Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 23 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9878
#1101 Posted: 04:40:17 09/05/2019
"Yeah, he seems like a hard guy to hate," Kasidra agreed. "He was very polite when I talked to him." She noticed that Ilasi paused when she mentioned another name that was unfamiliar to the tiefling. She thought back to yesterday, when she had seen Maverick and Ilasi talk to someone. "Leoquin... Is he the merman I saw yesterday?" Kasidra didn't want to bring up what exactly she had heard, but figured the confirmation would be simple enough to not cause any issues. She nodded in understand when the mermaid mentioned who all does the cooking, and found it slightly amusing when she said that she preferred her boyfriend's cooking.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1102 Posted: 05:08:49 09/05/2019
Maverick started to sneeze while with Dahlia, believing the hay must be the cause. He never sneezed with Dahlia before.
"Oh cielos. My nose is delicate today." he said as he wiped himself, wondering why he got that way all of the sudden. He remained with Dahlia for a little while more, determined to go to Sere as soon as he was done.

Quote: A Guy
Veris was very startled, having wanted to instinctually bite and swallow the food as soon as it entered his mouth - he managed to show the slightest of restraint before doing so, offering Angora the opportunity to get out. Though he ate the turkeys quickly, Veris gave Angora a concerned look. "I don't want to eat you!" he attempted to communicate with her - which would sound like a series of hisses and grunts.

Angora still couldn't understand Veris' language, which frustrated her, but she was pretty sure she knew what he was saying.
"I'm sorry Veris. I know you don't want to hurt me, but I almost caused that. It's alright, ok? It would've been my fault, not yours, so don't feel bad. I would've had it coming. Now come on. Cheer up. Let's go for a flight." Angora said, patting his wings and reassuring him.
"Oh, one more thing. There's a new crew member on board, so let's both be on our best behavior, alright? We want to cause a good first impression." Angora explained with a smile, wanting Veris to be prepared for a new face in case he got defensive or overly exited. Both occurrences could scare the new recruit.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1103 Posted: 17:19:33 09/05/2019
"He would be that merman," Ilasi confirmed, though she didn't say anything more about him. "If you don't mind, Maverick and I were planning to head out today. Do you have anything else for me?"

Veris gave a nod to show he understood Angora, as he lowered himself to allow her to mount. With a nice, quick meal, he was ready to take a flight. Being made aware of a newcomer, he would have to remember to be extra careful as he moved out.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1104 Posted: 17:36:47 09/05/2019
"Oh, right, of course you have plans." Kasidra shook her head, "no, I don't need anything else. Go hang out with your boyfriend. It was nice to meet you, though," she smiled.
---
#1105 Posted: 18:00:54 09/05/2019
Maverick got ready to leave after petting Dahlia for a while, giving her a hug and leaving her in the enclosure. He felt so bad leaving her locked up, but if he left her on the deck, she could get scared by the dragons or maybe even attacked by some wildlife that dared to approach the ship like that tonguean. He left her there for her safety. Now heading for the main deck, he was about to speak to Sere, when he remembered he never asked Laszur how Shade behaved yesterday. The dragolet hadn't had an outburst in a long while... as far as he knew of course, so perhaps Sere would be willing to be more flexible if he could see Shade could be trusted.

Veris gave a nod to show he understood Angora, as he lowered himself to allow her to mount. With a nice, quick meal, he was ready to take a flight. Being made aware of a newcomer, he would have to remember to be extra careful as he moved out.

Angora thought Veris would awaited the mounting once they were outside, but he looked more than ready to begin. She opened the enclosure and let Veris lead the way.
"Ok big guy. You know the way out. Remember, stay calm. Oh, and before I forget, Sere may be busy for these next days, so I hope you don't mind if I become your caretaker for a while." Angora stated, knowing Veris wouldn't mind, but letting him know anyway. Nobody else dared to take care of him, at least without a high pay. They were too afraid of him, even Maverick. Chances were that she wasn't going to get paid for all of this service, but hanging out with Veris and keeping him happy was something she'd do for free. It's the least she could do for all the times he helped her get through those hard times.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8830
#1106 Posted: 20:54:12 09/05/2019
Quote:
Leoquin was on the deck, but currently not occupied. He was contemplating what else to do with his time. Perhaps go over to the town and ask the merman some more questions...

