Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Grandwing??? [CLOSED]
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#1 Posted: 16:05:41 13/07/2009 | Topic Creator
I was, in pure desperation, searching for any flickerings of new Spyro games and I came across this...

http://m.mysticgalaxies.com:8080/grandwing/

I don't know about the rest of you, but this makes me awfully curious. smilie
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#2 Posted: 17:07:32 13/07/2009
Buh, I've seen it before... it will fail like other impersonators.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#3 Posted: 17:08:58 13/07/2009
IT has a chance, even if that chance looks like someone hit it with a chainsaw.
#4 Posted: 17:12:03 13/07/2009
I just get tired of this kind of stuff though:

"I am better than (insert X developer) you knows everything that makes a true (X type) game! Modern games suk and I am a genius!"

Heck, even a good 2D game is pain to make, let alone, it has to be an idea that actually will work and we've haven't seen before.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Doppel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1244
#5 Posted: 17:15:08 13/07/2009
I can't access the site. It's not blocked with any of my filters!
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#6 Posted: 21:05:26 13/07/2009 | Topic Creator
Well, I guess we'll just have to see what happens. To Doppel: It's talking about something called Grandwing which is supposedly an attempt to revive old Spyro, and it's being made by 'Mystic Galaxies'... I really don't know about all the details.
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
#7 Posted: 14:24:18 14/07/2009
Revive old Spyro? Finally, a Spyro game I actually want!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#8 Posted: 15:05:00 14/07/2009
Quote: BlinktheCookie
Revive old Spyro? Finally, a Spyro game I actually want!

Its not actualy Spyro... They said it was a game with the same gameplay as Spyro...
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#9 Posted: 15:37:24 14/07/2009
It'll be a fail because of Copywrite. Making a game that is just like Spyro is Copywrite.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#10 Posted: 15:42:54 14/07/2009
Quote: Fireball
It'll be a fail because of Copywrite. Making a game that is just like Spyro is Copywrite.

If your not making any money out of it then its fine...
winged warrior Red Sparx Gems: 51
#11 Posted: 15:58:25 14/07/2009
a few questions whats grand wing sounds a bit suspiciosce =o
and how do you know this site? (mystics page) and why would i want to see behind you'r mask? o.O
#12 Posted: 16:06:31 14/07/2009
Quote: winged warrior
a few questions whats grand wing sounds a bit suspiciosce =o
and how do you know this site? (mystics page) and why would i want to see behind you'r mask? o.O

How does it sound suspicious? I'm making a Spyro game so what? Does that sound suspicious? And they probabaly know this site after looking to see if theres any news on a new Spyro game... Also... Thats their signature *facepalm*
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#13 Posted: 17:52:08 14/07/2009

Only if you require people to pay for it or sometimes if the company that owns copyright if finatical about enforcing it.

Under VUGames and Sierra fanmade stuff was encouraged, how it will be under Actvision is unknown. I do know that they have made no comment about the fan-game project I am organizing on their forum.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:00:56 14/07/2009 by Gwenio
#14 Posted: 03:08:44 15/07/2009
Naturally, if you create something that has it's own original characters, plot, scenario, music, and world, you do not have to worry about copyrights.

Which is why with Cleaning Machine, I won't have to worry because it's all original.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
winged warrior Red Sparx Gems: 51
#15 Posted: 17:50:50 15/07/2009
omg i heard they replaced spyro with a overgrown chicken!!!!! in grandwing (a griffin) NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!(if anyone needs me i'll be panicking the next 24 hours (>o.O)>
Poppy Ripto Gems: 1021
#16 Posted: 19:03:23 15/07/2009
^ It's stuff like that makes me think that some people believe Spyro makes the world go around. -w-
#17 Posted: 20:36:53 15/07/2009
Quote: winged warrior
omg i heard they replaced spyro with a overgrown chicken!!!!! in grandwing (a griffin) NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!(if anyone needs me i'll be panicking the next 24 hours (>o.O)>

For the last time! This is not a real Spyro game!
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#18 Posted: 20:45:39 15/07/2009
its made by a SMALL company trying to make a game LIKE the ols spyros so no its not the end of spyro
#19 Posted: 21:52:59 15/07/2009
I just put some suggestions for levels for the game on their website.
---
#20 Posted: 23:05:18 15/07/2009
Even if it is, it'll be better than LoS!
#21 Posted: 23:13:24 15/07/2009

Any game seems better than TLoS trilogy. >.>
#22 Posted: 01:00:35 16/07/2009
A griffin?? Okay, that is not a dragon people... so don't panic.

