Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 5 of 6 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
DotD Cynder [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#201 Posted: 04:57:08 28/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Well, even if Spyro and Cynder helped in the war in DotD, they are still some inhabitants who are probably still afraid of Cynder because of what happened in ANB.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Samius Hunter Gems: 9303
#202 Posted: 09:41:49 28/06/2009
Yeh, but a world without a villain doesn't work, so who knows? She might turn evil again..
Or Malefor could suddenly reappear..
Or both!
Propably, but then again, who knows.. There might be a whole new villain this time, though it could be a total failure..

And I don't mind the romance, there could just be less of it..
Leetdero Red Sparx Gems: 76
#203 Posted: 12:04:56 28/06/2009
O God. Malefor has been in three games. He can't come back again. It would be stupid. Definite on Cynder being th freaky evil genious
---
Hey kids, I have this new hard to find hack that I would like to show you. It's called skill
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#204 Posted: 15:44:26 28/06/2009
...I'm almost to the point of just saying end the series already.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#205 Posted: 16:25:13 28/06/2009
Why, wasn't it the purpose of the tree last games to introduce a new world and characters for future Spyro games?
#206 Posted: 16:26:26 28/06/2009
Yeah, but based on where DotD led, the story's either over, or it's most likely going to lead into one of the most cliche games the world has ever seen.
---
#207 Posted: 16:38:04 28/06/2009
Yeah, that might be the case. Anyway, I certainly hope the next game would be decent..

As far as I know, it's going to be TLoS..
Feral_Miskunn Blue Sparx Gems: 976
#208 Posted: 19:25:05 28/06/2009
i think a big reason why people like Cynder is that she is the only spyro female dragon to be a central character who actually played a part in a big way... on DoTD she has actual gameplay but just in terms of screen time shes something you can follow... if Ember had had more time in aht then people would have liked her too...
---
Faith Hope Love and the greatest of these is Love
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#209 Posted: 21:58:35 28/06/2009
^True; if there were more females, then we'd be hearing a different tune.

Unfortunately though, the Smurfette Principle is at play here. =(
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
xSPYROTHEDRAGON Green Sparx Gems: 435
#210 Posted: 22:35:45 28/06/2009
jeah in my opinion It's a pity, that there are no more female dragons in DotD that would have been better^^
---
My Deviantart
spirits never die, that why I'll persist forever!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#211 Posted: 01:25:12 29/06/2009
I just don't see what direction they could possibly go in the future with the LoS universe. They seemed to narrow the "open path" they tried to establish with a reboot, thanks to DotD.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#212 Posted: 02:16:17 29/06/2009
True...

I KNOW!

Let's get Miyamoto to figure up an idea... smilie
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#213 Posted: 02:26:57 29/06/2009
Quote: xSPYROTHEDRAGON
jeah in my opinion It's a pity, that there are no more female dragons in DotD that would have been bettersmilie

Why do we need female characters at all?

And I'm not looking for the -becausetheyllalldiewithoutfemales- answer, I was asking if having a main character who's a girl is really all that important in Spyro.
---
#214 Posted: 05:13:13 29/06/2009
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
Quote: xSPYROTHEDRAGON
jeah in my opinion It's a pity, that there are no more female dragons in DotD that would have been bettersmilie

Why do we need female characters at all?

And I'm not looking for the -becausetheyllalldiewithoutfemales- answer, I was asking if having a main character who's a girl is really all that important in Spyro.

Well considering how society has become... yeah, it is kind of important to start having female leads.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#215 Posted: 05:34:21 29/06/2009
I personally think most VG females ruin the games.
By either being annoying, too romantic, or cliche.
Or in most cases, all of the above.
---
Poppy Ripto Gems: 1021
#216 Posted: 05:39:42 29/06/2009
I personally think most VG females ruin the games.
By either being annoying, too romantic, or cliche.
Or in most cases, all of the above.

Yes. Most do.
And some just have a personality no one really likes... I don't like Cynder's personality too much. It's too... I don't know how to say it.
>_>
#217 Posted: 05:48:45 29/06/2009
Mary Sue. She's a Mary Sue.
---
#218 Posted: 05:49:10 29/06/2009 | Topic Creator
The only thing I don't like is Cynder's current design and personality. EL literally ruined the character by making her look older, unlike her ANB and TEN forms. If the game was made a little longer, she wouldn't have such a sudden, sassy attitude.

Her personality was a little different in this mini cartoon. If only DotD Cynder had kept that same personality TEN Cynder had in this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkh8UxIVvUI
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:13:57 29/06/2009 by Aura24
#219 Posted: 18:47:45 29/06/2009
Mary Sue. She's a Mary Sue.

Only because she's the only female.

You want a Mary Sue/Marty Sue??

Here's a posterboy right here:
[User Posted Image]

Overly badass? Yup. Cynder might be, but she fails.

Dark Past? With Wolf, very likely, Cynder was just kidnapped and made into a slave by Malefor.

