Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > news on the next Spyro game.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
news on the next Spyro game. [CLOSED]
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#51 Posted: 02:00:26 21/06/2009
Oh, let's not forgot the new publishers for Spyro seem to be making news headlines every freaking day because of their CEO's stupid decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if he throws Spyro away... especially with this movie coming up. =_="
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
spyro1714 Green Sparx Gems: 378
#52 Posted: 02:40:53 21/06/2009
It saved spyro because if you look at user ratings and fan sales were much better than AHT and especially EtD which is considered mudh worse than TLoS by everyone.

It also was turned into a movie which i am optomistic about but even if it is bad little kids will like it and buy spyro games because little kids love movies with talking animals and such.

So to a certain extent it did save spyro.

By the way ANB won some award I just can't remember what for which AHT didn't.

Thats how it saved Spyro.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#53 Posted: 02:59:23 21/06/2009
HEY! I'm a little kid! *Sucks finger like baby*

(I'm 10)
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#54 Posted: 15:30:03 21/06/2009
Quote: spyro1714
It also was turned into a movie which i am optomistic about but even if it is bad little kids will like it and buy spyro games because little kids love movies with talking animals and such.

Have you ever seen what happens to video games that get turned into movies? They rarely... and I mean RARELY turn out OK. They are usually dreadful. I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you (Rotten Tomato will probably not show any positive reviews for that movie if your were to go look for it).

No, it did not. It was nominated by Nintendo Power for Best Music... but lost to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Thus proving once again how classic game series from the 80s are far superior to series like Spyro. >.>
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#55 Posted: 08:45:06 22/06/2009
^Classic games like the Faces of EVIL?

Link it is written that this game is horrible.

Gee it sure is Wrong about my franchise history

Mah boi all true franchises f^&^ up.
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#56 Posted: 18:46:16 22/06/2009
Quote: HIR

Have you ever seen what happens to video games that get turned into movies? They rarely... and I mean RARELY turn out OK. They are usually dreadful. I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you (Rotten Tomato will probably not show any positive reviews for that movie if your were to go look for it).

No, it did not. It was nominated by Nintendo Power for Best Music... but lost to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Thus proving once again how classic game series from the 80s are far superior to series like Spyro. >.>

REMEMBER the SUPER MARIO BROS. movie?! Yes, that's living proof that games make a poor translation to the movie screen. Have you seen Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy, or something by Uwe Bowl? Games should just be left as is in my opinion.

And yes, like HIR said, a CLASSIC from the 80s will kick some CRAP from the 90s rear and send it out of the ring. Heck, good ol' Link has done a ton of innovative things considering that his franchise practically invented the fantasy RPG genre. All Spyro ever was to begin with was a spoof of Sonic mixed up with the gameplay of Banjo & Kazooie, minus the memorable music (Seriously Insomniac, GARAGE BAND?! Might as well gave a professional musician who was a member of a famous rock band a rattle then when you consider that there were better programs out there).

In a way, the Legends saved Spyro by tacking him from a tacky jerkass attitude the whatever stu to a more fleshed out kid who you could actually believe to be a dragon. Still though, he can't beat the plumber, the elf in tights, kids with physic powers, secret agents in bandannas, chicobos, vampire hunters, skyscrapers, or Bill Gates because of the reputation from the 90s and the fact that it's still a young franchise, younger than Pokemon.

Now for those who say this is not true or are bringing up the CDi examples, then just have no idea of just how big the fandoms are of these "overrated 80s franchises".

Now if you really want to find a classic from the 90s, try Blast Corps., Earthbound,-oh wait, Earthbound is part of the Mother series, which started in the 80s. Guess I can't go on anymore.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#57 Posted: 22:42:51 22/06/2009
Only problem with Spyro's new personality... he doesn't have one. Imagine Sonic the Hedgehog doing exactly everything he was told with out so much as a fuss. Yeah, I know... it scares me too. T_T
---
#58 Posted: 01:35:02 23/06/2009
Sounds like a 50s kid. smilie
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#59 Posted: 03:26:19 23/06/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
...with the gameplay of Banjo & Kazooie, minus the memorable music

Grant Kirkhope FTW! Shame he left Rare after Nuts & Bolts. The orchestrated versions of Grunty's theme were kickass...