What's next, a unicorn that fights crime in a robot city?? =/
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#23 Posted: 01:42:18 16/07/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89

Now that, shall be something I would buy. *shot*
#24 Posted: 02:03:10 16/07/2009
Quote:
#22 Posted: 11:00:35 16/07/2009

Charlie, take my super banana gun. Defeat the evil badies with joy chocolatey goodness! Charlie, beat them Charlie. Beat t'em!
---
#25 Posted: 02:52:16 16/07/2009
Quote:
#22 Posted: 11:00:35 16/07/2009

Charlie, take my super banana gun. Defeat the evil badies with joy chocolatey goodness! Charlie, beat them Charlie. Beat t'em!

EPIK FAIL...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#26 Posted: 13:24:21 16/07/2009
Quote: Poppy

Smart person. *hands Brownie*
#27 Posted: 16:23:42 16/07/2009
Quote:

A Think any game is better than original Spyro! How would you feal if someone said that? We are trying to end the War of Tlos vs. Originals, but how if your saying Tlos is stupid?
---
#28 Posted: 16:27:35 16/07/2009
Quote:

A Think any game is better than original Spyro! How would you feal if someone said that? We are trying to end the War of Tlos vs. Originals, but how if your saying Tlos is stupid?

Opinions, Fireball... We've agreed were only alowed to yell at them if they keep saying it...
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#29 Posted: 17:08:33 16/07/2009

ummmm no..... Pong anybody?

And now for something entirly different:

Yeah this isn't going to go any where with one programmer and a square block as a person... they'd have to take 10-15 years to make an orig. or LoS style game....
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
#30 Posted: 20:32:12 16/07/2009
Shut it, BTC! Your a original fantard! I'm tired of people saying mean things to me so just shut and quit saying that to everyone!
---
#31 Posted: 21:32:53 16/07/2009
Quote:

How would I "feal"? Learn some spelling and maybe i'll care about your opinions. :3
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#32 Posted: 21:37:55 16/07/2009
Shut it, BTC! Your a original fantard! I'm tired of people saying mean things to me so just shut and quit saying that to everyone!

It's a Joke. >>
Anyway, Fireball, people have opinions. It's only bad if they're Flaming other members for it. They're just stating their Opinions.
#33 Posted: 21:42:03 16/07/2009
Quote: spyro fan 8

It's a Joke. >>
Anyway, Fireball, people have opinions. It's only bad if they're Flaming other members for it. They're just stating their Opinions.

Yay.
Someone with sense comes aboard. :D
#34 Posted: 21:42:08 16/07/2009
I think the LOS series are better than the original series. It boils down to the preferences of the person.

See my sig for my preferences... If you may.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:45:15 16/07/2009 by Doppel
#35 Posted: 22:51:45 16/07/2009
The originals are for people who need tons of noise, explosions, and shiny objects in order to be entertained because they have rotted their brain too much playing mindless games.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#36 Posted: 00:55:57 17/07/2009

And then she rants out her "loss of luxuries" and why she gets modded all the time. She just brought it to herself by putting up childish insults. I agree with Fireball on this one. smilie

The originals are for people who need tons of noise, explosions, and shiny objects in order to be entertained because they have rotted their brain too much playing mindless games.

Though I kinda sense it a bit harsh, but whatever: Another quote for my guestbook! smilie
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#37 Posted: 04:33:15 17/07/2009

xD I just say the originals are childish, but your descriptions is funny.
Though tLoS isn't far behind it...
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#38 Posted: 09:33:42 17/07/2009

That actually sounds really cool. 8D

And you are a TLOS fantard. Who can't take opinions.

