Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 27 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1301 Posted: 03:33:04 15/05/2019
Shepherd beckoned to Icestorm, as the giant root in the ground opened. "We will not only help you - we shall show you a world where you will have all of the company you will ever need. All we ask for is your faith in us. Now, come my child; into the root with me. Let me take you somewhere..."

Latnok gave Raclaw and Chester an intrigued look. "Well, no harm in trying in a controlled environment," he said - though he began to walk away. "One moment, though. Something I have to let Angora know." Latnok didn't mean to interrupt the session, but his experiment would require something, and he didn't want to forget.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9878
#1302 Posted: 03:35:38 15/05/2019
"Only by shear accident. I wasn't born here," Kasidra corrected. She nodded at the troll's following words. "True. He can fly. He's not stranded like I was," she said. The tiefling didn't really know what else to say now. She supposed she could have gone into how she got stuck here or what happened with Icestorm, but she didn't really want to discuss either of those things.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
redwes Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 8830
#1303 Posted: 03:37:21 15/05/2019
Raclaw offered a nod, while Chester eagerly waited for Latnok to say whatever he had to say to Angora. Raclaw wondered what Latnok was up to...
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1304 Posted: 03:48:16 15/05/2019
Quote: Cynder09
"Only by shear accident. I wasn't born here," Kasidra corrected. She nodded at the troll's following words. "True. He can fly. He's not stranded like I was," she said. The tiefling didn't really know what else to say now. She supposed she could have gone into how she got stuck here or what happened with Icestorm, but she didn't really want to discuss either of those things.

"Well, if Maverick and his girlfriend stayed there, it must mean the people are nice. Even if you are stranded, I think living on an island away from the world and it's troubles wouldn't be so bad. It'll get boring after a while I suppose, but I've lived enough in the continents and their problems. Trolls are not well received almost everywhere. I could only get through life cause I could fool people into thinking I was simply a deformed goblin. And it worked most of the time. Sure you had freedom, but there was also bigotry and hostility, and of course thieves and predators, who think you're easy target just cause you're so ridiculously small. Living on an island, or at least in a reclusive town would be a welcoming change of pace, maybe not forever, but for a while at least." Angora explained, surprising even herself on how open she was being to Kasidra to the point of telling her some of her life. It has been so long since she spoke to anybody this way, not counting Maverick or Shade of course.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1305 Posted: 03:52:32 15/05/2019
Latnok soon came over by Angora and Kasidra, making his presence known as he approached to avoid startling them and allow them to give him an entrance to speak. He immediately began as soon as he felt he had that entrance.
"Hey, Angora. Until further notice, only authorized personnel are allowed in the kitchen. If you need food for Veris, come talk to me or Risar, as the doors will be locked," he announced. He wondered if this would register as anything to her.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1306 Posted: 03:56:44 15/05/2019
Kasidra nodded slightly. "It's nice enough. Kind of boring, though. It made for a decent vacation, I guess, but I'm ready to leave now," she stated simply. She was quiet for a moment. "Sorry about your life. Sounds like you've had it rough." The tiefling fell silent again after that.

