darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Is Spyro going to be in "Trap Team?"
Page 1 of 1
Is Spyro going to be in "Trap Team?" [CLOSED]
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#1 Posted: 00:49:47 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
As a newer version of the character, like in "Swap Force" he is "Mega Ram?"
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 00:51:49 24/04/2014
most likely
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#3 Posted: 00:52:43 24/04/2014
Yes, considering he is part of the "Always reposed bunch"
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#4 Posted: 00:52:47 24/04/2014
What do you mean? There will likely be a S4 Spyro. Since there is S4 Gill Grunt, and you can't have Gill with out Spyro. They're best friends. Or are you asking if Mega Ram Spyro wil still have his Wow-Pow? Because he will. I can guarantee it.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#5 Posted: 00:53:51 24/04/2014
99% chance.
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#6 Posted: 01:16:35 24/04/2014
Sine the first game literally had his name in the title, they sorta have to keep Spyro in his own game. After all, Skylands is sorta the Spyro universe.

And I believe many people (including me) would have a fit if he weren't included.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#7 Posted: 01:19:35 24/04/2014
I think it's odd that we haven't heard of him yet, but I don't think we heard about S3 Spyro until later on.
Since Gilly is gonna be reposed, I'd imagine that Spyro is gonna be too.

If not, maybe it could spell ideas for a new standalone Spyro game lol.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#8 Posted: 02:11:50 24/04/2014
There's an extremely high chance of Spyro, Trigger Happy, Gill Grunt, Stealth Elf, Chop Chop, Cynder, Terrafin, & Whirlwind all getting reposed. Prism Break seems likely as well.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#9 Posted: 02:26:57 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I did see this dragon skeleton in the promo video, is this Spyro?

[User Posted Image]
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#10 Posted: 02:31:16 24/04/2014
^ That's a dog, and Spyro is a purple dragon...
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#11 Posted: 02:44:08 24/04/2014
Quote: somePerson
99% chance.

100% chance.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#12 Posted: 03:12:45 24/04/2014
Quote: HotDogAndZap
^ That's a dog, and Spyro is a purple dragon...

That's Funny Bone, btw.

Quote: Seiki
There's an extremely high chance of Spyro, Trigger Happy, Gill Grunt, Stealth Elf, Chop Chop, Cynder, Terrafin, & Whirlwind all getting reposed. Prism Break seems likely as well.

Book it, Dano.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:13:29 24/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#13 Posted: 03:18:18 24/04/2014
Quote: Archae
I did see this dragon skeleton in the promo video, is this Spyro?

[User Posted Image]

That is Funny Bone the newest undead core
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#14 Posted: 04:49:31 24/04/2014
this is something i'd like to see speculated on more because it's possible they don't and we'll be able to see exactly where acti sees spyro now they have the billions they want do they really need him in another installment? it's very possible this time around that him and cynder don't get reposes for a 3rd time. there's certain characters they'll always repose but then there's more that won't even bother with again.

i wouldn't mind seeing him but at the same time he helped get the franchise off the ground and he's not as influencial on skylanders anymore and it's one way to make publicity if they announce he's not in it
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
SennyBonku Blue Sparx Gems: 673
#15 Posted: 09:49:20 24/04/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro

Pretty much. If not then Skylanders would branch off from being a Spyro reboot into its own franchise...

They already did this. They've milked Spyro franchise and then just made him some side character. Not even important enough to stick him into the game trailers.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#16 Posted: 09:54:38 24/04/2014
You can still play as his series 1, 2, and 3 figures you know. So he is in Trap Team.
#17 Posted: 14:23:43 24/04/2014
Quote: SennyBonku

Pretty much. If not then Skylanders would branch off from being a Spyro reboot into its own franchise...

They already did this. They've milked Spyro franchise and then just made him some side character. Not even important enough to stick him into the game trailers.

Did you see poor Eruptor in the video? He simply looked down and didn't say a word. The original landers are outcasts. smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#18 Posted: 14:30:02 24/04/2014
We have Series 4 Gill Grunt, so why not Spyro?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#19 Posted: 14:31:30 24/04/2014
Quote: Matteomax
We have Series 4 Gill Grunt, so why not Spyro?

