Page 1 of 1
Your Buying Strategy
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#1 Posted: 11:45:00 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
So with Trap Team looming over us. What will be your buying plans this time around?

Buy everything as soon as it becomes available?
Buy those you like when you can?
Buy a figure every now and then?
Wait until the sales roll around?
....Don't bother with it at all?

I'll probably be doing the same thing I did with Swap Force - Buy the characters I like as soon as they're released, and leave the others to the sales. Unfortunately so far there's not a single character I'm uninterested in right now, but eh.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#2 Posted: 11:49:13 24/04/2014
Same as you, it would appear. With SSA and SG I bought everything as soon as it was out. After feeling that Lightcore and reposes are a waste of money (and that they never released S2 Drobot over here) I only went for all the new characters and the reposes I like for SSF. I only bought characters straight away if I really wanted them.

For STT I'll be doing the same I did for SSF. I will only buy the new characters, the traps, and then any reposes I like (cmon Voodood).
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#3 Posted: 12:01:56 24/04/2014
I will get the all the new TT characters. My kids wouldn't allow anything less. I don't buy lightcores or reposes. If my kids want them, they spend their money. Also, I will buy variants that are different in the game. I try to do sales where I can, but if a new figure comes out, I will pick it up. Always retail, NEVER ebay/scalper prices. I'm patient enough to wait for the figure to re-appear if I miss the first initial release.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#4 Posted: 12:05:49 24/04/2014
Trap Masters and new Corelanders. I think reposes and lightcores are going to be passes this time around with very few exceptions. I'll consider series 2 on characters, but I'm less likely to consider series 3/4s
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:06:13 24/04/2014 by GothamLord
SennyBonku Blue Sparx Gems: 673
#5 Posted: 12:08:09 24/04/2014
I will just go with Trap Team and new corelanders. Not sure tough if I will want all of them. The dinosaur looks nice but some of the new landers seems just like the old characters and that's put me off a bit. i still haven't collected all available swap force figurines so I wont follow the hype right away from the start too. I've noticed that a couple of months after release, most of figures gets cheaper and it's easier to grab them quite easily. Of course, there will be some exeptions, but since Im done with variants since Swap Force (Activision was way too aggresive with releasing tons of them from the start) I have to worry only for regular ones.

I'm deffinitelly gonna pass with another Gill Grunt, Eruptor, etc. I can consider getting them only if Heroic Challenges would return.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#6 Posted: 12:13:14 24/04/2014
They grabbed my attention for this game, so it looks like I am back. But, before I announce any plans, is there going to be adventure and battle packs?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
talon4000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#7 Posted: 12:17:05 24/04/2014
I'll pick up just the characters that I really want (generally around 11 per game), unless I somehow get a really well paying job
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#8 Posted: 12:22:20 24/04/2014
This time around I'm going to be a lot more restricted. Assuming you can access the Traptanium Zones with any Trap Master, I'm going to get the game, one Trap of each element and any unique Traps. I'm going to guess Traps will be around £5, so it's a much cheaper alternative to a singular character.
Kitah-san Green Sparx Gems: 192
#9 Posted: 12:53:05 24/04/2014
I shall do the following:
Buy base and favourite charaters that come out on launch day. Continue catching up with Swap Force characters as this is going on.
Buy every single one of those crystal traps - maybe even buy a whole box at the store if they're in blind bags and sell the extras. (If they're blind bags I'm sure Kaos will be the super-rare).
Continue slowly buying them throughout the year as sales and that appear until Skylanders 5: Wallet Drainer comes out.
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#10 Posted: 13:08:29 24/04/2014
I plan on buying the game(it will automatically come out with the new portal, like SF did, since it's a necessity at this point with the crystals), and over time trying to buy the characters as they come out, but we don't just run off and buy buy buy when we have money, we make our kids do chores and save up for the ones they want, unless its one me or my husband want rly bad as well, so we'll buy them ourselves. Then I plan on buying ALL the crystals... just one for each element to start, and then more later as time goes on.

We own every giants character(except reposes, we don't buy those unless we rly like them or didn't get to buy them the first time), and we're only missing Bash, Ghost Roaster(and his adventure pack items), and Warnado from SA, but we can get LC warnado at the store at any time so i'm not worried, as far as bash and GR go, it looks like were going to have to ebay them(augh...). We only have like HALF of the Swap Force characters..... We have all the battle packs and adventure packs from it though, and all the other games(except darklightcrypt pack stuff).

Only thing we're missing is Volcanic Vault and the first series of sidekicks.

We don't have alot of recolors(legendary,dark,etc), except two legendaries and one dark, and a spring time trigger happy, but i don't rly mind, it's not rly necessary at this time, so at this point in TT we won't buy any of those.