She might have said more about that, but she noticed Latnok heading this way. After seeing how Icestorm got treated for interrupting, she decided to stay quiet. Kasidra wasn't about to get in the way.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:57:57 15/05/2019 by Cynder09
#1307 Posted: 04:04:36 15/05/2019
Angora gave a brief scowl, wondering just where the heck did this came from. What was Latnok's problem now? Was he disappointed that she left the kitchen so clean, cause that mean he wouldn't have an excuse to scold and belittle her? Just what was wrong with him this time?
"Ok, sure. Alright." Angora replied casually, not even bothering to ask why she was forbidden from entering the kitchen now. Perhaps he meant to starve her? Angora didn't care for his reason or his problem, so she simply accepted the condition without question. Better for her. It meant one less chore for her. If she wanted food, she could always ask Maverick for some. He always kept nourishments in his hyperspace bag, and if Veris needed feeding, she could always ask the much kinder minotaur for entry.
---
#1308 Posted: 04:16:03 15/05/2019
Latnok gave Angora a death glare as his face soon twisted into an angry grimace. "Who the hell do you think you're talking to? 'Okay? All right?' You think you're above having to show a modicum of respect to me? All this time, and you still haven't learned? Did you not just see Icestorm get kicked off for less than the attitude you've had since we've met you? You've pissed the captain off enough, disobeyed and undermined his orders to his face in front of the crew, his patience has run out, and now you want to piss me off, too?
"I think you need another trip to the brig. You'll be on halved bread and water rations until the captain decides what to do with you." Latnok clearly had little patience for Angora at this point, and was willing to pick her up and carry her if she tarried.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1309 Posted: 04:26:34 15/05/2019
When Kasidra heard such a casual response from the troll, she grimaced and took a couple of steps back. After seeing what happened with Icestorm, she could already guess that this was going to get ugly, and fast. The tiefling was proven correct, when she saw Latnok's reaction. From the glare alone, Kasidra could immediately tell that the troll was in trouble. Based on his words, she could only guess that Angora may soon join Icestorm in being kicked off the ship. Although, Kasidra was somewhat surprised to hear that the troll may go to the brig instead. Was that because they were leaving the island, or was there another reason? The tiefling wasn't sure, but she wasn't about to interrupt and ask about it.
---
#1310 Posted: 04:26:36 15/05/2019
Angora was already expecting a volatile reaction from Latnok. He has become too annoyingly predictable. This time, she was glad Kasidra was there as a witness, so she could see with her own two eyes how particularly harsh her treatment was. But if Latnok was trying to provoke Angora to have a negative reaction out of her and have a better complain to Sere, she wasn't going to let him have that pleasure.
"My apologies sir. I was distracted in the middle of a conversation and I didn't responded the way I intended to. You took me off guard with the new order is all sir." Angora excused, with the most polite tone she could manage, and completely unfazed by Latnok's threat. She was so used to his harsh authority that hearing his voice was no different than being splashed with cold water. After a while, you get use to it.
---
#1311 Posted: 04:29:28 15/05/2019
"Seems you only care to show respect now that you realize there will actually be punishments for not doing so. You do know that what you've done on this ship so far would've gotten you executed or imprisoned for life almost everywhere else? Move. Now," Latnok ordered, undeterred by Angora's seeming reversal of attitude.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1312 Posted: 04:37:58 15/05/2019
Angora followed him without question, showing absolutely no emotion. Practically dead inside. In the brig, there were the three kind former pirates, and even if she was locked away from them, she could still talk. Like Maverick would do, she would try to look at the positive side. Her only hope right now was for Sere to be more 'gentle' than Latnok was being right now, especially since she had been doing a great job with Veris. If not, well, the wyvern would have to forgive him for being forced to renounce her new job. With all this authority abuse, she was beginning to think she should've taken Shepherd's offer. The only thing that pained her was knowing how much will this hurt Maverick. He already felt bad enough for what happened to Icestorm, her being thrown in the brig for a seemingly rude response was definetly going to crush him...
---
#1313 Posted: 04:40:24 15/05/2019
Latnok wasn't quite done yet. "You three. Congratulations. You're done. Get out. Now," he ordered. "Go find Risar and get orders."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1314 Posted: 04:57:10 15/05/2019
The three pirates were beyond confused. All of the sudden they're free? This was too unexpected. Too sudden. They suddenly looked at Angora, and couldn't help feeling sad. Why again? She was a pleasant little lady in the short time they knew her. But they were too scared of Latnok to say anything. So they wished her luck. What was it that stung Latnok so much now? Was it her not saying sir? Was that it? She couldn't believe how something as simple as a word could get her in so much trouble. But even so, she didn't let anything faze her. She entered the brig without trouble, making herself as comfortable as she could. She wasn't going to see Latnok see a sad face, or a single tear. Not only was Latnok going to lock her up, he also suddenly removed her three friends so she would be completely alone. Was he really trying to break her spirit like she has always believed? It didn't matter now. The damage was done. All she hoped for now was for Veris to forgive her and be out of that smelly place much sooner than the last time.
---
#1315 Posted: 05:07:00 15/05/2019
Kasidra sighed and shook her head gently as she watched Latnok usher Angora off to the brig. The troll should've just shown proper respect in the first place. As it was, it was too little too late to fix it, especially with that flimsy excuse. Being distracted was no reason to not be respectful to a superior. Anyone in the work force long enough should know that and do it instinctively. Hopefully, time in the brig would teach the troll a valuable lesson.

The tiefling sighed again and casually began heading off towards her room. Kasidra didn't know what else to do now, with no orders given to her. She supposed she could find someone else to talk to or maybe train in the meantime. She wasn't sure what she wanted to do yet, but training did sound like a good idea.
---
#1316 Posted: 05:07:45 15/05/2019
Now that Angora had been thrown in the brig again, Latnok naturally had to inform Sere. Soon he was in the captain's office, as Sere was making markings on a map.
"Godfather Sere, Angora continues to show an extensive pattern of disrespect with her flippant, dismissive responses," Latnok reported. "I am personally tired of having her on the ship environment. I feel that she poses a danger to order."
Sere seemed unsurprised. "...I feared as much," he said resignedly. "Find Maverick. Bring him here. I'll give him the common courtesy of explaining our position on Angora, at least."

