Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 29 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1401 Posted: 18:25:02 16/05/2019
Angora gave a little bow in respect, and then headed straight to the point.
"Yes captain... I was wondering if... I was still on caretaker duties. Veris is probably hungry right now." Angora asked, knowing Sere never said she was out of that job, but he could've changed his mind sometimes after being thrown in the brig again, so she wanted to make sure it was still okay to take care of the wyvern before doing anything else.

Quote: A Guy
Ilasi could see her boyfriend was distraught - and though she didn't know the specifics, she knew what to expect by now when Latnok and Angora were mentioned in the same sentence. All she could do for now was give Maverick a hug.

Maverick returned the hug, sobbing quietly as he did. It was nice to have someone like her, who was always by his side. But then he remembered he he to talk about something very important.
"Gracias Ilasi. I needed that... but... there's something I should tell you." he began to say, taking a brief pause before continuing.

"I... was put in charge of Angora. As soon as she returns on deck, I'm going to spend some time with her. I need to make sure she'll be alright. I... I hope you don't mind. If... well, I'm not going to obligate you, but... if you could help me, it'll be better that way. I... I know you don't like her that well yet, but I can promise you, she has changed. If... if you want, you two can have some girl talk... eventually I know it'll do wonders for the both of you." Maverick suggested, knowing this probably was a very uncomfortable subject for Ilasi, but he still wanted his girlfriend to try and befriend Angora again. He was certain the troll would accept. She needed new friends, and if Kasidra knew about what happened, any chances of a friendship with her were probably ruined by now.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8830
#1402 Posted: 18:26:23 16/05/2019
Quote:
Kasidra nodded in understanding. "That makes sense. Even I can get restless sometimes if I don't exercise or something. Alright, we'll keep going as long you need to, Chester," she smiled. She picked up the ball and threw it again. "So, Raclaw, what do you do for fun? I guess dragons don't exactly fetch, huh?"
Quote:
"Basically, Angora is likely on her very last chance - probably because her friend Maverick is a valuable crew member and managed to come through for her," he answered. "Her attitude for the moment has changed drastically - which it has before, but it never lasts. If she slips once, I promise you that her time here is done. Let me know if she gives any of you a problem - I'm tired of the toxic waste of space, and won't deal with it for a moment more than I have to."

Raclaw offered an solemn nod to Latnok as he returned-- having suspected that Angora was quickly running out of chances. "To answer your question Kasidra-- I don't fetch exactly, but sometimes Chester and I do throw the ball to each other. Think catch, although we do have to be careful with the space. There's also flying of course and sometimes swimming; the later helping us both us greatly get over a fear of water. I know it sounds silly, but.. I had my reasons at least. And it's not entirely uncommon for dogs not to like the water.," the fur dragon then said answering the tiefling's question.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9878
#1403 Posted: 18:55:07 16/05/2019
Kasidra nodded slowly at Latnok's words. "I understand, sir," she said. So that explained the situation then. Maverick had vouched for Angora and got her another chance. Hopefully, that change in attitude would actually last this time. Kasidra was still fairly neutral towards the troll, and would report any problems if necessary, but it wasn't something she particularly wanted to be forced into doing. So she hoped Angora had learned a lesson this time.

The tiefling turned to the fur dragon when he answered her question. His reply brought a smile back to her face. "Aww, that's nice." While Kasidra wasn't sure if she should say it out loud, the idea of a beagle playing catch with a dragon just sounded cute. She nodded at the mention of flying, something she had already seen by now. She nodded more slowly at the mention of water. "No, it's not silly. If I didn't want off this island so bad, I might not even set foot on another ship again, after what happened last time...."
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1404 Posted: 19:18:00 16/05/2019
With a rough patch of sea ahead, Leoquin called out as much to those on deck - the voyage, though not perfectly smooth, would proceed without too many difficulties.

"Well, I know this voyage will be much better than your last one," Latnok said with confidence. "Just do your job, and we'll take care of you. You've done well to make it this far, considering how you got here. You are respectful without needing to be told. You've proven yourself adaptable and resourceful, in addition to your speed and agility. You are in very good physical shape. And you are a quick and willing learner, taking initiative in that regard. You are... well, a really good fit." Latnok hesitated to find the right words - he couldn't remember anyone ever making as good a first impression on him as Kasidra did.

Ilasi was somewhat nervous with Maverick's proposal. "Well, uh, I could try, but... wouldn't she think I'm trying to set her up for failure?" One thing Ilasi knew about Angora - she had a habit of assuming the worst in most people. Ilasi could only imagine how things would feel for Angora with so much pressure on her.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1405 Posted: 19:28:29 16/05/2019
"No way Ilasi. I promise. If Angora is seeing how happy you make me, she won't insult you or anything. Why, she hasn't even interfered with our dates. That alone should say something. Angora never means harm to anybody. She is, or rather use to be a little rough I admit, but that was not to cause harm. Give her another chance, and you'll see all Angorita needs is friends." Maverick assured, knowing that's all the troll wanted deep inside. Kasidra was most likely out of the question now, so Ilasi was all that was left. Angora already had male friends, but maybe having someone of the same gender could help her greatly.
---
#1406 Posted: 19:36:40 16/05/2019
When a rough patch of sea was announced, Kasidra tensed up slightly. While it wouldn't be immediately obvious to anyone who didn't notice her tense up, she was more nervous than before. The tiefling didn't have any issues with water, storms, or ships before she left the mainland, but the previous shipwreck had shaken her up a bit. Thankfully, there was no storm to worry about yet.

