Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Top 50 Glitches In All Of The Spyro Games
Page 1 of 1
Top 50 Glitches In All Of The Spyro Games [CLOSED]
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#1 Posted: 21:39:46 19/10/2008 | Topic Creator
This is a random idea that I came up with this morning. Basically, I wanted to hear all of your guys' opinions on all of your favorite glitches in Spyro. This can be any Spyro game, whether it's handheld or console version. Just basically say what your favorite glitch/glitches are in Spyro (and the game it's from), and then after the first 50 glitches are mentioned, we'll all get to vote for our favorite glitch in the game. Then, I'll make up a list for all of the glitches and we'll see which glitch is the best of the best (from your opinions) and which glitch is the worst glitch imaginable. I'll start with one glitch suggestion for the top 50 list.

1.) The "Flying" Glitch: Spyro 7: The Legend Of Spyro: The Eternal Night
-Note: In case you don't know, the "flying" glitch I'm referring to is the glitch where if you select normal Spyro with ice breath, then turn into Dark Spyro and frequently press the Triangle button, Spyro will continuously "fly". Here's a video representation of it in action. (I didn't make this video, and all credit should go to the creator of it, LydiaDragon.)
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:47:20 19/10/2008 by SpyroGamer2008
Mewnaphy Gold Sparx Gems: 2750
#2 Posted: 01:11:17 20/10/2008
Hmm...does the secret Dino Mines area in YotD count?I don't think it's much of a glitch,but it's cool!I love finding secrets!8D

Well,if that doesn't count,then put the swim in air glitch from RR and YotD.That glitch just owns.
---
"Hence nothing remains except for our regrets"
DocHudsonLover Red Sparx Gems: 96
#3 Posted: 16:15:52 20/10/2008
Quote: SpyroGamer2008
This is a random idea that I came up with this morning. Basically, I wanted to hear all of your guys' opinions on all of your favorite glitches in Spyro. This can be any Spyro game, whether it's handheld or console version. Just basically say what your favorite glitch/glitches are in Spyro (and the game it's from), and then after the first 50 glitches are mentioned, we'll all get to vote for our favorite glitch in the game. Then, I'll make up a list for all of the glitches and we'll see which glitch is the best of the best (from your opinions) and which glitch is the worst glitch imaginable. I'll start with one glitch suggestion for the top 50 list.

-Note: In case you don't know, the "flying" glitch I'm referring to is the glitch where if you select normal Spyro with ice breath, then turn into Dark Spyro and frequently press the Triangle button, Spyro will continuously "fly". Here's a video representation of it in action. (I didn't make this video, and all credit should go to the creator of it, LydiaDragon.)

Glitches? What are Glitches? I never heard of such thing. Please tell me what Glitches are?
---
smiliesmilieI Love Albert Shagglefordsmilie
I like Scientists, like Albert Shagglefordsmiliesmilie
#4 Posted: 03:53:52 21/10/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Mewnaphy
Hmm...does the secret Dino Mines area in YotD count?I don't think it's much of a glitch,but it's cool!I love finding secrets!8D

Yup, that secret area in Dino Mines does count as a glitch.

Well,if that doesn't count,then put the swim in air glitch from RR and YotD.That glitch just owns.

Quote: DocHudsonLover

Glitches? What are Glitches? I never heard of such thing. Please tell me what Glitches are?

Glitches, DocHudsonLover, are basically a malfunction in the game design. Basically, to put it simply, a glitch is basically a bug in the game in which allows the character you're playing as to do weird stuff that the gamers tried to take out of. For example, in Spyro 1: The Dragon, a common glitch that occurred in that game was that you could become invincible from dying while freeing the dragon. During normal gameplay, if you die, Spyro looses a life and you end up usually in your last previously saved spot. But on an invincible glitch, the game will actually allow you to become invincible and not die if you get hit later. This is an example of a bug in the game in which the game designers didn't either notice, or, if noticed, didn't fix it in the game.
---
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#5 Posted: 04:43:19 21/10/2008
The one where the dreadwing kills itself in TEN is kinda funny, until you have to kill yourself because there's nothing esle to do and you can't go on to the next level

Or the Cynder falling off the platform in convexity is pretty funny
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#6 Posted: 07:57:21 21/10/2008
Swimming in the air glich in AHT. It is sorta hard to do...