It wouldn't be long 'till Raclaw would spot Leoquin seeming unoccupied. Raclaw looked down at Chester and motioned for the little Beagle companion to follow. Walking up to the merman-- Raclaw tried his best not to scare him as he gently approached. "Hey Leoquin.," he casually greeted. "I'm sorry to bother you, but are you busy right now?," he then asked as the eager Chester stood next to one of his legs. The merman didn't seem busy at least, but he also didn't want to intrude upon anything. Chester looked rather eager about something, but would let Raclaw do all the talking.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#1107 Posted: 21:52:30 09/05/2019
Veris gave Angora a nod and a smile, before walking out - slowly, to avoid startling this new crew member. It wasn't long after he stepped out before he spotted her - a creature of a kind he hadn't seen before. His curiosity got the best of him, as he began to approach her as he towered above her with a focused stare.

Leoquin wondered what Raclaw could need from him - likely something having to do with either water or opposable thumbs. "No, I'm not doing anything right now," he said - he could always go to the town later today. He had plenty of time. "What do you need?

Laszur, meanwhile, was still sleeping - he had been awake for a long time the previous day, and wasn't likely to awake until the sun reached its zenith.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1108 Posted: 22:02:55 09/05/2019
With her talk with Ilasi done, Kasidra wondered what else she should do today. She didn't have long to ponder this, however, as she noticed the wyvern stepping out onto the deck. She remembered the fur dragon, Raclaw, mentioning that there was a wyvern on board, so she wasn't too surprised to see him come out. Kasidra watched him curiously, but wasn't about to just approach a beast she didn't know. However, that wouldn't be an issue, as the wyvern decided to approach her instead. Kasidra watched him carefully, but his movements didn't seem hostile, so she remained where she stood and allowed him to approach. She stared up at him, meeting his focused gaze. "Well, hello there. Do you talk like the dragons do?"
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8770
#1109 Posted: 22:15:27 09/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Icestorm meanwhile was taking his dally patrols around the deck when he had seen the newcomer. He then saw Veris had approached her with Angora. “Good morning Angora and Veris.”
---
SC
#1110 Posted: 22:28:44 09/05/2019
As Veris managed himself across the hallways, Angora remembered she still had Maverick's grappling hook with her, so she made sure to use it to tie herself before Veris would go out and go crazy with the freedom like yesterday. She was looking forward to see how the newcomer would react to their presence.
"Easy. Easy Veris." Angora said, wanting the wyvern to avoid being hasty with the newcomer, but was relieved when Kasidra looked to be taking it remarkably well. She was about to lead Veris to a flight when she was greeted by someone she didn't expected.
"Oh. Morning Icestorm." she greeted back, feeling like she hasn't seen him in a while. Like her, he was small and reclusive, so it was hard to spot him.
---
#1111 Posted: 22:37:39 09/05/2019
Kasidra noticed another dragon approach, this one being far smaller than the ones she had already seen. Ah, so maybe this was the dwarf one then, and kaijus were just another kind of dragon. She heard him greet the wyvern, and recognized the other name he mentioned. So the troll was here, too? Kasidra looked up, just now noticing that someone really small appeared to be on the wyvern. Did the wyvern belong to the troll? Well, that was a strange combination she hadn't seen before. "Hello, up there," she called to the troll. "I almost didn't even see you."
---
#1112 Posted: 22:39:38 09/05/2019
Veris tilted his head briefly before letting out a series of grunts and hisses. "So you can't understand me..." he attempted to communicate in wyvern speech. "Oh, well, good morning Icestorm!" he responded to the kaiju.
He brought himself lower to give Kasidra (and Icestorm if he so wished) a chance to rub the scales on his face. Despite his potentially threatening look, Veris was generally docile unless hunting or acting on orders.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1113 Posted: 22:45:53 09/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Icestorm smiled and gently petted Veris. “How’s the big guy today?” He then looked at Kasidra. “I believe we haven’t meet yet. I’m Icestorm.”
---
SC
#1114 Posted: 23:21:53 09/05/2019
Angora shrank her shoulders at Kasidra's comment, not surprised she didn't noticed a small troll so high up.
"I'm Angora." she greeted shortly after Icestorm's own introduction, both surprised and glad how well everyone was getting along. Veris was gluttonous and sometimes hostile, but he really knew how to behave when it counted.

