Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Are "Page" Posts considered spam? [CLOSED]
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#1 Posted: 23:11:27 14/04/2014 | Topic Creator
They don't really add or do anything to the topic.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#2 Posted: 23:27:17 14/04/2014
Yeah, I would say. Though unless it has something to do with the topic, but becomes apart of the next of the thread with the edited part of "page". It's like the "first" comment thing on youtube.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#3 Posted: 03:25:59 15/04/2014
I don't think they're considered spam, but they should be.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#4 Posted: 11:22:00 15/04/2014
Definitely spam.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#5 Posted: 22:39:24 15/04/2014
In a sense, yes, they don't contribute anything to the topic. But then again, one cannot truly "spam" them, since the opportunity to get a "page" doesn't come around often.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#6 Posted: 14:10:36 16/04/2014
It may seem to be just semantics to some, but there's two different, probably equally legitimate, definitions of "spam" out there. First, "spam", used as a noun, can imply unwanted/unnecessary/useless text, mail, or data. Alternatively, "spam" can imply constant or frequently repeated messages, text, or mail. In the second definition, "spam" is typically a verb.

First definition example: I am tired of people posting useless and unnecessary spam here, like when someone types "page" at the start of a new page in a thread.
Second definition example: It's so annoying when someone spams the forums by posting the same message in several different threads at the same time.

So, the question becomes, which definition of "spam" is the one used by moderators here? Or do they consider both definitions when deciding the fate of spam?
I would assert that typing "page" (and nothing else in a post) is definitely spam under the first definition.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#7 Posted: 23:34:48 16/04/2014
Quote: BahamutBreaker
It may seem to be just semantics to some, but there's two different, probably equally legitimate, definitions of "spam" out there. First, "spam", used as a noun, can imply unwanted/unnecessary/useless text, mail, or data. Alternatively, "spam" can imply constant or frequently repeated messages, text, or mail. In the second definition, "spam" is typically a verb.

First definition example: I am tired of people posting useless and unnecessary spam here, like when someone types "page" at the start of a new page in a thread.
Second definition example: It's so annoying when someone spams the forums by posting the same message in several different threads at the same time.

So, the question becomes, which definition of "spam" is the one used by moderators here? Or do they consider both definitions when deciding the fate of spam?
I would assert that typing "page" (and nothing else in a post) is definitely spam under the first definition.

Actually for mods in SnN, they have to talk to Dark to see what is considered spam, since SnN is more or less a spam side. So really they can't really say much.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#8 Posted: 18:38:06 17/04/2014
Stuff and Nonsense actually used to be called Spam Central.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#9 Posted: 21:19:55 17/04/2014
I'd say it's considered so but only on the more serious sections (i.e. the skylander ones) were it all has to be relevant >.>
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#10 Posted: 00:55:24 22/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

How helpful. >_>
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#11 Posted: 20:34:52 22/04/2014
Quote: somePerson
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

How helpful. smilie

Thank you.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#12 Posted: 00:51:16 24/04/2014
Eh. It's up for opinion, really. If these posts start being deleted, then many other types of posts might as well be deleted in S&N also.

It's kinda like how you could consider many "Forum Games" spam, but is it really that much of an issue?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me