Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 28 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1351 Posted: 22:23:57 15/05/2019
Kasidra's request only served to confirm his isdeas about her, and pleased him even more. "I would be more than happy to teach you some more spells of mine," he offered. "There are few things I like more than someone who's eager to learn and train. Please, feel free to ask me if you have any questions. And do know - I won't bite." Latnok still recalled how Angora and Ilasi reacted to his eforts at teaching them, and was really hoping not to intimidate Kasidra. Meanwhile, he waited for Raclaw to be ready to continue after the brief interruption.

"This place is just one of the many manifestations of the effort we are putting in to make this a world for all of us," Shepherd said. "We hope to have every place in the world like this one day - a place where everyone is free to engage and join each other in fellowship. YOu have been spurned by your old companions... but it's time to start ane. In time, they too will join us, once they see what we have to offer them - but that will be later. Here, in this area - on all of Falcon's Beak right now - deities are powerless. This area is for us - and eventually, through spreading the message of hope and unity, we are seeking to have everyone join us willingly. For is unity really unity if people only follow with a sword to their throat? Naturally, there will be times when we are forced to be more flexible - but that will not deter us from our path."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8770
#1352 Posted: 22:57:40 15/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“But if make places like this won’t you get the attention of Orion? I’m sure he wouldn’t like the fact you defy him.” Icestorm said. Though he wished to belong somewhere he still respected Orion.
---
SC
#1353 Posted: 23:21:00 15/05/2019
"Orion has had his chance," Shepherd said. "He has failed us. Why is there so much conflict and strife? He does not serve the people - so the will of the people will persevere. The many versus the one."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1354 Posted: 23:25:10 15/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“But he doesn’t want to interfere.” Icestorm said. He then thought for a moment. “He doesn’t right?”
---
SC
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8830
#1355 Posted: 23:29:19 15/05/2019
With Latnok in place again-- Raclaw was ready to try again and would annouce his intent as he once again breathed fire into the air. They knew that it worked and they knew what to do; they only needed to get the timing right and to do consistently. Upon the second attempt, the fire collided with with the force bolt and caught more of it ablaze. What came out was an apple-sized flame "ball" appealing more to what Chester had wanted in the first place. Raclaw looked at the newly enlarged burn mark with an impressed nod pleased at what he or they had done. "Oh hey-- it's a ball now!," Chester commented with joy.

Elsewhere, it wouldn't take long for the freed prisoners to find Risar. The large minotaur would quickly find them jobs after they explained what had happened with Latnok and Angora. He couldn't say that he was entirely surprised that the troll had found herself in trouble again.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#1356 Posted: 23:39:59 15/05/2019
Shepherd gave a sigh - a sigh of disappointment at Icestorm's naivety. "Orion has already interfered, and will continue to interfere when he wishes," he said. "He only interferes in a way that suits him, however. He doesn't care what happens to anyone else. Orion plays favorites with certain individuals, while leaving millions of others to their fate.
"We would have a world with a god who will actually solve our problems - Orion's pride, however, would cause him to interfere, and to that end, we are working day and night to create environments where he will not be able to intercede. Would you want to serve a god who would destroy your attempts at improving your life based on his own pride?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9878
#1357 Posted: 23:40:52 15/05/2019
Kasidra smiled when Latnok said he'd be happy to teach her more spells. She nodded in understanding at his following words. She would have to keep this in mind for the future and remember to ask whatever question was on her mind.

When the two started practicing again, the tiefling watched in anticipation. She saw the spells collide into more of a fire ball and create more of a burn mark on their target. Kasidra grinned and quietly clapped her gloved hands. The combination spell was impressive already. She wondered what else the pair could do together.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1358 Posted: 23:44:55 15/05/2019
Quote: A Guy
Sere got up to leave the office - the order for Maverick to follow being implied. He himself was curious as to how the troll would be faring.
They soon arrived, with Sere opening the brig door - Angora looking seemingly unperturbed. The other three prisoners weren't there, though Sere knew they were there yesterday - presumably Latnok releasing them to give Angora some alone time? Whatever the case, he wouldn't be surprised if they were thrown right back in after Angora was released.
"Go ahead, Maverick," Sere commanded as he watched expectantly.