Which one? I have 5 or 6 now. Without a repose, Spyro is still in the game. Just say no to reposes. Force them to rethink this lazy strategy.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#20 Posted: 15:41:03 24/04/2014
They should still repose Spyro just to pay homage to the fact that he was the original idea/character in this franchise and has a story compared to these other Skylanders that will just be forgotten eventually. (You know it will happen!)
SennyBonku Blue Sparx Gems: 673
#21 Posted: 16:11:26 24/04/2014
They will probably repose Spyro, but even tough, this won't really bring any change. He's just one of the many Skylanders right now. Some doesn't even recon him and if it wasn't about Spyro Adventures, he wouldnt even matter at this point. They've already made Pop Fizz the main magic core lander and they cast him in every animated commercial, next to the Eruptor and Trigger Happy (two most annoying, playable characters imo).

From the leader of Skylanders, Spyro was reduced to reappearing minor character and that's a little disrespective for the Spyro brand - a franchise which helped Skylanders to reach the point they're currently standing. Not to mention, that they don't even bring any more references from the old spyro universe, even tough they could pull out some interesting enemies from there and they've made it clear, that Eon have brough Spyro to Skylands, to make him help battle the bad guys.

Still, not sure what is better - slowly erase his role in the franchise or give him cast in commercial as useless background character...
#22 Posted: 16:17:19 24/04/2014
Quote: yelvy
They should still repose Spyro just to pay homage to the fact that he was the original idea/character in this franchise and has a story compared to these other Skylanders that will just be forgotten eventually. (You know it will happen!)

They can do anything the billion dollar franchise wants to do. And so can I. smilie
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#23 Posted: 17:47:28 24/04/2014
Spyro is the main reason how Skylanders first began. His S3 version was kinda suckish, but his S2 form was awesome. Maybe his S4 version will be even cooler, stronger and better if he ever does return in Trap Team.
#24 Posted: 18:25:36 24/04/2014
Quote: TheShadowDragon
Spyro is the main reason how Skylanders first began. His S3 version was kinda suckish, but his S2 form was awesome. Maybe his S4 version will be even cooler, stronger and better if he ever does return in Trap Team.

Remains to be seen, but if history is our guide, then the answer is NO.
---
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#25 Posted: 22:29:09 24/04/2014
I'll be very surprised if he isn't, since we have Gill Grunt.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#26 Posted: 03:51:12 25/04/2014
I say there is only a 50% chance of a S4 Spyro...

... and a 50% chance of a lightcore Spyro.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#27 Posted: 23:41:19 26/04/2014
I'm sure he's back in, but he's not going to do anything in the game, story and gameplay wise, just another original Skylander to play as, maybe a new move for him.
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#28 Posted: 01:45:04 27/04/2014

Not completely though. He was still at least in the "new" lineup. It's not much but it's something. But if he doesn't even get another figure this time 'round then that's it for sure. It might as well be like that Crash game (don't remember which) where you could play Spyro as a secret bonus. Some racing game..but yeah.

You're thinking of CTR having a Spyro 2 demo cheat. Warped had Spyro 1 and Crash Bash had Spyro 3. The Spyro games likewise had their respective Crash game demos as cheats.

...That kinda had a different purpose.
---
Eh.
darkdroboto2 Green Sparx Gems: 117
#29 Posted: 01:56:58 27/04/2014
This probably isn't him but on the sky lander YouTube channel the official trailer it only appears for some reason at 4:03 it looks like a sidekick version of spyro(it probably isn't but just saying)
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#30 Posted: 01:58:25 27/04/2014
Quote: Burning Gnorc

Not completely though. He was still at least in the "new" lineup. It's not much but it's something. But if he doesn't even get another figure this time 'round then that's it for sure. It might as well be like that Crash game (don't remember which) where you could play Spyro as a secret bonus. Some racing game..but yeah.

You're thinking of CTR having a Spyro 2 demo cheat. Warped had Spyro 1 and Crash Bash had Spyro 3. The Spyro games likewise had their respective Crash game demos as cheats.

