Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Hello! New to DS. Well, sorta.
Page 1 of 1
Hello! New to DS. Well, sorta. [CLOSED]
the_darai Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#1 Posted: 04:14:57 03/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Hello, I'm Darai, also known as Daras Es, Dars, and other assorted names on the internet (mostly on Skype, lels) that start or have 'Dar' in it. For those who are familiar with me you might know me from this little gag which was just a little bit of my devilish side on the Fools of April day. This community impressed me much that I decided to make an official account. :3

I've been a fan of Spyro ever since it came out '98, I was 13 when it came out and I actually was given a Playstation just to play the game. Needless to say I'm a classic Spyro fan, in which I played and loved RR and YotD (the original trilogy! Yeaaaah!) with a passion. the LoS series is okayish, though I only played the first and I was slightly put off on how it was a bit different and I'm just getting into Skylanders, which it totally different but still good (My son's been bugging me to get it and now that we got a Wii U, we can, and it's pretty cool to see we're into the same fandoms like that.)

The GBA Spryo games scarred me. I...just don't wanna talk about it.

Anyway, that's just a little bit about me. See ya around!
---
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#2 Posted: 04:39:43 03/04/2014
I've actually been playing Spyro games since I was 3, but WELCOME!!!!!!

BTW, you're kind of young to have a child, don't you think? I mean, I get it, 29-year-olds can have kids, but still...

Personally, though, I didn't find TLoS to be suitable for me until Skylanders came out. I then decided to take a look back at the earlier series, and then I said, "Well, [bleep]. There's a lot I missed."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:40:22 03/04/2014 by LocoGuy107
the_darai Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#3 Posted: 15:48:35 03/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: LocoGuy107
I've actually been playing Spyro games since I was 3, but WELCOME!!!!!!

BTW, you're kind of young to have a child, don't you think? I mean, I get it, 29-year-olds can have kids, but still...

Personally, though, I didn't find TLoS to be suitable for me until Skylanders came out. I then decided to take a look back at the earlier series, and then I said, "Well, [bleep]. There's a lot I missed."


Kind of young to have a child? Well, that's the first time I've been told that before. Heh.

TLoS was okay, but it wasn't great. The original trilogy did that for me.

And then you had the second trilogy (Enter the Dragonfly, Hero's Tail, and Shadow Legacy) just didn't have the Insomniac touch to it (Hero's Tail is okay in my book tho) and suffered.
---
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#4 Posted: 18:09:39 03/04/2014
Err, I'll move this to Idle Chatter. General is for topics about the Spyro games. XP
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#5 Posted: 18:50:38 03/04/2014
Its nice to have you in our gang! I hope you have a nice stay!
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#6 Posted: 18:54:27 03/04/2014
I hope you have a nice stay here.Advice till you are extremely experienced don't go into S&N too often.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Avatar by Trix Master
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#7 Posted: 19:30:36 03/04/2014
Quote: the_darai
Quote: LocoGuy107
I've actually been playing Spyro games since I was 3, but WELCOME!!!!!!

BTW, you're kind of young to have a child, don't you think? I mean, I get it, 29-year-olds can have kids, but still...

Personally, though, I didn't find TLoS to be suitable for me until Skylanders came out. I then decided to take a look back at the earlier series, and then I said, "Well, [bleep]. There's a lot I missed."


Kind of young to have a child? Well, that's the first time I've been told that before. Heh.

TLoS was okay, but it wasn't great. The original trilogy did that for me.

And then you had the second trilogy (Enter the Dragonfly, Hero's Tail, and Shadow Legacy) just didn't have the Insomniac touch to it (Hero's Tail is okay in my book tho) and suffered.



I actually consider the second trilogy to be The Legend of Spyro. Enter the Dragonfly, Hero's Tail, and Shadow Legacy was still part of the original series, but the games weren't made by Insomniac at that point.

Also, it's Shadow Legacy's fault for TLoS to have existed. Shadow Legacy was supposed to be the TURNING POINT for the original Spyro, but the game ended so badly that the developers realized that they needed to cover up for it somehow.
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#8 Posted: 19:58:32 03/04/2014
welcome to DS, have fun, this place is full of just about everything we can think of.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
the_darai Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#9 Posted: 23:00:14 03/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
Err, I'll move this to Idle Chatter. General is for topics about the Spyro games. XP

Thank you for the request.

Quote: azz01
I hope you have a nice stay here.Advice till you are extremely experienced don't go into S&N too often.

Lols, you don't have to worry about me and people trolling me or what have you. I've been all over the internets so it's not gonna bother me.

Quote: LocoGuy107
Quote: the_darai
Quote: LocoGuy107
I've actually been playing Spyro games since I was 3, but WELCOME!!!!!!