Maverick was getting to the main deck through a different set of stairs, and was surprised to see Veris out... but no Sere. Wait, was that Angora? Was she taking him out again? Sere had been surprisingly agreeable lately, but like Angora, he started to believe that allowing her to take care of Veris was simply an advantage. He did have plenty of work as the captain, so having someone like Angora, who could take very good care of the wyvern and wasn't afraid of him was really an advantage.
---
#1115 Posted: 00:05:48 10/05/2019
Kasidra tilted her head at the wyvern's hisses and grunts, having no idea what Veris was saying. When he brought himself down lower, she blinked and stared at him for a moment. "Are you... Allowing me to pet you?" Kasidra slowly reached out her hand and gently touched his scales. The tiefling smiled. "Huh, cool. I've never petted a wyvern before," she commented as she rubbed his scales.

After a moment, she pulled her hand back and glanced at Icestorm. "Hello. It's nice to meet you. I'm Kasidra." She looked up and nodded to the troll when she spoke. "It's nice to meet you, too, Angora. Is this your wyvern?"
---
#1116 Posted: 00:19:21 10/05/2019
Angora flinched with the question. How little did Kasidra knew about the world? A troll could never have a dragon... well she had Shade, but that was different. Surprising this was that wyverns and trolls were usually natural enemies.
"What? No no! He's not mine. He's the captain's. I'm just taking care of him while he's busy." Angora quickly explained, though actually feeling fantastic after such assumption. At this rate, Veris did seemed more hers than Sere's.

Maverick enjoyed seeing Angora apparently talking to Kasidra, and hoped she could meet a new friend for once. The little troll has improved quite a lot, and it was about time someone else other than him, Shade and possibly Veris saw the real her. But he got distracted enough. He headed to Sere's office to make his request, unaware that Ilasi wanted to make other plans...
---
#1117 Posted: 00:24:21 10/05/2019
Veris gave a contented smile as he closed his eyes in pleasure from the petting. He was very happy that the new creature seemed to be okay with him and was open to petting him. He wondered if she would ever feed him any food...

Sere would not be in his office - he and Latnok had already left the ship, intending to meet with the Ishulgites. With the map provided to them by the townsfolk, they would ideally have no problems meeting up.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1118 Posted: 00:32:19 10/05/2019
"Ah, okay. That makes sense. I just wasn't sure, because you're clearly riding him right now," Kasidra stated. "That's cool that you get to take care of him, though. I've never been this close to one before. He seems like a good boy, though," she smiled as she petted him again.
---
#1119 Posted: 00:56:39 10/05/2019
Angora smirked, not knowing whose comfort was funnier.
"Want him to love you even more? Try offering him any meat. No magician can make a better disappearing act." she said jokingly, not understanding Veris' language yet but correctly assuming he must be thinking about food. The turkeys she fed him were gone in no time, but then she was reminded of the horribly clumsy act from earlier and blushed in embarrassment. Angora tried to hide it by hiding some of her face behind Veris' wing.
"Anyway, ready when you are Veris. Unless of course you want to stay here for a while." Angora said after recovering, willing to do whatever Veris wanted.