Always wins? WOLF WINS ALL THE TIME EVEN IF HE GETS HIS REAR HANDED TO HIM. Cynder got her butt kicked severely though.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#220 Posted: 19:49:34 29/06/2009
Quote: Aura24
The only thing I don't like is Cynder's current design and personality. EL literally ruined the character by making her look older, unlike her ANB and TEN forms. If the game was made a little longer, she wouldn't have such a sudden, sassy attitude.

Her personality was a little different in this mini cartoon. If only DotD Cynder had kept that same personality TEN Cynder had in this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkh8UxIVvUI

I thought the mini cartoon was cute. And I like Cynder in it, too.

To me she seemed more cheerful, without a care in the world in the beginning and looked impressed with Spyro's skills in the end.

She supported him through and through, whoo! smilie
#221 Posted: 20:31:15 29/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Wish Cynder had that same kind of personality in DotD.
---
#222 Posted: 21:29:02 29/06/2009
Wish Cynder had that same kind of personality in DotD.

Well, blame the executives, not the character.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#223 Posted: 22:11:15 29/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Guys, check this quote out from the Activision Spyro forums. Sethisto is still clueless as a three year old, and most of us have been annoyed by him.

I think the fact that Cynder suddenly turned into a mega hottie is a pretty big portion of the new game!

He obviously doesn't have a life, if he only thinks about DotD Cynder every day. Ugh...
---
#224 Posted: 22:28:15 29/06/2009
Guys, check this quote out from the Activision Spyro forums. Sethisto is still clueless as a three year old, and most of us have been annoyed by him.

I think the fact that Cynder suddenly turned into a mega hottie is a pretty big portion of the new game!

He obviously doesn't have a life, if he only thinks about DotD Cynder every day. Ugh...

This is what I say.

The fact that they ruined the hottie Cynder was by turning her into another annoying hatchling like Spyro back in ANB was what bothered me.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#225 Posted: 02:00:01 30/06/2009
The only problem is... how can you kill her off/turn her evil again without Spyro succumbing to the dreaded "Cloud Strife syndrome?" (don't kill me, FF7 fanboys!) >.>
---
#226 Posted: 03:15:04 30/06/2009
Don't worry HIR, I don't even know what it is... =/
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#227 Posted: 16:20:29 30/06/2009
Quote: HIR
The only problem is... how can you kill her off/turn her evil again without Spyro succumbing to the dreaded "Cloud Strife syndrome?" (don't kill me, FF7 fanboys!) >.>

Rawr >:3

I could go off on a lecture about this "Cloud Strife Syndrome"...but *yawn*
---
CynderIstheBest Red Sparx Gems: 74
#228 Posted: 21:17:48 29/07/2009
I think she looks sexy, but that doesn`t mean no-one loves her! I think it`s her personality that makes everybody drool over her.
#229 Posted: 22:17:15 29/07/2009 | Topic Creator
I don't think it's her personality, I think it's because of DotD Cynder's hourglass-shaped body is what most Cyntards are drooling over. And I've seen one of them talking about her tail and chest way too much on the other Spyro forum.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:21:30 29/07/2009 by Aura24
#230 Posted: 23:11:06 29/07/2009
This topic was dead just a few weeks ago...

Oh well.

[User Posted Image]
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#231 Posted: 23:21:14 29/07/2009 | Topic Creator
CynderIsTheBest bumped it.
---
#232 Posted: 03:13:23 30/07/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
This topic was dead just a few weeks ago...

Oh well.

[User Posted Image]

KOOPA FOOTBALL PLAYERS...

IT'S LIKE THEY SAY IN BROOKLYN, EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO CATCH THE WORM... OR IS IT THE BAGEL?
---
#233 Posted: 05:05:06 30/07/2009
Fireballs, YUM YUM!!

SPAM TOWER!!

[User Posted Image]
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#234 Posted: 09:19:37 30/07/2009
DotD Cynder. Sure she's beautiful and strikingly resembles her adult form from ANB, with a sudden change of personality and another change of voice actors. What makes me a little mad is that how the audience feels towards her, seeing her as 'sexy and more attractive' than her other forms.

To me, DotD Cynder isn't the real Cynder we remember, who doesn't have fans obsessing over her design and a inexperienced voice actor. She was WAY better when she didn't have the fans drooling over her. I mean, if Cynder became little again in the next Spyro games, would the fans stop loving Cynder just because she doesn't look sexy anymore? That doesn't make any sense at all.

It makes me sad really....

cynder in DOTD looked UGLY she reminds me of a crow and voice actor sounded like a bratty 6 year old
#235 Posted: 23:29:33 30/07/2009 | Topic Creator
And she's not suppose to look like that. EL screw up her design and made her look nothing like her adult form in ANB.
---
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#236 Posted: 23:53:10 30/07/2009
Here's a quote from Sethisto about us being annoyed with him and his DotD Cynder obsession on the Activision Spyro forums.

It's found on here:
http://forums.vgames.com/viewt...4c865a5e124e922

I think there's a little bit of an over reaction going on here ;p

People obsessing over Cynder doesn't "seriously damage" anyone... holy *. Shes a female character, who they just so happened to add curves to. Just like midna, or krystal, or renamon. People will obsess, especially bored mmo addicts like myself who will never find a real girl.

and furrys, furrys love Cynder.

