Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 19 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#901 Posted: 00:55:54 01/05/2019
Laszur took the javelin from Shade once again. "Good enough," he called. "We'll practice with this for now. Later, I'll probably use something which is more conducive to being caught."
Laszur and Shade would continue the exercise for some time. When they were done, Laszur gave Sjade permission to play around in the general area for a while.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#902 Posted: 01:18:24 01/05/2019
While Ilasi worked with the inventory, Maverick got familiarized with the locals and their needs. They seemed to be happy with what very little they had, and clearly practically everything they owned nature provided. The island was probably full of gold too if they were willing to pay with it.
"Ok Ilasi. Time to start. Veris probably has Angorita very busy, so we'll have to do this without her. Let's go. Let's walk around." Maverick suggested, starting to draw attention to himself while speaking in a loud voice.
"Come right here folks. We got anything you may need. Weapons, utensils, clothes, tools, metals, anything you need, we might have it." he started calling, using a loud voice but avoiding screaming. This was such a quiet town that he didn't want to interrupt any of the peace.

Lying down on Veris' snout so close to his mouth will clearly demonstrate him how much she trusted him. Angora was so relaxed, she almost fell asleep herself, but remembering she still had a responsibility to him, she sat down.
"Well now Veris, you hunted, you ate, I groomed you, you slept for a little while, what now? Want to play a game? Maybe some tag?" she suggested, knowing Veris wasn't too interested in the spring toy. She was quite surprised that the wyvern hadn't asked to play (unaware that the rock throw meant precisely that). Maybe a chasing game was the activity for him, though she wasn't certain if tag was such a good idea with an animal strong in predatory instincts. Although she could use her round orange shield to protect herself, and Veris could roll her around like a hamster ball. It was pretty much the only magic she could nail to perfection.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#903 Posted: 01:27:20 01/05/2019
Veris shook his head from side to side - he was satisfied for the moment. Instead, he picked himself up, moving near the ship before briefly going airborne to board it. He moved back near the area of his enclosure, lying down to indicate that he needed nothing further at the moment.
---
I'm just... a guy...
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8830
#904 Posted: 02:16:01 01/05/2019
Meanwhile...Quote:
Latnok quickly homed in on the source of the sound, making a beeline for it. Though there was a crowd at the market, it was still relatively easy to pass through. Though some vendors tried to get his attention, Latnok already had a goal in mind - finding a glimpse of a dog appearing to be a bloodhound, with its armed hunter with meat fresh from a recent kill.

It wouldn't be long until Latnok, Raclaw, and the canine Chester would meet who they were looking for. As the trio picked up the pace-- an older looking gentleman perhaps in his 50s or 60s could be seen slicing up what appeared to be a rather large boar. "Hold on old Rofus, it's just another hunter.," the man could be heard saying as what appeared to be an older looking Red Bloodhound could be seen getting excited at Chester's presence. The older looking man pulled back on what appeared to be a leather leash that was tightly rounded up and wrapped around his arm. "Hey-- you look young. How goes life?," a series of barks could be heard to the trio including Latnok as always. "Uh-- life's good. How goes the kill?," Chester awkwardly responded in a somewhat excited manner. The two would briefly 'chat' while the older man addressed Latnok-- and Raclaw. "Oh wait-- you're one of those Guardians from the ship, aren't you?," he said eyeing Raclaw but not immediately asking about him. He was no doubt curious about the fur dragon companion.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#905 Posted: 02:54:58 01/05/2019
Maverick and Ilasi spent half an hour walking around town selling stuff, but all they managed to sell was a box of fishhooks from a lady that claimed was a gift for her husband. She paid Maverick a whole bar of gold, clearly far more than what those fishhooks were worth, though she didn't seemed to mind at all parting with it in exchange for something so trivial. Maverick wanted to be honest but the lady let him keep the whole thing.

While they have only made one single sale, they already received something very valuable for it. Maverick put the gold bar in his hyperspace bag, estimating the thing must be at least thirty pounds. While there was time to keep selling stuff, he wasn't going to mind if that was their only sale. His hopes got up again when he saw a boy and a girl about four and six respectively approaching him. Maybe they would buy something as well... but then Maverick discovered they only wanted to touch the hair on his arms. Upon closer look and one could see they were a couple of merfolk kids. The scales on their legs indicated they didn't know how to fully transform yet.
"Ouch! Watch it there kiddies." Maverick complained, but in a kind voice, when the kids started to pull his hair. When he asked about their parents, they told him their father was the blacksmith of the town while their mother was the lady who purchased the fishhooks. Neither of them seemed interested in stopping the curious kids, so Maverick patiently tolerated them.

Quote: A Guy
Veris shook his head from side to side - he was satisfied for the moment. Instead, he picked himself up, moving near the ship before briefly going airborne to board it. He moved back near the area of his enclosure, lying down to indicate that he needed nothing further at the moment.

Angora was secretly pleased that Veris had enough, though she wouldn't have minded a little bit more quality time with him. She guided the wyvern to his enclosure.
"I'll be right back." she said,my easing to the kitchen, and after a few minutes, she returned with a handful of raw lamb chops, using some gloves to prevent the meat from getting to her.
"Here. You earned it. Thanks for the wonderful time Veris." Angora stated with a smile, Veris having behaved wonderfully, except of course at the beginning when he went too wild with the hunt. Other than that, she didn't regret a moment. She held a long gaze to him, wondering if this would be the last time she sees him. The stranger from the orb stated that he would help her have her family back, but what did that even mean? Sere has made her life so miserable, so obviously, he had to be out of the equation, Veris along with him. And of course, there was the transformation. Just what was in store for her and her friends?
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8770
#906 Posted: 03:10:04 01/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade smiled. “Thank you sir!” Shade by now had been eying the water wanting to play in it near shore. He ran into the water splashing and swimming in it. He was enjoying himself.

Meanwhile someone was watching shade on a hologram. It was his mother. She smiled. ”Thank you Laszur for helping train him.” she simply said. ”I do hope to meet you and the others in person someday.” she said to him telepathically.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:07:43 01/05/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#907 Posted: 03:46:18 01/05/2019
"Why, yes, I am one of the Ardent Guardians," Latnok answered. "One of two on the ship. You're actually just the person I need. Now, my friend here," Latnok continued, pointing to Chester, "is interested in learning how to swim. I've never taught a dog how to swim - but I figure that maybe someone with a hunting dog would have the experience." Latnok was aware of where the hunter's attention was, but said nothing for the moment.

Ilasi had a soft spot for children, with most of them still naively unaware of the world and having their entire lives to look forward to. Nevertheless, however, they did seem to be giving Maverick a bit of a hard time...
"Now, now, kids, pulling on hair like that can hurt," Ilasi told the kids - perhaps, not having the sort of hair Maverick had, they didn't know how much they could be bothering him. "I'm sure he won't have a problem with you asking him questions."