BTW, you're kind of young to have a child, don't you think? I mean, I get it, 29-year-olds can have kids, but still...

Personally, though, I didn't find TLoS to be suitable for me until Skylanders came out. I then decided to take a look back at the earlier series, and then I said, "Well, [bleep]. There's a lot I missed."


Kind of young to have a child? Well, that's the first time I've been told that before. Heh.

TLoS was okay, but it wasn't great. The original trilogy did that for me.


And then you had the second trilogy (Enter the Dragonfly, Hero's Tail, and Shadow Legacy) just didn't have the Insomniac touch to it (Hero's Tail is okay in my book tho) and suffered.



I actually consider the second trilogy to be The Legend of Spyro. Enter the Dragonfly, Hero's Tail, and Shadow Legacy was still part of the original series, but the games weren't made by Insomniac at that point.

Also, it's Shadow Legacy's fault for TLoS to have existed. Shadow Legacy was supposed to be the TURNING POINT for the original Spyro, but the game ended so badly that the developers realized that they needed to cover up for it somehow.


I consider the next three after the Insomniac games the 2nd, then TLoS the third. Unless you count the GBA games, which I don't. Ever.

I have to agree with Shadow Legacy. What really makes it horrible is that it had potential to be so much better, yet the devs were lazy to make it look like a GBA game. It was like they weren't trying. *sigh*
---
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:18:02 04/04/2014 by the_darai
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#10 Posted: 23:49:07 03/04/2014
Quote: the_darai
I consider the next three after the Insomniac games the 2nd, then TLoS the third. Unless you count the GBA games, which I don't. Ever.

I have to agree with Shadow Legacy. What really makes it horrible is that it had potential to be so much better, yet the devs were lazy to make it look like a GBA game. It was like they weren't trying. *sigh*



Yeah, but at least we'd now get an idea of what the game should have looked like. I actually have a different take on a certain scene of Spyro: Shadow Legacy here.
Fatman Gold Sparx Gems: 2794
#11 Posted: 15:51:52 04/04/2014
Quote: the_darai
Hello, I'm Darai, also known as Daras Es, Dars, and other assorted names on the internet (mostly on Skype, lels) that start or have 'Dar' in it. For those who are familiar with me you might know me from this little gag which was just a little bit of my devilish side on the Fools of April day. This community impressed me much that I decided to make an official account. :3

I've been a fan of Spyro ever since it came out '98, I was 13 when it came out and I actually was given a Playstation just to play the game. Needless to say I'm a classic Spyro fan, in which I played and loved RR and YotD (the original trilogy! Yeaaaah!) with a passion. the LoS series is okayish, though I only played the first and I was slightly put off on how it was a bit different and I'm just getting into Skylanders, which it totally different but still good (My son's been bugging me to get it and now that we got a Wii U, we can, and it's pretty cool to see we're into the same fandoms like that.)

The GBA Spryo games scarred me. I...just don't wanna talk about it.

Anyway, that's just a little bit about me. See ya around!


RUN!!!! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!!!!
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#12 Posted: 19:04:03 04/04/2014
We only bite in certain occasions.
the_darai Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#13 Posted: 03:31:18 05/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Fatman
Quote: the_darai
Hello, I'm Darai, also known as Daras Es, Dars, and other assorted names on the internet (mostly on Skype, lels) that start or have 'Dar' in it. For those who are familiar with me you might know me from this little gag which was just a little bit of my devilish side on the Fools of April day. This community impressed me much that I decided to make an official account. :3

I've been a fan of Spyro ever since it came out '98, I was 13 when it came out and I actually was given a Playstation just to play the game. Needless to say I'm a classic Spyro fan, in which I played and loved RR and YotD (the original trilogy! Yeaaaah!) with a passion. the LoS series is okayish, though I only played the first and I was slightly put off on how it was a bit different and I'm just getting into Skylanders, which it totally different but still good (My son's been bugging me to get it and now that we got a Wii U, we can, and it's pretty cool to see we're into the same fandoms like that.)

The GBA Spryo games scarred me. I...just don't wanna talk about it.

Anyway, that's just a little bit about me. See ya around!


RUN!!!! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!!!!


Okay!
*Darai runs straight into S&N*

Quote: wspyro
We only bite in certain occasions.


I prefer nibbles though. On the arm of course.
---
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#14 Posted: 09:42:30 05/04/2014
I bite in people's neck, if that counts....
the_darai Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#15 Posted: 15:12:25 05/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: NINJAsk11
I bite in people's neck, if that counts....