As far as reposes(S2,3,4,etc) go, we're only planning on buying Trigger Happy if they release him in s4(they most likely will), since thats our oldest sons absolute favorite skylander.

But that's rly my strategy... get what we can, when we can, and save up alot for christmas, and get good deals on pre-blackfriday like we did this last year. =)

Needless to say i'm super excited for this game!!!
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#11 Posted: 13:19:58 24/04/2014
My plan

1. Buy every Trap Master when their wave comes out (And obtain them all eventually)
2. Get 1 of every trap (someone told me they are 5$ each? hmm?)
3. Get new core characters (and reposes I like or have characters I am missing like Boomer)
4. Watch for special editions and exclusives
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:10:22 24/04/2014 by Windumup
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#12 Posted: 13:44:01 24/04/2014
On the fence. Other than the trap gimmick, I know nothing of the game itself but it has a "more of the same" feeling. if more of the same I may buy all of this in the secondary market.

The worlds are bleeding together, with no artistic differences so far as I've seen. Need more data.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#13 Posted: 13:49:52 24/04/2014
My plan will be the same as it has been for every other game in the past...

BUY EVERYTHING!!! smilie
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#14 Posted: 14:00:02 24/04/2014
Impossible to say until all details are known about how they're being sold (ie traps). Tried to go the "Only buy some of them" route with Swap Force and still ended up buying all of the unique ones.
---
Here we go again...!
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#15 Posted: 14:15:44 24/04/2014
Swap force got me really interressed. But I got zelda collector edition. Skylanders may be a good game but compared to zelda this is small poop. So hum trap team gimmick isn't that intriguing(I already have crash of the titans and mind over mutant) so I let it pass
---
THE END IS NEAR
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#16 Posted: 14:30:59 24/04/2014
Only cores and trap masters
#17 Posted: 14:34:19 24/04/2014
One thing I hope for in the buying department this go-round is that triple packs don't include re-poses. If Triple Packs actually had 3 new unique characters, I would buy them up. With Swap force, I just bought all the new ones individually but wouldn't even consider triple packs because they had characters I already had. I know...I know...It's probably all part of their master plan to do it this way...and they make more money doing so, but a man can hope. Ha ha.
---
Here we go again...!
#18 Posted: 14:37:27 24/04/2014
Triple Packs needs to take a hike. Or they need to reduce reposes from 2 to 1. Or include some Crystals. Some interesting marketing choices could be made. We'll see.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#19 Posted: 14:40:01 24/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Triple Packs needs to take a hike. Or they need to reduce reposes from 2 to 1. Or include some Crystals. Some interesting marketing choices could be made. We'll see.

Triple pack with 2 new characters and a trap or some variation like that is better than anything with a repose...Whatever it is, just make it new unique product, not repose/remake of old product.
---
Here we go again...!
#20 Posted: 14:55:01 24/04/2014
I agree. We had 3 ways to buy Terrafin in Swap Force. No repeat of that, marketing brainiacs.
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#21 Posted: 14:55:18 24/04/2014
As of now, I'm on the fence as to what I want.
First of all, I'll probably try to get the Trap Masters. Depending on how they're packaged and if they come with the crystals or not (I know they said they'd sell them separately, but the way they worded it to me sounds like being packaged with them is still a possibility)

Next up is the new core guys. 18 isn't too bad, especially if there's new elements or something cool.

Lastly is the "others". This includes any cool LightCores (if they're returning) or any cool reposes (probably only gonna try to grab older guys and Spyro)

With Swap Force, I started ranking them; do I really need this one right now? Can I wait till later? So far, its saved me quite a bit of money by waiting and then filling in the blanks during sales. Especially right now. I think I've managed to save over $200 so far just waiting for sales. These figures aren't going anywhere and unless a figure is a special edition, there's no need to get it right away. (unless its a store exclusive or whatever, and even then most stores seem to have them in pretty good stock for a little while)

I have a feeling though for Trap Team, things might be sold out/stock will be smaller. We didn't have a drought for this game, and I think that overall could have driven away interest, especially for stores. On our side, its great because we don't have to look for figures, but on the store's side, they didn't experience the hype and constant guarantee that people would snap up any figure they got in (which happened with SSA and Giants)

I hope triple packs return, but they don't stick TWO reposes in there with one new guy. Give me 2 new, one old, or stick one old, one new, and a trap in there or something.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#22 Posted: 14:56:41 24/04/2014
Save the $30.00 I have now, Summer job at Game Stop, and save up.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#23 Posted: 15:09:31 24/04/2014
Plan? Plan? There's no steenkin' plan! One of everything!