...Oh yeah, I suppose D. Wise and R. Beanland are pretty good too. <.<;
---
#60 Posted: 04:08:13 23/06/2009
All i was originally trying to say was TLoS was intended to save spyro, and in a way it did. Now they should continue TLos or the originals, not add a new story in as Leetdaro and others suggested.
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#61 Posted: 11:24:57 23/06/2009
Or, they could go back to the originals, but add in some combat/button mashing (but not too much) to make the TLOS fans happy. =\
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#62 Posted: 14:26:52 23/06/2009
This is a Rumor I heard at Spyroforum.......
The nest game might be called:
Spyro: Revenge of the Dragon (It could be Malefor's revenge, or the Sorcerer's revenge.
---
#63 Posted: 16:51:11 23/06/2009
Fiewball, could you give us a link to that forum or at least give us the website.
#64 Posted: 21:47:37 23/06/2009
Quote: Fireball
This is a Rumor I heard at Spyroforum.......
The nest game might be called:
Spyro: Revenge of the Dragon (It could be Malefor's revenge, or the Sorcerer's revenge.

Highly doubt it. Way too clichéd. ¬_¬
---
#65 Posted: 21:49:22 23/06/2009
I don't remember where I saw it, but I saw it somewhere on Spyroforum.com
---
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#66 Posted: 21:50:23 23/06/2009
[quote=HIRHighly doubt it. Way too clichéd. smilie[/quote]

Well, isn't the Legend series already way too cliched?
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#67 Posted: 21:54:30 23/06/2009
Yes, but there are some things that are just the MOTHER of all clichés for an overly-clichéd story. And bringing Malefor back would be exactly that which the series doesn't need. >.>
---
#68 Posted: 03:26:36 24/06/2009
^Exactly...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#69 Posted: 14:01:36 24/06/2009
I'll agree and just drop in the fact that DotD sold over a million copies over all platforms in it's fist 10 weeks... after that my sourse site stoped keeping track... www.vgchartz.com

1.47 million games sold.... not too bad... smilie
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
#70 Posted: 15:29:15 24/06/2009
Keep in mind though it's been released on FIVE... count 'em FIVE (Wii, PS3, PS2, 360, DS) different consoles. Those are actually not very impressive numbers when compared to awesome first party exclusives like Halo, Mario or Zelda on their respective consoles. e_e
---
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#71 Posted: 17:00:57 24/06/2009
yeah but still... It did get spyro the that # of people... lol... that and the orig. sold almost exaclt 2x more on the PS1 only... Still not there but it's getting close... tEN only got out to .25 mil... so it's been going ^ at least...
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
#72 Posted: 18:57:03 24/06/2009
Yeah... but DotD was released on more consoles than TEN was. If you're a video game company trying to make as much cash as you can from a game, you'll want to put it on every console possible, sacrificing the idea of perfecting gameplay for one or two consoles in return for crappy gameplay but on more consoles, no? >.>
---
#73 Posted: 19:05:01 24/06/2009
HIR does have a point. That's roughly 20,000 copies per console. That's how many copies of Brawl were sold within a day, on the American release (even if Brawl isn't all that perfect).

Proof that Mario is indeed, the true mascot of gaming.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#74 Posted: 20:18:15 24/06/2009
Brawl isn't about Mario!
smilie

I think Tlos was better.

I believe this title will be the next title.
---
#75 Posted: 21:33:30 24/06/2009
I think Tlos was better.

Better... than Brawl? 0.o

*world explodes*
---
#76 Posted: 22:33:43 24/06/2009
I think Tlos was better.

Better... than Brawl? 0.o

*world explodes*

Don't worry, I'll fix it back up! (uses glue, duct tape, and the power of rock to rebuild the world).

Dude, we're talking about SUPA SMAT BROTAS BRAAWWWLL!!! That is the greatest celebrations of Nintendoh's history!!

Until Fat O'Donnell calls forth his Fail Master

"WE'RB GONNA AB PUN WHIT DIS TING!!" (speaking of which, does anyone know where that video is when Wolf dies in the Landmaster on Yoshi's Island because of those blocks?)

x_x

And that's only the surface on that one folks. Proof that even the masters can make mistakes.

But I still doubt LoS would be better than the Smash series, just because of the facts 1) Two completely different games and 2) Smash is collection of multiple characters and worlds which makes it cool.

Now, which of these two trilogies has the best story:

The Legend of Spyro or the Mother Series?
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#77 Posted: 23:40:55 24/06/2009
Mother... at least 2 and 3 because I've never played the original. <.<;
---
#78 Posted: 04:29:37 25/06/2009
Mother... at least 2 and 3 because I've never played the original. <.<;

Well, being that I've played Earthbound (Mother 2), I'd say it's better just from that little sample of the series.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me