Maverick almost reached Sere's office, unaware that he wasn't there. He was stopped by a sailor who was covered in what seemed to be hay.
"If you're looking for the captain, you're out of luck. He just went to the island with his partner." the sailor said, disappointing Maverick, but then almost immediately recognizing him.
"I know you. You, you're..." but the sailor stopped him.
"Please don't say the sailor that was eaten by the giant iguana. The sooner I forget the better. Anecdote or not, it's not something pretty to remember. I have found myself unable to sleep in my own cabin, so I just sleep in one of the empty stables." The sailor said, looking remarkably well despite his horrendous ordeal. Although the beast that attacked him was dead, he was still left with the trauma.
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that señor. I almost went through the same experience myself." Maverick said, still remembering his close call. This sailor got the worse end of the deal though.
"Well it doesn't matter. By some miracle, I lived. I've heard that the Scourge himself was the one who detected the creature even while invisible. Crazy as it sounds, he did save my life. Heh, perhaps he's not as bad as everyone else is painting him out to be. He's still dangerous I suppose, but I can see he's not a wild, mindless animal. If it wasn't for him, not even bones would remain of this silly man." the sailor commented, feeling like he owed Shade his life. It made Maverick so happy seeing how someone was changing his views about Shade. One good act was enough to change somebody else's opinion, even if it was somewhat partially.
---
#1120 Posted: 01:23:26 10/05/2019
Quote:
Leoquin wondered what Raclaw could need from him - likely something having to do with either water or opposable thumbs. "No, I'm not doing anything right now," he said - he could always go to the town later today. He had plenty of time. "What do you need?

Leoquin's suspicions would prove to be correct as Raclaw began to explain. "I-- I uh could use your help with something. Normally Latnok would help with this, but he's not here and you're the next best person I could think of.," he said reluctantly pausing before continuing. His lack of opposable thumbs and the placement of the double-loop system would mean that he would always require the help of another to properly secure Chester onto his back. Usually that person would be Latnok, but the Guardian couldn't always be there. "Awhile back-- Latnok and I pursued a way to secure Chester for long term flights and shorter excursions when possible. We found it in the form of the so-called 'double loop' system and Chester has been wanting to go for another flight. Now's the perfect opportunity while Latnok is busy, but it sort of requires opposable thumbs. If you don't mind, I could use your help securing Chester and possibly unsecuring him when we're finished with our flight. It won't be too long and I understand if you have somewhere else to be.," the fur dragon then said motioning towards his back where a hidden lead could be seen on the back of the collar and on the harness ring around the base of his tail.

He hated having to ask for help, but naturally a dragon couldn't properly secure something to their own back. And Chester was very much precious cargo. If Leoquin were to accept-- he would verbally explain the 'double-loop' system as best as he could, including where two leads were supposed to attach onto the front and back of Raclaw's collar. He couldn't really show Leoquin persay, but did memorize Jerry & Jerry's instructions in case of such a event.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:28:30 10/05/2019 by redwes
#1121 Posted: 02:06:14 10/05/2019
Kasidra chuckled softly at the magician joke. "I would imagine so. Are we allowed to feed him? I wouldn't mind giving him a snack or something," she offered.
---
#1122 Posted: 02:28:49 10/05/2019
"I gave him some breakfast earlier, but it was more a snack. Go ahead. Head to the kitchen and get him something. He always accepts food." Angora assured, knowing Veris would put his flight on hold if it meant getting more food. As she waited for Kasidra to make her next move, Angkra started pondering about what she could do about her magic. How could she know if she had such ability. Would Neo help her? Was she doing something wrong. It kinda became an obsession to her to understand Veris' language, so she could avoid being so dependent from Raclaw.