Its cool! smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Rocky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#7 Posted: 11:34:28 21/10/2008
Quote: Cloudtail4ever

Cynder falling of the platform?! How do you do that?!

I've beatet ANB 14 times, but never seen Cynder falling off the platform! Plz tell me!

EDIT: Oh forgot to tell my favorite glitch! It's... uhm... flying in the air in AHT, i guess...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:36:01 21/10/2008 by Rocky
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#8 Posted: 16:21:58 22/10/2008
I like this glitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFOKZRkANrY
#9 Posted: 05:17:15 23/10/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: dingodile555

I kind of like that one too, dingodile555. Although lately I haven't been able to do it since I'm just now replaying Enter The Dragonfly. Maybe it's just because I'm still rusty at it...But anyways, one glitch that I can't seem to stand are the corrupting glitches in both Spyro 5: A Hero's Tail and Spyro 7: The Legend Of Spyro: The Eternal Night. For some reason, if you do too many glitches in either game, the game will sometimes corrupt and delete your game permanently, forcing you to start over. (Although there have been cases on Spyro 7 in where the games on file somehow disappeared, and then after a while, appeared again every time I kept replaying the game.)
---
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#10 Posted: 05:49:38 23/10/2008
Quote: Rocky
Quote: Cloudtail4ever

Cynder falling of the platform?! How do you do that?!

I've beatet ANB 14 times, but never seen Cynder falling off the platform! Plz tell me!

EDIT: Oh forgot to tell my favorite glitch! It's... uhm... flying in the air in AHT, i guess...

No idea how it happened. She landed, I shot her with earth breath, she was next to the edge, shot her again, and there she went....down....down....and then I had to kill myself
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12212
#11 Posted: 08:30:51 23/10/2008
I found a glitch where you can fly anywhere in Dragonfly Falls and play as Spyro in hunter's level.
SpyroCrazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1648
#12 Posted: 19:19:03 23/10/2008
The swimming cheat in Dino Mines and Bamboo Terrace are AWSOME!
---
SuperWhoAvengePokéThatterLock
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#13 Posted: 18:43:11 24/10/2008
In gateway to glimmer I was in aquaria towers. There was this place with a circle of sharks. I charged past them and back up without getting eaten. I went a little way away and spyro just dissapeared, accompanied by the sound effect of a chomping shark!! I lost a life too
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#14 Posted: 02:45:43 26/10/2008
Another glitch I like is the swimming in the air glitch in Enter the Dragonfly! I only just discovered it recently and it's awesome!
Spyro Technics Yellow Sparx Gems: 1899
#15 Posted: 10:04:28 31/10/2008
List of 50 Spyro glitches:

Enter the Dragonfly.

xP

Swimming in air, walk on air, falling endlessly.... Must I go on. xP
#16 Posted: 04:46:46 12/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynderfyre
In gateway to glimmer I was in aquaria towers. There was this place with a circle of sharks. I charged past them and back up without getting eaten. I went a little way away and spyro just dissapeared, accompanied by the sound effect of a chomping shark!! I lost a life too

That's happened before with me too. Apparently, if you charge away from that area after doing the previous trick you've said, you can unexpectedly die from it if you stop charging. I guess it has something to do with the game with Spyro involving the sharks.

Side Note: Here's the video with the glitch in it (at least I think it is).
---
spyroxxx4 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#17 Posted: 02:17:20 03/12/2008
In spyro eternal night the ds version i was in the middle of looking for the chronicler when i saw a mushroom that looked like it was floating against a wall i jumped and charged at it. then spyro when through the ground i could see the tip of his horn but his whole body was inside the ground. I fixed the glich by jumping.
---
We all say things, sometimes its a situation where you dont know what youll do until it comes.
bananababy Green Sparx Gems: 275
#18 Posted: 04:34:35 06/12/2008
Quote: dingodile555

I kind of like that one too, dingodile555. Although lately I haven't been able to do it since I'm just now replaying Enter The Dragonfly. Maybe it's just because I'm still rusty at it...But anyways, one glitch that I can't seem to stand are the corrupting glitches in both Spyro 5: A Hero's Tail and Spyro 7: The Legend Of Spyro: The Eternal Night. For some reason, if you do too many glitches in either game, the game will sometimes corrupt and delete your game permanently, forcing you to start over. (Although there have been cases on Spyro 7 in where the games on file somehow disappeared, and then after a while, appeared again every time I kept replaying the game.)