Veris voraciously devoured the food offered to him - it wasn't any cooking, but food was food all the same. After finishing the meat, he met Angora's gaze, tilting his head slowly back and forth as he did so, before eventually settling down, giving a pleased hum. He was satisfied with the one-on-one time he had today - and though he hoped for more like it, he knew there was no guarantee.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#908 Posted: 05:09:18 01/05/2019
Angora patted his snout briefly, nodding as goodbye before finally leaving him and closing the enclosure's door. She really loved that wyvern. Incredible to think he was far more likable than his master. If only the owner could be that kind. Leaving for good this time, Angora thought of heading to Sere's office to let him know that Veris was back, and that he was well fed and groomed, but she wasn't in the mood to see him, and given how tired he was when they last met him, he was probably sleeping right now. She was going to let him see for himself what she did.

Arriving at the main deck, Angora left the ship through the gangplank, spotting Shade playing. Did Laszur really allowed such a thing? Perhaps his heart wasn't as hard as she thought, or maybe Shade did a miracle and somehow convinced him to be easier on him. Whatever happened, it made her smile. But she was going to honor the order and not interacting with him, so instead, she took cover around the foliage. Now completely alone, she took out the orb once more.
"Well, I guess this is it, isn't it sir? Did my last chore, now I suppose we'll meet?" Angora said, awaiting instructions. Maverick and Ilasi probably started their job without her, and she didn't want to keep the stranger waiting for far longer than she already had. She had been awaiting this moment for so long, but now that it did, it was scary.

Ilasi had a soft spot for children, with most of them still naively unaware of the world and having their entire lives to look forward to. Nevertheless, however, they did seem to be giving Maverick a bit of a hard time...
"Now, now, kids, pulling on hair like that can hurt," Ilasi told the kids - perhaps, not having the sort of hair Maverick had, they didn't know how much they could be bothering him. "I'm sure he won't have a problem with you asking him questions."

The kids looked at Ilasi a bit of guilt, but also with a small scowl.
"But it's so much." the little boy said, still pulling.
"Human have hair, just not this much. How long does it take to grow back? You can make a fortune stuffing cushions with this." the older girl suggested, making Maverick guffaw. The comment was so unexpected and random he couldn't help laughing so hard.
"Gee, I'm not sure. I mean, of course it's soft, but I'm not sure how others would feel about a cushion full of human hair." Maverick commented, though of course, he wasn't entirely human.
"Then don't say it." the girl said, feeling a bit offended that Maverick laughed so hard. She mistakenly believed he was making fun of her. Still, she was so attracted by the unique hair she couldn't help keep playing with it like her little brother.
---
#909 Posted: 06:40:36 01/05/2019
Quote:
"Why, yes, I am one of the Ardent Guardians," Latnok answered. "One of two on the ship. You're actually just the person I need. Now, my friend here," Latnok continued, pointing to Chester, "is interested in learning how to swim. I've never taught a dog how to swim - but I figure that maybe someone with a hunting dog would have the experience." Latnok was aware of where the hunter's attention was, but said nothing for the moment.

The two canines stopped 'talking' as Chester looked up at both Latnok and the older gentleman. The little Beagle's lit up as if very interested in the man's next words. "Well..," the man began to say and he changed his glance away from the unique specimen that was Raclaw. "He seems young and able-- I don't see why I can't teach him a thing or two. After all, I managed to teach old Rofus here and he wouldn't even touch the water before.," he said pausing presumily catching his breath or thinking of the good 'ol days. "How well does he listen to commands?," he then asked matching the Beagle's stare and staring right back into his eyes. Raclaw remained silent, usually not getting into any of Latnok's negotiations. The fur dragon merely gave a smile for now, looking presentable and pleased to make progress on Chester's sudden new desire. He recalled when *he* would barely touch the water.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:41:46 01/05/2019 by redwes
#910 Posted: 18:22:56 01/05/2019
The orb glowed as Angora called on it to request instructions. "Head as deep into the forested area as you can," it answered. "When you are deep enough, we will find you. May your faith guide you." The orb fell silent for now, though it was still potentially responsive.

Laszur could not immediately locate the source of the telepathy - but it was familiar. Shade's mother. Not knowing how to return the response, he would settle for simply speaking. "This will go as smoothly as he wants it to go," Laszur answered. "I don't know if you'll get the chance to meet us in person - I might be long dead before then - but ideally, your son would work well enough with us to complete his sentence." Indeed, what the actual sentence itself required was vague - especially with what Shade did - but ultimately, it would be up to the king's judgment.

"Okay, I think we have to get going now..." Ilasi said to the kids, giving Maverick a questioning look. She could only imagine how much this was bothering him - but he hadn't said anything yet. Perhaps he was just trying to make a good impression among the children here? Or maybe he was just happy with the very successful sale so far?

Latnok gave a big, sly smile with the hunter's question. "How well does he listen? He has absolutely no problem following instructions - as long as you're not trying to eat him, of course. Why, we've already taught him how to mount a dragon!" Latnok recalled the device which allowed them to secure Chester to Raclaw for flights - of course, it was a more simple matter than he might have given the impression of, but he was telling the truth.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#911 Posted: 18:55:07 01/05/2019
"Hmm... A dragon you say? Oh-- is that what he is?," the older hunter said changing his glance to Raclaw and what appeared to be part of a harness around the base of the fur dragon's tail. "You know, I've never seen a dragon with so much.. fur. Tell you want-- you peaked my interest. Come back within say a couple hours and I'll teach your Beagle how to swim. And in return, you can tell me about your winged friend here.," he then said not even bothering to hide his interest in Raclaw anymore. "My master likes to know about about all new creatures. He keeps an journal on them to pass onto his grandkids one day.," the bloodhound explained to Chester not knowing that he would *also* be telling Raclaw and Latnok as well.
---
#912 Posted: 20:24:42 01/05/2019 | Topic Creator
”someday we will meet.” Crystal said telepathically. ”in due time.”

Shade meanwhile had found a rock and began to play with it in the water. He was throwing it and skipping it without a care in the world.
---
SC
#913 Posted: 22:33:24 01/05/2019
"Sounds like we have ourselves a deal," Latnok answered, reaching out a hand to offer a handshake. He wondered if he should speak with the bloodhound about being able to understand him - but figured that it would best be something to reveal later. For now, he got what he needed - or rather, he would have it soon enough.