Latnok would soon be banging on Maverick's cabin door. "Report to the captain, now," he ordered forcefully.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1317 Posted: 05:16:34 15/05/2019
Maverick was concerned about the tone of voice, but followed them regardless. He feared this had something to do with how he tried to defend Icestorm earlier, not imagining it was far worse than that...

The only advantage to not having Random Opium and Sand Dune with her was that she could talk to the orb in peace.
"Oh Shepherd. I should've taken your offer. I should've known things wouldn't have gotten better with the Guardians around. My offense wasn't that big, was it? Please tell me the truth. I was a fool to think... that... I could have faith in them. In their humanity. Why do they have to be so rough? Why do they have to take offense to everything?" Angora asked, finally letting it all out after she was done speaking. She was crying FAR worse now, and Shepherd was her only consolation.
---
#1318 Posted: 05:26:39 15/05/2019
The orb glowed in its typical manner, responding to Angora's entreaty. "We feel your despair, child... and we answer. Through conflict, we grow and develop. Through conflict, species evolve. Despite how much we despise it, conflict will be necessary to grow - at least until we can create the ideal world. Use this as an opportunity. Steel yourself mentally for the trials ahead. May your faith guide you. And when the time is right, you will be ready." The orb became dormant and unresponsive once more, for the time being at least.

Angora now being out of his hands, Latnok had other things to worry about - such as training. He had been in the process of trying out ...something or other with Raclaw when he had to take an unexpected detour. He was headed back up through the cabin - when he found none other than Kasidra.
"Kasidra," Latnok said as he found her. "I'm sorry you had to see that. That isn't the kind of leader I like to be. But... it's a long story, but Angora has been with us for a really long time - and has been proven to be nothing but an insufferable piece of work. For one reason or another, we have always tolerated her. I wasn't kidding when I said she has done things that would've gotten others executed. The captain has made his feelings on the matter clear now, she has had an example just this morning, and yet she refuses to change - there is only so much I can do.
"I know it might be somewhat hard to remove that impression, but I promise you - that is a side of me you will never see unless you go out of your way to see it." Latnok had become more self-conscious of the impressions he's made after learning of the impression he had made on Angora in the past - which, ironically, he stopped caring to try to correct, after his attempts had been spurned time and time again.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:35:36 15/05/2019 by A Guy
#1319 Posted: 05:53:37 15/05/2019
Maverick entered to the captain's cabin, his knees trembling. He knocked on the door.
"You wanted to see me capitán?" he asked from the other side, almost with a squeaky voice. He had to clear his throat to be ready to talk.

Quote: A Guy
The orb glowed in its typical manner, responding to Angora's entreaty. "We feel your despair, child... and we answer. Through conflict, we grow and develop. Through conflict, species evolve. Despite how much we despise it, conflict will be necessary to grow - at least until we can create the ideal world. Use this as an opportunity. Steel yourself mentally for the trials ahead. May your faith guide you. And when the time is right, you will be ready." The orb became dormant and unresponsive once more, for the time being at least.

As usual, Shepherd didn't responded in the way she wanted exactly, but nevertheless, it was a response that filled her with hope. He didn't asked her to join him, but he was still open enough to give advices. She was so grateful to have him in her life that she kissed the orb. The troll smiled, not a very warm smile, but it was better than nothing. She put the orb in her pocket again. Alone in that brig, Angora wiped her tears and got up, looking like she was ready to face an army.
"That's right Latnok. Abuse your authority. Be easily offended! Provoke me. Make my life miserable like you have from the beginning! But try to break my spirit all you want! You won't succeed! Raclaw couldn't soften that stony heart of yours! Neither could I! Neither could Maverick! But you know what? YOUR LOSS! No matter how much you hate me, there will always be people out there who love me, who accept me for who I am. Who have faith in me. Who I don't need to prove myself. People with heart! People with nobility! I don't need to prove myself to you! Nor Sere! I AM a good troll, despite the suffering of my past and the ones you still cause me! I have a heart! I have love and care in my life! And no matter what you say, or what you do, YOU WON'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME!" Angora monologued, yelling those last words. Latnok was probably very far away by now and not hearing a thing, but that didn't matter. It made Angora feel so much better.