EL probably didn't think people would go emocrazy over the fact that people love their character, and hate them for making her actually look good... instead of her TEN self who was flat boring and ugly. Few noticed her back then, and few noticed the game. New graphics/new Cynder brought in a whole crowd of people. They had sales figures up on one of those other spyro forums a while back, and DOTD pretty much doubled the first 2 games combined.

If anything you should thank EL, and new Cynder for making the game so successful. This will almost guarantee another game after their movie is released. Assuming they keep Cynder a hottie in the movie too!

This guy doesn't make any sense! It's not just DotD Cynder that made the game successful. And he's clueless of why DotD Cynder fantards are ruining Cynder's character. smilie

And TEN Cynder has been noticed!

It seems that individual is speaking gibberish.
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
#237 Posted: 02:45:07 31/07/2009
And she's not suppose to look like that. EL screw up her design and made her look nothing like her adult form in ANB.

Because the adult form is actually supposed to seductive and eye catching...

Again, how can anyone can think of an underage character as sexy.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#238 Posted: 03:07:49 31/07/2009
VIDEO GAME LOGIC...

...the more you think about it, the more it hurts the head. <.<;
---
#239 Posted: 03:36:02 31/07/2009 | Topic Creator

Only people who fantasizes dragonesses as real ones with chests and sexy things about them.
---
#240 Posted: 05:42:21 31/07/2009

Only people who fantasizes dragonesses as real ones with chests and sexy things about them.

I was just talking about underage characters in general... heck I'm guilty of the whole dragoness thing, but I do know that there's no such thing.

Because if dragons were real, we wouldn't need video games and real life would be awesome (like it isn't already).

AND YES HIR, MY HEAD DOES HURT!!
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#241 Posted: 19:47:26 31/07/2009 | Topic Creator
If we're going to see that slutty DotD Cynder in the next game, they could at least have her TEN form have a cameo or something. Or maybe change just her personality back to what it should be.
---
Cynder 19000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1822
#242 Posted: 01:14:18 01/08/2009
i like cynder but im not one of those CRAZY peaple i like her because she SEEMS to have a nice persoality[i probaly dident spell that right but o well]and she cute[as in dog cute] and if they were to change her back i would still play the game and if peaple stoped playing the game there not true Spyro fans/Cynder fans i wonder what the CRAZY peaple would do if they take cynder out compleatly[I know i dident spell that right IM A BAD SPELLER] i preafer that they dont.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
Cynder 19000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1822
#243 Posted: 01:24:55 01/08/2009
Quote: DARK CINDER
DotD Cynder. Sure she's beautiful and strikingly resembles her adult form from ANB, with a sudden change of personality and another change of voice actors. What makes me a little mad is that how the audience feels towards her, seeing her as 'sexy and more attractive' than her other forms.

To me, DotD Cynder isn't the real Cynder we remember, who doesn't have fans obsessing over her design and a inexperienced voice actor. She was WAY better when she didn't have the fans drooling over her. I mean, if Cynder became little again in the next Spyro games, would the fans stop loving Cynder just because she doesn't look sexy anymore? That doesn't make any sense at all.

It makes me sad really....

cynder in DOTD looked UGLY she reminds me of a crow and voice actor sounded like a bratty 6 year old

to me cynder dident look ugly but OMG some peaple are WAY WAY WAY WAY to CRAZY AND I MEAN WAY TO CRAZY on some other spyro website called spyro fourm or something like that OMG this person is the MOST CRAZY person i have ever seen
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#244 Posted: 01:42:02 01/08/2009 | Topic Creator
You mean Sethisto? Yeah, he's the only known Cyntard around the Spyro forums who brags and talks about how sexy Cynder is. Good thing he's not on Darkspyro.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:44:25 01/08/2009 by Aura24
#245 Posted: 02:21:39 01/08/2009
And then there's wackos like me...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#246 Posted: 02:23:30 01/08/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, but you guys don't talk too much about DotD Cynder, especially not talking her body and all.
---
#247 Posted: 02:29:57 01/08/2009
True true, but I wouldn't be surprised if people did complain about my doings of anthro dark Cynder, especially those who find it just weird that a person likes a fictional character.

Granted, I don't shove down anyone's throat, I know that X character isn't real, but I've seen many a flame war over the fact that thinking any fictional character and liking them in anyway is wrong (but then that's on Gamespot/GameFAQs).
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#248 Posted: 03:27:43 08/08/2009 | Topic Creator
Those fans who are obsessed with DotD Cynder probably have nothing better to do than just stare at her body and talk about her all day long. Sad really...

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed Cynder's personality to match Christina Ricci's.
---
#249 Posted: 05:49:50 08/08/2009
Those fans who are obsessed with DotD Cynder probably have nothing better to do than just stare at her body and talk about her all day long. Sad really...

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed Cynder's personality to match Christina Ricci's.

Well I know I changed Cynder's personality to match Cree Summers...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#250 Posted: 12:57:55 08/08/2009
yeah cynder is beutifull. but not to drool over. thats just wrong, shes a dragon! i just dont understand some boys these days. i like her for her personallity n shes kinda cool. over all shes my fave character along with ignitus.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 6 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me