Laszur simply looked along as Shade played around in the water, like a hatchling being thrown in a pool for the first time. There would be other times for some more strict training; for now, he would let Shade have this moment, something to hang on to to allow him to maintain a semblance of hope for the future. If he saw how easy things could go if he simply did what he was told, perhaps he would be more inclined to do so.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#914 Posted: 23:41:46 01/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade soon was spent and soon came from the water having had his fun time. “Thank you sir for allowing me to play.
---
SC
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9878
#915 Posted: 23:56:16 01/05/2019
Name: Kasidra

Species: Tiefling

Good or evil: Neutral

Appearance: Kasidra is about 5'7 in height, with a slender, slightly athletic build. She's skinny, with not a lot of muscle on her, but she doesn't look scrawny. She has short, black hair in a pixie cut. Her skin is a dull, brick red color. She has solid, golden eyes, that almost appear to glow. She has small, black, ram-like horns that start at her forehead and curve around her slightly pointed ears. She has a tail with a barbed end, like a scorpion's, which has slow-acting deadly poison in it. Kasidra wears a full black leather outfit for protection, which covers her body, with gloves as well. She wears a long, black cloak that can hide her body when wrapped around her. The hood of the cloak hangs down low, covering her face and hiding it in shadow. The cloak has an obsidian jeweled clasp or button that holds the cloak together at her shoulders.

Personally: Kasidra is an intellectual who often appears apathetic to the concerns of those around her. She is cold and calculating, and tends to behave in a more practical manner. She rarely has much of a reaction to events unfolding around her, aside from maybe a sarcastic comment or two. She can be blunt with her thoughts and opinions, but also knows when to keep her mouth shut. Despite her seemingly complete lack of empathy, she surprisingly tends to work well with others. She is obedient, and tends to follow the orders of her superiors without hardly any questions or resistance, even if she doesn't like it. Despite the attitude she can have at times with some people, she can be polite and respectful of her superiors.

Weapons: The only weapons she carries are a pair of daggers and a set of throwing knives. Her boots are magical, allowing her to walk silently to avoid detection through hearing. Her cloak is also magical, which can turn her invisible when wrapped around her, and the jewel is activated through touch.

Elements: Blood magic. Her magic is her primary means of defense, which she is quite skilled with, although it does tend to require a lot of concentration. She can manipulate it like water and control the movements of others through their blood. She can even stop someone's heart if she so chooses. However, she can also heal with her magic as well, particularly with health issues relating to blood, like blood flow and blood loss. She can also remove harmful toxins from the bloodstream.

History: Orphaned at a young age, Kasidra has always been a bit of an independent nomad, traveling the world in search of work just to get by, following wherever the money takes her. While not one to seek riches, she does hope to find her place in the world, and get enough of a steady income to survive off of. While not particularly proud of it, she has had to resort to stealing at times, just to survive, especially in her youth. Although, her success at such stealthy tactics and willingness to resort to unlawful methods, does help land her some shady jobs with a shady crowd of people. She can be paid to do practically anything asked of her, and combined with her abilities, tends to get a lot of assassin type jobs. She often bounces around from job to job, often being discarded by a group once she's no longer needed. Due to often working with the wrong kind of people, she's used to being mistreated and distrusted, as well as threatened if she doesn't behave herself. She's used to working with evil, which tends to ruin her reputation among those who have heard of her, but isn't opposed to working with good people. She has no loyalty to any particular alignment, and instead is loyal to whoever is paying her.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
#916 Posted: 00:22:16 02/05/2019
Quote:
"Sounds like we have ourselves a deal," Latnok answered, reaching out a hand to offer a handshake. He wondered if he should speak with the bloodhound about being able to understand him - but figured that it would best be something to reveal later. For now, he got what he needed - or rather, he would have it soon enough.

The hunter accepted Latnok's handshake with a firm grip, pleased that he would get what he wanted out of the deal. As the trio walked away from hunter-- Raclaw wasn't the least bit surprised and what it would 'cost' them. Everyone wanted to know about him upon meeting him and some even wanted to buy him. Or at least some thought about buying him, although Latnok never let the conversation get that far. This man just wanted knowledge and it made him wonder just how rare the Fur Dragon species was. He and Chester smiled at each other-- the two companions pleased that Chester would finally get his wish. Other venders and citizens watched Raclaw with curiosity; nothing out of the ordinary.
---
#917 Posted: 00:29:46 02/05/2019
Having heard about the ship that had just arrived recently, Kasidra headed off to find it, in order to speak with the captain about a job. She wasted no time, wanting to catch up to them before they could get a chance to leave. She had waited too long already to finally get off this island. This was only supposed to be a temporary stay, due to her last job, but that shipwreck had changed her plans drastically. She had been stranded here ever since, and now she finally had an opportunity to actually leave.

Approaching the ship, she paused on the shore for a moment. Kasidra didn't know these people, or what they were like. She wasn't sure if she would be greeted outside, or even allowed to board the ship without some kind of permission. Every ship captain had their own rules. What was the protocol here? Cautiously, she stepped closer to the ship, looking around for anyone who might be outside. "Hello? Is anyone here?" She called out.
---
#918 Posted: 00:40:54 02/05/2019
Laszur, while watching Shade, had also been keeping an eye on the ship in case any other wildlife decided that it was a good idea to try to board it and eat the crew members. There was... someone he didn't recognize, but they didn't seem to be trying to board the ship, at least not immediately. Were they here to speak with the captain? Or here to scout for the town? Either way, he would greet the new guest. "You can stay out here for a bit more time, but I expect you to return to the ship," Laszur said to Shade - he would see how the dragon reacted to being given a non-specific order like this. "I will be leaving to greet our new guest."
Laszur began moving across the sand of the shore, his face-veil providing his eyes protection from the sun as he did so. He wouldn't use invisibility - no need to cause a threat response just yet.
When he was a suitable distance away, he called out to the newcomer. "Hey, you by the gangplank!" he called out as he came closer. "What is your business here?"

Latnok was fine with waiting a bit of time. His main concern would be keeping his friends entertained until then. Perhaps he could find somewhere to feed them while he was waiting.
"So, guys..." he said, "find any place you'd like to try here so far? I don't know where to start, myself." This place was unusual to the others he had been to up until now - the food was likely to be very different, too.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#919 Posted: 00:41:17 02/05/2019
OOC: Hey Cynder09. Welcome to the team smilie

While Maverick wanted to answer, he wanted to make at least one more sale, but nobody else seemed interested in purchasing anything. The children annoying him wasn't making things easy either. When he got near the blacksmith, he could see the giant of a man he was. He was human, but Maverick could've sworn he was an ogre.
"CHILDREN! LEAVE THAT MAN ALONE NOW!" he bellowed, startling even Maverick. The children didn't hesitated. They obeyed their father immediately. They went to a corner of the shop that had a table and a couple of chairs, sitting there as if defeated.
"My apologies for that lady and gentleman. It's been a while since we've received new people to the island. And none have looked quite like you." The man explained, excusing his naughty children's behavior.
"Oh it's alright señor. It's not the first time my hair have attracted people in such a way." Maverick assured, being remarkably patient, but also relieved that the kids weren't annoying him any longer.
"Oh, a Spanish man. Nice. Selling stuff I see. Many people here are easy to please and don't need anything else. But I could use some new metals. I can give you some gold and even an armor excusive from this island if you're interested." the man offered, making Maverick smile. Sounds like he was going to make another sale after all, and with a little extra something added.
"Well of course, if it isn't much trouble señor." Maverick answered, immediately removing all the loose metal he had in his hyperspace bag, and the grin on the large man's face clearly indicated he was liking what he was seeing.
"Something you'd like Ilasi?" Maverick asked, his girlfriend not seeing like the type that would be into armors, but perhaps she would want one as a souvenir or maybe for parts.