Once she was done with the monologue, Angora did something she has never done before; yoga. She had seen Maverick doing it many times on his father's ship. It was one of the many methods he used to cope with the miserable lifestyle he had because of that beastly pirate captain, yet Angora never bothered trying it... until now. It was surprisingly relaxing. She imagined herself on a beach, surrounded by her friends. Shade, Maverick, Dahlia and even Ilasi. The mermaid gave her s hug, having finally accepted her. Her mind was imagining the scene so well, Angora even forgot where she was. She could feel even the sand. Her mood has been so enormously improved that in the brig, even her color had changed. She looked like a happy, healthy little creature.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:55:04 15/05/2019 by Felines
#1320 Posted: 05:56:05 15/05/2019
Kasidra had simply been heading off to her room, uncertain what to do with her time now. She was distracted with her thoughts, trying to decide on an activity, when she heard someone say her name. "Yes, sir?" She reacted instinctively, before fully realizing who it was. Ah, Latnok, of course. She could already make a guess as to what he wanted to discuss. This was already the second time now that she had witnessed someone else making mistakes. If the tiefling didn't know better, she'd think these events were staged somehow, as some sort of test or example, to make sure she obeyed the rules. Whether intentional or not, it sure proved effective.

The tiefling nodded after hearing Latnok's explanation. "I understand, sir," Kasidra said. "It's rather unfortunate, but what else can you do for someone who can't adapt?" She had seen cases of extreme punishments for mistakes before, so the idea was nothing new to her. If anything, she had seen far worse aggressive reactions for similar or lesser mistakes. Although, such reactions were sort of to be expected when one normally worked for evil. "I believe you, sir. I will do my best to make sure that doesn't happen," she smiled.
---
#1321 Posted: 06:05:14 15/05/2019
Kasidra's smile seemed genuine enough to Latnok to assuage his fears. Smiles - something he had started noticing more and paying more attention to ever since Raclaw had started exposing him to a wider range of emotions.
"Thank you for your understanding," Latnok replied, happy that Kasidra seemed to understand. "I'm out to practice some new idea Raclaw and Chester had for a combination spell, so I'll likely be out on the deck for a while if you need to find me." Latnok waited for a response, if Kasidra had any.

"Please, have a seat, Maverick," Sere urged. "You might be here awhile. First, I want you to answer a question for me... how many more chances should we given Angora, before we decide that she's just not fit to be with us?" Sere's tone was calm rather than confrontational, suggesting that the question was legitimate instead of rhetorical, even if he wasn't looking for a literal answer.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1322 Posted: 06:10:47 15/05/2019
Maverick sat, and when he heard the comment, he lowered his head in utter despair, already knowing where this line of questioning was going.
"What did she do now capitán?" he asked, not wanting to know, but needing to know so he could fix it. He failed Icestorm. He didn't want to fail Angora too.
---
#1323 Posted: 06:15:27 15/05/2019
Kasidra nodded. "Of course, sir. This isn't my first time working for someone, I should know the drill by now," she said. When she heard of Latnok's plans, her smile turned into a grin. Now that sounded interesting. Training with magic, and a combination spell to boot? That could be fun. "Sir, do you mind if I at least watch? It could be a good experience, a chance to study magic perhaps." While Kasidra understood the potential to learn and train, and would take such an occasion seriously enough, she had to admit it sounded like fun as well.
---
#1324 Posted: 06:24:24 15/05/2019
"What didn't she do is the question," Sere said, annoyed at the whole situation. "You do know that her actions on board the ship so far would have her dead or imprisoned for life in most places, correct? I had put up with her antics for a long time - there had always been some reason or another. Perhaps I still held out some slim faith that Orion was correct about her. Perhaps I was simply in denial as to her true nature, after putting so much faith in her. But everyone on this ship has seen what a lack of order can cause to happen. I need people who can adapt, people who are suited to the environment - not people who act on a whim off of their own ideas, disregarding superiors.
"She has disrespected Latnok right in front of a new recruit. She has been here long enough to know that respect is probably something you should give to a superior. Take yourself, for example. You dislike me and my actions - I am not naive enough to think otherwise. However, you still have the common decency to show respect to me even when you don't want to. Angora has just seen Icestorm booted off the ship this morning, and still cannot adapt.
"I will be straightforward with you now, Maverick. You have earned the respect of the crew, and Latnok and Risar both have faith in you. I am doing this out of respect for you - and only you right now - but my patience has been pushed past its limits. Angora will fall in line like everyone else, or she will be removed from us, and I don't care what you do as a result of any such decision if I have to come to it. She has no more chances. Do you think this is possible?"