Somewhere else, Maverick was engaged into a long conversation with the surviving sailor.
"Oscurito is dangerous and temperamental, but he's in no way evil. He just wants to do good and control his powers." Maverick assured, wanting to improve Shade's image even further.
"He heh, Oscurito. I just find that name so funny. Nobody would ever associate such a nickname to some humongous dragon. Why, I looked at him closer the other day, and it turns out he's even bigger than the captain's mount." the sailor concluded, an observation that also took Maverick a while to realize.
"Yes, he is. What's better let, señor Laszur seems to be treating him slightly better now after he helped him locate that lizard. You were lucky. Oscurito sensed it and señor Laszur found it. That was some team work." Maverick complimented, remembering that Laszur was the one who located the beast below the ship since Shade couldn't fit.
"Well, he's a galud. No surprise there. Galuds are quite merciless and skillful, but also very loyal. Spent enough time in Redwater to know." The sailor said, not being a native to Redwater but having lived there for years. He knew galuds well. Maverick didn't needed to be told twice. He knew how lethal galuds were. He was after all kidnapped by one once, by Laszur no less. It was hard to imagine that months later, they would be working together for a common cause.
---
#1123 Posted: 02:43:56 10/05/2019
Kasidra nodded. "Alright, I'll see what I can find for him." She headed off to the kitchen to see what snacks she could get for the wyvern. It took the tiefling a bit to actually find where the kitchen was, still being new and all, but she managed to make her way there. A couple of the sailors had pointed her in the right direction. Once there, Kasidra began looking for some suitable food for a wyvern. Angora didn't specify anything, so she figured any sort of meat would do. Although, she wondered if she was supposed to cook it or not. She hoped not, as Kasidra wasn't much of a cook.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:11:17 10/05/2019 by Cynder09
#1124 Posted: 02:52:16 10/05/2019
Angora was, indeed, correct - Veris was more than happy to wait, lounging about as he began to drool. This new person seemed to be amazing already, being so kind to him this early on! Many others were scared of him - and of course, some were right to fear. "What food will they have for me?" he wondered out loud in wyvern speech.

Ilasi headed to Maverick's cabin to try to find him. She gave a knock at the door (knowing that Angora wasn't there at the moment), but received no response from Maverick. She wondered where he could've headed to...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1125 Posted: 03:04:06 10/05/2019
Shortly before Kasidra arrived with the chicken, Veris drooling caused the bad memory from earlier. So while waiting for the tiefling to arrive, Angora loosened her rope and climbed the wyvern's neck, getting close to his ear canal.
"What happened earlier in the enclosure stays between us, alright?" she whispered before quickly sliding his neck to return to his back before anyone would notice, tying her waist once more and pretending that never happened. Veris couldn't talk to anyone... except Raclaw, and if Raclaw knew, Latnok would eventually do too, and it was a humiliation she intended to take to her grave. She was too overwhelmingly embarrased by the event, but tried to hide her self pity when Kasidra arrived with the chicken. She was ready to restrain Veris in case he got overly exited with the new meal.

Meanwhile, Maverick continued talking with the sailor, developing an unexpected yet welcoming friendship. While he had gained more respect from the crew members, this was actually the first time he spent so much time talking to one of them. It felt good making new friends.
---
#1126 Posted: 03:04:46 10/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“Hehe looks like ol Veris is looking forward to the newcomers food.” Icestorm said. “Say Angora you mind if I take a Flight with you two today?”
---
SC
#1127 Posted: 03:11:45 10/05/2019
Kasidra found some chicken and decided that would be a good snack. She grabbed it and headed back to the pair to offer the food to the wyvern. She approached Veris and offered up the chicken. "Here you go, boy, I brought you something." Kasidra simply held the chicken in her hands and held it up to Veris, not thinking that the tamed wyvern would get too excited to cause any harm.
---
#1128 Posted: 03:22:05 10/05/2019
Quote: Spyroconvexity
“Hehe looks like ol Veris is looking forward to the newcomers food.” Icestorm said. “Say Angora you mind if I take a Flight with you two today?”