The orb glowed as Angora called on it to request instructions. "Head as deep into the forested area as you can," it answered. "When you are deep enough, we will find you. May your faith guide you." The orb fell silent for now, though it was still potentially responsive.

"The forest?" Angora repeated, skeptical about navigating such deep foliage with meat eating giant lizards around. If Maverick was targeted, she would most likely had more risk of being attacked. But she had faced far worse than that in the past, and that was before even acquiring magic, so she marched straight forward without hesitating any longer, looking at the ship and the happy Shade for a brief moment. Him happy was such a pleasant image, and soon it may be more constant.
"Alright. Here we go." she said with a sigh, disappearing into the foliage.

There was no time to keep looking back. Angora had awaited this day for so long, and while she was afraid on the test that awaited her, she nevertheless kept walking, not looking back anymore. This was it. No turning back now. What terrified her the most was not knowing what this transformation was all about, but the stranger helped her once before, and has returned the object he asked for as payment. What's more, he had told her in his own little way that Maverick was still alive when he was taken, and he kept his word. Maverick was alive and the same pleasant man he's always been. This strange mage hadn't given her any reason for not trusting him. He has helped her and her family before. And even today, he was still aiding her when the rest of the world are either unable to or turning their backs on her. Keep moving forward without hesitation or doubt was all Angora could do right now...
---
#920 Posted: 00:53:12 02/05/2019
ooc: Hey, thanks for having me. smilie

Kasidra heard someone call out and turned to get a look at them. She noticed a person approaching her, likely a member of the crew, if she had to wager a guess. "Oh, hello! Uh, I was looking to meet with the captain, actually. I'd like a job, if you're open to having a new crew member on board."
---
#921 Posted: 01:05:22 02/05/2019 | Topic Creator
soon Shade was done having his fun. He was just starting his walk back when he saw Laszur talking with an unknown female. He decided it was best he keep his distance to avoid drawing too much attention to himself or potentially scaring the unknown female. He then started his way up the gangplank.
---
SC
#922 Posted: 01:07:14 02/05/2019
Laszur figured that this was a native of the island - who he would have no reason to innately distrust, though they would be better safe than sorry. "I will escort you to the captain's cabin," he offered. "We should have many positions available. Please don't impale anything moving through the tight corridors." Laszur led the way up the gangplank, beckoning for the newcomer to follow.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#923 Posted: 01:19:48 02/05/2019
Kasidra nodded in understanding, a motion that would appear more subtle with her hood up. "Alright, sounds good," she replied. She followed him up the gangplank. She was familiar enough with ships to know to be careful in tight corridors, especially ones that had any sharp decorations. Although, she was more interested in meeting the captain and learning what positions were available. It was hard to discern what sort of goals this crew had from just briefly meeting one member. She didn't know what to expect yet, but she figured she would soon find out.
---
#924 Posted: 01:22:11 02/05/2019
OOC: Welcome to the RP, Cyndra! smilie

Quote:
Latnok was fine with waiting a bit of time. His main concern would be keeping his friends entertained until then. Perhaps he could find somewhere to feed them while he was waiting.
"So, guys..." he said, "find any place you'd like to try here so far? I don't know where to start, myself." This place was unusual to the others he had been to up until now - the food was likely to be very different, too.

"Hmm..," Raclaw thought out loud. "Oh-- how about that place?," Chester then said motioning towards a stand that promised spicy exotic foods of some kind. Whatever it was wasn't immediately certain, but the smell that came off it promised something very very delicious albeit with a kick. It wasn't anything that was immediately identifiable, such as rainbow fish or steak. Chester was going off of smell alone, but smell was only the dog's finest sense. If they dare approached-- the smell would only intensify and varying offers with what looked like different kinds of peppers could be seen. "One Specialty Number One coming right up!," a voice could be heard as the vender rushes out a plate full of something to a nearby customer. The names certainly weren't helping make it anymore clear...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:21 02/05/2019 by redwes
#925 Posted: 01:28:04 02/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade looked back and was the two coming and made way for them. He was still unsure of the new guest and would let her ask questions if she had any thirds him. He still kept a little away as his size could possibly frighten her.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:29:05 02/05/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#926 Posted: 01:45:45 02/05/2019
Laszur would lead Kasidra through the corridors of the ship, running into very few of the crew. Those they did meet looked at Kasidra with some curiosity, many not being familiar with her species. Laszur would eventually reach the captain's cabin, at the bottom of the ship.
Giving a sharp knock on the door, Sere, donned in his red dragonhide, would soon answer, sharply opening the door - he had not been sleeping like Angora had believed, but was instead busy in other plans. Though the crew was given temporary leave after their rough voyage, they would be on the move soon enough, and Sere wanted to make sure they were all ready.
"We have a visitor for you here, Captain," Laszur reported, as he brought Kasidra forward. "She is interested in working for us."
Sere only needed a cursory look at the newcomer before identifying her as a tiefling - not something he saw every day. "Hmm... welcome. Please step in and tell me about what brings you here," he requested, stepping out of the way. There would be a bit of furniture available for taking a seat if the potential recruit so desired it. "I take it you're a native here, then? Or are you just unlucky?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#927 Posted: 01:57:05 02/05/2019
Somewhere on the island, a little troll walked seemingly without a path or a course, just a limbo of trees and leaves. The wind blowing sounded more like whispering spirits than the noises of nature. Even so, that wasn't going to stop her. No hostile wildlife encounter so far. She just walked with all her senses in full alert. Nobody knew about this, not Shade, not Maverick, not even Veris. It was all or nothing...
---
#928 Posted: 03:00:11 02/05/2019
Though Chester was rather interested in the food the vendor was selling, Latnok was somewhat dubious about it - more for Chester's sake rather than his own. Though he didn't know too much about a dog's diet, he couldn't recall ever hearing about them eating anything spicy. "Uh... are you sure spicy food is okay for you?" Latnok asked Chester hesitantly. Better to be safe than sorry, after all.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#929 Posted: 03:08:28 02/05/2019
Kasidra followed Laszur through the corridors, occasionally looking around to familiarize herself with the place, and to make sure she didn't get impaled by anything along the way. It would probably look bad for her resume to get injured by simply walking throughout the ship. She gave glances to curious crew members, understanding that many probably didn't know what she was exactly. At least, she preferred that over the alternative, being familiar enough to form a negative opinion for whatever reason.

When the captain answered the door, Kasidra looked up at him to get a good look at who would hopefully be her new boss, at least for the time being. She didn't know how long this potential job would last. It was always hard to tell for sure. She would just have to wait and see what jobs were available to her.