Latnok was somewhat flattered - someone with an interest in learning his magic, or at least studying his use of it? He had tried to teach Angora - and though he got her foot in the door, she had always blown off his lessons. Ilasi was attentive, but always seemed too nervous to be comfortable. The only others he had trained were Apprentices back at the Ardent Guardians base - and they didn't have much of a day in the matter.
"Excellent. Come along then," Latnok said eagerly.
After stepping outside, the sight of a fur dragon would be hard to miss. Latnok returned to his companions, with a guest in tow. "Kasidra is going to watch us here, and maybe learn a thing or two," Latnok said. "But what was this idea you two wanted to present to me?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:31:16 15/05/2019 by A Guy
#1325 Posted: 06:48:46 15/05/2019
Kasidra eagerly followed along behind Latnok, with a slight bounce in her step almost. She already had a good feeling about this, excited to see his magic in action and maybe learn something from it. As she stepped outside with him, she spotted Raclaw and Chester, one of which being rather hard to miss. Kasidra waved to them with a smile. The tiefling likely would have done more, or said something, but she didn't want to interrupt. They were nice enough to allow her to spectate, so she didn't want to get in the way.
---
#1326 Posted: 06:54:11 15/05/2019
Maverick felt like his heart sank right to his knees. He has been barely recovering from Icestorm's banishment to receive such shattering news. But he has saved Angora from his father's wrath in the past. This was not the time to feel emotional or state certain opinion. In what looked like a whole minute, Maverick pondered, with one almost swearing you could hear the nerves of his brain in full motion.
"Señor, first of all, I want to apologize on her behalf. If there's someone that know how difficult she is... is me. I know she doesn't have the best of behaviors, and... being a troll doesn't help much either, but she's been improving. It has been a slow process for sure, but I've seen the progress. You have seen so yourself capitán. How loyal, respectful and even defensive she is towards me. It's not because I scolded or punished her often. I showed her kindness. Something she barely sees, and look at the wonders it did to our relationship. Don't get me wrong mi capitán. I'm not questioning your methods. I'm just saying that... punishments, especially such hard ones aren't working on her." Maverick said, taking a deep breath before continuing. He wasn't done yet.

"I'm asking you from the bottom of my heart señor, don't make such a drastic decision. Angorita is not a bad creature. Have you seen your wyvern Veris? She can take great care of him like nobody else on the ship, and he absolutely adores her. Haven't you ever wondered why? I'm talking to you from man to man... from... half man, por favor, don't go so far with Angorita. I know her well. She means well. Order and structure are important. I know that very well. It's one of the reasons why humanity has reached so far. But what also defines humanity? Kindness. Compassion. Feelings. Our desire to help others... as you may well know. Por favor señor Sere, give kindness a chance. You'll be surprised on what you can accomplish. Take it as a suggestion... from a friend. I'm begging you señor. Try. Or at least... think about it, por favor." Maverick concluded, lowering his head, almost groveling. You could see tears falling to the floor, even if his eyes weren't visible.
---
#1327 Posted: 06:57:10 15/05/2019
"Ah Kasidra-- I'm glad you could join us!," Raclaw greeted as Chester offered an excited bark. He briefly looked down at Chester and two both exchanged barks understandable to Latnok, but not Kasidra. "It was your idea. Do you want to explain it?," Chester asked in a series of barks and dog noises. If one didn't know any better, one would think the barks were coming out of a genuine dog rather than an actual dragon. "You should explain it. I don't think she can understand me.," Chester responded in a series of saddened whines. "Alright.," Raclaw said switching to common and looking at both Latnok and Kasidra. "Chester wanted to explain, but I shall explain on his behalf for the sake of our new guest.," he began to explain with a gentle smile. "The idea is simple-- I have my fire and you have your force magic Latnok, but what if we combined the two? My fire can only go so far, but your force bolt should be able to extend that range and form a mobile projectile out of my element. Chester here wanted to see a fireball, but it might form any number of shapes depending on how we work it.," the Fur Dragon then explained taking Chester's input and adding in his own conclusions as to the outcome.
---
#1328 Posted: 07:08:41 15/05/2019
Latnok gave it a brief thought. "That sounds pretty reasonable," he concluded. "We will have to have our thoughts in perfect sync to pull this off - timing will be everything. If we're off, the force bolt will move the air rather than the fire, and the spell will fizzle. So it might take a bit of practice."
Latnok gave a brief look back at Kasidra before looking back out, and felt a sense of pressure - Latnok couldn't stand the thought of embarrassing himself in front of a subordinate, and yet they were trying something new. Latnok tried to put it at the back of his mind as he focused on the task at hand. "Whenever you're ready!" he called to Raclaw.

