Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > Complaint about moderator in Skylanders sections
Page 1 of 1
Complaint about moderator in Skylanders sections [CLOSED]
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#1 Posted: 16:22:57 28/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Just going to keep this simple: I'd like to suggest that Matteomax be removed as moderator for the Skylanders section(s). Not trying to start drama; just want it to be known that I am dissatisfied with this moderator, and that I have heard from several other users that they are also dissatisfied with him for similar reasons. It's impossible for everybody to like someone, and it's unrealistic to expect perfection from anyone. However, Matteomax has demonstrated a pattern of "gnorc first, ask questions later (if at all)" without explanation or adequate follow-up. He also has demonstrated a pattern of deleting posts for the sole purpose of protecting his own image and reputation. He has demonstrated a pattern of unjustly deleting posts that call his friends' questionable activities into the spotlight, too. In summary, the forum deserves more objective and less self-centered moderators. That's all. If you want to agree or disagree, feel free. Hopefully Matteomax won't delete this post under the false premise of "harassment".
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#2 Posted: 16:28:05 28/03/2014
I agree, sad, but true.
---
My life is complete.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#3 Posted: 18:57:12 28/03/2014
I don't quite like the idea of agreeing with you,but it's a thing. Well,problem is,it's not like the admin is active as much as we wish he was. Unless HIR has demodding powers AND agrees that Matteomax isn't doing his job right,it's probably staying that way.

And even if this thread might not even stay in place(since you're criticizing someone with mod powers),Dark Spyro is really becoming another Spyro Forum.It's not even because of the influx of new users from Skylanders,it's just plain bias affecting moderation,which results in people breaking the rules left and right,which causes even more fights and bad things. Hopefully there's time for this place to get back up,it's probably the last Spyro forum with a decent structure.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#4 Posted: 19:21:42 28/03/2014
Quote: BahamutBreaker
Just going to keep this simple: I'd like to suggest that Matteomax be removed as moderator for the Skylanders section(s). Not trying to start drama; just want it to be known that I am dissatisfied with this moderator, and that I have heard from several other users that they are also dissatisfied with him for similar reasons. It's impossible for everybody to like someone, and it's unrealistic to expect perfection from anyone. However, Matteomax has demonstrated a pattern of "gnorc first, ask questions later (if at all)" without explanation or adequate follow-up. He also has demonstrated a pattern of deleting posts for the sole purpose of protecting his own image and reputation. He has demonstrated a pattern of unjustly deleting posts that call his friends' questionable activities into the spotlight, too. In summary, the forum deserves more objective and less self-centered moderators. That's all. If you want to agree or disagree, feel free. Hopefully Matteomax won't delete this post under the false premise of "harassment".

He can't, but GG and JCW can.

IMO he is a good mod.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#5 Posted: 16:14:27 29/03/2014
Cool m8
#6 Posted: 23:25:15 29/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson
Cool m8

Huh?.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#7 Posted: 00:00:21 31/03/2014
[User Posted Image]

-----
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#8 Posted: 00:01:47 31/03/2014
Quote: bionicle2809
[User Posted Image]

-----

THE PLOT THICKENS

It was needed to be done.
---
My life is complete.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#9 Posted: 16:07:31 31/03/2014
relevant

Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#10 Posted: 19:57:59 31/03/2014
Everything you said is 100% true, Bahamutbreaker.
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#11 Posted: 21:44:57 01/04/2014
I agree, should we get a petition started
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12081
#12 Posted: 07:51:03 02/04/2014
I honestly don't go to the Skylanders section, so I can't say if I agree or disagree, but I do feel a matter such as this is better addressed in a PM to dark52 himself rather than publicly posting it. I do see where you're coming from and if what you say is true, then I'm sure dark52 will handle the matter accordingly.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
#13 Posted: 12:00:41 02/04/2014
Quote: Spyroboy
I honestly don't go to the Skylanders section, so I can't say if I agree or disagree, but I do feel a matter such as this is better addressed in a PM to dark52 himself rather than publicly posting it. I do see where you're coming from and if what you say is true, then I'm sure dark52 will handle the matter accordingly.