(Insert gif of Death Star shooting wallet here)

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#24 Posted: 15:15:27 24/04/2014
Gonna wait and see. Already figuring that a very pretty penny will end up going out the door when I do finally pick these up, and I'm probably going to be stuck with sales fodder I don't need and may play heck selling (looking at you, S3 Terrafin). In the best case scenario if more figures come up that I like, I'll go after one of each new fig, and S2 Undeads to try their other upgrade paths.

...In the worst, I'll go after only the undeads and anything else I need to access everything in the game.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#25 Posted: 15:31:10 24/04/2014
Will definitely get:
All 16 Trap Masters.
All 18 Cores.
8 Traps of each element.
Want to get but may take a while depending on price
Series 2
Series 3
Series 4
Lightcore?
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#26 Posted: 15:32:34 24/04/2014
Only buy the ones I like. Thats if i even get this game because I'm loosing interest.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#27 Posted: 15:40:20 24/04/2014
We'll probably just buy the ones that look cool like we did for Swap Force, my kids completely stopped playing the game in December since the game offered little new content past that (sans the Sneak Zones and Sheep Wreck Island).
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#28 Posted: 15:45:53 24/04/2014
Trapmasters, new corelanders and probly all the crystals.

reposes, variant, and lightcore are a pass for me.
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#29 Posted: 16:09:40 24/04/2014
Preorder Xbone starter for when I hopefully get an Xbone at Xmas
Buy any exclusive/hard to find figures
Enough traps to trap every kind of villain
---
Eggs
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#30 Posted: 17:15:04 24/04/2014
I'll be using the same buying strategy that I've used with the other games; just buy the new characters that I like. Any new dragon characters are always a top priority. I don't usually bother buying reposes and lightcores. I'm not sure if I'll buy the game straight away. I may wait until I can get it cheaper. I'll also see how much the crystal traps are before I decide whether I'll buy any.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#31 Posted: 18:16:06 24/04/2014
Not sure if I'm getting STT or not, but if I do, unless there's a stunning collector's edition or pre-order bonus, I'll likely wait. Then again, it's release will be close to a certain family member's birthday so I might be able to get my hands on it.
I'll wait till more info on characters is revealed before picking my favorites, but I want Chopper and whatever trap is necessary for that Troll Chainsaw Tank. I'm a sucker for triple/double packs, so I'll probably get characters through those.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#32 Posted: 18:59:42 24/04/2014
Alot of it is going to have to wait until I see all of the characters, all of the traps, how the traps are distributed, and how much is needed for completion.

For sure:
-I will wait until around this time next year to buy the starter on a high discount. Going for PS3 or PS4 instead of Wii this time as I plan to get one or both of those systems.
-I will get only the characters I like. This will likely include
--Every Undead character
--Lightcores only of my favorites
--Reposes only of my favorites
-All Battle and/or Adventure packs
-As of now, I only intend to get traps with top designs I like in colors I like for them. Likely only a few.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#33 Posted: 19:14:22 24/04/2014
Just like with the other games I'm going to buy everything as soon as it gets released.
---
i am trash
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#34 Posted: 20:31:40 24/04/2014
Well with swap force i bought two of everything 1 to open, 1 to keep sealed. I had bought triple packs but ended up returning those (minus adventure and battle) as i decided having a single and the figure again in a triple was overdoing it. I am slowly getting rid of the triples of giants.

With trap I will prob collect 2 of everything but skip on doubles of the triples unless they contain traps etc. I will buy them as they come out but hold receipts and wait for sales. This time however I will prob wait on the 3ds copy for a good sale as I still have yet to play any of the 3ds games.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#35 Posted: 21:56:42 24/04/2014
Adventure Packs
Chopper
Dolphin guy
Starter Pack 360
One trap per element
Maybe a couple other characters
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#36 Posted: 22:05:10 24/04/2014
I left being a completest behind about half way through Giants. We're just going to get what appeals to us and what we feel is necessary for full game access.

Once things start to go on clearance we'll revisit buying those B team figures, but not before.
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#37 Posted: 00:09:04 25/04/2014
Quote: RadSpyro
So with Trap Team looming over us. What will be your buying plans this time around?

Buy everything as soon as it becomes available?
Buy those you like when you can?
Buy a figure every now and then?
Wait until the sales roll around?
....Don't bother with it at all?

I'll probably be doing the same thing I did with Swap Force - Buy the characters I like as soon as they're released, and leave the others to the sales. Unfortunately so far there's not a single character I'm uninterested in right now, but eh.

I do the same strategy as you but i usually end up with all the new characters and a few reposes and all the characters are interesting to me ass well
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me