While Angora was concentrating on restraining Veris if necessary, she still found the moment to answer Icestorm.
"You mean fly on Veris? I don't know. You'll have to ask permission. I won't hear the end of it if you get hurt because I agreed to something that wasn't planned" Angora stated, not comfortable at all with taking such a risk.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:52:30 10/05/2019 by Felines
#1129 Posted: 03:39:08 10/05/2019
"Sure thing, buddy!" Leoquin answered, having correctly guessed what Raclaw needed. As Raclaw explained the means of setting up the harness, Leoquin complied with the instructions, carefully setting Chester on Raclaw's back and securing him, giving the harness system a few pulls and prods to test its security and durability. "Seems alright to me... if a bit ambitious," Leoquin said. "Don't get Chester hurt, now."

Veris gave a grin and a nod at Angora's request, being able to understand her easily enough. He initially started with a darting motion - but stopped himself, instead opting to slowly lower himself and lick the meat out of Kasidra's hand. He quickly raised his head, driving the chicken down his throat after one or two bites. With the meat devoured, he gave Kasidra a smile and a contented hum.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1130 Posted: 03:47:08 10/05/2019
Kasidra smiled at the wyvern. "You liked that, didn't you? I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't have anymore, though. But I'm sure you rather go for a fly or something anyway, so I won't keep you here. It was nice to meet you, though. Maybe I can give you another treat tomorrow." The tiefling wasn't sure if she would be allowed to do anything else with the wyvern or not, but she enjoyed the time spent with Veris so far.
---
#1131 Posted: 03:56:19 10/05/2019
Angora even felt a little jealous about Kasidra getting along so well with Veris, but this was an excellent socialization skill.
"Food... that's pretty much what it takes to win his heart." she commented to Kasidra casually, holding on to the wyvern in case he wildly shot himself upwards like he did yesterday. She didn't know what to do afterwards, but the day was still young. She had plenty of time to think on what to do.

Maverick continued talking to the sailor about many normal things now, unaware that his beloved girlfriend was looking for him.
---
#1132 Posted: 10:11:59 10/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“No I mean fly side by side. I can fly myself.” Icestorm said.
---
SC
#1133 Posted: 15:36:59 10/05/2019
Veris wasn't patient enough to wait for an answer. In a flash, he leapt as he began to beat his wings, picking up speed and altitude rapidly. He was going to fly the same way he did the previous day.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1134 Posted: 16:02:27 10/05/2019
Kasidra chuckled upon seeing Veris take off. "Well, someone's in a hurry to fly. He must not get out very much." She stood on the deck and watched the wyvern. She really didn't have any plans for today, so she figured she could maybe watch the wyvern, if there was nothing else to do.
---
#1135 Posted: 16:14:25 10/05/2019
Angora was about to answer Icestorm when Veris took off so hastily. Her improved harness wasn't as tight as yesterday, so she almost fell off.
"Easy! Easy! Woah Veris! Woah!" que yelled as the wind slapped her face. There was another flock of those fluffy bat things they saw yesterday. Despite the double breakfast, she was certain Veris didn't want to miss the opportunity.
"Careful where you fly Veris." she warned, restraining him a bit to prevent him from going too crazy with the freedom.

While a little nervous, Angora was also exited and happy... but... how long was that going to last? She was still thinking of Shepherd's offer... but there was a reason why she needed to think about it. But what? She couldn't remember. Even this high up, Angora was still thinking... why did Shepherd wanted her? Why did he contacted her? Above all, why was he interested in her happiness? So much to ponder about, but for now, Angora focused on keeping Veris active and happy.
---
#1136 Posted: 19:52:32 10/05/2019
Veris eyed the bat creatures as he flew, his gaze fixated on them. He started to pick up altitude - but halted, remembering that Angora was on his back.
Instead, he glided towards the potential pray more slowly. He hoped that he would be able to catch them at the speed he was going, but he couldn't risk dropping Angora.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1137 Posted: 20:27:34 10/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“Hey wait up!” Icestorm then stopped for a moment. “Hey Kasidra do you want to go for a ride? I’m more than happy to give one.”
---
SC
#1138 Posted: 20:33:22 10/05/2019
Kasidra tilted her head and gave the dwarf kaiju a confused look. "A ride? Are you sure that's a good idea? Aren't you a little... Small?" The tiefling questioned whether or not Icestorm was capable of supporting the weight of a person.
---
#1139 Posted: 20:48:02 10/05/2019
Quote:
"Sure thing, buddy!" Leoquin answered, having correctly guessed what Raclaw needed. As Raclaw explained the means of setting up the harness, Leoquin complied with the instructions, carefully setting Chester on Raclaw's back and securing him, giving the harness system a few pulls and prods to test its security and durability. "Seems alright to me... if a bit ambitious," Leoquin said. "Don't get Chester hurt, now."