When Maverick saw Angora, his jaw dropped. That position... was she doing what he thought she was doing?
"Angora? Angorita?" he called gently, kneeling before her. Angora had a warm smile on her face. She opened her eyes slowly, and delight wasn't even the right word to describe how she felt when seeing him. She knew that the yoga daydream was a hopeful lie, but this wasn't. She couldn't help giving Maverick a good, tight hug.
"I missed you too mi Angorita." Maverick responded, returning the hug, but feeling choked. Angora saw Sere, and while she wasn't exactly pleased to see him, her face and mannerism showed nothing to suggest it. She kept it to herself. Maverick was there, and that's what counted.
"You must be so sick and tired of bailing me out." she said with some sadness, but Maverick just shook his head.
"No no. Never say that. You're my sis..." Maverick commented warmly, almost making Angora cry, but she held it out. While their relationship had been more or less like siblings, it was the first time Maverick said the word so openly. She lowered her ears in deep sorrow, wondering why Maverick was still not giving up on her, especially now that he had a girlfriend.

Angora fell into a deep silence, but Maverick knew this reunion couldn't prolong itself any longer.
"I heard. Another confrontation with señor Latnok again, eh? Don't worry Angorita. It's in the past now, and you have the chance to make amends. I don't know exactly what happened, but whatever it was, I'm certain you didn't mean it that way." Maverick said, knowing Angora well enough to believe that whatever bad thing she did, it wasn't on purpose.
"He won't want to talk to me." Angora said, believing that Latnok would never want to see her again. And she didn't want to talk to someone who didn't have an ounce of faith in her.
"Even if he doesn't, at least you'll have the satisfaction that you tried. You can apologize. And he can forgive you. But first, you have to forgive yourself. I know you can find the right words to make amends. I know you can Angorita." Maverick motivated, demonstrating the infinite faith he had in this once unloved creature. Angora was so grateful to have a friend like him, the first who never gave up on her, and was still on her side despite everything. Ilasi would be a fool to leave him behind.

Maverick grabbed Angora's hand and helped her get up. If she had been doing yoga like what he believed he witnessed, that means she was much more calmer than before, so this could work.
"We're ready mi capitán." Maverick commented to Sere, managing a smile. Angora was following his example, but hers was more of a nervous smile.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1359 Posted: 23:54:56 15/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“Well no.” Icestorm said. “Will you help me do what it takes?”
---
SC
#1360 Posted: 23:57:47 15/05/2019
Sere stood to the side as Maverick and Angora shared a moment, not interfering with their reunion. Though he couldn't really appreciate the sappiness of the gestures, Maverick would hopefully know what he was doing. Sere was ready to move as soon as Maverick announced his own readiness.
"First things first - Angora is going to speak to Latnok, and tell him what she did wrong and what the importance of the rule she broke is. If he's satisfied, we'll move on from there, with you as her guide, Maverick. Latnok and Risar are extensions of me - I don't want to hear of her causing problems in my crew. This will be the time she finally complies with the rules and regulations on board this ship as well as everyone else does. Do I make myself clear?" Sere left the door to the brig open, giving Maverick and Angora clearance to pass once they were done talking.

Latnok and Raclaw kept at the combination spell for a while - some of the results more successful than others, but with a general upward trend in reliability. After several more practice runs, Latnok decided to call a break.
"Don't want to turn this into a mind-numbing process, do we?" Latnok said. "We'll relax for now. Any ideas on what you guys want to do?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1361 Posted: 00:08:54 16/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade meanwhile had been laying in his usual spot wondering when his next training session would be. He did hope it was flying but he wouldn’t let that get him down if it wasn’t.
---
SC
#1362 Posted: 00:30:29 16/05/2019
Shepherd offered Icestorm a handshake. "We will do all that, and more," he said reassuringly. "All we request is your faith and devotion."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1363 Posted: 00:33:44 16/05/2019
Sere stood to the side as Maverick and Angora shared a moment, not interfering with their reunion. Though he couldn't really appreciate the sappiness of the gestures, Maverick would hopefully know what he was doing. Sere was ready to move as soon as Maverick announced his own readiness.
"First things first - Angora is going to speak to Latnok, and tell him what she did wrong and what the importance of the rule she broke is. If he's satisfied, we'll move on from there, with you as her guide, Maverick. Latnok and Risar are extensions of me - I don't want to hear of her causing problems in my crew. This will be the time she finally complies with the rules and regulations on board this ship as well as everyone else does. Do I make myself clear?" Sere left the door to the brig open, giving Maverick and Angora clearance to pass once they were done talking.

