Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
DotD Cynder [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 03:09:14 13/05/2009 | Topic Creator
DotD Cynder. Sure she's beautiful and strikingly resembles her adult form from ANB, with a sudden change of personality and another change of voice actors. What makes me a little mad is that how the audience feels towards her, seeing her as 'sexy and more attractive' than her other forms.

To me, DotD Cynder isn't the real Cynder we remember, who doesn't have fans obsessing over her design and a inexperienced voice actor. She was WAY better when she didn't have the fans drooling over her. I mean, if Cynder became little again in the next Spyro games, would the fans stop loving Cynder just because she doesn't look sexy anymore? That doesn't make any sense at all.

It makes me sad really....
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#2 Posted: 06:19:32 13/05/2009
I like Cynder but I don't drool over her because she is sexy. I just like her for who she is. The main reason why I liked her was because off her personality. But DOTD Cynder made me think she isn't that great as she used to be...
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
randomwarrior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#3 Posted: 06:46:46 13/05/2009
I did prefer her original TEN style compared to her DOTD one. Her voice actress bugs me. Loads. I. Hate. Her. Actress. Hate. Her. And I believe that her new personality was a huge jump from her TEN persona. (Even if she only had faint parts.)

The jump was huge for me and I'm not liking her Mary-Sueish attitude. I think that Cynder had a nice load of room for development in her TEN state but I believe that it knocked away in her DOTD parts.

I mean ... she wasn't very secure in TEN, right? And now she's quite a bit outgoing and possibly an extrovert? (Eh?)

I don't think that it has much to do with her new appearance ... they basically just put her on a diet and shoved her in to go. She looks so fragile that a single blow could knock her off her own feet.

*Holds up Cyndishfangurl shield.*
---
"You have too many roads, demolish them and replace them with streets to save on maintenance.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING, YOU WILL REGRET THIS"
#4 Posted: 17:29:15 13/05/2009 | Topic Creator
I feel the same way. I mean, DotD Cynder is like a Mary-Sue version of the LoS Cynder we know. She doesn't have those iron jewelry, that had suddenly appeared on her while she was trapped in crystal. Plus, she has an inexperienced voice actor. Remember, it was ANB Cynder that appeared in the very start of the trilogy, and the fans who are obsessing over her, seem to have forgotten her and TEN Cynder, just because they like how sexy DotD Cynder looks.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#5 Posted: 18:05:17 13/05/2009
Quote: Aura24
DotD Cynder. Sure she's beautiful and strikingly resembles her adult form from ANB, with a sudden change of personality and another change of voice actors. What makes me a little mad is that how the audience feels towards her, seeing her as 'sexy and more attractive' than her other forms.

To me, DotD Cynder isn't the real Cynder we remember, who doesn't have fans obsessing over her design and a inexperienced voice actor. She was WAY better when she didn't have the fans drooling over her. I mean, if Cynder became little again in the next Spyro games, would the fans stop loving Cynder just because she doesn't look sexy anymore? That doesn't make any sense at all.

It makes me sad really....

Crap... Im... Kinda guilty of that... And I kinda know what I've done wrong and stuff...
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#6 Posted: 19:58:25 13/05/2009
Dark Cynder > DotD Cynder.

Primarily because I hate kid heroes. smilie
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#7 Posted: 21:42:31 13/05/2009
i say the opposite of randomwarrior...

I prefer DotD design and the Dotd voice....

I've know who the TEN voice actor is, but it just didn't work for Cynder...
Elazar Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#8 Posted: 21:54:20 13/05/2009
I'm not entirely sure what the big deal is.. I mean everone complaining about her appearance, and voice changing. I for one like it because it adds a NATURAL effect to the games. Spyro, Sparx and Cynder are all older in DoTD then they wre in TEN. So on that it would be natural for their voice to undergo a bit of a change, and for tehir appearance appearance to change. If anyone were to have looked on Wiki, they would have seen that Cynders true form as was the dark purple and rose color that we saw in DoTD. Her black for was while she was still ensrouded with evil.

I also think she does look better and not because of other ways previoslu mentioned here. Her features stand out better with her coloration the way it is and her physical attributes have also been enhanced to atcually make her look like a real dragon instead of a pixelated one like the first to games. I'm also not entirely sure what everyone sees wrong her her personality. I love her attitude in DoTD and I dodn't really notice much of a change from ANB, If you'd look, they are almost identical. The only main difference is that in ANB she didn't have any real chance of showing her personality like she could in DoTD because we weren't exposed to her enough, and in TEN, Cynder is still getting used to being around everone else so she is going to be a bit hesitent in that aspect as well.