But it's nice to see what others think of the matter, and if they've had issues with him themselves, or if they've witnessed these things as well.
#14 Posted: 13:24:48 02/04/2014 | Topic Creator

In most situations, I would definitely agree with you, Spyroboy. However, it's no secret that "dark52" tends to use a laissez faire style of administration here. I imagine it would take an act of Congress to get his attention about this concern. My post here is simply an attempt to feel out others' opinions, and perhaps give Matteomax a window into how the community views his actions.
---
#15 Posted: 20:33:57 02/04/2014
That's true. Hopefully something is done about it or at the very least he changes his moderation style.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#16 Posted: 20:51:50 02/04/2014
He also has a relatively immature attitude about him and apparently can bend the rules himself every now and then. I'm aware that this isn't nearly as bad as the case that was already brought up here, but at the same time it doesn't feel like he's suitable for this role.
#17 Posted: 20:57:13 02/04/2014
dark maybe picking names out of a hat isn't the best way to choose moderators
#18 Posted: 21:04:01 02/04/2014
Since when was it?
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#19 Posted: 21:13:59 02/04/2014
Quote: CAV
Since when was it?

When you want to get moderators who act 100% on impulse, and suspend users based on who the majority thinks should be suspended in order to be "popular" among the majority of users.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#20 Posted: 21:55:24 02/04/2014
I see your comments, guys. I understand if you don't want me in this position, but I'll change my ways starting now.

The whole "eBay incident" with me deleting posts was out of anger. I let it get a hold of me.

My sincere apologies to everyone. I learned a lesson, and I'll do much better, from now on it.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#21 Posted: 22:11:51 02/04/2014
Devil's Advocate; this isn't the first time you've made mistakes, abused your powers and then apologised. I'm beginning to question how many times it'll take.
#22 Posted: 22:31:17 02/04/2014
Devil's Advocate; this isn't the first time you've made mistakes, abused your powers and then apologised. I'm beginning to question how many times it'll take.

It'll be the last time.
---
#23 Posted: 22:34:25 02/04/2014
We'll hold you to it.

You're not a bad person. Just not sure if this is the right role for you.
#24 Posted: 22:35:38 02/04/2014
Quote: CAV
We'll hold you to it.

You're not a bad person. Just not sure if this is the right role for you.

As snobby as I may seem, I still care about this place, and all of you guys.
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#25 Posted: 15:49:54 03/04/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Dark Spyro is really becoming another Spyro Forum.

This confused me because I thought you were referring to just the generic "Spyro Forum", not that other place. Just curious, is that really what led Spyro Forum downhill? Biased moderation, leading to drama, which I presume users got fed up with? To me, the whole place is really mysterious, as I never visited there when... It was actually a thing. How is it now? But anyway- honestly, if another, better forum where people actually discussed Spyro appeared (and I doubt it would be as big as dS is but that wouldn't be that relevant if the place was enjoyable, IMO) then bluntly, I wouldn't care to see this place fade into obscurity if it reached a point where we couldn't realistically fix the problems here(and, despite my many complaints about the site, I don't think it's crossed that line yet, but I've been worried that it might be heading in that direction).

Sorry for kinda veering off-topic, but now Matteomax actually replied, and... Well, there's just not much to do that's actually on-topic besides debate wether Matteo's statement is trustable. smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:48:57 03/04/2014 by Arc of Archives
#26 Posted: 21:36:51 03/04/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
Dark Spyro is really becoming another Spyro Forum.

Well,the only big forums I've ever heard of were the official LOS ones,Dark Spyro and Spyro Forum.
I'm not quite sure what really made Spyro Forum go downhill so fast. Sure,there's the Skylanders drama and Classic fans taking over the place and deciding to up the jerk like it would help,but Razz mentioned some times that they were doing some bad stuff already - something to do with the gem=points economy,I can't remember since it was so long ago. But when SSA was first released,what I saw was bias and huge hostility towards the new fans,and that's probably why I can't really say Dark52 is a bad admin - those guys really put the high in the high horse when deciding to be rude. Never went there again after that :I

And hey,if Matteomax stops,all is well when it ends well and stuff; that doesn't solve some other concerns of mine,but after hearing his response to that in another thread I guess it's not worth dicussing about it anymore.
---
#27 Posted: 03:00:35 04/04/2014
Quote: Crookshanks

are you high

No. I waited until after writing that to get high.
---
#28 Posted: 01:40:36 06/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Matteomax
I see your comments, guys. I understand if you don't want me in this position, but I'll change my ways starting now.