Angora was very sure on what got Latnok so upset, and while she still believed his reaction was an abusive exaggeration, she was going to let her feelings and opinions aside.
"Sí mi capitán." Maverick replied, with Angora nodding softly and with a serene expression. She was already working on what she was going to say to Latnok, and whether he accepted and listened, it was going to be his business. Like Maverick said, she was going to have the satisfaction of the attempt. Latnok could rot in his hate and grudge for all she cared, but she wasn't going to let hatred consume her. She knew too well how harmful it was to have such a negative feeling in her heart, how damaging it was to the soul and health, and while she didn't think nice things about Latnok, she didn't want to hate him. If he decided to do that to her, it would be his problem. He would be the damaged party. Not her. She was going to follow Maverick's advice, and make him proud.
---
#1364 Posted: 00:43:46 16/05/2019
Quote:
Latnok and Raclaw kept at the combination spell for a while - some of the results more successful than others, but with a general upward trend in reliability. After several more practice runs, Latnok decided to call a break.
"Don't want to turn this into a mind-numbing process, do we?" Latnok said. "We'll relax for now. Any ideas on what you guys want to do?"

"I'm not sure-- any ideas Kasidra?," Raclaw said having recognised that Latnok was getting along quite well with the newcomer. It was a positive development and both he and Chester were happy to spend more time with Tiefling. And if they could show something new to Kasidra, perhaps the reverse could be true as well. "I like her so far!," Chester barked encouraging further activity and knowing that the Tiefling wouldn't be able to understand.
---
#1365 Posted: 00:54:08 16/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Icestorm hesitated for a moment but eventually shook his hand. “As long as we are pieceful.”
---
SC
#1366 Posted: 01:04:38 16/05/2019
"Well, we could always keep Chester here entertained with a nice game of fetch," Latnok suggested. "Or give him a bath - or maybe some swimming practice. Either way, probably a good chance to just sit around and unwind with a drink, shoot some stories around, that kind of thing. If we're going to be working together, might as well get to know each other, and I can't say that you're the type of person I see every day." Latnok wondered how hesitant Chester would be for the middle or latter options he suggested - but this was as good an opportunity as any.

As Icestorm shook Shepherd's hand, there would suddenly be a surge of unity and oneness through his mind - as if he was connected to everyone in the room. He would get a general idea of how everyone else felt - how everyone else thought. And what was immediately apparent was everyone's determination for one goal.
"Perfect timing," Shepherd said. "We are about to begin a procession at the Hall of Mortals. We will be marching there soon."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1367 Posted: 01:14:15 16/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“What is this I’m feeling? I feel like I can feel the unity of everyone here.” Icestorm said.
---
SC
#1368 Posted: 01:19:59 16/05/2019
"Hmm..." Kasidra pondered their options for a moment, trying to decide on what to do. She thought of training or learning magic, but she didn't want to bother Latnok if he wanted to take a break. A break sounded fine to her, but she didn't usually spend her free time with others, so she was sort of at a loss on what to do with them. When Latnok listed activities they could do with Chester, the tiefling smiled. "That sounds fine," she said. "I've never taken care of a dog before." Kasidra glanced at the beagle. "What do you think, little guy? What do you want to do?" She wanted Chester to have a say, even if she couldn't understand him herself.

The tiefling nodded slightly at Latnok's point of getting to know each other. "That sounds reasonable. It helps to know what kind of people you're working with." She smiled slightly, "no, I imagine not. Tieflings aren't exactly a common sight."
---
#1369 Posted: 02:07:15 16/05/2019
"What you are feeling is an integral part of how we function, and how we will achieve our goals," Shepherd explained to Icestorm. "When everyone can think, feel, and act as one, everyone will work towards a common goal. With perfect understanding, there will be no room for mistakes from which conflict wells up. There will be peace and harmony because we will all want the same thing, and will all know what to do to accomplish it. With no one person's thoughts overruling another, there will be no room for tyranny."