I got that corrupting Glitch with TEN and also it sometimes happens with ANB; Usually I fix it with hitting Retry/Repair.
Still freaks me out though. :p
I guess my favorite glitches would be...
1]. The Flying Glitch W/ Dark Spyro in TLOS:TEN.
2]. The Swimming in the air glitches in RR/YoTD/ETD/AHT
3]. The Invincibility Glitch in S:tD.
Yes. I like invincibility and flying. >_>
---
Amateur 3D Graphics Artist.
Need a texture or background or simple item for a game or movie? Ask me And I can help ye.
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#19 Posted: 02:03:30 19/12/2008
One of the best is the swimming in the air glitch in Winter Tundra in Spyro 2. You can get to Ripto with 0 ORBS!!
Also The Double Jump Glitch
spyro52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1746
#20 Posted: 18:59:02 22/12/2008
ive seen one on DOTD when your on malefor when hes breathing fire hit him and when he gets red jems hes still breathing it
---
Portal 2 is brilliant smilie
DocHudsonLover Red Sparx Gems: 96
#21 Posted: 20:45:36 24/03/2009
Quote: Mewnaphy

Yup, that secret area in Dino Mines does count as a glitch.

Quote: DocHudsonLover

Glitches, DocHudsonLover, are basically a malfunction in the game design. Basically, to put it simply, a glitch is basically a bug in the game in which allows the character you're playing as to do weird stuff that the gamers tried to take out of. For example, in Spyro 1: The Dragon, a common glitch that occurred in that game was that you could become invincible from dying while freeing the dragon. During normal gameplay, if you die, Spyro looses a life and you end up usually in your last previously saved spot. But on an invincible glitch, the game will actually allow you to become invincible and not die if you get hit later. This is an example of a bug in the game in which the game designers didn't either notice, or, if noticed, didn't fix it in the game.

OOh. Thats what my first made Nentendo game Zelda or whatver does. Thanks SpyroGamer2008! You are like a Dictionary. I like that.
---
smiliesmilieI Love Albert Shagglefordsmilie
I like Scientists, like Albert Shagglefordsmiliesmilie
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#22 Posted: 22:33:44 24/03/2009
in STD in wizerd peak a goat jumped off the wall i was like "WTH were's the goat omg were is it" i didnt even want to kill the goat and yet it commited suicide.
jelleybeans_13 Red Sparx Gems: 97
#23 Posted: 15:57:24 06/04/2009
ivwe never even heard of the swimming in the air thing till iseen a video today
---
my bffs gamer900,spyroboy, cynder5, spyroblack if a problem about friends pm mesmilie
#24 Posted: 02:12:33 07/04/2009
Top 50 glitches is a bit much, I'd narrow it down to 10 or 20...

There's a swim in air glitch in a Spyro 2 level (its the one with the monkeys that hang from the trees and the elephant enemies) where if you fly straight up and keep going, you hear random voice clips from the game, in all different languages and music tracks from other levels. You even hear sound effects from the Crash Team Racing demo after like 20 minutes if you're lucky smilie
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#25 Posted: 08:01:23 07/04/2009
I don't know if this counts but in dotd when you make the anyone slider down a hill their faces look 0_O, Strangely spyro looks like teenage hormones have got to him
Lavagolem Blue Sparx Gems: 979
#26 Posted: 14:52:56 13/04/2009
In yotd, in the cat-hockey arena, after you win, go to that pole in the goal that the cats are all pawing at, and jump on it, you'll just float above it and look like you are falling.
---
I have lost all faith in the gaming industry. ¬__¬
#27 Posted: 01:27:10 17/04/2009 | Topic Creator
I personally enjoy all the glitches/techniques you can use to skip Moneybags in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage/Spyro 2: Gateway To Glimmer.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me