"I sure hope so..." Kasidra replied. Her nervous feelings were more evident in her tone. She nodded slowly as Latnok continued. She smiled slightly at the praise, which helped her to feel a little better. "Thank you, sir." The tiefling had always tried to be adaptable in order to be a good fit for whoever she was currently working for. She was glad her efforts were paying off.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:38:50 16/05/2019 by Cynder09
#1407 Posted: 20:03:18 16/05/2019
Ilasi was still undoubtedly very reluctant - but how could she refuse? This deeply distressed Maverick - with how often he tried to cheer her up, he probably wouldn't sob in front of her unless he couldn't help it. And after all that he's done for her...
No. They were a team. This wasn't his problem - it was their problem. "I'll talk to her," Ilasi said reluctantly. "I just don't know where to start... how should I approach her? How will I get her to open up to me?" Though Ilasi was going to try, there were still doubts - she needed to know what to do.

"You earned it," Latnok replied. "I don't say things like that for the hell of it, ask anyone here. I've fought for and earned my status and position, and I expect everyone else to as well. Of course, it wasn't easy starting off..." Latnok abruptly trailed off, recalling his childhood - if it could be called that. He had no immediate words on the matter.

"Naturally, you would resume the duties you had previously," Sere answered. "Take good care of Veris. He'd better light up like a bonfire when you walk in." Though Sere was very busy, he hadn't forgotten Veris - if he couldn't meet the wyvern's daily needs, he was happy to have someone who could.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8770
#1408 Posted: 20:10:26 16/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Icestorm gave a respectful bow. “Thank you for taking me in.”
---
SC
#1409 Posted: 20:15:52 16/05/2019
"Don't worry-- we have a good crew and we've made it through much worse than some rough turbulence.," Raclaw offered some reassurance with a smile. "It's true!," Chester barked in a positive confirmation tone. Meanwhile, Risar began preparing the crew and issuing orders.
---
#1410 Posted: 20:25:42 16/05/2019
"Thanks, that helps," Kasidra replied. The fur dragon had a point. If they had made it through this far, then they surely could handle the storms as well. She took a deep breath. She just needed to relax and not think about it so much.

The tiefling smiled at Latnok. "I believe it, sir. The praise means a lot, thank you." She nodded at his following words. Kasidra knew the routine well, having had to work hard to earn any sort of decent status or position with various bosses over the years. She knew it wasn't easy, especially when you weren't trusted by new employers. The tiefling grew quiet when Latnok trailed off. Kasidra was curious, but she felt it wasn't her business to ask.
---
#1411 Posted: 20:36:22 16/05/2019
"You are most welcome here," Shepherd said, as everyone suddenly began to congregate and get in a big formation with minimal issues. Once formed up, they began marching through one of the wide-open doors into a passageway.

Latnok shook his head. "For another time. Right now, it looks like we'll hit the island right at around dusk. It's likely that the captain will want to have us rest from there and then move out in the morning, like before. Who knows, maybe there'll be some creature or other to hunt." It'd been a bit of time since Latnok had a satisfying hunt, and it could provide more practice opportunities with Raclaw - or perhaps more of a chance to see the new recruit in action.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1412 Posted: 20:44:46 16/05/2019
Maverick knew Ilasi was going to try for his sake alone, but if Angora's behavior improved and his girlfriend could understand how misunderstood she is, the tension will finally be over, and they might even become friends, though he knew that was still far away.
"Gracias Ilasi. I know it's hard, but knowing that you'll try is more than enough." he said with gratitude before answering her question.
"It shouldn't be hard to approach her, as long as you don't talk about today's incident of course. You can talk about... I don't know, maybe some magic. Show her some of yours. She likes flashy things. Also, Angorita loves insects... though yeah, you probably don't want that." Maverick assumed, knowing not many girls loved creepy crawlies.

He thought a little more before continuing.
"Whatever comes natural Ilasi. Angora didn't have a very pleasant life, so try not to talk about her past. And especially, don't mention her parents." he warned, knowing that was still a very delicate subject for her.
"You can talk about many things... or maybe you can wait for her to bring a subject. You'll see how much you can learn about her. And try not to get hurt if she says something that seems offensive. I can promise you mi Ilasi, she doesn't intend to be hurtful." Maverick concluded, feeling like he had to say that despite not liking it. He knew his girlfriend was rather sensible, so he wanted her to have patience and not get easily offended if Angora said something that might accidentally hurt her feelings. Maverick then looked at the horizon, and immediately knew they were heading into troublesome waters. They had to be on high guard.

