Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 23 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Dark Times (open) [CLOSED]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8770
#1101 Posted: 22:54:03 02/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“I’ve sent them away already young Raclaw.” He then looked at the mage and growled. “I am going to ask this once more give me and audience with the king.”

One of the guards came next to the mage. “Sir if I may speak. If the legends about him are true it’s best not to get him mad. I’ve heard he can destroy this world if he deems it necessary.” He said respectfully. “I know you can pull some strings under sertain circumstances. I think this may be one of them.”
---
SC
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#1102 Posted: 22:57:58 02/09/2018
Dex had planed to make a journey to the city where league had its headquarters. Blackmarket there was a big one and it would be pretty safe to sell stuff from his last mission, because nobody would have any idea where they came for.
But all that was gone out of his head now.... The letter...... Sapphire had even told that Blue did not know about it. Was it a trick? Was that her try to get one back from the last time " If this is a trick it would be so stupid for me to fall for it.....Why can I not just forget about it" Dex thought looking qt the nekclace again....Everybody who knew him would see that he was not himself.... usually he was looking around and making vety sure to be ready anytime..... now he was walking slowly, thinking, looking at the nekclace. If somebody happend to attack now his reaction time would be something like a Turtle, compared to his usual.

Back at the brotherhood nothing had really happen in some time and that was nothing Blue did like. Peace was like poison to him. "Why that stupid mage says that we should just make new members, this is so stupid." Blue thought.

Sapphire knocked at his door. "Enter" Blue said. Sapphire walked in "Its been so quiet here reacently, do we have some kind of plan coming up." She said. Blue looking at Sapphire "Well not yet, but I am going to do something soon." Blue answered. Sapphire quickly asked again "Should we try something with Dex as long as we can." Blue first was looking angry, but quickly turned his face to a smile "Well I guess we should. The only problem is that we dont know where he is. I think I have to send some scouts out, they could also bring something back and make sure that people remember the brotherhood" Blue said and Sapphire quickly answered "That sounds like a perfect plan. You always know what to do leader." Sapphire said and left the room.
"The plan was to make Dex fall for this one, and what I got out of it..... now I have a fox here who can not think anything else then him.... and it is starting to look like the one who should be like this is not.... Damn you Dex was the stuff you left just another way to play with me.... I dont get it Why that mage wants him so specially....it would be great to have somebody like that in the brotherhood... but nobody is worth all this trouble. And after last time I would just like to kill him" Blue thought

Sapphire was not sure what had happen to her letter..... did the league really give it to Dex or did they just throw it away after hearing it was from the brotherhood
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1103 Posted: 23:05:38 02/09/2018
OOC: Hey SC. I think you missed the post before yours.

Maverick approached Shade meekly, not afraid but still very worried.
"Hey Oscurito. How are you?" he asked kindly to the dragolet, trying to disguise his current depression.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1104 Posted: 23:07:22 02/09/2018
The mage thought for a minute. "Why would I believe in some... very well," he said. "Maybe I can pull some strings... but you didn't hear it from me. The king is going to be here tomorrow morning - he wants to check the readiness of our behemoths stationed here personally. If you could find a way to get him to listen to you, then sure, go for it. It will fall on you, though - not me."
"That sounds like a plan," Latnok said. With the whole matter settled, it was time to resume the trip to Redwater once more. "Well, with Angora and her buddies teleported somewhere they couldn't possibly get into any trouble, are we all ready to head to Redwater?"
"They were teleported, then?" Sere asked - it didn't worry him, however, knowing that Orion was capable of such things. "I say we spend a bit of time in Orcford to gather a few supplies, then we can move out some time in the afternoon."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1105 Posted: 23:12:04 02/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Very well. I will arrive personally when he does.” Orion said. His image then faded away.

“Look sir. I’ve researched legends from thousands of years and som millions of years old cave paintings and that dragon looked just like them. “ the guard said.

Shade smiled and licked them both. “Hehe I love you guys!l
---
SC
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8830
#1106 Posted: 23:14:08 02/09/2018
"As long as they're safe and well-- I'm happy.," Raclaw said looking at Orion before he disappeared. It was obvious that the fur dragon would miss the trio, but was at least content and knew they had to go their separate ways again anyway. "Agreed-- and I'll be ready when you are.," he then said as the group discussed their plans. Shade was presumably safe elsewhere, while he was one step closer to his own goal of finding his past. And now that he had flight clearance, he would at least be able to fly to his heart's content so long as he remained with the Guardians just as he had thus far.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 23:26:31 02/09/2018 by redwes
#1107 Posted: 23:23:11 02/09/2018
Quote: Spyroconvexity
Shade smiled and licked them both. “Hehe I love you guys!l

