First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
This sounds incredibly expensive
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#51 Posted: 03:03:54 29/04/2014
i think everyone is calling it here that they are going to cut back and if TFB is reading these forums they may change a few things in that. What they need to do is get S2s of the forgotten 8 that never got them if they want to do reposes for them but the bottom line is it is overkill on the consumer to do this four years in a row. unlike other franchises that offer a little buy in and is more managable you are getting very little gain with skylanders for the investment overall and i can't justify supporting them at the expensive prices they have been at
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
SkylandersGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1434
#52 Posted: 01:16:55 02/05/2014
We are all gonna be broke ;-;
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#53 Posted: 15:07:26 02/05/2014
Quote: tigerdr
i think everyone is calling it here that they are going to cut back and if TFB is reading these forums they may change a few things in that. What they need to do is get S2s of the forgotten 8 that never got them if they want to do reposes for them but the bottom line is it is overkill on the consumer to do this four years in a row. unlike other franchises that offer a little buy in and is more managable you are getting very little gain with skylanders for the investment overall and i can't justify supporting them at the expensive prices they have been at

I doubt they've read these forums, or else they would've done SOMETHING about SOME of the things. So far I'm batting zero for anything. Blah Blah kids blah blah...whatever. I hope the kids can afford the game while I move on. Their lack of moving on in their gameplay tells me they WANT us old timers to move on. I may oblige, because I don't want to get sucked back into it and reward them for mediocre results.

VV actually listened more than what I'm seeing from the TfB entry so far.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:09:51 02/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
madtyger Green Sparx Gems: 366
#54 Posted: 16:26:25 02/05/2014
I just really hope they don't make the Traps blind buys like Disney Infinity. That's gonna make this even more expensive.
---
Figures to trade: Quickdraw Rattle Shake (2), Easter Fryno, Easter Punk Shock
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#55 Posted: 17:01:59 02/05/2014
Confirmed many times over---no blind buys.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#56 Posted: 17:14:02 02/05/2014
And you'll only need one tiki per element. It's your choice if you want to have one per villain. To me it seems like a waste of money, but I won't fault someone for throwing money for convenience. I don't think I'd use them enough to need multiples.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#57 Posted: 01:34:14 03/05/2014
A little word of advice. You don't have to own and collect every single figures. If you don't like the characters you played as, you can either sell or return them to save money for characters you enjoy the most. For instance, I just bought a Wildfire figure, but I decided to return or exchange him for a different character like Wallop. If you have extra Traptanium crystals that are identical by both shapes and colors, you can either keep them as backups or sell them online.
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#58 Posted: 04:04:50 03/05/2014
Quote: TheShadowDragon
A little word of advice. You don't have to own and collect every single figures. If you don't like the characters you played as, you can either sell or return them to save money for characters you enjoy the most. For instance, I just bought a Wildfire figure, but I decided to return or exchange him for a different character like Wallop. If you have extra Traptanium crystals that are identical by both shapes and colors, you can either keep them as backups or sell them online.

Agreed! Outside of the initial investment for the game, its seems like you will be able to do most things with ur existing collection. So it doesn't NEED to be expensive.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me