"Naturally, you would resume the duties you had previously," Sere answered. "Take good care of Veris. He'd better light up like a bonfire when you walk in." Though Sere was very busy, he hadn't forgotten Veris - if he couldn't meet the wyvern's daily needs, he was happy to have someone who could.

"I will sir. You'll see. I'll keep him fed, entertained and exercised. And I'll keep his enclosure cleaned." Angora said with a nod, wanting to assure Sere he had nothing to worry about. If there was something she has managed to do right is taking care of that gluttonous wyvern. Veris liked her very much, and if Sere ever had the chance to see him again, she hoped he could see how high spirited his mount was. She still knew Sere was doing it for his sake rather than her own, but that didn't mattered to her. And perhaps something good could come out of this job eventually. Raclaw failed to soften up Latnok, but perhaps Veris could be more successful with Sere. Of course, knowing the Guardians and what they thought about her, she didn't have very high hopes for that, but she still intended to do a good job regardless of the outcome.

Angora was ready to leave, but like with Latnok, she waited for Sere to properly dismiss her. She waited to see what he had to say in case he had any more questions or instructions for her.
---
#1413 Posted: 21:57:27 16/05/2019
Sere gave Angora the faintest hint of a smile. "That's what I like to hear. If you have nothing else for me, then you are free to go," he said, as he returned to his desk. His writing had been disrupted by the rough waters; he would have to restart it.

Ilasi was still apprehensive, but she was going to try it. "Okay... I'm ready," she said - she didn't feel that way, but she figured that she was as ready as she would ever be. "We just have to find her... do you know where she usually hides?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1414 Posted: 22:21:21 16/05/2019
Kasidra nodded in understanding. So it seems like they'll have a new island to explore in the morning. At least it won't be the same exact one she had been stranded on. The tiefling wondered if this one would be inhabited or not, and what sorts of creatures they would find. "Maybe," she replied to Latnok. "I don't know what we'll find, but it should be interesting nonetheless." Maybe Kasidra would get a chance to really show off what she could do against some wild creature.
---
#1415 Posted: 22:32:19 16/05/2019
Maverick thought about it. After an incident like today, he figured Angora would want to be in a reclusive place.
"Hmm... let's see. I didn't see her come to the deck, so she's either in our cabin or with Veris. I'm guessing the latter. She's been taking much care of that wyvern lately." Maverick assumed, wanting to accompany Ilasi, but wanting her and Angora to talk alone.
"Tell you what. Let me find her first. If she's still upset about today, I can calm her down and then tell you where she is." he suggested, knowing that a dismayed Angora wasn't the best person to talk to.

"Alright sir." Angora said with a nod, finally taking her leave. Was she crazy? Or did she saw what looked like a smile? From Sere? Nah, couldn't be. Had to be her eyes playing tricks on her. There was no way the Guardians would show such an expression to her. Now with her business done, she left Sere's office, heading to the deck and trying to spot Latnok. She wanted to make sure she didn't pass near him.
---
#1416 Posted: 22:34:06 16/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Icestorm remained by Shepherd side. He didn’t know everyone yet so he felt most comfortable with him for the moment
---
SC
#1417 Posted: 23:09:18 16/05/2019
Ilasi nodded in agreement, remaining silent. Maverick breaking the ice would at least allow him to get a good gauge on Angora, allowing them to come up with something from there. Ilasi knew Maverick could do the job, but would that transfer over?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1418 Posted: 23:47:15 16/05/2019
Maverick was about to look for Angora, when he spotted her leaving the deck and down the stairs. She had been trying to go away unseen but failed.
"Angora! Hey Angorita. Where are you going?" Maverick said, though he expected a certain answer.
"Going to feed Veris. Taking care of him is my permanent job on the ship now." she explained, wanting to do that right away but not having the heart to dismiss him.
"Well, keep up the good work. That wyvern loves you. I've seen it. If he has a soft spot for you, maybe he can transfer some of that fondness to his master..." Maverick expressed with hope, almost saying Latnok too in the end, but he still had some serious doubts.

Angora nodded, having her doubts about both Sere and Latnok, but she would focus on the job at hand and nothing more, and use every ounce of her patience to show respect whenever any of them addressed other, especially Latnok.
"Perhaps eventually, he'll let me take care of Shady too." Angora suddenly commented, though not counting on the possibilities. It would be quite the work load taking care of two dragons, but at least Shade could mostly take care of himself. If Sere decided to let her take care of the dragolet, she wanted him to take the decision himself. She wasn't going to ask anymore.