Latnok would continue to speak as Chester made his decision. "Being on this ship has given me much more down time than I'm used to," he mentioned. "As good as constant training is, you need rest in order to let your body recover and rebuild after the physical strain, and to give your mind a chance to absorb all of the practice. The captain's been spreading himself thin as of very late - I don't think he realizes just how much it bothers his men to see their captain constantly worn out. He's usually a busy man, from what I've known of him before I've been accompanying him regularly, but I don't think it's been quite to this extent." Though Latnok was still in relatively high spirits, his concern for Sere could be heard in his voice, if his words weren't any indication.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:27:24 16/05/2019 by A Guy
#1370 Posted: 02:55:04 16/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“I just want to belong.” Icestorm said. “May I ask a request if you don’t mind.”
---
SC
#1371 Posted: 02:59:17 16/05/2019
"Speak and be heard, child," Shepherd urged.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1372 Posted: 03:06:47 16/05/2019
Latnok would continue to speak as Chester made his decision. "Being on this ship has given me much more down time than I'm used to," he mentioned. "As good as constant training is, you need rest in order to let your body recover and rebuild after the physical strain, and to give your mind a chance to absorb all of the practice. The captain's been spreading himself thin as of very late - I don't think he realizes just how much it bothers his men to see their captain constantly worn out. He's usually a busy man, from what I've known of him before I've been accompanying him regularly, but I don't think it's been quite to this extent." Though Latnok was still in relatively high spirits, his concern for Sere could be heard in his voice, if his words weren't any indication.

His concerns would only increase when Maverick intercepted him. Latnok looked very distracted with his friends and newcomer, so he didn't like interrupting him. Angora was behind Maverick, but stopped hiding, being by his side but a little further behind so that Latnok could see her.
"Señor Latnok? Mil disculpas for this intrusion, but... can I talk?" Maverick asked, with Angora afraid on how he would treat the two of them. She imagined Latnok would be extremely disappointed to see her free, since that would mean Maverick has yet again convinced his superior to keep giving her chances, but with what she wanted to say, she hoped it could solve some of the issue, since her words were going to come from the heart. She didn't want hate to overwhelm her, or misery to continue being part of her life, even though she doubted her words alone would make Latnok stop hating her.
---
#1373 Posted: 03:11:59 16/05/2019
Latnok turned to Maverick - immediately seeing Angora with him. "Wow, the captain sure got to you quick, didn't he?" he said, not sounding disappointed at all. "I'd take it that your very short brig trip this time was enough of a wake-up call for you? That he's giving you one very last chance and hoping that seeing the reality of things now encourages you to think differently?" Latnok doubted that Angora would be able to maintain any such act for more than a few days, but was curious to see how it'd end.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1374 Posted: 03:37:59 16/05/2019
Raclaw and Chester briefly discussed among themselves before answering just prior to Maverick and Angora showing up. The little Beagle didn't flinch at much as he used to at the thought of water, although the word 'bath' still held a somewhat negative association with it. "I honestly wouldn't mind a good game of fetch!," he then barked in an excited tone. "Fetch you say? Well-- that means we need your ball, don't we?," Raclaw responded in common as he coyly smiled at both Chester and Kasidra. 'Access stash.,' he then thought to himself as a small portal soon appeared in front of him. "Watch this.," he then said out loud as he seemingly pulled a clear belled ball out of thin air.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:41:20 16/05/2019 by redwes
#1375 Posted: 03:39:48 16/05/2019
Like Angora, Maverick believed Latnok would be extremely disappointed that Angkra was free. He showed an emotion alright... but it wasn't disappointment? Was it... sarcasm? Maverick didn't know what it was, but it was scary.
"Señor? If you could have a word with..." Maverick began to say, but stopped when Angora grabbed his hand.
"Maverick. Maverick. My apologies for interrupting you. I thank you for bringing me here, but it is I who should speak to Latnok." Angora stated, surprising her hybrid friend. Was she trying to do this alone? He didn't think she was in the mood to take such iniciative. Perhaps the yoga really did the trick.

Maverick backed away, but remained nearby. Angora was feeling fine, better than she expected. The yoga really worked, and despised herself for not trying it before. She looked at Latnok in the eyes, not feeling any fear, though still feeling uneasy. But this was a huge step nevertheless. She would talk to Latnok... without Maverick backing her up. Enough of him always aiding her. This was a step she wanted to take alone, without anyone helping her.
"Mr. Latnok, sir? I think we need to talk... in private. I can understand if you don't want to, or don't feel ready, but I'm willing to do so whenever the time is right sir." Angora said, not drifting her eyes from his. She was facing him, and feeling very proud of herself to do so. Her tone of voice was calm and respectful. It was nearly impossible to tell these two just had a heavy disagreement a little less than an hour ago. She was ready to talk to him, completely alone, without Maverick, or even his friends Raclaw and Chester.
---
#1376 Posted: 03:54:57 16/05/2019
Latnok maintained a neutral, professional expression, though he was rather intrigued internally. "So... looks like you intend to take this seriously. Which is reasonable." Latnok gave a glance to his friends - was Kasidra to be considered a friend now, or was it too early? - and then looked back at Angora. As much as he hated having his own time interrupted, he had a job, and took it seriously.
"I'll be back," Latnok notified the others. "I have to take care of this. We're headed to my room, Angora." Latnok began leading the way, assuming Angora would follow.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1377 Posted: 04:06:11 16/05/2019
Angora followed without question or hesitation, signaling Maverick to stay where he was.
"You got this..." he mouthed, wanting to have absolute faith in Angora like he always have, and pray that Latnok could finally have a heart with her, demonstrate some of that gentle compassion he showed when he was with Raclaw and the beagle.