Sere paused for what seemed like a minute or two to consider Maverick's words, his head unmoving from its seat on his clasped hands. Finally, he spoke.
"You have this faith in her. And she obviously doesn't care to listen to us - so she will have to listen to you. You will be responsible for making sure she learns how to function here. And I will have no clemency if she still falls short. This is her absolute last chance. If you cannot make her see reason, then this is a lost cause. Do you accept these conditions?" Sere gazed at Maverick intently, demanding an answer.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1329 Posted: 07:20:19 15/05/2019
"I'm glad I'm able to watch," Kasidra replied to the fur dragon. She tilted her head upon hearing the series of barks and whines, wishing she could understand what they meant. It seemed like there was a whole conversation she was missing out on. The tiefling was glad and appreciative when Raclaw switched to common to explain things for her sake. The idea already sounded neat. Kasidra was unfamiliar with force magic, so she was eager to see it in action. It was going to be exciting to see the combination spell. She sat down on the deck to get herself comfortable, eagerly awaiting to see the show.
---
#1330 Posted: 07:25:02 15/05/2019
Maverick opened his eyes wide for a fraction of a second, already prepared to give another speech if Sere hadn't been convinced. But he was. Not in the way he expected, but he did. He was a little disappointed however, that Sere wasn't going to give kindness a chance and would rather leave Angora's work to him instead of listening to his advice. But perhaps he would consider it some other day. For now, he still received the best reaction he could ever hope for, especially coming from Sere.
"Sí señor. I do. You'll see. If you have the time, observe us. See how I treat Angorita, and how positively she responds. Mil gracias for the opportunity and the comprehension señor. I'm honestly and truly grateful." Maverick said with a smile and another small bow, his mood improving greatly, practically from black to white. With him taking care of Angora, it was obviously because he didn't want to deal with her and give that kindness a chance. But if he could at least observe it, perhaps Sere could learn a few things himself.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:26:13 15/05/2019 by Felines
#1331 Posted: 07:44:16 15/05/2019
Quote:
Latnok gave it a brief thought. "That sounds pretty reasonable," he concluded. "We will have to have our thoughts in perfect sync to pull this off - timing will be everything. If we're off, the force bolt will move the air rather than the fire, and the spell will fizzle. So it might take a bit of practice."
Latnok gave a brief look back at Kasidra before looking back out, and felt a sense of pressure - Latnok couldn't stand the thought of embarrassing himself in front of a subordinate, and yet they were trying something new. Latnok tried to put it at the back of his mind as he focused on the task at hand. "Whenever you're ready!" he called to Raclaw.
Quote:
"I'm glad I'm able to watch," Kasidra replied to the fur dragon. She tilted her head upon hearing the series of barks and whines, wishing she could understand what they meant. It seemed like there was a whole conversation she was missing out on. The tiefling was glad and appreciative when Raclaw switched to common to explain things for her sake. The idea already sounded neat. Kasidra was unfamiliar with force magic, so she was eager to see it in action. It was going to be exciting to see the combination spell. She sat down on the deck to get herself comfortable, eagerly awaiting to see the show.

As Kasidra took a seat-- Chester decided to the same and soon sat down right next to the tiefling. The little Beagle actually wagged his tail in excitement, having really wanted to see what would come out of the sudden idea. "Ready!," Raclaw called out offering an audible cue at least for the trial run. As soon as the words uttered out of his mouth, fire would immediately come out and-- with luck --catch Latnok's force bolt propelling to the selected target. Or at least.. that was the idea. The initial shot would only prove to partly effective as the fire would only catch the tail end of the force bolt, forming what could best be described as a large firefly shooting into the distance. The 'large firefly' of a firebolt (?) would indeed hit it's target, however, and form a not entirely insufficient burn mark on the boey. "Well-- it kind of worked.," Chester said in a small series of barks and whines. Raclaw offered an awkward smile; it didn't completely fissure out at least.
---
#1332 Posted: 07:56:32 15/05/2019
'Kind of worked' was a good start for an idea they just came up with and put into practice for the first time. "That looks promising already," Latnok said. "Some more practice and it'll be just as effective as The Sight. While you're here, Kasidra - force bolt is a really easy spell, if you're up for learning it." While they were training, there was no reason not to do that, since they had time to burn.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1333 Posted: 08:10:55 15/05/2019
Kasidra smiled at Chester and patted his head briefly. She was ready to see the result of this spell. She watched as the shot was fired and the two spells collided, only to make more of a spark that didn't seem too effective against the buoy target. The effect was neat and it looked promising so far, but obviously still needed work. The tiefling was eager to see the result once it was mastered. Kasidra nearly jumped back up on her feet from her sitting position, when Latnok offered to teach her a spell. "Really? I can learn a spell like that, too?" she asked. Her excitement and eagerness were apparent in her tone and wide-eyed expression. The tiefling had only ever used blood magic before, but was open to learning more magic.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8770
#1334 Posted: 10:07:39 15/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Icestorm was cautious but eventually went with Shepherd. “Why did they kick me off for a simple thing?”
---
SC
#1335 Posted: 11:42:52 15/05/2019
Latnok could see he piqued Kasidra's interest. "Yes, you can - force magic is relatively simple," he informed her. "Force bolt, the spell I'm using, for example - focusing magic in tune with my movement to create a kinetic projectile directed by a thrusting motion from me. Perhaps I could give you a bit of a demonstration." Someone who was interested in what he had to teach, and saw the value in it - why did Angora have to be such a failure in that regard? And why had she been given so many chances?