Maverick nodded, hoping for that possibility as well. It has felt like an eternity since they last interacted with him. He let Angora take care of Veris first, knowing her interactions with him always calmed her down. He then headed towards Ilasi.
"Well, Angora is very calm right now. That's a good sign. Still, I'll let her take Veris first. That always helps her. After she's done, you can talk to her." Maverick suggested, knowing that would be a perfect time for her to talk. Angora was already calm, and taking care of the wyvern always raised her spirit, so he couldn't think of a better time.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:08:03 17/05/2019 by Felines
#1419 Posted: 23:57:24 16/05/2019
Quote:
Kasidra nodded in understanding. So it seems like they'll have a new island to explore in the morning. At least it won't be the same exact one she had been stranded on. The tiefling wondered if this one would be inhabited or not, and what sorts of creatures they would find. "Maybe," she replied to Latnok. "I don't know what we'll find, but it should be interesting nonetheless." Maybe Kasidra would get a chance to really show off what she could do against some wild creature.

"Agreed-- these islands haven't failed to provide excitement yet.," Raclaw commented recalling both the good times and the bad. They had yet to find his parents, but he still had hope that one of the islands would finally deliver on that promise. Chester offered a bark agreeing with his larger companion.
---
#1420 Posted: 00:54:53 17/05/2019
As Angora took care of Veris - going through the usual routine, filling his belly and engaging in some mild entertainment - Ilasi would decide to address her now. Ilasi stepped into the wyvern pen, just as Angora was finishing up.
"Oh, hello there, Angora," Ilasi said, somewhat cheerfully. "How has Veris been treating you lately? Still the shameless glutton he's always been?" Veris watched the two with some interest.

While Latnok had Kasidra's attention, he igured that he might as well get to know some more details. "So how did you get into your line of work, anyway?" he asked. "I don't know many people who just decide one day that they want to be assassins. Of course, if things are different for tieflings, then forgive me."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1421 Posted: 01:04:06 17/05/2019
Angora opened her eyes wide, Ilasi being the last person she expected to enter. Wasn't she afraid of Veris? Or was it really that urgent to the mermaid to talk with her?
"Ilasi? Hey." Angora greeted before answering.
"Yeah, the big lug doesn't change. Same black hole he's always been. He hasn't eaten me yet, so at least he can control that overwhelming gluttony." she said in a joking matter, taking off some of his loose scales. Veris hasn't seen Ilasi that often, but Angora trusted he would treat her well.
---
#1422 Posted: 01:15:14 17/05/2019
Kasidra nodded to Raclaw. She had been stranded here long enough to know that the islands in general could be exciting. Although, the one she was on was less so, due to the town providing a sense of peace. The forest, however, wasn't quite as peaceful. She wondered what the other islands would have in store.

The tiefling was quiet for a moment, while she considered how exactly she wanted to answer Latnok's question. When working with evil coworkers, Kasidra could go into harsh, gory details all she wanted. They usually weren't the nicest people to talk to, but they at least weren't scared off by her abilities, and hardly judged her actions. If anything, they encouraged more brutality and law-breaking. Here, however, Kasidra wasn't sure how they would respond to the full truth. Would they be accepting of it? Would they throw her off the ship if they knew?

"Well, actually, it is sort of common for tieflings to be assassins or rogues," she explained. "We're also skilled mages, having a natural affinity for magic. Some, like me, do both." Kasidra paused. "Although, I didn't just suddenly decide to become an assassin..." she trailed off. Her voice grew quiet and she sighed. "Sometimes you choose the job, and sometimes, it chooses you, or you sort of get roped into it."
---
#1423 Posted: 01:16:25 17/05/2019
The conversation immediately hit a dead end, but Ilasi pressed on. "Well, at least he's healthy - and you're keeping him that way, by the looks of it," she noted as she gave Veris a quick look over. "Finally found a place for yourself here, by the looks of it - and a good friend..." Ilasi wasn't sure how Angora would react to that line, but she needed something to push a discussion.

The story Kasidra gave Latnok reminded him much of his own - perhaps the two might have even more in common than he initially thought. "Similar situation here," Latnok said. "Long story short, I was a worthless child, I had an affinity for hunting, and I eventually found someone who brought me here after living on my own for awhile." The story was, of course, heavily redacted - but those details were something he saved from most.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:21:07 17/05/2019 by A Guy
#1424 Posted: 01:22:52 17/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Meanwhile Crystal the thunderbird was tracking the ship. She would use clouds and high altitude to hide herself from being seen. She did notice they were heading to one island in particular. An island that may or may not have an old friend on it.
---
SC
#1425 Posted: 01:29:14 17/05/2019
Kasidra blinked. "Really?" she asked in surprise. She didn't expect them to have something like that in common. She nodded slowly. "That does sound similar," she commented. The tiefling debated on whether or not she wanted to share anything else. Kasidra felt that maybe Latnok would really understand, but at the same time, she was still new here. They barely knew each other. She wasn't sure if she was ready to share those secrets yet. However, maybe in time, she would feel comfortable enough to tell the full story.
---
#1426 Posted: 01:33:18 17/05/2019
The conversation immediately hit a dead end, but Ilasi pressed on. "Well, at least he's healthy - and you're keeping him that way, by the looks of it," she noted as she gave Veris a quick look over. "Finally found a place for yourself here, by the looks of it - and a good friend..." Ilasi wasn't sure how Angora would react to that line, but she needed something to push a discussion.

