Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
I don't like spyro
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8756
#51 Posted: 23:51:44 24/05/2020 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]
spyro is actually pretty deep on a metaphorical level of writing. in the reignited games spyro has a death animation (here it is) his death animations in particular are very interesting. at first glance it is just another death animation in a video. however if you look at it with a critical eye and analytic brain its pretty obvious what it is trying to represent using imagery. that of course being Americas failing health care system.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#52 Posted: 23:58:42 24/05/2020
Quote: Metallo
Quote: Vespi
See, I just don’t see a dark Spyro game working in Trump’s America. I thought our president made it clear who was and wasn’t welcome here, and unless they make some MAJOR changes to Spyro and his lore (like having him believe in Bill Gate’s PHONY 5G vaccine towers, or actually doing research on the impossibility of a round Earth), there will be major complaints from Spyro’s majority conservative fanbase. I’m not sure I want a Spyro game that doesn’t teach kids lessons, and the most important lesson Spyro could teach them is how mail in voting leads to inevitable voting fraud. Maybe a B plot involving Sparx wanting to vote, but witnessing Hunter (who’s an immigrant and shouldn’t be allowed to vote in the first place) forging mail in ballots for an OBVIOUS transgender liberal candidate. Another good Spyro plot could involve him fighting vaccines with facts, like giving proof that they cause autism and are full of implants while Ripto tries to “vaccinate” the dragon population against RIPTO-19, an obvious fraud disease. The real Spyro wouldn’t, couldn’t, and shouldn’t stand for the homosexual immigrant agenda being pushed in the modern game industry. Did you know 89% of all micro transactions go to groups supporting Sahara law? Look it up, do your own research away from these phony scientists and you’ll find out the truth.

By god, you're right.

I'd also like to explore the dragons' healthy ethnonationalism, clearly under attack by the (((Gnorcs)))

That’s definitely something a new Spyro should explore, but I also think Spyro has the potential to become a figurehead for 2nd Amendment rights. Do you ever thing about how many more adventures Spyro could go on with an open carry permit? Liberal villains like Ripto would easily be beaten with an extended clip and a bump stock on whatever Spyro’s carrying. Maybe he could even get new, more high powered magazines as he progresses in his fight against oppressive leftist governments that force him to give up his manhood through mandatory mask wearing and vegan meat patties.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#53 Posted: 00:06:00 25/05/2020
Quote: fyra
Do people really hate story that much? What I mentioned is what tend to make a story feel compelling and believable but to be fair, before being a gamer I was a reader so my view of things do not align with typical gamers and it’s fine...mock me all you want...I dealed with mocking due to being asperger and having different tastes but even if it’s stuff and nonsense, it don’t mean we need to be complete morons. Maybe we do deserve the IP to be dead if you just want the same thing.

However what is for you improvements you do want, I’m kindly asking, what is Spyro for you, why are my improvements bad?

Also even if it may have started as a joke...I saw good points about Spyro needing to evolve why be so rude, a fandom is a family we chose yet this fandom is probably the most hostile I ever saw. I just though I found an opportunity to talk about what Spyro should be in the 21st century as I’m in the dragons are supposed to be majestic not dinosaurs with wings crowd. You said my improvements are bad...but do you saw or read what I referenced to explain it to me?

Won’t bother more as wanting more is not really liked...the Pokémon fans also get angry when I tell them the franchise is stagnating.

[User Posted Image]

so what makes you think that spyro games would not benefit from adding child labor in the narrative? i think our purple guy is more than capable of handling the topic respectfully and from an interesting angle. do you not think spyro is up to the challenge?
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#54 Posted: 00:17:20 25/05/2020
I hate spyro!! - semp123 2k15
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6471
#55 Posted: 00:19:54 25/05/2020
By child labor is that in the sense of child soldiers like what Spyro and Cynder were?
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#56 Posted: 00:53:51 25/05/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: fyra
By child labor is that in the sense of child soldiers like what Spyro and Cynder were?

[User Posted Image]
child labor is a deep and complicated message that many modern pieces of literature use to connect the fictional fantasy world with the real world. child soldiers are not the only types of child labor that can be used within the world but it is one of the best. children have very little life skills or traits that could be used to benefit adults in the political and business world. this makes them an excellent choice for fighting enemies on the battlefield as they do not have the ability to reproduce and create new children. children are not at the firm right age to be able to procreate so by having them sent to fight in wars would stabilize Americas population. children do not require the needs of food as well as they are able to be easily fed with smaller meal proportions. this is a great benefit for the economy as we can pay fewer taxes for military supplies.

so yes. spyro and cynder fighting in war is a mature topic that is needed for the franchise. :)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#57 Posted: 01:06:12 25/05/2020
Can someone explain to me what's going on here?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#58 Posted: 01:13:51 25/05/2020
[User Posted Image]

Well you see HeyitsHotDog there is an on going serious discussion about why Spyro today sucks
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#59 Posted: 01:14:48 25/05/2020

This game actually looks fun nvm spyro is cool now.
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#60 Posted: 01:15:02 25/05/2020
Lock this thread.
#61 Posted: 01:17:17 25/05/2020
Quote: semp123

This game actually looks fun nvm spyro is cool now.

[User Posted Image]

Honestly the only good spyro game there is besides orange
#62 Posted: 01:20:48 25/05/2020
Quote: willspyro
[User Posted Image]

Well you see HeyitsHotDog there is an on going serious discussion about why Spyro today sucks

Oh, well, Willspyro, then please continue. I am eager to see what conclusions you can some to about why Spyro today sucks.