Overall, I think that everything that was done was great in regards to the character changes that were made. Could the voice acting for Cynder be better, yes. Maybe someone with a bit more inflextion to really sharpen her personality, however, what can you really expect from Sierra at that point in time with the finantial crisis that the fell into, they had to go with what they could afford, and activision couldn't really do anything about it when they took over the spyro project because the game was already nearly completely and due for retail, I believe only four or five months after the merge between Sierra and activision was complete. There is nothing wrong with Cynder in any of the LoS games. She's just starting to grow up. Which is something I'm happy to see because I want to see them extend thid franchise into their adult hood.
#9 Posted: 22:05:05 13/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Actually, it was the change of game developers that is responsible for Cynder's design and coloration. She hasn't grown, since she's still the same size as she was in TEN. Krome wasn't planning on making her look like a teenager, but Sierra thought it would be a good idea to make her and Spyro look like teens in DotD to make the game epic, even when they were not suppose to look grown up in the first place, especially during a story trilogy.

Sure, Christina Ricci did a nice job as DotD Cynder, but she sounded emotionless in some parts of the game, as a sign that she's an inexperienced voice actor. Now, Cree Summer and Mae Whitman are experienced voice actors, and they didn't sound emotionless in any of Cynder's lines.
---
Elazar Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#10 Posted: 23:01:52 13/05/2009
I like what they did personally. Whether it was intentional or not, It made things more realistic to shoe them aging through something expecially with the three year gap. I'll agree some parts you could tell she was inexperienced, but I ask you this, how is someone supposed to "gain" Experience if no one is willing to give them a shot. Like I said Sierra was running low on funds and got who they could afford. Now this actress knows what she needs to work on to get better. but please, Cree Summer and Mae Whitman were at one point just as experienceless as Christina Ricci. Cut her some slack.
#11 Posted: 23:06:34 13/05/2009
Well that'll suck if the makers say that they haven't grown at all.
It'd probably be better storyline if they were older.

Yeah, I understand the whole complaint that they have grown chronologically and not physically...and it's dumb...if the Dev's are gonna change the way they look (and by that I mean look older ) then they should've just gone with "They are older." instead of keeping us in the dark, complaining at other people saying,
- "They didn't grow at all."
- "They grew only by time."
- "They have fully change within those 3 years."
---I don't care about any crystal, that thing was a power, not an actual mineral
JAK Emerald Sparx Gems: 3034
#12 Posted: 23:19:19 13/05/2009
Don't nail me for bein' a guy. But Cynder DotD style is my fav. She seems more developed as a character.

In ANB she was just a boss/filler character,

And in TEN she seemed like a passive storyline character.

But in DotD is like Co-Star! I'd have to say the voice acter in DotD should stick. I like that one the best.

Iron Jewlry looks cool, although it's like she's always wearing guanulets. I wish I had some. The'd be so cool.
---
Don't mess with JAK
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#13 Posted: 23:48:55 13/05/2009
ANB small Cynder. Why? Her head symbol was silver and blue, she was as small as Spyro, her voice actor: Cree Summers. Not sissy Christina Ricci. Don't like her shape in DoTD.
---
I is ded
#14 Posted: 01:46:50 14/05/2009
Because Cree and Mae are actual Voice actresses, people who learn how to put emotion into their voices as opposed to an actor who puts emotion mostly in their movements/body language. Voice acting is NOT EASY TO DO. Many actors who've tried voice acting find it very difficult to do, just look at all those who work in CGI movies these days...

And Cynder is still a black dragon, because the characters and story say she is, the whole dark-purplish thing comes mostly because of how lousy many high-end modeling/game programs are about creating deep blacks (Heck, HDTVs have problems just displaying them, just play any modern game on an HDTV and see what I mean).
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#15 Posted: 15:14:30 14/05/2009
I think I might have to start a "Cynder hater club" Because i hate her so much. You know why....?

MARY SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE! Gosh I do hate them.
#16 Posted: 17:18:53 14/05/2009 | Topic Creator
DotD Cynder is a Mary-Sue version of the real Cynder of TLoS trilogy, in my opinion.
---
Sam the Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 224
#17 Posted: 18:42:25 14/05/2009
Cynder is fully AWESOME. While Sparx is just silly, and spyro is just serious, Cynder is the balance of them both. Serious when necessary, but silly when necessary.
#18 Posted: 00:53:04 15/05/2009 | Topic Creator
I like the Cynder before DotD, she didn't have any fans drooling over her design much.
---
#19 Posted: 02:19:09 15/05/2009
^Except those of her dark form...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#20 Posted: 03:12:45 15/05/2009
Yeah, but that form of Cynder at least had a plausible body structure and semi-reasonable anatomy. smilie Also, she was voiced by Cree Summer and I don't think I need to say that fact alone makes her very appealing. smilie
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#21 Posted: 04:45:30 15/05/2009
I think Cynder looked best in her new form, but as for personality and such...heck, her evil form is best there! She's too typical in TEN and DotD, as for personality. Then again, Spyro is too typical as well, so I guess it fits smilie
And Sexy? I can see certain video game characters being cute, sexy, etc...that is, HUMAN video game characters. No one in their right mind would call a dragon sexy. That's the equivalent of calling a SQUIRREL sexy.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#22 Posted: 06:34:05 15/05/2009
Uh Cloudtail, the furry fandom says otherwise...