Even though Angora maintained a calm demeanor, her heart was beating faster than a mouse, feeling like it was going to burst out of her chest at any moment. She really didn't want to do this, but knew she had to. It was the only way. Alone with Latnok, without their respective friends, it was the best way to see the real sides of each other.
---
#1378 Posted: 04:13:12 16/05/2019
Latnok and Angora passed through the cabins, meeting one or two other crew members who quickly made way. He would usher Angora into his room when they finally got there.
"Take a seat," Latnok ordered, as he himself took a seat on his bed. "Let's hear what you have to say." He didn't know what would come out of Angora's mouth, but nothing would surprise him at this point.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1379 Posted: 04:31:39 16/05/2019
Angora took a seat, and waited for a little while before speaking to give her heart a chance to calm down.
"I wanted to apologize for what happened earlier..." she started to say.
"I realize I didn't address to you the way it's suppose to be. Believe me sir when I say I meant no disrespect. Just when I think I finally got things right, I do something horrendous like this. I don't want to be a burden. I don't want to cause trouble. I just want to be helpful and do things right. I've made some heavy mistakes that I'm aware of, but I always try to amend things. I don't want to be the same, rude horrendous troll I once was. I don't. I want to do things right and help. I... really believed I was addressing you correctly... but I was wrong and I hope you can forgive me someday. I really want to make things work sir. I want to make things right. And I... was really hoping that we could be... that we could still have a better relationship, but I will understand if that's out of the question." Angora expressed, feeling like fainting. However, she managed to say those words completely, barely stammering and looking at Latnok in the eyes every time. She didn't know if Latnok was going to forgive her or let the hate linger within him, but she was pleased with her words. This wasn't fake talk this time. Angora meant everything, and saying those words gave her peace of mind, something that wasn't going to change regardless on what Latnok's reaction afterwards will be. She did want to make things right and have a better relationship with him. A better relationship would be enough for her, since she now believed it to be impossible a genuine friendship.
---
#1380 Posted: 04:42:58 16/05/2019
Latnok gave Angora a blank stare as he pondered her words with his chin rested on the back of his hand. She certainly sounded genuine. She even chose to have this conversation in private when she could've had it with witnesses present - she was intending for this to be personal.
"Godfather Sere just wants to do his job," Latnok began. "I just want to do my job. In order to do that effectively, we need to know that there are certain things we can count on when there is the potential for many unknowns. All I want is someone who wants to do the same job I do. If I can't get that, then that's another unknown I have to deal with. Do you understand why that may be a problem?" Latnok would give Angora the chance to answer if she wished, before continuing.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1381 Posted: 04:58:44 16/05/2019
Latnok didn't looked entirely convinced by her words, something Angora saw coming a mile away. However, she was also prepared to answer.
"I do sir. From now on, no more questioning orders. I'll just do them. I won't take any personal actions that could jeopardize lives or strategies. I... can give suggestions if they are allowed, but no more doing actions of my own choosing like last time." Angora assured, still remembering the incident with the sea creature. No lives were lost back then, not counting what happened shortly afterwards of course, but things could've been so much worse.

"I'll just listen, and continue doing my job as always sir. So far, the only thing I can do well is taking care of the captain's mount... and I intend to keep doing that if he so desires. If I'm still forbidden from the kitchen, I'll understand and accept your conditions and ask you or Risar for the wyvern's food, as well as my own." Angora stated, wanting Latnok to know she won't question that decision, though it still baffled her why the new prohibition. Why wasn't she allowed in the kitchen when she had done a great job cleaning it? The answer eluded Angora, but she knew she had to accept it instead of questioning the reason.
---
#1382 Posted: 05:48:47 16/05/2019
Kasidra listened to Latnok, occasionally nodding along. She understood what he meant by the training. It was important, but so was resting. The tiefling had made sure to keep up with her training while being stranded on the island. Although, she still made sure to rest, and the peaceful environment was well suited for that. The mood seemed to shift as the topic changed to the captain. Kasidra could hear the concern in Latnok's voice. He really seemed to care for the old captain. She wished that there was a way to convince Sere to take a break, but he didn't seem like an easy man to persuade once his mind was made up.

