Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Android 4.2+ (Galaxy Tab3, etc) [CLOSED]
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#1 Posted: 20:24:31 21/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I played on a tab2, which died on me yesterday. Today I came home with a tab3 as a replacement and come to find I can no longer play Lost Islands. The app won't even install. "Your device isn't compatible with this version" is what you see in the app store. Activision phone support couldn't give me any information on a possible fix or future update to the app.

For those of you on my friends list, I'll continue to sign in on my son's iPad for daily gifting for now.
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
#2 Posted: 01:16:03 03/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I found a 1.9.1 apk file on the web and have the app running on my tab3. So far no crashes, everything works except for sound. Really hope this gets official support.
---
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#3 Posted: 14:51:51 03/05/2014
Not to get into an iOS vs. Android debate, but this is exactly why I don't like Android. Too many different devices with different operating systems and no consistency. It's why developers choose to support iOS before Android. Everyone wants to blame the developers, but it's difficult to make your game work for everyone when different devices work differently. I liked the idea of the open source of Android and the idea of it, and how it's brought smartphones to a cheaper level for people go get, but it has to be understood that it makes it difficult for developers and you can't always expect things to work right on every device.
#4 Posted: 20:13:40 04/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I've been playing on that 1.9.1 apk install all this time with no issues, aside from a lack of sound. Looks like the 1.9.2 update we got on July 30, 2014 might have killed my ability to play with updates. Namely, I am not getting the newest quests. I've talked to activision support, exchanged emails, etc. They just don't seem concerned enough to support this device. I'm currently trying to reinstall via the latest apk's I can find, but no luck so far.

If I can't get this working in the next few days, that might be the end for me. I won't buy a new tablet just to run Skylanders Lost Islands.
---
#5 Posted: 21:00:54 04/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Really, Activision?! I just got done reinstalling the app via a apk (ie. not though the play store - still no official support for my Galaxy Tab 3 10.1) and not only do I have a working game again, but now I have sound too. WTF?! Add this thing to your support list so I don't have to ghetto update! o.O
---
#6 Posted: 15:35:43 07/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Finally!!! We have support, Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 is on the list and in the Play Store. Feels nice to be "official" again. =)
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me