"Thank you, sir," she said as she stepped inside and made her way to a chair. Kasidra sat down, keeping her posture straight, and her eyes on the captain. "Definitely the latter, sir," she answered. "Luck abandoned me a long time ago. At least the good kind anyway. An old job brought me to the area, and a shipwreck left me stranded on this island. You're the first visitors I've seen since I came here."
---
#930 Posted: 03:23:46 02/05/2019
"I'm not sure-- I don't think I ever had spicy food. Sometimes my own masters had it before the end, but they weren't exactly the sharing type.," Chester whined admittedly in a somewhat sad tone. Raclaw shook his head, having a somewhat better idea of what dogs could or couldn't eat. Admittingly-- he and Sandy often got the same food on the farm, but their meals occasionally differed as his old human family tried to allow him to experience different things. "Hey-- don't worry about it Chester. I'm sure we can find something. Uh here... how about that one over there?," Raclaw said referring to a nearby vender that offered a very different smell. This vender offered a somewhat salty and fishy smell to it; Latnok would recognize it as Cavier offered in various types and colors. It was certainly something that nether Raclaw or Chester would've had before encountering Latnok and the Guardians. A small line had formed in front of the vender with a rather richly dressed gentlemen leading the front.
---
#931 Posted: 03:53:05 02/05/2019
Though this place was different from the mainland, even the people here had their luxuries. Latnok was rather interested in how the caviar here would be compared to what was available on the mainland. He approached the stand with his bag of currency prepared - he then recalled that this island was rather separated and might have different currency. Then again, being full of castaways, they may accept a variety of currencies.
"Good afternoon," Latnok said to the well-dressed gentleman. "So what kind of caviar do you have on offer right now? Looking for something for myself and my two friends here."

Sere had a good idea of how Kasidra ended up here now. "So, I don't know how long ago this happened... but if this happened not too long ago, I'm going to guess that you were on a sea job where someone deliberately withheld some information from you, with a foolhardy captain, and your ship was destroyed as it attempted to maneuver the storm, and now you're stuck here. We came somewhat more prepared, fortunately. Well, if you're looking for a new job, I have room in my crew; and between the actual voyage and having that big black collared dragon aboard, there is plenty of hazard pay. Give me a good idea of your skillset, and I'll see about drafting up an appropriate contract for you." Sere went back to his desk, pulling out a blank piece of paper to draft with as he prepared his pen. "The biggest question is, are you willing to follow my orders without question? We've recently lost some good men because of one idiot who disobeyed orders on an impulse, and is now dead."

Ilasi was greatly startled by the giant man's shout, visibly jumping before settling down. "Oh, uh, I don't need anything right now," she said timidly. She really couldn't immediately come up with anything she could think to use. Despite the scare, she was very glad that the children stopped harassing Maverick.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#932 Posted: 04:43:50 02/05/2019
"Why good sir-- we currently have a few variants available. Over here we have our finest Steelhead.," the gentleman began to say as he pointed out a pinkish-colored caviar. Latnok would recognize the name as another name for rainbow trout or as they knew it... rainbow fish. "Or you might be interested in our Salmon, White sturgeon, or Lumpfish.," he then said as pointed three other kinds of Caviar in different colors. The rainbow fish or 'steelhead' would be the most familiar to the companions, while also being made out off what Latnok would know as Raclaw's favorite food. The other options would be slightly more exotic in nature with the (unattractive name aside) lumpfish being perhaps the most 'out there' of the caviar being offered. The price would vary depending on the caviar chosen and the currency being offered. Raclaw could pick up the hint of something familiar, although all the smells merged into something that just smelled delicious overall. Chester could no doubt pick up on the same.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:25:32 02/05/2019 by redwes
#933 Posted: 05:39:21 02/05/2019
"It was long enough, if you ask me," Kasidra replied with a slight huff. "You got the gist of it, though. That captain was hardly prepared for the voyage, and made some stupid, rash decisions. I think you can picture how everything pretty much went. I haven't seen any of the crew since the storm. I'm guessing they didn't make it." She shook her head gently. "Shame, though. All those innocents? They didn't need to die like that." She paused briefly. "Sounds good, I'm used to hazardous jobs."

When asked about her skillset, Kasidra took a moment to think about how best to word it. She hadn't been talking with him long, but this captain didn't seem all that evil. He might not fully appreciate the more detailed description of her skills. However, she wasn't the type to sugarcoat things, and she needed to convince him she would be useful. "I'll just cut right to the chase, I use blood magic, and I'm often hired for assassinations. I also do stealth and thievery on occasion, but only when hired for it. I don't steal for myself." She wanted to make that clear, in case he got the wrong idea. "I can handle my own in combat, though, so I don't have to kill, if that's not the policy here. I can also heal with my magic, if necessary. Outside of my specialties, I'll do any job you pay me for. Just give me a job, and I'll give it a shot. I can always pick up new skills."

Kasidra sighed. "That's a real shame. I hate when things like that happen. That last crew I was on was a mess, but they didn't deserve what happened to them. I'm more practical myself. I know when to keep my head down and follow orders. You pay me and get me off this island, and I'll do whatever you say."
---
#934 Posted: 06:22:19 02/05/2019
Sere listened as Kasidra outlined her skills, taking notes. "Blood magic... combat... healing... all useful skills to have on board. We've been through much combat already, and I don't see it stopping any time in the foreseeable future; and I'm sure Laszur here would appreciate having another assassin to work with. Mind you, Laszur isn't technically under my hire; he works with us all the same, however. Latnok is one of my seconds-in-command, the other being Risar the minotaur, and the former will likely be back here before the end of the day; he wears armor similar to mine, except green. He possesses the same blackened skin and burn marks that I do as a result of the ritual we go through for our power. If you're looking to keep your combat skills sharp, I'm sure he would be happy to train with you. As for healing; a few of us have some first-aid skills, but Ilasi the mermaid is generally the most competent healer among us, having knowledge on the creation of the more powerful medicines; beyond its use in creating medicine, I don't know how far her healing magic goes, but if you're ever looking into how to get more involved with that, I'm sure you can speak with her."
As Sere spoke, he finished writing up the contract draft, and handed it to Kasidra; the most important details were the skills that were added into consideration to set the pay rate, the fact that the contract would last until the end of the voyage, and being subject to disciplinary actions should the captain or his immediate subordinates find it necessary. "Here it is. Ask me if you have any questions," Sere said. "We actually have business on the archipelago here, so we will likely be here for some time; we will be headed back to Redwater in Aelinon when this is all done, however, and from there you can find a ship to go wherever you need to from there."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#935 Posted: 07:48:41 02/05/2019
Kasidra's interest was gathered when she heard there was another assassin on board. Ah, good, so they were comfortable with assassins on this ship. It was sometimes hard to tell if that was accepted or not, especially if the captain's rules and morals were currently unclear. They may not have been evil, but they were at least alright with killing on some level. That would make her job easier then. Although, it was odd that this Laszur fellow wasn't under the captain's hire. That made Kasidra curious. What was he doing here then, if he wasn't hired?

