Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > I wish Insomniac were back :(
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
I wish Insomniac were back :( [CLOSED]
Dragongirl Blue Sparx Gems: 946
#1 Posted: 20:17:29 16/07/2009 | Topic Creator
Why don't they make more Spyro games Spyro has been losing popularity sience Insomniac left.If they are back Spyro will be popular again.The TLOS not saying they are bad but they ruined Spyro for me.smilie
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#2 Posted: 20:29:38 16/07/2009
They made Spyro better for me. The Originals are boring.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Dragongirl Blue Sparx Gems: 946
#3 Posted: 20:31:12 16/07/2009 | Topic Creator
I'm not sayin they're really bad but not how Spyro was ment to be.
Poppy Ripto Gems: 1021
#4 Posted: 21:40:58 16/07/2009
The little purple dragon who spouted fire and ran around collecting gems.
It was so awesome.
TLoS did a huge number on me and changed the way I saw him.
That... wasn't so awesome.
I'm not begging for them to make the original again, but I would like it to happen.
Doppel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1244
#5 Posted: 21:57:03 16/07/2009
Insomniac turned a bit violent now after their release of the Resistance series.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#6 Posted: 22:00:24 16/07/2009
Quote: Doppel
Insomniac turned a bit violent now after their release of the Resistance series.

Nahhh they released a FPS before Spyro
#7 Posted: 22:02:30 16/07/2009
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

Was it Disruptor? It was the first insomniac game I played. Not really that violent. Resistance was over the top. smilie

EDIT: Yeah it is Disruptor. I can say it had the Violence Level of Warhawk.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:04:55 16/07/2009 by Doppel
#8 Posted: 22:05:04 16/07/2009

Was it Disruptor? It was the first insomniac game I played. Not really that violent. Resistance was over the top. smilie

Lol I've seen a lot more violent games
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#9 Posted: 22:49:01 16/07/2009
Mature games involving violence of some kind and mature elements were around in the 80s, with one of the games developed by none other than Sierra.

Personally, I'm glad Insomniac dumped the series. They already were showing desperation just at the first one they made (why do you REALLY think you cold play as other characters at the end of the game?)

Remember, Gnorcs have proper hands....
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Eragon25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2019
#10 Posted: 00:44:45 17/07/2009
Quote: Fireball
They made Spyro better for me. The Originals are boring.

SHUN!SHUN THE NON BELIEVER!meh,i really think if Insomniac had kept Spyro they would have eventually made a Spyro game much like TLoS.and it would be AWSOME.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#11 Posted: 00:51:11 17/07/2009
I miss Insomniac's Spyro games, too, but they moved on and the franchise was passed to a different developer (several, actually). If you really enjoyed the original trilogy, I highly recommend the first Ratchet and Clank game. It's a bit more teen-oriented, but the gameplay is a lot like old-school Spyro. I'd also recommend Jak and Daxter: the Precursor Legacy, by Naughty Dog.
AssassinTyler Ripto Gems: 400
#12 Posted: 00:51:45 17/07/2009
insomniac were aswoam they kep it fun and differnt for the other games of the times
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#13 Posted: 01:05:12 17/07/2009
Quote: Dragongirl
Why don't they make more Spyro games Spyro has been losing popularity sience Insomniac left.If they are back Spyro will be popular again.The TLOS not saying they are bad but they ruined Spyro for me.smilie

They don't make Spyro games anymore because there wasn't alot they could do with him and plus, they had a three game contract with Universal. So when the contract expired they decided to move on and make Ratchet & Clank.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#14 Posted: 02:06:53 17/07/2009

Was it Disruptor? It was the first insomniac game I played. Not really that violent. Resistance was over the top. o_O

Lol I've seen a lot more violent games

Well, Ted Price mentioned "always wanting to make a REAL shooter" as motivation behind Resistance. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#15 Posted: 02:08:36 17/07/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
Mature games involving violence of some kind and mature elements were around in the 80s, with one of the games developed by none other than Sierra.

Personally, I'm glad Insomniac dumped the series. They already were showing desperation just at the first one they made (why do you REALLY think you cold play as other characters at the end of the game?)

I agree. Otherwise, we would see our favorite purple dragon carry a gun around, shooting things instead of what dragons normally do to enemies.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#16 Posted: 03:47:57 17/07/2009
Man...The originals really seem overrated now.
So does tLoS...
Most members make one or the other sound like "TEH BEST GAME DAT EVR WAZZZ!!!1!"

