. When I watched the presentation in munich it looked like the art style is slightly more like the first two games but i could be mistakes due to the large screen (I was sitting right in front of it) and the early status of the game. Jeff seemed surprised about my question about it and didn't really know what I ment smilie .
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
#17 Posted: 19:19:09 25/04/2014
Quote: myskylanders
Thank you very very much dark52 vor sharing this. I'v assumed they prefer showing only the PS4 version like last year so I am really surprised now. When I watched the presentation in munich it looked like the art style is slightly more like the first two games but i could be mistakes due to the large screen (I was sitting right in front of it) and the early status of the game. Jeff seemed surprised about my question about it and didn't really know what I ment smilie .

What question did you ask Jeff?
---
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#18 Posted: 19:46:41 25/04/2014
I asked him if the art style is intended to be more like the first two games they made because it looked a bit like it.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
#19 Posted: 19:57:07 25/04/2014
I asked him if the art style is intended to be more like the first two games they made because it looked a bit like it.

I expect that TfB's vision of Skylands will be reflected here--the chompies are back to what they were, etc. What I'm personally a little baffled by is that the movement of some enemies are not fluid, and some of the grainy /unfinished textures I'm seeing on PS3 (after being spoiled by VV) is a bit jarring frankly. The chompies literally look like the same animation sequence that the first two games had (in other words, no improvement/modifications).

Did anyone see just how out of synch Flynn's characters were to words when Tessa was explaining about those nuts? I thought VV was bad, but that was on a whole other level.

I'm hoping this is still being tweaked, but I have a feeling this is it.

Bottom line is that art styles can differ...I'm good with that. But after the par excellence the Xbox and PS3 received with Swap Force...I'm starting to wonder if this will feel like a downgrade graphically. Technically I'm talking to textures, details and animation.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 20:06:23 25/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#20 Posted: 20:19:31 25/04/2014

I expect that TfB's vision of Skylands will be reflected here--the chompies are back to what they were, etc. What I'm personally a little baffled by is that the movement of some enemies are not fluid, and some of the grainy /unfinished textures I'm seeing on PS3 (after being spoiled by VV) is a bit jarring frankly. The chompies literally look like the same animation sequence that the first two games had (in other words, no improvement/modifications).

Did anyone see just how out of synch Flynn's characters were to words when Tessa was explaining about those nuts? I thought VV was bad, but that was on a whole other level.

I'm hoping this is still being tweaked, but I have a feeling this is it.

Bottom line is that art styles can differ...I'm good with that. But after the par excellence the Xbox and PS3 received with Swap Force...I'm starting to wonder if this will feel like a downgrade graphically. Technically I'm talking to textures, details and animation.

To me they look better than SF. SF looks fantastic but some characters look "plasticy" because they reflected light off to much (If that makes sense). In TT, they look much less toy like and instead look more organic.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#21 Posted: 02:06:10 26/04/2014
Some truth in that, but personality wise VV amped it up. smilie
---
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#22 Posted: 09:05:40 26/04/2014
wheres the ps4 startee pack on amazon.com its suppose to ahve the best graphics out of all the consoles thats why they used it at the reveal
---
"Taking Charge"
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#23 Posted: 01:10:51 27/04/2014
Looks like its going to be the xbo version for me. The chompy mage puppet looks like its made of cloth in that pick. Way better than th ps3 version
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#24 Posted: 03:26:15 27/04/2014
It almost looks better in the PS3 version than the XBox 1 versions in some picks, but in the Kaos VS Chompy Mage pic it's obviously better in the XBox 1 version. Still, the XBox 1 screenshots seem to lack a few nuances the other versions have, like the flag in the big building shot and the spikes on Chompy Mage's staff, a few small details present in the Wii and PS3 shots but not the Xbox 1 shots.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#25 Posted: 03:42:52 27/04/2014
Wii version... It hurts but better than swap force I think.
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#26 Posted: 12:13:21 27/04/2014
Ok, so Swap Force and Giants are both cheap on WiiU at the moment, I have the 360 versions.

Can somebody compare 360/WiiU for those two ? Would like to know if it's worth picking them up cheap.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#27 Posted: 13:31:18 27/04/2014
Im going to wait and see what the final product is, thou seeing as I will prob end up with 3 copies of this game as my son, wife and I collect it wont matter in the end.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#28 Posted: 17:43:53 27/04/2014
Quote: Xerxxees

Maybe, but having Swap Force on Wii U and Xbox One there is a very big difference in graphics.

Are you implying that P24 and Xbox One have much better graphics than the Wii U? I thought they were all the same in quality.
#29 Posted: 17:58:43 27/04/2014

Are you implying that P24 and Xbox One have much better graphics than the Wii U? I thought they were all the same in quality.