Angora didn't reacted negatively to the comment, treating it as something normal to say. She was very calm and relaxed, so she had no need to treat Ilasi rudely.
"He is quite a unique friend. Guess I learned a lot by taking care of Shady." Angora commented, knowing very well that Veris felt the same way. However, she decided to keep their conversations a secret from Ilasi for now, thinking it would be too much for her to handle. She didn't know if the mermaid knew about Raclaw's ability, but nevertheless decided to let the subject for another time.

"You know, it's funny how I always seem to befriend big, scary creatures only. You got Shady of course, whose loyalty is... well, you can saw suffocating sometimes. And then you have this... stomach with wings. Maverick is pretty much the only human I ever managed to befriend... or rather, he befriended me. Must be his faun side. His patience with me was... IS too overwhelming. His father... well it's not worth talking about him. Maverick has always been a gentle soul, practically to the point of naivety. He was annoying, but... I'm glad he insisted so much on a friendship." Angora expressed with a warm smile, clearly loving Maverick very much, and hoping Ilasi knew how lucky she was.
---
#1427 Posted: 02:08:26 17/05/2019
Between Angora talking about Maverick now and the discussion Ilasi just had with Maverick about Angora's mood, she recalled the terrible experience they had in Redwater. "Oh, to think that I believed Maverick abandoned me on purpose back there..." Ilasi thought out loud. "After all this time, sometimes I feel I don't deserve him - that he knows that and is just waiting... none of that, though. That's not something to worry about." If Angora was trying to make Ilasi conscious of how lucky she was with Maverick, she succeeded, though likely not in the way she'd hoped.
"But he's been very loyal to you. The friends you do make seem to really like you. You must be doing at least something right." Ilasi hoped those words were some nice encouragement for Angora, though she had her concerns.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1428 Posted: 02:18:55 17/05/2019
Angora felt slightly offended when Ilasi suggested she was doing 'something' right, almost as if implying she did wrong most of the time. She was in a good mood however, and grooming Veris was practically therapeutic for her, so she didn't make a big deal out of it.
"Well to be fair, you didn't know Maverick very well back then, and he did make you that promise. It's only natural for you to think he broke it when he never showed up. If I had known about it sooner, I would've made him keep it. If there's something I absolutely hate is a broken promise." Angora assured, understanding Ilasi's predicament back then. As she waited for the mermaid's reply, she signaled Veris to lie on his back so she could clean up his hard to reach tummy, which would feel more like belly rubs to him.
---
#1429 Posted: 02:34:32 17/05/2019
Raclaw, who had been mostly listening to the conversation, looked at Kasidra and could sense that she almost wanted to say more. However-- he wouldn't push it or force the newcomer to convulse information she didn't yet want known. So far, Latnok and Kasidra seemed oddly compatible based off what they knew about the Tiefling so far. "Sometimes you simply have no choice, but to simply wait and see what fate has in store for you. I-- I was raised on a farm, but chose to set out and to see the world at large. I didn't know what to expect or even what I wanted, but eventually life led me to where I am today. Now I have new friends, get to see and experience new places, and may even find something that I've been looking for a long long time. You don't always get to choose what happens to you, but sometimes it may lead you to happiness you otherwise wouldn't have found.," he then said looking offering a smile. Chester began to lay down, placing himself within petting range of both Latnok and Kasidra.
---
#1430 Posted: 02:47:23 17/05/2019
Veris complied with Angora's request without hesitation - even a wyvern of his size could appreciate a good 'belly rub'.
Ilasi was glad that Angora was in a much more amicable mood than was typical - whatever happened to her recently, it really seemed to do wonders. "I do appreciate your concern in the matter," Ilasi said. "Things are much better now, thankfully. I'm hoping when this is all done, we can... well, we'll figure things out from there. For now, we'll keep taking it day by day. That's all we can do, with this place being so unpredictable..."