I personally want Spyro in the hands of a company that cares and WANTS to make the next game actually worth the time playing it...is that Insomniac?
I think not.
Just think of the reason WHY they sold the franchise. Doesn't sound all that caring, does it?
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#17 Posted: 04:00:50 17/07/2009
I agree. I want Insomniac back. Spyro started going down hill after YOTD....
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
K-Tech Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#18 Posted: 06:43:18 17/07/2009
I thought they still exist? Didn't they make Resistance Fall of Man?

Anyways, they move from platforms to the "in" thing now: Shoot disturbing things that breathe and watch tons of blood and gore, like that hasn't been done before, and yet gamers buy ANOTHER fps. To me once you've played a fps the first time, other titles get boring really quickly, like my first run of Halo *ducks*
---
I'm k-tech... and I approve this message.
#19 Posted: 07:20:53 17/07/2009
FPSs SUCK.
Platformers, if done correctly, are VERY fun. The problem is, very few are done well anymore.
---
Samius Hunter Gems: 9303
#20 Posted: 12:59:33 17/07/2009
^Damn you! FPS's are the best games ever!
#21 Posted: 14:05:37 17/07/2009
Quote: Aura24

I agree. Otherwise, we would see our favorite purple dragon carry a gun around, shooting things instead of what dragons normally do to enemies.

Didn't Agent 9 have a gun?
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#22 Posted: 14:42:20 17/07/2009
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
Just think of the reason WHY they sold the franchise. Doesn't sound all that caring, does it?

No they did not. They never owned the rights therefore they did not sell them.

In any case, they are quite low on my list for developers I would want to see make a Spyro game.
#23 Posted: 14:49:10 17/07/2009
Quote:

Yeah, but he wasn't Spyro.
Poppy Ripto Gems: 1021
#24 Posted: 14:50:58 17/07/2009
Quote: Aura24

A lazer gun.
#25 Posted: 15:44:04 17/07/2009
Quote:

Exactly.

Spyro carrying a gun would turn out to be a disaster. It would be ridiculously stupid.
Takoto Red Sparx Gems: 28
#26 Posted: 16:43:14 17/07/2009
Insomniac sold the rights I think, they probably felt like they couldn't do anymore with the series so they gave it up.
#27 Posted: 17:41:40 17/07/2009
Takoto, Insomniac never had the rights to Spyro. They were commissioned by Universal's gaming department after Universal commissioned an artist to design a dragon character that would appeal to kids. Insomniac's contract was for three games only and the company felt that they'd exhausted all of their ideas for the Spyro franchise (as Ted Price said, "(Spyro) has no thumbs. You can't hold a gun with no thumbs."

When Insomniac's contract was up, the company who has always owned Spyro moved the franchise to another developer and has been doing so ever since.
#28 Posted: 18:42:52 17/07/2009
Quote:

Still it was in a Spyro game
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#29 Posted: 18:43:55 17/07/2009
Quote: Dragongirl

shure imsoniac just put on dust the make spytro good look the fact is spyro is about the mony now not the heart and soul like disney
#30 Posted: 19:51:24 17/07/2009
Quote:

Still it was in a Spyro game

There were gnorcs with guns in the first game.
#31 Posted: 21:04:45 17/07/2009
Having a side character/enemy with a gun is different than having the main character with a gun. You play the main character, last time I checked. So, if the main character has a gun, you'd have to fight with the gun.
---
#32 Posted: 21:05:50 17/07/2009
Seriously, guys. If you really want to play "Spyro but with guns" play the first Ratchet and Clank. It really is a lot like the old Spyro games.
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#33 Posted: 23:27:55 17/07/2009
Yes Insomniac made great games. Those are some of the most charming and beautiful games I have played. The real shame is that now, Spyro has become the very thing that it parodied. It has now become a generic dragon fantasy game, and it's dull and boring.

However, I think the series is well beyond repair. Insomniac have moved onto "bigger things" (just like Naughty Dog) and Eurocom are still making nothing but movie games. The future is blunt for Spyro, but the series has had many great games and the Spyro universe is still there for you to go back and play it.
#34 Posted: 00:32:35 18/07/2009
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
Man...The originals really seem overrated now.
So does tLoS...
Most members make one or the other sound like "TEH BEST GAME DAT EVR WAZZZ!!!1!"

I personally want Spyro in the hands of a company that cares and WANTS to make the next game actually worth the time playing it...is that Insomniac?
I think not.

Well outside of the last bit of misinformation, I agree with on this issue a lot.

I mean Sierra could of made LoS good, but look at what kind of games they developed beforehand; just adventure games, not platformers/action adventure games in 3D (which there is nothing wrong there, but there is a difference in the genres).