The Wii U is on par (maybe just a bit more powerful) than the PS3 and X360. The PS4 and XBO are far more powerful than the Wii U
scratchking22 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#30 Posted: 18:02:20 27/04/2014

The Wii U is on par (maybe just a bit more powerful) than the PS3 and X360. The PS4 and XBO are far more powerful than the Wii U

I wouldn't put it at par, and I wouldn't say far. XBONE and PS4 aren't that much better graphically than the Wii U, definately not very noticable to the statistically unaided eye.
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
GoldenCamo Green Sparx Gems: 146
#31 Posted: 18:34:54 27/04/2014
I hope the Wii U version has good graphics.
---
https://www.youtube.com/channe...LwpvF3KB_FrPY8g <----- My Youtube!!!
SSA: 31/32 ; SG: 15/16 ; SSF: 21/32 ; STT: 0/X ; Total: 67/80+
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#32 Posted: 18:35:18 27/04/2014
Wii does not look as much screwed up as SSF...
GoldenCamo Green Sparx Gems: 146
#33 Posted: 18:37:27 27/04/2014
Quote: NINJAsk11
Wii does not look as much screwed up as SSF...

It reminds me a lot of the Nintendo 3DS graphics from past installments, which isn't a bad thing until you blow it up onto a television screen.
---
https://www.youtube.com/channe...LwpvF3KB_FrPY8g <----- My Youtube!!!
SSA: 31/32 ; SG: 15/16 ; SSF: 21/32 ; STT: 0/X ; Total: 67/80+
SkylandersGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1434
#34 Posted: 20:06:07 28/04/2014
those are Some amazing graphics
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:40:30 04/07/2014 by SkylandersGamer
Xerxxees Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#35 Posted: 21:28:47 28/04/2014
Comparing any of the consoles for graphics is relative. My son (6) looked at Xb1 and the Wii U and didn't notice anything different. I, with old and battered eyes, noticed a big difference. As big as Wii --> XB1, definitely not, that's a massive difference. But the XB1 is definitely better. Worth shelling out $500 for? Not just for 1 game.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#36 Posted: 22:42:43 28/04/2014
Quote: nocturnalnathan
Quote: RadSpyro

I agree with everything you just said. lol. I'm not usually a graphics person either, but even I have to admit, there is a noticeable difference there... And also... KH3!! ^_^

Almost certainly not getting a PS4, but KH3 tempts me!

Anyway, back on topic, after seeing Kirby's Epic Yarn for Wii had some really sweet graphics, but few other games on it really have. Though Wii was my first console so I'm somewhat devoted to it lol. After buying a PS3 playing a Wii game tends to make me flinch a little :P Anyway, while I know they said it with SF as well, it seems quite likely to me that this is the last Wii Skylanders game.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#37 Posted: 12:45:50 29/04/2014

Thanks for the assist on this dark52
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#38 Posted: 16:14:24 29/04/2014
"Perhaps the most interesting thing here is whether the Wii U should be grouped with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 visuals — as the screenshots suggest — or whether it should be grouped with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One editions, as it shares the same developer. It's highly likely that the Nintendo version will lie somewhere between the current and next-gen versions shown here."

http://www.nintendolife.com/ne...n_wii_and_wii_u
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#39 Posted: 16:50:43 29/04/2014
Quote: wgeorge111
"Perhaps the most interesting thing here is whether the Wii U should be grouped with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 visuals — as the screenshots suggest — or whether it should be grouped with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One editions, as it shares the same developer. It's highly likely that the Nintendo version will lie somewhere between the current and next-gen versions shown here."

http://www.nintendolife.com/ne...n_wii_and_wii_u

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens with the Wii U. I initially thought we'd get a version identical to 360/PS3, just like Swap Force. However, I've done a bit more research since recording the video and recent information suggests that in the hands of a developer who wanted to try and push the system, it could go beyond 360/PS3. If Beenox are handling Wii U, PS4 and XB1, that might suggest the textures on Wii U could be closer to the higher end systems, but Toys For Bob and Beenox will be sharing graphical assets, so it's a tough call at this point.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#40 Posted: 18:19:31 29/04/2014
While I'll admit the PS4/Xbone versions look much more detailed, I'm still satisfied with the graphics of the PS3/360 version.
The Wii version's graphics are pretty dated looking, though, so I'm gonna pass on that one.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#41 Posted: 20:16:09 29/04/2014
Maybe you can trade in you Wii for a 360 if you want better graphics. Not sure why people think the older system is going to have a prayer of looking as good
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me