The lack of exploration of today's society and cultual attitude? Perhaps not diving deeper into the dark, perverse,and nihilistic character of Spyro

By playing his original, non-cartoony games, you can easily tell Spyro was designed with many self destructive tendencies and toxic behavior towards others.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#63 Posted: 01:27:27 25/05/2020
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
[User Posted Image]

Oh, well, Willspyro, then please continue. I am eager to see what conclusions you can some to about why Spyro today sucks.

The lack of exploration of today's society and cultual attitude? Perhaps not diving deeper into the dark, perverse,and nihilistic character of Spyro

By playing his original, non-cartoony games, you can easily tell Spyro was designed with many self destructive tendencies and toxic behavior towards others.

[User Posted Image]

Well you see the reason why Spyro today sucks is because it is the bare root of all evil. Back in 1998 Ted Price's intent on creating the games was to corrupt the minds of all of the consumers. This would transform the world indefinitely. All you see around is Spyro. You can't escape that purple dragon's graspe. You wonder why politicians act so funny? Yeah that's right they are in fact Spyro under the mask. You don't know anyone in control. They are all the embodied of that damned purple lizard. There's nowhere you can hide from him.
#64 Posted: 01:39:12 25/05/2020
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Well you see the reason why Spyro today sucks is because it is the bare root of all evil. Back in 1998 Ted Price's intent on creating the games was to corrupt the minds of all of the consumers. This would transform the world indefinitely. All you see around is Spyro. You can't escape that purple dragon's graspe. You wonder why politicians act so funny? Yeah that's right they are in fact Spyro under the mask. You don't know anyone in control. They are all the embodied of that damned purple lizard. There's nowhere you can hide from him.

[User Posted Image]

Quite frankly, that sums up it up all perfectly. Spyro is inherently evil and malicious. Selfishly gathering gems is very much an allusion to today's corporate world. Often you see businesses like Amazon, Disney, Nestle, Activsion, and others throw away good human conditions for the sake of profit. Spyro not once shares his profits with the less fortunate Dragon Elders, many of which are old and on the verge of death (Not to mention susceptible to Covid-19, which has affected the Dragon Realms significantly, according to Fox News), and this as poisoned our young minds and it reached its climax with the Skylanders franchise. We see the abuse of a beloved character and have them ruined for the sake of profit (Something the character is guilty of) and not only do we look past it, we celebrate the glory of profit, especially when it comes at the cost of human suffering. He is what made society what it is today. Because of Spyro's constant presence, he has a society of pigs.

All I have are Spyro thoughts.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:40:04 25/05/2020 by HeyitsHotDog
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12386
#65 Posted: 02:52:02 25/05/2020
legend of spyro is awesome and even better than classic spyro but it really could have benefited from a morality system like undertale or shadow the hedgehog. good spyro uses elements and such. dark spyro abandons his dragon-ness and uses manmade weapons such as a gun. i think it would also be more realistic and mature if people would sware in the games and be more mean. thats what adult life is like. assuming spyro is still a kid in the game you could do a storyline where spyro brings back respect for children by helping them rejoin the labor force legally. i am not sure if we should keep cynder in the game though, girl characters are hard to write for. if spyro could just use a gun though TLOS would be even more rememembered than spyro 2 on ps1 because it would be so dark and cool.
#66 Posted: 03:05:43 25/05/2020 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]
i agree. let spyro give into temptation and let the darkness take over him. this has never been done before in any media whatsoever. i want spyro to see the world and explore how depression can affect his outlook on life. teach the gamer a lesson with a deep and complex story. if i were to write spyro i would have him realize that child labor is worth dying for and have him get killed and restricted by a dark entity to create dark spyro. have this world be more realistic. people die in the real world so why cant they in this new game? that's my take of what should happen in spyro.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#67 Posted: 15:36:27 25/05/2020

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Quite frankly, that sums up it up all perfectly. Spyro is inherently evil and malicious. Selfishly gathering gems is very much an allusion to today's corporate world. Often you see businesses like Amazon, Disney, Nestle, Activsion, and others throw away good human conditions for the sake of profit. Spyro not once shares his profits with the less fortunate Dragon Elders, many of which are old and on the verge of death (Not to mention susceptible to Covid-19, which has affected the Dragon Realms significantly, according to Fox News).

[User Posted Image]

Do not forget that the aging population of the dragon realms was originally a hard-hitting allegory for the large portion of the aging population we see in real life. there are simply not enough younger taxpayers around to support them, and many young dragons have become shut-ins. this is why you only see spyro, ember, and flame as young dragons in the original spyro series. flame isn't even his own person, and is a hallucinogenic-induced reflection spyro sees of himself in a puddle while collecting gems to support the elder dragons because taxes just aren't cutting it.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 4072
#68 Posted: 17:32:04 25/05/2020
[User Posted Image]
Sinners! Every one of you! Don't you know what the Bible says about Dragons?

Revelation 12:9 : "And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan."
Revelation 20:2 : "And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,"
Revelation 16:3 : "And I saw, coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs."

Dragons are stinking, the Evil Spawn of Satan. Look at you, worshiping a Dragon Idol! You should be Ashamed!

I, too once had a Great Love of Dragons. But I have come to Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior. He freed me from the Bondage that was Dragon Worship! It is my Sincere Prayer that you, too become Faithful Followers of Christ Jesus.

He is The Way. And He is the Light.

AMEN
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:16:58 25/05/2020 by ThunderEgg
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2509
#69 Posted: 15:42:56 02/06/2020
fyra opinions are best opinions in this topic. nothing better then when a ****-post topic is derailed by legitimate conversation. i'm completely serious because i purposefully do the same thing all of the time.
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me