They sounded like an interesting crew overall, though. Different races, a ritual performed for power, and some sort of business in the archipelago. She figured, if they were here, it wouldn't exactly be a quick trip back home. It seemed like the voyage would be a long one, but at least she wasn't stuck on the same island now. Kasidra had a way back to Aelinon now, whenever this journey was over anyway. In the meantime, meeting with certain individuals could prove interesting. Training with Latnok, getting more involved in healing with Ilasi, and even an assassin to talk to. Kasidra would have to look into these things.

She took the contract that was handed to her and looked it over. Kasidra nodded in understanding. Everything made sense, it was all stuff she had seen before, so she was fairly familiar with how the process worked. "What business do you have here exactly? If you don't mind me asking, that is. I just like to have a general idea of the group's goal or mission, whenever I get involved with them. It helps me to better understand how I can be of service to them."
---
#936 Posted: 15:01:51 02/05/2019
Angora continued walking, not seeing the end of this journey, when she came upon a waterhole. It was so beautiful. The wind sounded more natural, and you could clearly see the afternoon sky. Since she had been walking for a while, she decided to help herself with a drink, when a while rabbit from the distance decided to do the same thing. It all was so peaceful... when something grasped the poor hare by the neck. It was... a tongue? Then Angora could see to her horror that this waterhole wasn't as alone as it initially seemed. The creature revealed itself. It was an iguanameleon, not as big as the one killed on the ship, but intimidating nonetheless. And when it was about to devour the rabbit, another creature loosened up it's camouflage, then another, them another, until there were dozens of those beasts around, all fighting and pulling the rabbit with their tongues to see who would get it. Angora couldn't stand the horrifying image. She disappeared into the foliage before any of the monsters could notice her.

She ran for a while, feeling so sorry for the rabbit, but it was just the way nature worked.
"Such a beautiful place, full of such horrible creatures." Angora stated, more to herself than the orb, wondering how such a huge animal could exist on an island like this. She came to the conclusion that rabbits had to be the reason, since they reproduced fast and evidently would overpopulated the island if they didn't have predators like that. But enough pondering. It was time to keep walking and stop thinking. Angora was now on high alert, realizing just how dangerously successful those monster's camouflage was. All of the sudden, she wasn't feeling as sorry for the long tongued beast on the ship as she initially was...

Ilasi was greatly startled by the giant man's shout, visibly jumping before settling down. "Oh, uh, I don't need anything right now," she said timidly. She really couldn't immediately come up with anything she could think to use. Despite the scare, she was very glad that the children stopped harassing Maverick.

The man didn't realize what caused Ilasi's uneasiness, the rest of the people being so used to his occasional shouting that he found it normal.
"Sure about that lass? It's a one time offer." he warned, already having on his hands a few metals he meant to purchase. Maverick was alright with Ilasi's decision, but he decided to take on the large man's offer, eyeing a few of his exhibited armors as his client continued examining the metals he had.
---
#937 Posted: 20:38:38 02/05/2019
Latnok perused all of the options available - he was leaning towards some of the familiar rainbow fish himself, though he didn't know if his companions would prefer the familiarity or something more exotic. "Hmm... what do you guys think?" he asked them. He was ready with his currency - he had scales and, though he had gold as well, he doubted it had as much value on this island, with what they've learned of it so far.

"That is an important question for me to answer," Sere said, as he sat up more. "We are here on a mission to find the whereabouts of three individuals - another member of my Ardent Guardians, and two adult fur dragons. All leads we have suggests that they may have ended up at this archipelago - though, from there, we have to find more information. During our voyage, we've come across a variety of threats - we've intervened to protect others where we have been able to, though we still have our job to do. We will be exploring the place for further clues - it is likely that other inhabitants will have some leads." Sere sat patiently, awaiting any further questions from Kasidra as he tried not to show his exhaustion.

Suddenly, a root would sprout by one of the trees in front of Angora - breaking the ground as it did so, growing in size. The root would eventually come to a stop, as it slowly started to open - revealing a humanoid form, its species not being immediately identifiable with what seemed to be ceremonial robes covering its form. The form stepped out.
"Welcome, child," it greeted Angora. "We have been waiting for you."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#938 Posted: 20:56:12 02/05/2019
"As Raclaw looked alongside Latnok-- he was leaning towards the rainbow fish as well, although he would ultimately leave it up to the previously disappointed Chester. Lowering his tail and allowing the little beagle to climb up for a better view; Chester would get a look and a good smell of the offerings at hand. Rainbow fish was always good, but he was tasting for something different for once. He may not had able to get the spicy food he had previous wanted, but that didn't mean he couldn't get something different here. "Let's try the Salmon.," the Beagle then suggested looking at Latnok from on top of Raclaw's head. It wasn't the most exotic choice, but it also usually wasn't in a Caviar ether. It was just different enough to satisfy the little dog's immediate tastebuds. The well dressed gentleman leading the vender would accept a fair price in scales or a slightly higher price in gold to compensate for its apparent decreased value on the castaway island.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:59:51 02/05/2019 by redwes
#939 Posted: 21:20:35 02/05/2019
After at least fifteen had passed before the large man finally made his decision. He chose his metals, mostly titanium. He then gave three bars of gold to Maverick, one heavier than the one his wife had given him. Maverick didn't know if he knew about his wife's purchased, but the fishhooks were suppose to be a gift, so he didn't say anything.
"Gracias very much señor." Maverick said with gratitude, putting the heavy bars in his magical bag. The man was very surprised by the satchel, but he imagined there must be some sort of trick to it. Since Ilasi didn't want an armor, Maverick chose one, one made mostly of a giant rhinoceros beetle and what Maverick concluded must've been iguanameleon skin. While Maverick didn't wear any armor either, he could find use to the material. Or maybe just keep it as a souvenir.
"In your space bag little man. Sure your women doesn't want one? She could dismantle it and use it for another thing." the large man suggested, almost as if he read Maverick's mind.
"It's alright sir. You've paid enough. It's time to go. We don't want to leave after dark." Maverick said, answering for Ilasi and knowing she wanted to leave.
"Well, we have rooms in town just in case." the man welcomed, even offering for a tour if the couple decided to stay.

Suddenly, a root would sprout by one of the trees in front of Angora - breaking the ground as it did so, growing in size. The root would eventually come to a stop, as it slowly started to open - revealing a humanoid form, its species not being immediately identifiable with what seemed to be ceremonial robes covering its form. The form stepped out.
"Welcome, child," it greeted Angora. "We have been waiting for you."

