darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Whens the uk skylanders 4 event in london?
Page 1 of 1
Whens the uk skylanders 4 event in london?
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#1 Posted: 22:54:58 22/04/2014 | Topic Creator
If it wasnt today when is it family gamer tv said tuesday but it didnt happen
---
"Taking Charge"
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#2 Posted: 22:56:09 22/04/2014
All info about it has been embargoed until tomorrow at 7:00 PM EST.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#3 Posted: 23:03:40 22/04/2014
Quote: GIANTSRULE

It happened. Can't say more than that.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#4 Posted: 23:27:02 22/04/2014
I wanna know if the wait, hype, and secrecy will be worth it. Like, is it really a game changer? I also want to know if they at least kept the new engine from Swap Force?
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#5 Posted: 00:48:13 23/04/2014
Quote: wideawakewesley

Was a lot revealed?
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#6 Posted: 01:08:39 23/04/2014
Quote: ninja9351
Quote: wideawakewesley

Was a lot revealed?

He can't say more than that smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#7 Posted: 02:10:56 23/04/2014
Then why say anything if you can't say more?
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 03:03:21 23/04/2014
Because for some reason someone is saying that the London press event was "embargoed" whatever the heck that means. He's saying it did happen so that's positive. I'm guessing they're saying that so people don't harass the boards with 1,000 what happened threads. Chill...take it from Chill. This time tomorrow late evening we'll know something. Or I'll send the Norwhal.

Quote: GameMaster78
I wanna know if the wait, hype, and secrecy will be worth it. Like, is it really a game changer? I also want to know if they at least kept the new engine from Swap Force?

They should keep it only if they can get loading times down...my guess is that they did and they kept all of the previous IP and work. I do think they're going to touch up their "classics" and get them back into shape, though. I think this trap team will come in pairs, and will probably go for $25 for the pair. The game changer is that money will be taken from you at an unprecedented rate.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:08:21 23/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
#9 Posted: 12:00:38 23/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Because for some reason someone is saying that the London press event was "embargoed" whatever the heck that means. He's saying it did happen so that's positive. I'm guessing they're saying that so people don't harass the boards with 1,000 what happened threads. Chill...take it from Chill. This time tomorrow late evening we'll know something. Or I'll send the Norwhal.

They should keep it only if they can get loading times down...my guess is that they did and they kept all of the previous IP and work. I do think they're going to touch up their "classics" and get them back into shape, though. I think this trap team will come in pairs, and will probably go for $25 for the pair. The game changer is that money will be taken from you at an unprecedented rate.

Embargoed means that they can't talk about what happened.
---
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#10 Posted: 12:02:26 23/04/2014

When something is embargoed, that means it is being held back. When it comes to media embargoes, it means the media that was at an event cannot release any information until the embargo has been lifted. It happens at press events all the time, as well as movie screenings, where reviewers can't release their reviews until a certain time (sometimes even after a movie is released).
#11 Posted: 12:05:07 23/04/2014
Lookie what I found thanks to a French instagrammer!
http://skylanders.wikia.com/wi...4firstlook.jpeg
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#12 Posted: 13:06:35 23/04/2014
Quote: obidawsn

When something is embargoed, that means it is being held back. When it comes to media embargoes, it means the media that was at an event cannot release any information until the embargo has been lifted. It happens at press events all the time, as well as movie screenings, where reviewers can't release their reviews until a certain time (sometimes even after a movie is released).

OK, that helps. I thought the event simply didn't happen--that was my interpretation of the term.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#13 Posted: 13:27:18 23/04/2014
Often, you're not even allowed to reveal there is an embargo. Yes, it gets that silly.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me