As the ship moved on, the sun was beginning to approach the horizon, though it wasn't quite there yet. The shore of the new island was well within sight by now - despite the rough waters, Leoquin managed to make good progress without ruining anything (except maybe some food or drinks while someone was eating.)
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1431 Posted: 03:02:39 17/05/2019
Angora wasn't sure why Ilasi was still speaking to her, especially in a place like Veris' pen. Perhaps Maverick was still attempting for them to be friends? Whatever Ilasi's reason for being there, Angora decided to stop speculating and just answer.
"Well, just make sure you don't screw it. Know how many girls would be green with envy if they knew what kind of man you have?" Angora said, in a tone of voice that almost sounded like she was teasing her.
"Anyway, you truly are lucky. Must be nice... you know... falling in love..." she then said, looking a bit glum. Angora has seen her fair share of people in love, and it looked like a very pleasant feeling, even if some people acted stupid. While she believed it would be nice for her to have the same feeling, even if it was just once in her life, she was already used to the idea of never having anybody like that. After all, the circumstances of her life made it too impossible to even consider it.
---
#1432 Posted: 03:03:44 17/05/2019
The tiefling turned to Raclaw as he began talking about his past. "Oh, you were raised on a farm?" Kasidra asked. She was surprised that was his upbringing. So he was never wild? She nodded along with his words. "That's nice. Sounds like life has treated you well then," Kasidra commented. She fell silent after that, thinking about his last words. There wasn't a lot in life she had much of a say or choice in, at least that was how she felt on the matter, but such experiences hadn't exactly led her to happiness. The tiefling managed to survive and live a satisfying enough life, she supposed, but there wasn't much happiness there, mostly contentment.
---
#1433 Posted: 03:50:52 17/05/2019
If Ilasi thought she reached a dead end before, she hit a brick wall now - completely unsure of how to proceed. What could she say that could not possibly backfire?
Veris let out a sympathetic groan - the little consolation he could offer Angora. Veris would never have a problem finding a mate, with his superior breeding - but what of Angora, who was considerably the opposite?
"I... I, uh... is there anything I can do for you, Angora?" Ilasi gave a mental facepalm after saying that - what was she going to do, suddenly solve Angora's problem?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1434 Posted: 04:03:39 17/05/2019
For Angora, Veris' consolation was almost like a massage. His gentle growl vibrated very nicely from his belly. She then gave a small smile to Ilasi, not thinking anything bad about her comment.
"Hey, don't worry about it. Nobody can do anything about it. Besides, I already learned to cope with it. I'm a troll with a very unfavorable condition, but even if I was of normal size, it would still be too difficult to find somebody. Too many of my kind are just so violent and stupid." Angora commented, reassuring Ilasi and taking her cute attempt to help remarkably well. While Angora did desired to fall in love someday and see how it feels, she was already accepting of the possibility of never happening.
---
#1435 Posted: 13:03:12 17/05/2019
Quote:
The tiefling turned to Raclaw as he began talking about his past. "Oh, you were raised on a farm?" Kasidra asked. She was surprised that was his upbringing. So he was never wild? She nodded along with his words. "That's nice. Sounds like life has treated you well then," Kasidra commented. She fell silent after that, thinking about his last words. There wasn't a lot in life she had much of a say or choice in, at least that was how she felt on the matter, but such experiences hadn't exactly led her to happiness. The tiefling managed to survive and live a satisfying enough life, she supposed, but there wasn't much happiness there, mostly contentment.

Raclaw lowered his ears again-- realising what he had done. Kasidra's feelings on the subject were very clear. Perhaps happiness wasn't the right word? Unexpected? New? Intriguing? But then again, nothing remains a mystery for long when you're stuck in one place for so many years. Just as he had been stuck on a farm, Kasidra had been stuck ion a island.

"It wasn't all happiness--," Raclaw began to say again. "I left the farm two years early wanting to see more than the same fields, the same pond, and the same nearby village. For a time-- I tried to survive on my own and without human help. I had been taught basic survival skills, but I lacked the experience and I struggled. Of course I did eventually adapt well enough, but I would've never met Latnok had those specific circumstances not happened. I would've never been there to save Chester here and I would've never experienced everything that I have experienced. Your experiences thus far may seem for naught, but perhaps life still has something in store for you.," he tried to correct his actions recalling his past. Memories of a younger hungrier Raclaw would likely trigger their associated feelings in the bonded Latnok.
---
#1436 Posted: 13:14:52 17/05/2019
"Oh, I'm sure there's someone rather unique that you'd eventually get along with..." Ilasi said optimistically. "I never thought I'd find anyone either, but... here we are! And there's still so much more to do on this journey - and more than likely there are more unique people who dwell here. But I guess it's okay to take things one step at a time." Ilasi still felt very awkward, but things were going excellently with Angora - just as Maverick had said.

As the ship neared the shore, Leoquin brought it around to be parallel to the shore, as the crew readied the anchors. Laszur was up and about, but had little to do - training Shade was difficult on the boat, and most of the seamanship tasks went to others.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1437 Posted: 13:30:39 17/05/2019
"Well, I don't get my hopes up to avoid any disappointments. It's better that way." Angora commented calmly, already used to the idea of never finding anyone despite Ilasi's encouragement. Maverick already had someone, and Shade wasn't alone in the world, so he had better chances.