Sere wasn't done yet. "I don't just need her to respond to kindness," he said. "I need her to respond to anything from her superiors with respect, regardless of if she likes it or not. We have already tried treating her with kindness - and it has been a grand failure. And we eventually must draw the line. This is an environment full of armed men trained to kill - not a daycare. It is not our job to change to allow her to fit in - we have a job to do, and she will fall within our standards or be left behind."

"It is simple," Shepherd said. "You disrupt their order, and were made an example of. But we can set a different example - you will see in time." As Icestorm entered, the root closed, and began moving the two via peristaltic motions as it retreated back into the ground.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:46:02 15/05/2019 by A Guy
#1336 Posted: 14:03:58 15/05/2019
Maverick firmly believed that whatever Latnok accused her of, it was greatly exaggerated. Angora knew better than to disrespect him, so whatever she said, Latnok probably misinterpreted it. Sere only explained she disrespected him, but didn't tell him how. He would confront Latnok about the matter later.
"Sí señor." Maverick responded, having nothing else to say.
"Where is she señor?" he then asked, wanting to start right away but afraid of the answer. It was a hard effort from his part to convince Sere yet again, and he didn't want to mess things up. While he was grateful for this humongous break, he was also disappointed by the outcome. Sere claims they have tried kindness before, and it was the truth to some degree. But that kindness never lasted, especially with Latnok, and the patience was lost too soon. Why was it so hard for them to be gentle? Sometimes, Maverick believed they were anything BUT humans... a thought he had about his father many times. Why were these people so obsessed with respect? Or above all, the way that respect was shown? Maverick even felt shame for once having idolized the Guardians.
---
#1337 Posted: 16:15:54 15/05/2019
"She's currently in the brig, getting a chance to think about where she went wrong," Sere answered. "If you're ready, I will release her, and she will have to start shaping up immediately - starting with finding Latnok and explaining to him, in a respectful manner, why what she did was wrong. Do you think she's ready for that?" Sere would leave the choice up to Maverick - he himself felt that Angora would never be ready, but maybe Maverick could work a miracle.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1338 Posted: 19:34:12 15/05/2019
Maverick knew it, but was nevertheless very disappointed that the brig was the punishment she received. He knew Angora, and how much she has improved. She wouldn't be rude on purprose. At least, not anymore. Whatever she said, it was clear that Latnok took it offensively.
"I'm ready capitán." he said, pretty sure he knew what to say to Angora. He only played that she wasn't too emotionally distressed by this event, and that Latnok had some time to cool off.

Meanwhile, the three released former pirates looked for Risar, the only subject of their conversations was Angora. Why was it that she was punished so often? Was she really that rebellious? Or was it that Latnok was really out to get her? The three men honestly didn't know what to think. Angora was fine with them, so why did such a little creature continued being punished? It was all so confusing.
---
#1339 Posted: 19:43:23 15/05/2019
Sere got up to leave the office - the order for Maverick to follow being implied. He himself was curious as to how the troll would be faring.
They soon arrived, with Sere opening the brig door - Angora looking seemingly unperturbed. The other three prisoners weren't there, though Sere knew they were there yesterday - presumably Latnok releasing them to give Angora some alone time? Whatever the case, he wouldn't be surprised if they were thrown right back in after Angora was released.
"Go ahead, Maverick," Sere commanded as he watched expectantly.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1340 Posted: 20:04:48 15/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“Where are you taking me?” Icestorm said.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:25:42 15/05/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#1341 Posted: 20:34:40 15/05/2019
"We will be arriving at one of our assembly halls, where we partake in fellowship to build the spirit and forge bonds," Shepherd said. "There, you will find many who were like you and lost their way - but together, we have found something greater. We are actively working to change the world, to make it a place where no one need ever be exiled or forsaken again - and we have already begun taking major strides in that regard."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1342 Posted: 20:38:25 15/05/2019
Quote: A Guy
Latnok could see he piqued Kasidra's interest. "Yes, you can - force magic is relatively simple," he informed her. "Force bolt, the spell I'm using, for example - focusing magic in tune with my movement to create a kinetic projectile directed by a thrusting motion from me. Perhaps I could give you a bit of a demonstration." Someone who was interested in what he had to teach, and saw the value in it - why did Angora have to be such a failure in that regard? And why had she been given so many chances?