Only if you have the fangs to prove it! smilie
---
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░
Fatman Gold Sparx Gems: 2794
#16 Posted: 21:32:26 05/04/2014
Quote: the_darai
Quote: Fatman
Quote: the_darai
Hello, I'm Darai, also known as Daras Es, Dars, and other assorted names on the internet (mostly on Skype, lels) that start or have 'Dar' in it. For those who are familiar with me you might know me from this little gag which was just a little bit of my devilish side on the Fools of April day. This community impressed me much that I decided to make an official account. :3

I've been a fan of Spyro ever since it came out '98, I was 13 when it came out and I actually was given a Playstation just to play the game. Needless to say I'm a classic Spyro fan, in which I played and loved RR and YotD (the original trilogy! Yeaaaah!) with a passion. the LoS series is okayish, though I only played the first and I was slightly put off on how it was a bit different and I'm just getting into Skylanders, which it totally different but still good (My son's been bugging me to get it and now that we got a Wii U, we can, and it's pretty cool to see we're into the same fandoms like that.)

The GBA Spryo games scarred me. I...just don't wanna talk about it.

Anyway, that's just a little bit about me. See ya around!


RUN!!!! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!!!!


Okay!
*Darai runs straight into S&N*

NNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#17 Posted: 12:49:57 11/04/2014
Quote: wspyro
We only bite in certain occasions.



Yes this is true. smilie

~~~~~

Hey welcome to ds, I'm quite sure you'll like it here! ^.^
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#18 Posted: 14:07:45 11/04/2014
Welcome to DS.
If you need a friend, someone to talk to, or a shoulder to cry on, I'm here.

Hope you enjoy it.
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7857
#19 Posted: 15:19:23 11/04/2014
Welcome!

I love the Original trilogy more than the TLOS, GBA and Skylanders games smilie

Watch out for my lemons..
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#20 Posted: 16:49:10 11/04/2014
Quote: Jaggedstar
Welcome!

I love the Original trilogy more than the TLOS, GBA and Skylanders games smilie

Watch out for my lemons..



Jaggedstar just means that he likes the ones made for PS1, ONLY.

In my opinion, the only non-PS1 Spyro game that was actually legit was A Hero's Tail.
the_darai Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#21 Posted: 21:42:28 11/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: thumper
Quote: wspyro
We only bite in certain occasions.



Yes this is true. smilie

~~~~~

Hey welcome to ds, I'm quite sure you'll like it here! ^.^


Why thank you. :3


Quote: Darchangel
Welcome to DS.
If you need a friend, someone to talk to, or a shoulder to cry on, I'm here.

Hope you enjoy it.


Thank you as well. I like to make new friends. smilie


Quote: LocoGuy107
Quote: Jaggedstar
Welcome!

I love the Original trilogy more than the TLOS, GBA and Skylanders games smilie

Watch out for my lemons..



Jaggedstar just means that he likes the ones made for PS1, ONLY.

In my opinion, the only non-PS1 Spyro game that was actually legit was A Hero's Tail.


Hmm, I like the original trilogy, didn't care too much about TLoS (willing to replay it though) and I like Skylanders pretty well.
---
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#22 Posted: 01:36:09 12/04/2014
Quote: wspyro
We only bite in certain occasions.


Speak for yourself. I bite in ALL situations. ;>.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#23 Posted: 02:27:29 12/04/2014
Quote: HIR
Quote: wspyro
We only bite in certain occasions.


Speak for yourself. I bite in ALL situations. ;>.>



And it's because you're a HUNTER!!!!!!!!!

[User Posted Image]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9262
#24 Posted: 09:30:31 12/04/2014
Quote: HIR
Quote: wspyro
We only bite in certain occasions.


Speak for yourself. I bite in ALL situations. ;>.>


That sounds so wrong. smilie
the_darai Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#25 Posted: 19:04:53 12/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: HIR
Quote: wspyro
We only bite in certain occasions.


Speak for yourself. I bite in ALL situations. ;>.>


That sounds so wrong. smilie


Sounds alright to me. :3
---
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9262
#26 Posted: 20:37:19 12/04/2014
It's sounds beautiful to you doesn't it?
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#27 Posted: 17:53:56 24/05/2014
Welcome!!! Im a newb too.
the_darai Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#28 Posted: 04:32:40 29/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Hey! Welcome to the forums.
---
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░
robbiepayne97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1891
#29 Posted: 07:06:52 13/06/2014
I've been on dS since 2008. But I only visited the website. I never joined, but thanks to Jaggedstar, she told me about it and it made me remember this site and I had to join this time. I love Spyro so much. I've been playing Spyro since Christmas Day '98. I've been a huge Spyro fan ever since!
---
furry for 13 years and counting! <3
the_darai Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#30 Posted: 02:25:03 16/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Heh that's nice to hear. Good to see there's old school Spyro fans here.
---
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
█░░░█▀▀░█░░░░░
▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me