The affection was enough to make Maverick feel just slightly better.
"Us too Oscurito. Por favor, don't scare us like that again." he begged, also surprised that Shade would resort to licking. He was glad that the three of them were together again, but he still had too much in his mind.
"Come on my Maverick! Leave that depression away. Don't tell me you're still in that underwater cell? I know a week was a lot, but the nightmare is finally over." Angora assured her young friend, wanting all the doubts and paranoia to go away. She then turned to Shade.
"And you big guy. If you let us go, we can hunt something huge for you. You can have a full belly and relax away away, enjoying this beautiful view." Angora said to the dragolet, him having accidentally trapped them with his paws in order to continue licking them. He seemed fine now, which made Angora believe even more that the mage did something to make him unstable. It was only after Orion transported them away from the prison that Shade seemed to be back to normal.
---
#1108 Posted: 23:27:14 02/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Hehe ok.” He then let them go.
---
SC
#1109 Posted: 23:36:12 02/09/2018
The two smaller companion backed away, with Maverick staying nearer.
"Alright then, finally some peace. Breathe the freedom. This is what we should've been doing from the very beginning. And you Maverick, wipe out that depressing face. Come on. Play with your mandolin or something. I very much doubt this place has some of those stupid galuds to interrupt you. You can play without any worries here. And you my dear Shady, just stay and relax. Practice some yoga. Or p,any with your toys. I'll bring the both of you a feast." Angora promised to them, as she went away to hunt. Maverick had some fish in his bag, but she wanted him to try some thing new, and bring him fruits as well. She was happy to be free again. She only wished Maverick could feel the same. He sat besides the dragolet, staring blankly at the lake at the distance. He felt the complete opposite of Angora...
---
#1110 Posted: 23:37:41 02/09/2018
"For our sakes, I'm hoping you're right," the mage told the guard. "I'm putting quite a bit of trust in you - if anything happens to the king, you're next. Keep that in mind."
With their business settled, Latnok and Sere mounted Veris, and the group took off, flying back into Orcford. Once on the ground, they dismounted.
"I'm going to see what I get as far as Veris is concerned," Sere said. "There are some potion ingredients that I will be looking for as well, if I can manage to find them."
"Sounds good," Latnok said. "I might find a ball for Raclaw to play around with or something... I'm kidding. Probably just some things which may come in handy on the sea or so." Latnok didn't know what Raclaw planned to do during their brief time in Orcford, but figured that he would probably just stick with one of them.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1111 Posted: 23:49:51 02/09/2018
The mage had invited Blue to his tower. Blue was holding a small mirror.
"These things are very usefull I have to say (it was a small entchanted mirror which made it possible for his scouts to contact him with their own mirrors)." Blue said

"Be carefull with those. It is not easy to make them" The mage said again using a Form of an eagle.

Blue still could not understand Why the mage did not show himself to others, but ofcourse that made him still the leader of the brotherhood.

"Remember I want the Fox here as soon as possible. And any other usefull recruit will be more then Welcome" the mage said.

"Yes master. We I have send every scout who we had mirrors for out. There should be some news soon" Blue answered

At Angoras, Mavericks and Shades location.

Very small flying black lizard was flying around and spotted something.... he went down to have a better look. He then so Angora, Maverick and Shade...... it flew around them for a little bit before landing Mavericks shoulder. This thing looked like it had know Idea what it was doing looking at Maverick with it is eyes looking like a cute little baby. It had a very small mirror around its neck which would make it clear it was owned by somebody. But right now it looked like it wanted somebody to pet him.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1112 Posted: 23:50:15 02/09/2018
Raclaw merely gave a smile at Latnok's comment-- remembering the angleball game and how he had beaten Latnok more times than they could count. As the two Guardians went their separate way, Raclaw predictably opted to follow one of them-- and who better than Latnok who he had only grown more and more fond of over time? It wasn't like he had anything to else do anyway and he knew that neither of them would mind the company. Who knew-- perhaps he might even find something of interest though it would of course have to be on the Guardians' dime.
---
#1113 Posted: 00:05:28 03/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Oh looks like you made a friend Maverick.” Shade said laughing. “Cute little thing aren’t you?” Shade said looking at it.

“I will bear death if so.” The guard said.
---
SC
#1114 Posted: 00:09:55 03/09/2018
Far away from there, Angora was hunting. This was a lush terrain, and e dry thing that grew here was fresh and natural. Now this is the kind of place she would live in. It would be a tragedy if people like Aelinonians conquered it, but for now, it seemed like they had this territory. It wasn't long before the little troll encountered animals that resembled small bisons. Just slightly smaller than Maverick when in four legs. She wanted to fight one personally, but this was the perfect time to try her magic. She materialized a lasso, and then targeted one a small distance away from the herd. With the lasso, she managed to strangle it quickly and painlessly, just as any death should be. She felt quite sorry for not facing the animal and give it a fighting chance, but she wanted to feed Shade. She figured he only had miserable scraps last night, so she wanted a feast for him.

Now with the meat secured, she picked fruits and berries for Maverick, him being noticeably skinny. Those mermen must've fed him too little as well, and since he was locked for a week, it was more severe with him. Now with the meat and fruits, she went to the distant lake, but unfortunately, it was more like a water hole. The fish were tiny, no bigger than her finger. And it was full of frogs and tadpoles. Maverick would have to be happy with the fish he caught in Ilasi's lake...

“Oh looks like you made a friend Maverick.” Shade said laughing. “Cute little thing aren’t you?” Shade said looking at it.