Kasidra got up on her feet, already prepared to try the spell. She nodded at Latnok's explanation. So force magic relied on movement. It sounded simple enough. "Yes, please, sir. A demonstration would be great," she smiled.
---
#1343 Posted: 20:39:38 15/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“You are? How are you going to do that? You’ll need to be a deity to do that.” Icestorm said. He was a little nervous but stayed by his side.
---
SC
#1344 Posted: 20:57:35 15/05/2019
Latnok diverted his attention from the practice for the time being in order to instruct Kasidra on the spell. "Okay, so this will probably not be too difficult for you to pick up on since you're already familiar with some form of magic," Latnok said. "but magical spells, at least in the way that a lot of us humans are taught to wield it despite not being natural mages, is composed of three main parts for us - the focus, the flow, and the invocation. The focus is what sort of things you have in your mind to manipulate the way the spell manifests. The flow is, well, how magical energy flows through you in order to form the spell. And the invocation is what you do in order to trigger the spell."
Latnok turned out towards the sea. "Since you know magic, the flow will be no problem for you - just a rush of power from your core through your arm, or arms if you're using two. The focus will be on your own physical effort. And the incantation is thrusting your arm or arms. Watch."
Latnok moved in slow motion, explaining each part as he prepared the cast. As he did, it would become clear exactly how the process all molded into one. "Force bolt is really simple because almost all of what you need to do will already come naturally - in the heat of the moment, you're already focusing on striking, and will have no problem thrusting your arms in such a simple manner. All that's needed is the flow, which an experienced mage can easily get." Try it yourself." Latnok looked out to the sea, eager to see how Kasidra would manage.
Ilasi was looking back some distance, realling when Latnok used to teach her magic. She tried her best to do well, and learned things from him, but he soon picked up that she wasn't completely comfortable with his teaching, and stopped trying to teach her shortly afterwards.

Shepherd gave a slight smile at Icestorm's statement. "What if I told you that we will have a deity? One who serves the people, rather than demanding worship from them? One who will watch over us, rather than seeing us as his playthings?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1345 Posted: 21:00:16 15/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Icestorm tilted his head confused. “Are you implying you’re making a god? Like Orion the great Galaxy Dragon?”
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:00:48 15/05/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#1346 Posted: 21:03:48 15/05/2019
"Come and learn more," Shepherd said invitingly, as the root's motions came to a halt. It burst through fresh ground and opened - revealing an area underground with many people in various garbs engaged in conversations, playing games, eating together, and the like.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1347 Posted: 21:12:55 15/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Icestorm wondered how they were going to achieve this without the help of an actual deity like Orion. “Wow....this place is huge!”
---
SC
#1348 Posted: 21:18:30 15/05/2019
Kasidra nodded in understanding. She listened intently to the explanation, despite already being an experienced mage herself, at least with her own magic. She didn't want to miss anything important, however, so she was very attentive to Latnok. Kasidra watched carefully and studied his movements. When it came time for her to try, she first moved in slow motion to mimic his movements and get the motion just right. Once the tiefling was satisfied with that, she moved on to actually performing the spell. Kasidra's mind was clear, only focusing on the task at hand. In one fluid motion, she thrust her arm out. She sent out a force bolt towards the sea.
---
#1349 Posted: 21:29:24 15/05/2019
Latnok gave an exhilarated grin as Kasidra nailed the spell on the first try. "Perfect!" he shouted, not bothering to hide his excitement. "Just like that. Maybe that'll come in handy for you later." Latnok only wished that Angora had bothered giving a shred of an effort in her training. He was taking a liking to this new crew mate already - respectful, yet possessing initiative, and willing to learn. She was also very attentive to his explanations, and seemed to understand him very well. After everything that was Angora, Latnok could truly appreciate having someone who was the exact opposite.
"Now, Raclaw and I are going to try that combination spell of ours a few more times," Latnok said. "I have a lot of training, but many of my actions in combat are improvised - but sometimes, when we get a wild idea out of combat, we have a chance to practice it, like this."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1350 Posted: 21:50:49 15/05/2019
When Kasidra heard his shout, she turned to face him with a grin. "Thank you, sir." She was quite pleased with her success and the praise she received. "Maybe you could teach me other spells? When you're free, of course. I won't bother you while you're training." Kasidra enjoyed learning magic and hoped to be able to expand her arsenal of spells even more.

The tiefling nodded in understanding. It honestly sounded like fun to practice wild ideas outside of combat. Kasidra sort of wished she had someone to try combination spells with. For now, though, she would settle for being able to watch. She sat back down next to Chester and waited to see the other attempts at this spell.
---
First | Previous | Page 27 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me