Angora's gloomy thoughts were interrupted with the sudden swaying of the ship.
"Oh boy, don't tell me we're entering another stupid storm?" she said bitterly, still hating the last one that occurred.
"Better get ready Ilasi. Looks like you'll have plenty of work soon. Find Maverick and help him. Or find shelter with Dahlia if things get too rough. That poor cow gets so lonely and nervous. I'll stay with this silly beast for a while. Tell Maverick I'll catch up with him later." Angora said, remembering Maverick was in charge of her. She signaled Veris to turn around and rest on his belly while she got off. It was a more calming position. She still didn't know if Ilasi came for a mere conversation, but if she did, she still believed Maverick suggested it to her. She didn't say anything though, and pretended the mermaid took the decision on her own.
---
#1438 Posted: 15:38:31 17/05/2019
With Raclaw's own memories of hunger, Latnok recalled how often he himself would go hungry as a child - before he forcibly separated himself from his mother. From there, his own hunting intuition turned into a practiced skill, which he refined over time - though he never expected it to be refined this far. Overall, a feeling of satisfaction would come over him, thinking of how far he had come.
But what did he really want? That particular thought had echoed in his head ever since he was recovered from his disappearance. Was this life what he wanted - or was it just the first purpose he found and clung on to?
One way or another, he'd find out.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1439 Posted: 20:49:40 17/05/2019
The tiefling nodded along. Kasidra understood that feeling. She had been stranded on that one particular island long enough to get bored of the environment. She rarely stayed in one place for very long, and she was trapped on that island too long for comfort. The tiefling just felt the urge to leave, but couldn't on her own. Even as Raclaw explained how he tried to survive on his own, it sounded familiar. Kasidra knew that experience as well. Doing whatever it takes to survive, without any outside help, yet still struggling at first. However, that was where the comparisons stopped. She understood what the fur dragon was saying, but nothing that nice had happened yet. Sure, the tiefling had a lot of experiences, but she was generally on her own. Even when she had allies to work with, Kasidra generally felt alone. Although, maybe that would change someday. "Maybe..." she muttered quietly.
---
#1440 Posted: 21:14:35 17/05/2019
As Kasidra muttered her response-- Chester rubbed up against her as if to show his support in his own way. "I can't promise that you're find someone and I know that our situations are not the same, but-- but I can tell you this. You are on a ship heading away from the island from which you have trapped for many years, you are encountering new people and new(er) environments, and you will continue to continue to retain the lessons from which you have learned over the years. No-one can promise that you'll find companionship or true happiness-- but there is hope and we can at least help you try for as long as you are with us. As Latnok once said.. we take care of our own.," Raclaw responded speaking from the heart. If anyone had ever told him that he would've one day allowed himself to be claimed and commit to what could very well be a lifetime of companionship and friendship, he would've never believed them. And yet here he was on an Guardian Ship, with an Guardian companion, and even a dog to keep him company. He considered himself very fortunate.
---
#1441 Posted: 22:26:01 17/05/2019
When Chester rubbed up against her, Kasidra knelt down to his level in order to pet him. "I guess you're right," she said to Raclaw. She offered up a faint smile. "Thank you," she said quietly. The tiefling didn't know if she'd ever find lasting companionship or true happiness, and she doubted that she would, but the time spent on this ship with this crew was nice so far. They treated her well and Kasidra appreciated that.
---
#1442 Posted: 23:03:09 17/05/2019
The massive congregation of worshippers moved through the passageways like a river of water. All over the ceiling, fancy lights from various gems could be seen, far above a height reasonably reachable from the ground, as torches illuminated the way.
The final passageway would end with a massive door, opened to reveal an even more massive hall - with four obelisks set in the corners, and a wide, somewhat elevated platform in the middle.
"This is where we must separate," Shepherd directed Icestorm. "I will be leading us in worship - and I must do that alone."

Latnok could appreciate Kasidra petting Chester - if she got along with his furry friends, who were both capable of sensing certain aspects of people he could not, then it was very likely that his intuition was correct. For now, Latnok didn't say anything further, instead taking in the moment as the ship stopped on the shore. The sun was slipping down the horizon, as the sky turned into a radiant orange, enhanced by the clear sea view.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1443 Posted: 23:21:41 17/05/2019
After Ilasi left, Angora massaged Veris' shoulders, wanting to calm him down. The ship was swaying around, meaning they were entering troublesome waters. And restless waters usually meant a storm. Although that wasn't always the case, so Angora hoped they were just strong currents. From her position, she could look at Veris' snout, and some of his fangs. They looked healthy, but a cleaning would help.
"Say Veris, does Sere ever cleans your teeth? I know he grooms you and everything, but I don't think I've ever seen him do it. I do it to... well, use to do it to Shady, and he loves it. It helps him eat better and be more comfortable." Angora asked, hoping she could understand his sign language. She was still skeptical about such a task, but knowing how much Veris ate, cleaned teeth would certainly help the experience be slightly more pleasant. Not to mention that doing something Sere probably never did would gather extra point from Angora, and perhaps a slightly better treatment.