The tiefling noticed two people approach, one of which being Angora. What was she doing here? Wasn't the troll supposed to be in the brig by now? Kasidra wasn't sure of what was going on, but she knew it was none of her business, so she stayed out of it. A part of her wondered if she should just quietly leave and let them sort this out without her there to witness it. She didn't have to, however, for Latnok and Angora left to talk in private instead. Kasidra watched them leave, then glanced at the remaining group.

She turned her attention to Raclaw as he began to speak common. She smiled at the fact that Chester apparently chose a game of fetch. Naturally, the game did sound more fun than the alternatives. Kasidra expected one of them to have to go to their room to get a ball, but that isn't what she witnessed. Instead, a small portal seemed to open up out of nowhere. At first, she was shocked and confused. Where did that come from? Why was it here? Then the fur dragon told her to watch before pulling a ball out of thin air. Kasidra just stared wide-eyed at the sight. Did he just create that portal and pull a ball out of it? Could dragons do that? Was that an ability that they had? Could Raclaw perform some kind of magic, aside from his fire breath?
---
#1383 Posted: 07:33:09 16/05/2019
Raclaw watched Kasidra's reaction and knew that the tiefling no doubt had many questions. It didn't take a telepath to be able to tell that much. "I-- I should explain.," Raclaw said with a smile seemingly proud of the ability. "It's my collar you see or rather the gem you see on my collar. It's a rather unique take on the hyperspace bag and it allows me to access my own personal extradimensional stash. I am able add or remove belongings as I see fit and can summon the portal at will via collar command. It was something I personally requested so that I may carry things while not having to carry them on my physical body.," he then explained upon silently closing the portal and placing the ball down on the nearby deck. Indeed, that little gem was one his most favorite things about his collar even if the extradimensional space currently only held a single item. It was one less item that neither he or Chester had to carry when they weren't actively using it. Chester watched the portal opening/closing action is slight awe, it always been an impressive sight to behold to his curious mind.
---
#1384 Posted: 07:58:43 16/05/2019
"Oh, that makes sense," Kasidra commented. It seemed simple enough with the explanation provided. With the collar being mentioned, she thought back to a previous conversation with the fur dragon. He had talked about his collar then and mentioned some unique quirks, but didn't go into detail at the time. So this was one of them? Provided by the gem, of course, but still a function the collar had. "That's cool. Something like that would have been useful before I lost most of my stuff in that storm." Kasidra sighed at the thought. About all she had left were her weapons and the clothes on her back. She was lucky to even have that, along with her life.
---
#1385 Posted: 08:26:35 16/05/2019
"I'm sorry to hear that.," Raclaw said lowering his ears and speaking in a sympathetic tone. He, personally, had never lost an item beside from perhaps purposely leaving it behind. He could never compare the 'loss' of a few several toys to what Kasidra had lost-- her belongings, her keepsakes, perhaps even a physical reminder of somewhere she used to call home. "At least you survived and at least you still have your hopes... that is something, right? And hey-- you're getting off the island at least.," he then said with a gentle smile trying to re-ensure her once again. Chester responded in a similar body language, although the little Beagle didn't try to re-ensure his the communication gap that lied between him and Kasidra.
---
#1386 Posted: 08:40:53 16/05/2019
"Thanks," Kasidra said. Her tone was flat, not quite upset, but not as neutral as before. She sighed. "Yeah, you have a point. My life's more important than a few things that can be replaced. Still sucks, though. Everything I had is somewhere at the bottom of the ocean. I hope the fish appreciate it," she huffed in a sort of breathy laugh. After a moment of silence, the tiefling glanced at the ball. "At least you still have your toy, Chester. Want me to throw it for you?" Kasidra offered. She wanted to move on and focus on something more pleasant.
---
#1387 Posted: 08:49:41 16/05/2019
"Yes please!," Raclaw barked in an excited tone as he dropped the ball near Kasidra and ran into the nearest open area. Raclaw smiled as Chester ran, pleased to see that the Beagle was getting what he wanted. The three companions were an unique trio, but they would do anything for each other.
---
#1388 Posted: 08:56:16 16/05/2019
"I don't think I need to understand dog to know what that meant." Kasidra laughed softly and picked up the ball. "Alright, here it goes!" She threw the ball, careful to not throw it too far, so that it wouldn't go off the side of the ship.
---
#1389 Posted: 09:13:14 16/05/2019
Chester, without hesitation, quickly received the ball and dropped it at Kasidra's feet again. The little beagle waited in a playful pose-- wagging his tail and waiting for the tiefling to throw it again. The little guy had a lot of energy built-up on this particular day. It would no doubt take a few throws at least to tire him out. Raclaw looked at Kasidra with a smile; Chester obviously had no issues with Kasidra thus far.
---
#1390 Posted: 09:18:01 16/05/2019
"Again, huh? Alright," Kasidra smiled. She bent over to pick up the ball again. She threw it, again careful to not lose it. The tiefling would feel guilty if she managed to lose their toy.
---
#1391 Posted: 09:43:17 16/05/2019
Latnok's glare harshened as he listened to Angora's answer. "Simple enough, isn't it? Just do what you're told, and show respect. That's all there is to it. I have absolutely no reason to have a problem with you if you're not looking to disrupt things and oppose us for the hell of it. It really is that simple."
Latnok picked his head up. "As for the kitchen - I'll leave it open for the time being. Don't ruin the food. Otherwise, is there anything unclear about how things run around here?" Latnok still didn't see this lasting for more than a few days - but wouldn't be opposed to at least trying things out.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1392 Posted: 09:51:15 16/05/2019
Quote: Cynder09
"Again, huh? Alright," Kasidra smiled. She bent over to pick up the ball again. She threw it, again careful to not lose it. The tiefling would feel guilty if she managed to lose their toy.