Quote: Razz
Yeah, but that form of Cynder at least had a plausible body structure and semi-reasonable anatomy. smilie Also, she was voiced by Cree Summer and I don't think I need to say that fact alone makes her very appealing. smilie

Indeed it does... =]

Too bad I wasn't good at character modeling and modding games; I'd have a disaster mod in Sim City 4 Deluxe that would let you romp around as Dark Cynder... but I can't do stuff well with 3DS max nor make a game mod. =(
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#23 Posted: 00:55:16 16/05/2009
Quote: Aura24
I feel the same way. I mean, DotD Cynder is like a Mary-Sue version of the LoS Cynder we know. She doesn't have those iron jewelry, that had suddenly appeared on her while she was trapped in crystal. Plus, she has an inexperienced voice actor. Remember, it was ANB Cynder that appeared in the very start of the trilogy, and the fans who are obsessing over her, seem to have forgotten her and TEN Cynder, just because they like how sexy DotD Cynder looks.

As for the jewelry, was it a plothole?
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
#24 Posted: 01:21:24 16/05/2009
Well sorta yeah... it seems that way.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#25 Posted: 02:08:04 16/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, the jewelry on Cynder is a plothole made by the change in art style.
---
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#26 Posted: 02:35:48 16/05/2009
I know it is though, I've read the topic DOTD plotholes and I was just making sure it was.
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
fyrestorm91 Green Sparx Gems: 231
#27 Posted: 03:18:10 16/05/2009
Quote:
I can see certain video game characters being cute, sexy, etc...that is, HUMAN video game characters. No one in their right mind would call a dragon sexy. That's the equivalent of calling a SQUIRREL sexy.

Agreed on the sexy, not so much on the cute. Because you can call baby kittens/puppies/etc cute, cute and sexy are two different things.

Quote:

True, but that's only because furries have human parts most of the time. Like I could see a guy calling a cat with boobs in a bikini sexy, or a girl calling a wolf with six pack abs in a speedo sexy.

But back to Cynder. I like her DotD design except for the jewelry.
---
Topaz~Darkor~Glitter~Redsky
DeviantArt account
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#28 Posted: 04:13:33 16/05/2009
Quote: fyrestorm91
Quote:
I can see certain video game characters being cute, sexy, etc...that is, HUMAN video game characters. No one in their right mind would call a dragon sexy. That's the equivalent of calling a SQUIRREL sexy.

Agreed on the sexy, not so much on the cute. Because you can call baby kittens/puppies/etc cute, cute and sexy are two different things.

Quote:

True, but that's only because furries have human parts most of the time. Like I could see a guy calling a cat with boobs in a bikini sexy, or a girl calling a wolf with six pack abs in a speedo sexy.

But back to Cynder. I like her DotD design except for the jewelry.

I know, I was referring to "Awwww," as cute, and sexy as...well, sexy. I've seen some Awwww cute video game characters before, that don't qualify as sexy smilie

And agreed on the second part.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#29 Posted: 05:52:39 16/05/2009
I shan't say much, but I know of people who are physically attracted to inanimate objects. Nothing is too strange to be true sometimes.
#30 Posted: 07:11:52 16/05/2009
Oh well, if people want to call Cynder a black dragon diva, they can...

see, you can sorta say that here:

http://blackdragonaj89.deviant...re-of-121714872
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#31 Posted: 09:41:19 16/05/2009
Y'all can say whatever you want about Cynder on my gallery, given what I think of her these days. Just don't start any fights.
#32 Posted: 14:56:18 16/05/2009
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
I think Cynder looked best in her new form, but as for personality and such...heck, her evil form is best there! She's too typical in TEN and DotD, as for personality. Then again, Spyro is too typical as well, so I guess it fits :\
And Sexy? I can see certain video game characters being cute, sexy, etc...that is, HUMAN video game characters. No one in their right mind would call a dragon sexy. That's the equivalent of calling a SQUIRREL sexy.

I've seen peole call FOOD sexy...
fyrestorm91 Green Sparx Gems: 231
#33 Posted: 16:31:02 16/05/2009
Quote:
I know of people who are physically attracted to inanimate objects.

Quote:
I've seen people call FOOD sexy.

You guys know some strange people. o_0
---
Topaz~Darkor~Glitter~Redsky
DeviantArt account
#34 Posted: 17:09:13 16/05/2009
Food?

Don't you eat that?
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#35 Posted: 18:46:45 16/05/2009
Quote: fyrestorm91
Quote:
I know of people who are physically attracted to inanimate objects.