As for Insomniac, they're just cheapskates and half-minded developers who's all about shooters. I'm very disgusted to see that a thing like a dragon couldn't be used to it's max potential because "he doesn't have thumbs to hold a gun!" (Although the biggest thing that offends me about Insomniac is that they gave a professional musician Garage Band to make an entire soundtrack spanning three games. If you're wondering why this is so important; I want to be a VG musician).

Seriously, we just need developers who are willing to work together and not let the ego get in the way. I've already proposed up an idea to everyone here that I thought would be great, but I got booed off the stage about it.

And before you gripe about me bashin' your originals, you need to click on this: http://blackdragonaj89.deviant...arbor-128996175 (it's just music, so it's harmless)
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
sillyworld Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#35 Posted: 21:57:49 20/07/2009
Quote: Takoto
Insomniac sold the rights I think, they probably felt like they couldn't do anymore with the series so they gave it up.

They were crazy to do that!
#36 Posted: 22:01:00 20/07/2009
Quote: sillyworld

Except they didn't. Do not allow yourself to be misinformed, they never had the rights to Spyro.
sillyworld Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#37 Posted: 22:08:17 20/07/2009
Quote: Gwenio

Except they didn't. Do not allow yourself to be misinformed, they never had the rights to Spyro.

what the hell are you talking about? smilie
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#38 Posted: 22:14:28 20/07/2009
Universal game have the rights to Spyro and their decision on what game company develops Spyro, at last I think that's how it works.
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
#39 Posted: 22:47:02 20/07/2009
Quote: Gwenio

what the hell are you talking about? smilie

Insomniac Games created Spyro the Dragon but never actually owned him. Sony marketed and distributed the games but Universal was officially the publisher and retained the rights to Spyro.
#40 Posted: 23:29:46 20/07/2009
Insomniac didn't even create Spyro himself. That was commissioned work from Charles Zimbilla (I think that's his name... *points to user icon* That's his concept art for the little guy). Insomniac was just the first developer company Universal contracted to work on the franchise.
#41 Posted: 15:43:02 21/07/2009
I don't see why people are going ballistic about guns in a Spyro game. Last I checked, the dragon could man turrets, tanks, UFOs, turret motor boats and other weird flying/shooting contraptions. Get over it, people. <.<;
---
#42 Posted: 20:10:19 21/07/2009
Quote: HIR
I don't see why people are going ballistic about guns in a Spyro game. Last I checked, the dragon could man turrets, tanks, UFOs, turret motor boats and other weird flying/shooting contraptions. Get over it, people. <.<;

Exactly. In fact, the more you look at it, Spyro really didn't need thumbs to main war vehicles, but to not be a dragon or act like one (since dragons can breathe fire or use elemental attacks, have claws, fly, have teeth, muscle, tail spikes, and tough skin), because a dragon is going to be cooler than guns anyday. Because after all, guns a pretty cliche after the overuse in medias for over the past 60 years.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#43 Posted: 21:36:46 21/07/2009

Exactly. In fact, the more you look at it, Spyro really didn't need thumbs to main war vehicles, but to not be a dragon or act like one (since dragons can breathe fire or use elemental attacks, have claws, fly, have teeth, muscle, tail spikes, and tough skin), because a dragon is going to be cooler than guns anyday. Because after all, guns a pretty cliche after the overuse in medias for over the past 60 years.

He even drove a mine cart in ANB! smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#44 Posted: 22:54:08 21/07/2009
Oh yeah, I forgot about that! :3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#45 Posted: 01:30:25 22/07/2009
And let's not forget... he knows how to fix a cannon/catapult thingamajig! <.<;
---
#46 Posted: 02:41:41 22/07/2009
And for those who complain about an anthro Spyro...

Just when in the heck (or last time I checked), did dragons talk, have relationships, drive vehicles, know about human-like things, use skateboards, have family values, be emo, fall in love, like pizza, and 100 other things that humans do?

Face it, Spyro is anthro, he's just not humanoid in shape/build.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#47 Posted: 17:23:59 22/07/2009
Technically, anything with human characteristics or which can be construed has having such is anthropomorphic. That is, in fact, what the word means: human-like.

The more you know. *rainbow star floats by* smilie
#48 Posted: 18:30:37 22/07/2009

Just when in the heck (or last time I checked), did dragons talk, have relationships, drive vehicles, know about human-like things, use skateboards, have family values, be emo, fall in love, like pizza, and 100 other things that humans do?

Let's not forget the big clincher... wearing clothing (*glares at Shadow Legacy*). e_e
---
#49 Posted: 22:18:44 22/07/2009

Let's not forget the big clincher... wearing clothing (*glares at Shadow Legacy*). e_e

Indeed...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#50 Posted: 23:35:20 22/07/2009
I know of some petitions you can sign to get old Spyro back:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...&page=1#1005749
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me