Chester would immediately run after the ball again before repeating the same exercise and 'asking' for it to be thrown again. "Dogs have a lot of energy and need to expend it. That's where games like this come into play-- as well as missions and things like swimming.," Raclaw explained knowing the Beagle very well as well as retaining some dog-like quirks himself. Chester still seemed to have a lot of energy after only a few throws.
---
#1393 Posted: 10:00:15 16/05/2019
Kasidra nodded in understanding. "That makes sense. Even I can get restless sometimes if I don't exercise or something. Alright, we'll keep going as long you need to, Chester," she smiled. She picked up the ball and threw it again. "So, Raclaw, what do you do for fun? I guess dragons don't exactly fetch, huh?"
---
#1394 Posted: 10:11:11 16/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“Can I be by your side through this unionization? I want to learn more.” Icestorm said.
---
SC
#1395 Posted: 13:47:56 16/05/2019
Latnok's glare harshened as he listened to Angora's answer. "Simple enough, isn't it? Just do what you're told, and show respect. That's all there is to it. I have absolutely no reason to have a problem with you if you're not looking to disrupt things and oppose us for the hell of it. It really is that simple."
Latnok picked his head up. "As for the kitchen - I'll leave it open for the time being. Don't ruin the food. Otherwise, is there anything unclear about how things run around here?" Latnok still didn't see this lasting for more than a few days - but wouldn't be opposed to at least trying things out.