The whole "eBay incident" with me deleting posts was out of anger. I let it get a hold of me.

My sincere apologies to everyone. I learned a lesson, and I'll do much better, from now on it.

Good show, Matteomax.
Here's to hoping you'll follow through on this assertion.
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#29 Posted: 02:14:50 09/04/2014
Well most of the time Matteo has to deal with rambunctious kids much like you who also seem to harass, abuse, and cause chaos with the forums. So if you were acting rude, you are bound to get a punishment. Like several others. Though I don't exactly get the entire situation I at least understand half of it. Just what I thought here.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#30 Posted: 12:36:23 09/04/2014
Quote: Trix Master 100
Well most of the time Matteo has to deal with rambunctious kids much like you who also seem to harass, abuse, and cause chaos with the forums. So if you were acting rude, you are bound to get a punishment. Like several others. Though I don't exactly get the entire situation I at least understand half of it. Just what I thought here.

This would be the case if it weren't that I also moderate the Skylanders section and have none of these issues you've mentioned.
#31 Posted: 21:39:14 09/04/2014
Trix Master 100 hasn't really been there and witnessed it, so she wouldn't know. She likes to jump on the bandwagon and hate on people such as BahamutBreaker just because some of her friends don't like them.
And also, it's a bit hypocritical to call people kids when you're still a child yourself.
#32 Posted: 23:43:43 09/04/2014
Quote: Trix Master 100

This would be the case if it weren't that I also moderate the Skylanders section and have none of these issues you've mentioned.

Oh I see. Kind of the reason why I said Quote:
Though I don't exactly get the entire situation

Quote: Bravo101
Trix Master 100 hasn't really been there and witnessed it, so she wouldn't know. She likes to jump on the bandwagon and hate on people such as BahamutBreaker just because some of her friends don't like them.
And also, it's a bit hypocritical to call people kids when you're still a child yourself.

That's a little funny coming out of your mouth. Especially when you lash out on people that were absent and leave. Not to mention whenever you comeback you seem try to start some crap. So I'd have say, we can be both childish, but how said that and also lashed out on several others I'm gonna stick with you too are very wrong.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#33 Posted: 21:20:39 10/04/2014
Take this to PMs,Trix and Bravo. As harsh as that sounds,no one really cares if you guys fight and disagree often in a topic which is about someone else entirely. And Matteomax apologized already,things are fine,and there's no reason for bickering.
---
#34 Posted: 22:26:40 10/04/2014
Take this to PMs,Trix and Bravo. As harsh as that sounds,no one really cares if you guys fight and disagree often in a topic which is about someone else entirely. And Matteomax apologized already,things are fine,and there's no reason for bickering.

Well actually I was just saying what was on my mind of what Bahamut might have meant. Then Bravo raved on in and hopped on the "Let's hate old enemies bandwagon". I didn't mena to start an argument, I was just saying. Though since Matteo did apologize for the actions that I barely know of earlier. I guess I can just leave the topic. Oh and I blocked Bravo anyways. So really Bravo went off topic and lashed at me. Sorry for all the bickering and possible off topicness.
---
icon from Empoh
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#35 Posted: 04:37:53 11/04/2014
S'all good man, people get in arguments on forums, you can't like everyone here anyway.
---
bye
GoldenCamo Green Sparx Gems: 146
#36 Posted: 22:08:02 30/04/2014
I'd support his demod-ing.
---
https://www.youtube.com/channe...LwpvF3KB_FrPY8g <----- My Youtube!!!
SSA: 31/32 ; SG: 15/16 ; SSF: 21/32 ; STT: 0/X ; Total: 67/80+
Pop Thorn Green Sparx Gems: 408
#37 Posted: 22:59:21 01/05/2014
Look, I haven't been on these forums for months and I don't know what the story is now. But when I was still a very active member on the forums, Matteomax seemed like an OKAY moderator. So for now, undecided, but if I do experience what you are accusing him of doing, I will probably support demoting him.
---
I am probably forgotten by now, but bye.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me