...That kinda had a different purpose.

Spyro was also an unlockable character in the GBA version of Crash Nitro Kart.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#31 Posted: 04:14:41 27/04/2014
I wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't get spyro. There are plenty of versions of him.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
GB700 Green Sparx Gems: 475
#32 Posted: 10:23:22 27/04/2014

This may seem harsh, but I hope he is not back. Don't get me wrong I respect the character and what it did to launch the series. I think any S4 is taking the Michael.
The only reason I got a S3 Spyro is cos he was in Dark starter pack, I have not even used him at all in the game except to put him on portal once to register in game.
---
SWAPS smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LC smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CORE smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#33 Posted: 12:12:49 27/04/2014
Quote: GB700

This may seem harsh, but I hope he is not back. Don't get me wrong I respect the character and what it did to launch the series. I think any S4 is taking the Michael.
The only reason I got a S3 Spyro is cos he was in Dark starter pack, I have not even used him at all in the game except to put him on portal once to register in game.

This! I use my series 2 spyro or my legendary when i play him. I really wish they would take a break on some figures but I understand they are "the face of skylanders", thou spyro has been on less items lately.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#34 Posted: 15:53:41 27/04/2014
Spyro is the spokesicon for the series as a whole. He's definitely getting a repose. Whether or not you think he should isn't important. He's at the forefront of the promotional media even if he isn't a main character in the game. In fact, I'd argue, he's the only one that still deserves to be reposed due to his status.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#35 Posted: 16:05:36 27/04/2014
Here's what I think. I think every game will have a new Gill Grunt, Spyro, and Trigger Happy. Call it a hunch, but I bet you will always see a repose of those 3 in each game.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#36 Posted: 16:30:57 27/04/2014
Yeah, I think Cynder is the one we need to worry about.
#37 Posted: 17:21:29 27/04/2014
Quote: GameMaster78
Here's what I think. I think every game will have a new Gill Grunt, Spyro, and Trigger Happy. Call it a hunch, but I bet you will always see a repose of those 3 in each game.

Yep. They may swing their other guys around a bit, but definitely those 3.
---
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#38 Posted: 04:20:15 29/04/2014
They will probably repose Spyro, but even tough, this won't really bring any change. He's just one of the many Skylanders right now. Some doesn't even recon him and if it wasn't about Spyro Adventures, he wouldnt even matter at this point. They've already made Pop Fizz the main magic core lander and they cast him in every animated commercial, next to the Eruptor and Trigger Happy (two most annoying, playable characters imo).

From the leader of Skylanders, Spyro was reduced to reappearing minor character and that's a little disrespective for the Spyro brand - a franchise which helped Skylanders to reach the point they're currently standing. Not to mention, that they don't even bring any more references from the old spyro universe, even tough they could pull out some interesting enemies from there and they've made it clear, that Eon have brough Spyro to Skylands, to make him help battle the bad guys.

Still, not sure what is better - slowly erase his role in the franchise or give him cast in commercial as useless background character...

but that was the point. I could have told you that back for giants when they made jet-vac the lead there in spyro's place and then pop fizz as you said. The point in all of this is will you consider or this community consider skylanders apart of dark spyro if he is NOT in the series beyond swap force? Spyro served his purpose to get people interested in a new brand. he did his job and is made to quietly disappear as to why he is not marketed as much. I still see spyro S2 figures sitting on pegs and no one is even touching the triple packs that have him in there.

If you want to debate it - Spyro's Adventure was just that - Spyro was the gimmick He's been out performed by many others since then.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:22:54 29/04/2014 by tigerdr
BlazeHeatnix28 Blue Sparx Gems: 911
#39 Posted: 11:47:23 29/04/2014
I do hope they repose some of the older characters from SSA, namely Sunburn, Dino-Rang, and Boomer. They need reposes now. As for Spyro, I don't care about his reposes since I don't really buy them.
---
Awesome Shadow The Hedgehog & Ahsoka Tano avatar by the equally awesome Ace Archdragon!!!!
"I can handle anything."-Ahsoka Tano (SW TCW Ssn.3 Ep.21)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me