Angora was pleased to know the kitchen would be open for her again, since she wasn't looking forward to asking him or Risar for permission each and every time she needed to go there. She felt insulted though when Latnok thought she would ruin the food. Was that the reason he forbade it? Did he truly believed she would go that low?
"I understand sir. And no, there isn't anything else." Angora replied, wanting to leave already, but decided it was better to wait until Latnok dismissed her. She still didn't think she was disrespectful the last time, but Latnok clearly did. He had this obsessive idea on what respect was. Since when did it had to be so terribly specific? From now on, she knew she had to be careful and follow Maverick's example. She knew her friend was respecting the Guardians, even if they didn't deserve it. She just had to somewhat copy the way he addressed to them and keep her emotions in check. Maverick had tons of experience in that after all, and if Angora could pull out the effort, she had to do the same. She saw a lot of yoga in her future though, and maybe some talks with Shepherd.
---
#1396 Posted: 14:01:05 16/05/2019
"In that case, we're done here," Latnok said as he stood up. "Be respectful, do what you're told, and don't get in anyone's way. Don't let me hear about you causing problems in the crew. Otherwise, not even Maverick will be able to help you. You've had ten chances too many - and you now see that we're men of our word." Angora had feigned respect for a day or so before in the past, but always reverted back to her old ways. Latnok figured that Maverick was the only reason Sere was still giving her a chance, after she showed that she didn't care about the captain's word and was unable to comprehend why he would do certain things.
Latnok, having no further business in his room, stepped to the door ahead of Angora, and quickly left.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1397 Posted: 14:23:58 16/05/2019
Angora walked out too, waiting for Latnok to be a considerable distance away before heading to the hallways. She felt like screaming, but at least the feeling wasn't as intense as other times. She was feelin relatively calm despite everything. Still, she believed the biggest mistake of her life was not accepting Shepherd's offer the first time. She was off the hook now, but she felt that it was only a matter of time before the paranoid and rule obsessed Latnok or even Sere misinterpreted her again. In order for her time here to work, she practically had to stop being herself, following orders like a slave and appeal to people with overbearing egos. And of course, there was a matter of what Shade's fate would be after they returned to Redwater. How she wished his mother would just take him away to be free and never see those greedy conquerors or the cruel Guardians. Even if he never saw his friends again, he would have his freedom, as well as his real family.

At the main deck, Maverick remained a distance away from Raclaw, Kasidra and Chester. He was happy to see the beagle play, and felt very glad for the newcomer to be getting along with them so well. How he wished he could join in the fun, but after everything that happened, he felt too embarrased to have that iniciative, not to mention that he was too worried about Angora to concentrate on anything else.
---
#1398 Posted: 15:36:27 16/05/2019
With Ilasi herself sitting and watching Chester from a distance, she soon found Maverick doing the same, and decided to accompany him.
"Maverick... are you okay?" Ilasi asked - knowing that Maverick had left in a state of extreme frustration. She didn't know what she could do to help, but that wouldn't stop her from trying if need be.
Latnok would come out in short order. He immediately returned to his previous spot, choosing to preempt any questions.
"Basically, Angora is likely on her very last chance - probably because her friend Maverick is a valuable crew member and managed to come through for her," he answered. "Her attitude for the moment has changed drastically - which it has before, but it never lasts. If she slips once, I promise you that her time here is done. Let me know if she gives any of you a problem - I'm tired of the toxic waste of space, and won't deal with it for a moment more than I have to."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1399 Posted: 16:12:12 16/05/2019
With Ilasi herself sitting and watching Chester from a distance, she soon found Maverick doing the same, and decided to accompany him.
"Maverick... are you okay?" Ilasi asked - knowing that Maverick had left in a state of extreme frustration. She didn't know what she could do to help, but that wouldn't stop her from trying if need be.

Maverick was quite furious about the whole new situation between Angora and Latnok, but didn't take his anger out on Ilasi and remained gentle with her.
"Latnok and Angorita again. Heh, same old, same old..." he commented gloomily and in a low voice, not even feeling like addressing to Latnok as señor right now. He wanted to go into details, but he didn't want to burst right there in front of his girlfriend or the nearby group, so he decided to do it at a later time when he was calmer and only if Ilasi really wanted to know. He realized Latnok returned to his friends, but he didn't even want to look at him.

Angora returned to the main deck, but used a different set of stairs to avoid looking at Latnok or the group. She wanted to see Maverick and give him another hug, but that would have to wait. He was probably talking with Latnok, and she didn't want to see that human for a long while. Instead, Angora headed to Sere's office, knocking on his door.
"Captain? It's me sir..." Angora called, knowing he would recognize her with the voice. She wanted to be with Veris and vent with him for a while, but Angora didn't know if she still had her job after what happened, so she decided it was better to make sure before doing anything else. She wasn't in the mood to see Sere either, but this should be brief...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:48:11 16/05/2019 by Felines
#1400 Posted: 18:01:04 16/05/2019
"I am but one person of many," Shepherd answered. "You will have the company of all of our brothers and sisters - we will all guide you. In time, as you grow in faith and devotion, so too will your knoeledge grow."

Ilasi could see her boyfriend was distraught - and though she didn't know the specifics, she knew what to expect by now when Latnok and Angora were mentioned in the same sentence. All she could do for now was give Maverick a hug.

Sere soon came over to the door, already knowing who it was by the way the knock sounded. As Sere finished opening the door, his view was already set down. "What questions do you have for me?" Sere asked roughly.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:06:33 16/05/2019 by A Guy
First | Previous | Page 28 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me