At the main deck, Maverick was preparing for anything. The weather wasn't bad but it was indicating that may not be the case soon, so he stayed on guard. As he studied the sky and sea, he was praying for a pleasant conversation between Ilasi and Angora. He knew the troll and how she never meant any harm, but it was possibly that Angora was still angry deep inside about what happened, so he could only hope she didn't take some of her anger off on Ilasi, who had nothing to do with what happened.
---
#1444 Posted: 23:44:39 17/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Icestorm noded. “Lead us well.” He said.
---
SC
#1445 Posted: 00:44:19 18/05/2019
The ship arriving at the shore did not go unnoticed by residents of the island, one of whom was watching from atop the island's mountain. With the view she had, the dragon could see just about everything on her island. Nothing happened here without her knowing about it. She growled when she saw the ship, electricity crackling through her furred body. She shot her lightning breath at the sky, which would appear to be a normal lightning strike to anyone who saw. The lightning breath attracted dark clouds overhead, causing lightning to strike back down on the island. Thunder rumbled as a storm was brewing.
---
#1446 Posted: 00:57:04 18/05/2019
Veris shook his head from side to side - the typical "no" gesture, as many others would know it as, that he was taught. At this point, he was curious about what a tooth cleaning exactly involved - but it helped Shade eat better? And Angora wouldn't do it for him unless it was good, right?
Veris opened his mouth very wide for Angora, exposing all of his fangs. He didn't even move when the sound of thunder roared above, too interested was he in what Angora had to offer.

Most on board, Latnok, Leoquin, and Ilasi included, would immediately notice the sudden change from just a rough patch of water to a storm beginning to gather. At least they were on the shore this time.
"Well, this sucks," Leoquin said, as he came down with everyone else. Rain would force him to his aquatic form, which he did not want just now. Latnok, suspecting something unnatural was involved, telekinetically pulled the bow he had laying around by a pole, though he didn't nock an arrow just yet. Ilasi wasn't quite sure how to proceed, but she was prepared to cast a divination spell once she had more of a general idea what she neded to be looking for.
Sere came up onto the deck soon after, with the ship's stop having triggered his arrival. He took a look at the seeming gathering storm, and was ready to call the crew to action once something significant happened.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1447 Posted: 01:30:14 18/05/2019
Kasidra looked to the island upon hearing the thunder and saw the lightning as well. The idea of dealing with another storm made her tense up again, even though they were already at shore. She noticed everyone else get ready to deal with some kind of threat, and stood by, waiting for orders.

The thunder rumbled louder as lightning struck. The dragon roared along with the thunder, almost blending the two sounds together into one. She watched the ship from her perch.

Meanwhile, it wasn't the dragon who was approaching the ship. Approaching from the water behind them was a pack of small, speedy creatures. Although, they weren't swimming, they were instead running along the surface of the water at high speed. The creatures were a pack of aquatic raptors, roughly the size of a chicken, and mostly blue in color. They had a row of fins running along their spine, from their head to their tail. They had ear fins, as well as webbed hands and feet, and fins on their elbows. When the pack reached the ship, they jumped at the side and began climbing up it with their claws.
---
#1448 Posted: 02:01:28 18/05/2019
The crew on deck grabbed weapons from racks and barrels, as Sere rushed to the emergency bell set up during the last repairs. Latnok stood in wait with an arrow loaded; Laszur had become invisible; Leoquin had a spear armed; and Ilasi was prepared to do what she could to help with magic.
"Couldn't just be an easy day today, could it?" Latnok said dryly. As he said such, he realized that Kasidra might have a chance to showcase her skills here...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1449 Posted: 02:09:59 18/05/2019
As the creatures began to storm the ship-- the actual storm had become the least of their problems as Raclaw quickly expanded his tail spikes. As Raclaw lifted his tail posed to strike, what previously looked like an originary tail band would now sport four spikes jetting out of opposite ends. "Well-- this island isn't boring at least.," Raclaw said getting into a defensive position. Chester stayed behind Raclaw, while Risar withdrew his two 8 pound great axes elsewhere on deck. "Men-- get ready!," the large minotaur shouted having no doubt seen his fair share of battle. Between the two mighty greataxes and his his two very large horns, Risar's appearance would be very intimidating to most people.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:19:19 18/05/2019 by redwes
#1450 Posted: 02:30:11 18/05/2019
As the pack climbed up onto the deck, the first couple of members unleashed an icy breath that started to cover the deck in ice. As more came, they began to surround the crew and lunge at them to attack. They jumped and pounced at them, primarily striking with teeth and claws. Others aimed ice breaths at the larger, more intimidating looking threats in order to freeze them in place, if successful.

Latnok, Risar, and Leoquin were among the ones being attacked with ice. While one or two would attack with ice, other pack members would close in on them to surround them and pounce when they had an opening. A few of the pack members rushed at Sere to surround him and lunge at him from all angles.

The pack seemed to be keeping their distance from larger creatures, though, such as Raclaw and Shade. They seemed hesitant to get any closer. Fear could be sensed from them. Instead of attacking them at all, they ignored them and focused on the humanoid crew members.

One pack member rushed at Kasidra and lunged at her. Once it was in the air, the tiefling raised a hand and balled it into a fist. The creature's blood flow slowed to a stop, constricting the creature and preventing it from moving. It hovered there in the air, until Kasidra sent it flying off the side of the ship with a wave of her hand, releasing her grip on its blood once it disappeared over the side.
---
First | Previous | Page 29 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me