Angora stepped back, startled with the sudden sound. For a moment she believed it was one of those iguana beasts about to attack, when she saw to her amazement and shock how the root grew and broke to reveal... something, or rather, someone.
"Hey..." Angora greeted meekly, glad to meet him but at the same time feeling some fear.
"It's... it's you, isn't it? I mean, the one from the orb?" she then asked, almost stammering. She didn't recognize his voice, believing that the red sphere altered the sound somehow. She could barely believe this day had come.
---
#940 Posted: 22:35:41 02/05/2019
"I'll take the salmon caviar," Latnok said, putting down some scales for caviar for the three of them. He wasn't sure if it wouldn't have been okay to offer Chester spicy food - the beagle seemed rather disappointed to not get to try the food, and for all Latnok knew, the food may not have been a problem. LAatnok hoped that Chester would be reasonably happy with the new food offering.

"Rooms, you say?" Ilasi asked, curious. With how things were going here, Ilasi figured that maybe she could get some value out of selling some medicine here (though she was typically used to hoarding her supplies in case of an emergency) - but that could be done another day. They would only have so much time here, and a nice room to stay in to enjoy the change in scenery would be rather welcome.

The figure looked down to Angora. "That would be myself," he said - a male voice. "Who I am individually is not relevant, however. In the end, we seek the good of the many. We have sensed the potential for mutual cooperation between us - we can each help each other accomplish our ultimate goals. We need not keep you here today; we would prefer not to have your family worry about you. Please, follow me." The figure reentered the root, offering Angora an entrance.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#941 Posted: 23:05:36 02/05/2019
"Excellent choice-- you won't be disappointed.," the well-dressed gentleman said as he prepared three bowls of the delicate orange-red colored delicacy and placed them within reach of the trio. Raclaw offered a nod as he grabbed one of the bowls and Chester jumped down prepared to follow his companions as they found somewhere to eat. The little dog didn't seem too disappointed so far, at least based off the smell and appearance of the dish.
---
#942 Posted: 23:08:13 02/05/2019
Angora fidgeted, nervous about going along with whatever this individual planned with her, yet she managed to stay determined in the objective. It still eluded her why this being was so interested in her, and chose to interact with her above everyone else, but it made her feel special. It made her feel wanted. She entered the root, trying to disguise her nervousness...

"Rooms, you say?" Ilasi asked, curious. With how things were going here, Ilasi figured that maybe she could get some value out of selling some medicine here (though she was typically used to hoarding her supplies in case of an emergency) - but that could be done another day. They would only have so much time here, and a nice room to stay in to enjoy the change in scenery would be rather welcome.

"There, you see? The lass agrees." the man said, feeling it would be interesting to have two new faces to their noble establishment. The island could be boring with the same routine over and over again, and although very few would change it, the blacksmith was among those who would welcome change, even if it was for a little while.
"It's alright. We have to leave now señor before it gets dark. They'd be expecting us on the ship. Gracias for everything." Maverick said, seeing how it was now afternoon, and probably little time of the sun remained. The man was rather sad to see them go as well as his children, but he wasn't going to force them to stay if they didn't want to. He bid them farewell, urging them to go already since the island could be rather dangerous at night.
---
#943 Posted: 00:03:53 03/05/2019
Ilasi as disappointed, but realized that Maverick had a point. "Thank you for your time today," Ilasi said to the man softly as he prepared to leave with Maverick. She didn't know whether there would be tomorrow to view more of the island, but hoped there would be, at the very least. For now, they had to head back.

With Angora having entered the root, it closed up, as the inside lit up with bioluminescence. It went back into the ground, pulling the two with it, and began to move them through peristaltic motions.
"Now... I'm sure you have many more questions for us," the figure said. "You have had much faith so far, and you have earned some answers."

Latnok took the two remaining bowls, finding a bench and table available for the three of them to eat at. He sat down at the table, laying his own food on the table while laying Chester's bowl on the ground to allow him to eat it. "We should be headed home after finishing this up," he said. "Wouldn't want to miss some stupid drunken antics tonight now, would we?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#944 Posted: 00:35:36 03/05/2019
Maverick walked away, really tempted to take on the offer but deciding it was better to report back to the ship. Sere was stressed enough as it was, and if they didn't return to the vessel, he may start to think the worse, especially with those beasts roaming around. Before walking away however, he once again turned to the blacksmith to ask one final question.
"Forgot to mention something important señor, there are these giant, iguana things around the island. We... casually saw one on our way. How can you evade them?" Maverick asked, keeping a secret the near tragedy that almost happened to him and someone on the ship.
"You mean the tongueans? Yeah, they make good armors... if you can find them. They have some messed up camouflage, but they're usually harmless. Show some weakness though, and they may try to choke you with those sticky tongues and eat you whole. They tend to be curious, but a little violence to their softer parts, especially those ugly tongues, and they'll leave you alone." the blacksmith explained kindly, rather surprised that the couple managed to encounter one on the way. They usually didn't show up to anybody.

Maverick felt insulted with the explanation, feeling like showing weakness is what made that iguanameleon... or tonguean, attack him.
"Ok. Gracias for the warning señor." Maverick said, ready to leave when the blacksmith stopped them again.
"If you need to worry about the wildlife however, I'll be worried more about the cavers. They aren't as common as those tongueans, but they are nastier and much more difficult to escape. I don't have a pamphlet or anything, but allow me to give you a sketch..." the blacksmith said, drawing what looked like the combination of a frog, a bear and a bulldog made of stone.
"You see, they disguise themselves as caves, caverns and sometimes even holes, but those are their mouths. Enter them, and you'll likely won't escape. Even their insides are hard. We haven't seen or lost anyone to them in a long time, but still, it never hurts to be cautious." the large man said, giving the sketch to the hybrid and wishing him and his girlfriend the best of luck. Maverick didn't know whether to be fascinated or terrified of the bizzare wildlife here, but he did find the names of the creature's funny. Tongueans was far easier to say than iguanameleon as he had called them, and caver made so much sense with what the animal did.

With Angora having entered the root, it closed up, as the inside lit up with bioluminescence. It went back into the ground, pulling the two with it, and began to move them through peristaltic motions.
"Now... I'm sure you have many more questions for us," the figure said. "You have had much faith so far, and you have earned some answers."

Angora had been waiting for long for this, but now that the stranger brought it up, suddenly more than one question emerged. But she decided to ask only two.
"Well... first of all, what is this transformation you kept talking about?" she asked, immediately asking the second question before her host had the chance to answer the first.