"Don't worry-- he'll come back in one piece.," Raclaw said with a smile as he noticed the others taking off. "Hey wait up-- I'll join you. I hope you don't mind if Chester comes along.," he then said catching up with Icestorm who was still on deck. Chester offered an excited bark safely secured on Raclaw's back.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:51:53 10/05/2019 by redwes
#1140 Posted: 21:01:02 10/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“I may look small but I’m just as strong as Veris.” Icestorm said. He then looked at Raclaw. “Not at all. Come join us!”
---
SC
#1141 Posted: 21:05:56 10/05/2019
"Okay, fair point..." Kasidra said hesitantly, "but what about a saddle or a harness? You know, something for me to hold onto, so that I don't fall off?"
---
#1142 Posted: 21:10:04 10/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“Good point. Hey Raclaw you have some rope or something to keep her on?”
---
SC
#1143 Posted: 21:25:58 10/05/2019
Latnok and Sere made their way through the jungle - cutting a swathe with machetes as they went along in order to make a beeline for the Ishulgites. Though summer was slowly starting to pass, the island didn't seem to want to join in on the trend.
There were no creatures who decided to get in their way today - Latnok and Sere were sure to make as much noise as possible in order to scare any potential stalkers away. Eventually, they would pass a push to reveal a clearing - with what seemed to be a large, ornate temple built. Assembled around the rough, uneven grounds were creatures of all species, much like the town on the island - and they were wearing blue ceremonial garments, if they weren't guards dressed in chitinous armor.
Latnok and Sere walked forward, to be greeted by two of the guards - an elf and a human. "Welcome, travelers," the elf greeted. "Blessed be you on this day. Are you here to learn about our divine future? Do you seek hope in these trying times?"
Sere had a specific topic, but figured it wise to indulge the guards. "It depends on what kind of hope," Sere answered. "Where is your leader?"
"The one you would call our leader is currently in the process of making preparations for securing our island. Eventually, we intend to secure the whole world."
Now Sere's attention was piqued. "...what exactly do you mean by 'secure'?" Sere asked suspiciously.
"Oh, I apologize. As you know, we are the Ishulgites. We have one goal - to end all strife and suffering in the world. To that end, we will bring many in unity for one purpose - to create peace, and create a barrier against those who would threaten it. Now, you ask, what makes us think we can accomplish this, where so many other tyrants have failed to conquer the world? Here is one thing that makes us different - we don't seek to force people into compliance. Every one of us here serves willingly, looking for a brighter future.
Now, the more important part - in order to create this world, it must be free from outside influences once we have unified it. We have consecrated ground here in which gods are powerless - most gods. There will be one god - one who serves the people. One who would not have people live in fear of their wrath. One who cares. One who doesn't play with the lives of others by irresponsibly assigning a pet creature to a world-saving task on a whim because of their own infatuation. Our god's name... Ishulgu."
Latnok and Sere were now even more interested - the guard's words seemed oddly specific. Much like the sentiment they had about Orion's decision.
"We see you're curious," the elf said. "Pray, stay awhile, and we will seek to answer more questions of yours..."