And the reason why you say that is because there made in the 90's. smilie TLOS is way to serious. And it is very lame. The story line is lame. I LOL'd at how lame Ignitus's death was. And it is full off button mashing. And people have been brainwashed into liking it's "mindlessly smashing one button and nearly killing the controller". I don't like the fact that so many people love button mashing and shooting games now! This is probably the worst era! I mean, lots off people in my class are talking about a game called "Call off Duty 3". I went to the video shop yesterday to see what is was, and it is a flipping MA15+ shooting game! What happened to solving puzzles and all that? T_T
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 09:50:44 17/07/2009 by Cynder_543
#39 Posted: 14:07:25 17/07/2009
Quote:
And you are a TLOS fantard. Who can't take opinions.

BTC's post (before it got modded and disappeared) wasn't opinion at all, not even logical nor reasonable: it was plain flat flaming.
black dragon Ripto Gems: 2470
#40 Posted: 16:04:08 17/07/2009

Don't, that will only get on peoples nerves and start a flame war.

As for Gradwing, of corse it makes you curious, with such little information.
#41 Posted: 17:49:15 17/07/2009
Quote: black dragon

I don't think it will be better than TLoS... I'm not trying to start an argument, I mean it in the sence that its being made in only like a few weeks (I think) and not by a major company... If you get what I mean, I'm not doubting it... Its just that its like... Not gonna be as big as TLoS... So what if people don't like TLoS... Its still gonna make more money than this game and its still gonna be more noticed than this game...
#42 Posted: 19:48:55 17/07/2009
Quote: bionicle2809

I don't think it will be better than TLoS... I'm not trying to start an argument, I mean it in the sence that its being made in only like a few weeks (I think) and not by a major company... If you get what I mean, I'm not doubting it... Its just that its like... Not gonna be as big as TLoS... So what if people don't like TLoS... Its still gonna make more money than this game and its still gonna be more noticed than this game...

That LoS was more profitable than this will be is a safe bet as Grandwing is likely to be free.

It would be nice if there was a community dedicated to developing Spyro fan games...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:17 17/07/2009 by Gwenio
#43 Posted: 19:54:50 17/07/2009

I have my rights to free speech, and obviously, the only way to end the war is to stop insisting that your side wins. And if you're going to act like this controversy is all there is to this world, your obviously too young to be on the internet.

You're making an ass out of yourself, flame the fandom, not the fans. You're only going to start a fight.
#44 Posted: 20:30:11 17/07/2009
Quote: Gwenio

That LoS was more profitable than this will be is a safe bet as Grandwing is likely to be free.

It would be nice if there was a community dedicated to developing Spyro fan games...

So true...
#45 Posted: 23:37:26 17/07/2009
Shut it! Would you like it if some called YOU a fantard, fantard?! So maybe you should think first before you say something.
---
#46 Posted: 00:16:10 18/07/2009
Once again, it has become a flam war about glorifying the originals to the point it believed to be better than Super Mario 64 and They Changed it Now it sucks, complaining about games some people haven't even played, DotD fantards, and an idiot who thinks that he can replicate a Spyro game with a GRIFFIN!! smilie
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
black dragon Ripto Gems: 2470
#47 Posted: 05:38:36 18/07/2009

So true...

Agree.

Fireball, shove it in a sock already. While Cookies post weren't the best, yours are just as bad.
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#48 Posted: 05:54:08 18/07/2009
Once again, it has become a flam war about glorifying the originals to the point it believed to be better than Super Mario 64 and They Changed it Now it sucks, complaining about games some people haven't even played, DotD fantards, and an idiot who thinks that he can replicate a Spyro game with a GRIFFIN!! smilie

I don't like TLOS just because "They change it". I wouldn't give a **** if they turned Spyro into a mouse and all the other characters into chickens! As long as the game doesn't turn into the exact operset to what it really is *points to TLOS*, and the characters don't have bad personality *glares at TLOS Spyro* I'm fine with it.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#49 Posted: 08:54:31 18/07/2009
i think the origonals are al best (exsept ETD wich i still like) but then ANB and TEN were both EPIC then DOTD just lost the plot and just sucked
#50 Posted: 17:36:06 18/07/2009

So true...

Agree.

If someone created a site for such a thing, I would join.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:59:07 18/07/2009 by Gwenio
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me