Quote:
I've seen people call FOOD sexy.

You guys know some strange people. o_0

I don't know them. They were on TV.
#36 Posted: 19:08:58 16/05/2009
That's kinda like asking people if their attracted to Bugs Bunny, when He cross dresses.
---
Don't mess with JAK
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#37 Posted: 19:57:16 16/05/2009
DOTD cynder was to in your face for my liking but i still like her smilie but i think TEN cynder was best
#38 Posted: 20:35:04 16/05/2009
DotD better. I recently adjusted the color settings on my TV. (I was watching a DVD, and I was annoyed by the color differences. So I set it to look better.) Then I forgot to change it back. Cynder looked better than ever as a Black Dragon. Almost Jet Black, Practically no purple.

Also Co-Star. Can't make her better than that.
---
Don't mess with JAK
Samius Hunter Gems: 9303
#39 Posted: 21:26:22 16/05/2009
Quote: Razz
I shan't say much, but I know of people who are physically attracted to inanimate objects. Nothing is too strange to be true sometimes.

People do not fall in love with animated objects. It's the feeling of falling in love that we are all so obessed of..
So, I guess you could say furries don't really love those anthros..

And about Cynder? Well, it's awfully bad for me to say, I haven't played ANB or TEN.. But she really has grown to be a bit more.. Shall we say "mature" little dragon.. And about her being cute and sexy?
Yeah.. Honestly, she is.. Even more so it seems, now that everybody is so concentrated to the fact..
But I guess it was essential for them to give Spyro and Cynder a new look. They needed something new to catch the "main stream's" attention.

And they have, in a way.. Look at all the new Spyro fans that occasionally pop on the fansites just like this one..
Most of the new ones, just like me, have only played DotD..
#40 Posted: 01:57:47 17/05/2009
You know when it comes to this argument about the "sexy squirrels" comment or "cat with boobs in a bikini sexy" and among OTHER comments...Ive come up with a really reasonable suggestion for the outside worlds....

much like the above...

Let's please stop calling 'Cars' sexy....smilie
#41 Posted: 02:57:23 17/05/2009
What's the world going too!! D:
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#42 Posted: 07:08:00 17/05/2009
Heh.. Oh my smilie

But let's stay on topic. There is still a matter of Cynder to discuss..

So now, come to think of it, I think I know how you feel about Cynder changing into a sexy teen..

It's like something that you have known for a long time, dramatically changes in a short period of time.
I dunno.. Maybe it would make more sense to me if I had first played ANB or TEN and then DotD..

Everything changes, and what has already happened can not be undone.
So, you just have to accept that Cynder is what she is now..
It's kinda sad I think.. But nobody said you have to like it..
#43 Posted: 18:53:03 17/05/2009
For all we know, Cynder may not be in the next game, so yeah...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#44 Posted: 00:02:07 20/05/2009
Not really a fan of DotD Cynder. I used to like her, but her voice... Christina Ricci, go... act in a movie or something. Leave the real job to the voice actresses. smilie And don't forget to bring your unemotional voice along, too! *slapped*

ANB & TEN Cynder all the way, even if she was sorta a DID in TEN, BUT she managed to try and fight off Gaul, right? smilie
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#45 Posted: 01:27:22 20/05/2009
Well, I have nothing against dotd Cynder, but there is one part that bugs me. In the scene where
Ignitus dies,
Cynder was emotionless, and takes away frrom the secne.
#46 Posted: 01:28:07 20/05/2009
Of course, voice actors are better than actors when you use them for games.

Seriously, why have Elijah Wood who's over-priced considering the quality he has in voice acting when you could have Jim Walker, a guy who's trained in the profession and is cheaper... and better suited for Spyro in my opinion.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#47 Posted: 13:04:44 20/05/2009
DOTD Cynder reminds me off Edwerd Cullen. Twilight fangirls drool all over him and DOTD fangirls do the same with DOTD Cynder....
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#48 Posted: 16:08:56 20/05/2009
I don't really see anything wrong with Cynder having a fanmob. I just can't make out why it bugs everyone..

Liking Cynder is not a priviledge of any "older" Spyro fans. So what if someone likes her?..
Altough in SOME cases, this has gone a bit too far..
#49 Posted: 16:22:17 20/05/2009
Seriously, it's just a game. Outside of the fact that they could have lowered the graphics bar, hired better VAs, and just take their time with it more, it's just a game.

And I like Cynder too, but I don't take it too far. Besides, I like several other characters; most outside of the Spyro universe.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#50 Posted: 20:19:02 20/05/2009
Cynder's fanmob would be fine if they didn't go out of their way to harass some people. Seriously, you guys have no idea what I've put up with from them. It's part of why I pretty much stopped drawing her completely.
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me