"And will Sere find out about this? I mean, it's none of his business, but he may find it as a betrayal. He hates me enough already." she commented, curious about the first question but terrified of this one. She was already so afraid of Sere, and discovering she's interacting with some mysterious society behind his back may trigger him far worse than her disobeying several days earlier.
---
#945 Posted: 01:08:18 03/05/2019
The figure gave Angora the same simple look, not seeming surprised in the slightest.
"To answer your first question, child: the transformation is quite literal. We have seen much potential in you, and we are aware of the distress your current form causes. You have already shown yourself to be a fit specimen through the many trials you have faced in spite of it - so what we offer you is a chance to grow. You possess this form right now, but we can imbue you with the ability to grow further. An instant transformation would be rather jarring for you and those around you; but we will have you grow slowly, as your faith grows. Should your faith falter, you will regress in equal measure; but you will be able to redeem yourself, and grow once more.
"Sere need not know about this for now; he is also a potential ally, but will require... a different approach to persuade him. We happen to have someone here who will be very effective in doing so. When that happens... you will no longer have to worry about him. You two will truly be on the same side." The figure stood still, waiting for follow-up questions.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#946 Posted: 01:49:44 03/05/2019
Quote:
Latnok took the two remaining bowls, finding a bench and table available for the three of them to eat at. He sat down at the table, laying his own food on the table while laying Chester's bowl on the ground to allow him to eat it. "We should be headed home after finishing this up," he said. "Wouldn't want to miss some stupid drunken antics tonight now, would we?"

Raclaw set his food down on the ground and began to eat alongside Chester. "Agreed-- definitely not.," Raclaw said with a chuckle between bites. He recalled the crazy antics that happened the last time the crew had any amount of shore leave. He looked over to Chester who seemed to be enjoying his food well enough. "Hey Chester-- How's the food?," he gently asked knowing how disappointed his beagle friend had been disappointed earlier. "It's-- it's good. Different and good.," Chester responded in a satisfied tone looking up at Raclaw. The salmon caviar gave off a mild but refreshing taste. And each bite promised a lingering flavorful aftertaste that sat well on the tongue. Nether Raclaw nor Chester seemed to have any complaints about the caviar.
---
#947 Posted: 02:00:25 03/05/2019
Angora was relieved that Sere will have no knowledge of this visit, at least for now like the stranger claimed. She still feared what his reaction would be when he found out though, but she wanted to trust this cloaked being wouldn't intercept him until it was the right time.
"Alright. Thank you sir... but... my form? You mean... growing up the size of a real troll?" Angora said, pondering very hard about it.
"I... I once wanted that sir, but... I've learned to live with this size. I'm faster, agile, and I'm not usually seen as a threat like many others of my kind. I'm underestimated this way, so it makes me have advantage over those who mean harm, at least in the physical way." Angora stated, not certain if this whole transformation was really worth it.
"I only want things to be better for my family, nobody bothering us or wishing us harm. I... I use to be a bitter loner, working only for myself. But I've learned to enjoy the company of the kind hearted. I just want this ordeal to be over. I really thought the blood moon would make things better, but it just made things worse. Aelinon want to use Shady as a weapon, and the moon did nothing to contain his powers. He still has those darn surges!But I think it's just his temper. If only he wasn't such an impulsive jerk!" Angora vented, surprising even herself at how open she was with this stranger. While she blamed Aelinon and the Guardians for much of her misery, she knew Shade was much to blame as well. She wanted things to get better and if possible, be like how they use to be in the months she travelled with Maverick and the dragolet, but she couldn't see how a transformation of that nature could help her.
---
#948 Posted: 02:21:58 03/05/2019
Pleased that Chester enjoyed the alternative food, Latnok was able to eat his meal in peace - but then he remembered something after finishing his meal. "Wait - we still have to get those swimming lessons," he said. "Let's see if we can find where the hunter went." He stood up to leave, moving his head around as he walked in search of the hunter.

"Well, uh... thanks for the warning..." Ilasi said nervously. But that shouldn't be too bad, right? As long as they stayed away from any funny caves, they should be fine. "Okay, Maverick, I'm ready to leave..." She also remembered the mention of the tongueans - the one that attacked Maverick certainly didn't seem to be deterred by a bit of aggression, like the islander had claimed. Perhaps it was an exception?

Whoever the figure was, he didn't seem too disappointed. "If that is what you really believe, then that will not be a problem - though you may find it harder to achieve the necessary goals, we will work with you. As for your dragon friend... his chains will be broken as our plans come into fruition, though you will learn more of that as we have more confidence in you and your faith grows."
The root suddenly stopped moving, as a rumbling sound could be heard, and it opened into an underground chamber - empty for the time being, with the exception of two galuds. Though armed, they didn't seem to salute, or anything to that effect, as the others came through. "Blessed are we this day!" one called out.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#949 Posted: 02:47:19 03/05/2019
Fortunately for Latnok and friends-- the hunter wouldn't hard to spot packing up his stuff after having seemingly sold off his kill. The familiar bloodhound could seen as well, the older dog's leash remaining tightly wrapped around the same arm as before. And although the bloodhound's leash kept him from intercepting the trio, a sharp bark would soon alert the hunter to their presence. "Ah-- welcome back. I was wondering when you would return.," the older man said eyeing Raclaw once again. "Follow me.," he then said as he motioned for the trio to follow. He began to head off towards the nearby woods, perhaps towards a cabin or a river. "So... what's it like living with your winged friend there?," the bloodhound previously identified as Rofus asked Chester as they began to walk. "It's really fun-- and I get to experience new things and new places!," Chester responded looking up at Raclaw with a smile. He recalled the test flight on Raclaw's back and hoped that he would get to do that again one day.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:48:56 03/05/2019 by redwes
#950 Posted: 03:02:59 03/05/2019
Angora saluted shyly to the galud with a small nod, and found it remarkable how patient the cloaked being was with her.
"Sorry sir. Sorry to bore you with all this. I've been so... ridiculously emotional lately. I didn't want to bother you. Maverick may turn out fine. He has a girlfriend and everything. I just wish Shade could find such happiness as well. I... my apologies for saying so much. I really appreciate your help. It's so hard to find someone who doesn't hate you... someone like me." Angora said sincerely, even managing a smile. She didn't think the stranger would be able to bring all the happiness she once had, but the fact that he was trying and was more than willing to help her was enough for her to feel glad.

"Well, uh... thanks for the warning..." Ilasi said nervously. But that shouldn't be too bad, right? As long as they stayed away from any funny caves, they should be fine. "Okay, Maverick, I'm ready to leave..." She also remembered the mention of the tongueans - the one that attacked Maverick certainly didn't seem to be deterred by a bit of aggression, like the islander had claimed. Perhaps it was an exception?

Maverick offered a handshake in thanks, regretting it immediately when he felt his fingers crushed.
"Take care you two. A few precautions is all. The island can be dangerous, but not deadly if you know what you're doing." the large man said, with him and his children waving goodbye to the cute couple.

Maverick was going to miss the hospitality, and if the ship stayed for a few days more, he was definetly going to visit the place again.
"You know, we can stay for a day if the ship stays for a while. It's so peaceful here, and we were paid so much for the stuff we sell even if they were few. We recovered what we spent lately and more." Maverick expressed gleefully to Ilasi, already illusioned with the idea of spending the night on this town and experience it's lifestyle and culture.
---
First | Previous | Page 19 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me