The elvish citizens continued to march around the walls of the Silvianestian king's castle - the elvish soldiers left them alone for now. They seemed to be marching as some sort of protest - which could safely be ignored.
All of that would soon change. As the elves completed their seventh march around the perimeter of the castle, roots began wildly growing through the ground. Soon, the foundations of the castle walls were starting to shatter.
"The hell is going on?!" one soldier demanded. Mages tried desperately to halt the roots - but the spell seemed to have no source in the crowd, and their magic did next to nothing to halt the growth of the roots. Soon, the castle walls crumbled completely, killing most of the soldiers standing on them - the ones who remained tried futilely to hold as the elvish citizens rushed in over the now debris-covered moat. They prayed Glaveilio was still alive, so he would finally have a chance to answer for his decision...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1144 Posted: 21:38:12 10/05/2019
Quote: Spyroconvexity
“Good point. Hey Raclaw you have some rope or something to keep her on?”

"I'm afraid not.," Raclaw shook his head no. "Perhaps the ship has a spare?," he then suggested scanning the deck.
---
#1145 Posted: 21:43:54 10/05/2019
"I don't know, but I'm not flying unless I can secure myself somehow. I don't want to fall off," Kasidra stated. She looked around the deck to see if there was anything she could use.
---
#1146 Posted: 21:53:19 10/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“Over here I found some rope!” Icestorm said as he picked it up. “You can tie it to me.
---
SC
#1147 Posted: 21:59:11 10/05/2019
After what seemed like hours, Maverick was done talking to the sailor, who was going to replace somebody from the skeleton crew who did some of the hardest work. The hybrid spent an awesome time with the man, and hoped these conversations could repeat themselves in the future. He headed to the main deck again, seeing that almost everyone he knew weren't there. Angora was probably still taking care of Veris, and Sere and Latnok were away. Perhaps Ilasi was around? He went looking for her... but then he saw Shade, who looked bored. Before looking for his girlfriend, he searched for Laszur...

Veris eyed the bat creatures as he flew, his gaze fixated on them. He started to pick up altitude - but halted, remembering that Angora was on his back.
Instead, he glided towards the potential pray more slowly. He hoped that he would be able to catch them at the speed he was going, but he couldn't risk dropping Angora.

Angora could see how careful Veris was, without needing her to restrain him. While the bat creatures knew he was there, they made little to no effort to escape him. They were relatively easy to hunt. Taking advantage of Veris taking things easier, Angora made sure to restrain herself better so that Veris could have more freedom without worrying too much about her. As she did, she decided it was time to talk to a certain someone.
"Alright Neo. Enough of the silent treatment. I have magic. True I don't use it very often, but I'm willing to practice more. Tell me, can it be used to communicate with creatures like Veris?" Angora asked, Neo having been inactive for so long, she wasn't certain he was going to answer.
---
#1148 Posted: 22:12:16 10/05/2019
Kasidra walked over to Icestorm and took the rope from him. "Okay, let's just hope this works..." she said quietly. She tied the rope to Icestorm, making sure it was secure. "Okay, that seems tight enough." Kasidra looked at Icestorm's small stature and seemed hesitant to get on. "You just better be careful about how you fly. Don't go getting any crazy ideas." She hopped on, holding on tightly to the rope. "Alright, nice and easy now..." she told him.
---
#1149 Posted: 22:23:07 10/05/2019
"Remember Icestorm-- Kasidra is using an improvised rope and not a proper harness. You have to keep that in mind when considering more advanced maneuvers." Raclaw said eager to fly and ready to take off the moment they were. Chester wasn't going anywhere with the system that he had in place. 'Perhaps overkill, but it certainly does the trick.,' he thought to himself. He felt better knowing that Latnok had gone with the double-loop system and not the single attachment. It meant that he could perhaps perform advanced maneuvers whereas Icestorm would be more limited in that regard.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:25:56 10/05/2019 by redwes
#1150 Posted: 22:34:47 10/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Icestorm lowered himself a little then lifted her up a few inches off the ground. “The take off is bumpy but once we get flying it gets smoother.” He then spread his wings. “Hold on tight!” He then started a run then flapped his wings taking off into the air just as easy as Veris.

”if you train hard enough you can. However you’re not advanced enough yet to achieve this.” Neo said. ”however I can temporarily pervide you this ability to help you.”
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 23 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me