Maverick still felt depressed, but turned his attention to the mysterious creature.
"That thing around it's neck is clearly man made. Do you think it's a tag?" he asked to the dragolet, suspecting that maybe this place wasn't as uninhabited as it seemed, unless these flying creatures flew a very long distance...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:01:17 03/09/2018 by Felines
#1115 Posted: 00:26:22 03/09/2018
As Sere went off to the herbalist, Latnok decided to head to the local market. Despite being a relatively small city, the market was teeming with merchants of various kinds, selling goods from many different places. "Let me know if you see anything you like," Latnok said. "It'll be on me."
Latnok looked through many different stalls; his intimidating appearance, which would make him unapproachable to many, was contrasted by Raclaw's soft and friendly appearance.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1116 Posted: 01:26:09 03/09/2018
With the food in tow, Angora dragged the bison with one hand and held the fruit in the other one.
"Hey my boys. Lookie here. Great, isn't it? I took down this bull with magic. Not very sporty I know, but it gets the job done This will lasts us all day." Angora said happily, showing up her gathering.
"Sorry Maverick. That lake doesn't have any fish. You'll have to..." but then she noticed the weird little creature on Maverick's shoulder.
"What the heck is that?" she asked rather sternly, this not being the kind of creature she would expect in this kind of habitat.
"I'm not sure Angorita. This one just randomly landed on my shoulder. Look at this. I think it belongs to somebody." Maverick explained, but Angora felt tense.
"Well release it! Shoo it away! I don't want to return anybody's pet. I don't want anything to do with towns, cities, or anything that would distrupt our peace! So let it go! Tell it to find it's owner someplace else!" Angora said roughly, not wanting anything that would distract them. This was suppose to be a moment for the three of them, and if this little creature was somebody's pet, she didn't want that person come looking for it there, in the little corner Orion chose for them.
---
#1117 Posted: 01:28:03 03/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Humm...” Shade looked at it closer. “It would seem. Maybe it owner can’t be too far.” He looked at the tiny creature. “Go on home little one. I’m sure your owner is worried about you.” He looked at Angoras hunt. “Oh! Quite the hall you have there.”
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:30:09 03/09/2018 by Spyroconvexity
#1118 Posted: 01:49:46 03/09/2018
After Angoras reaction the little lizard looked like it was scared and flew away. But it did not go far, Just out of sight.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1119 Posted: 01:58:09 03/09/2018
Quote: A Guy
As Sere went off to the herbalist, Latnok decided to head to the local market. Despite being a relatively small city, the market was teeming with merchants of various kinds, selling goods from many different places. "Let me know if you see anything you like," Latnok said. "It'll be on me."
Latnok looked through many different stalls; his intimidating appearance, which would make him unapproachable to many, was contrasted by Raclaw's soft and friendly appearance.

As Latnok went from stall to stall, Raclaw gave a nod and happily followed. His focus shifted from one item to the next and he reminded himself with his new fancy hyperspace bag-- the sky was the limit in what he could carry. He could choose anything he wanted and regardless of practical it was for a quadrupedal such as himself to carry, it didn't matter. His green eyes lit up as he visually inspected each vendor's offerings, of which there were numerous things to choose from-- many of then shiny. One vender offered various amulets and rings which, while shiny and attractive to the eye, were intended for more the bipedal visitors of the city. Another vendor specialized in general pet equipment-- such as harnesses, collars, and leashes. As they approached, the person attending the stall tried to entice Latnok into buying something. Much to his relief, Latnok politely declined and they moved on to the next vender.

The next stall appeared to offer various knicknacks and had a gold-colored sign posted saying "Murgo's Magical ODDS N ENDS". On display were a collection of items that didn't seem to fit well together-- a box of chocolates, a pale snow globe, a miniature model of an colosseum, and what almost looked like a skull. However, Raclaw quickly looked past those items and his eyes remained focused on another particular item. "What.. is that?," he asked the merchant attending the stall. The merchant, who dressed in orange and blue, immediately addressed him hoping to wrang in a deal. "Why my young fur dragon-- that is.. well I don't exactly know what that is. I only found it in a Drow ruin, but I see you seemed to have taken a liking to it.," he said eager to make a sale and winking at Latnok-- whom he presumed to be Raclaw's owner.

The item in question first appeared to be that of a sphere made out of golden rings varying in size and orientation. As Raclaw first approached it-- it formed the shape of a small ball and then grew in size and became a larger ball. 'Huh-- interesting.,' Raclaw thought as he watched it. Suddenly his thoughts shifted from that of a ball to a frisbee and the artifact-like device changed into a flat disc shape. "Funny-- I was just thinking of that. Did it... I wonder...," he thought out loud. As if to play with the idea-- Raclaw thought of other items and the item somehow changed accordingly. First it became a bowl, then a boomerang, and then some sort of star. As it changed shape, the merchant had a look of shock and surprise on his face. "You know-- you're the first one to actually get that to be able to do anything. From what I've heard, it responds to Drowish thoughts... perhaps your owner might be interested in getting it for you? I'll even sell it at a discount for being the first to get it respond-- what do you say?," he then said looking intently at Latnok. Raclaw looked at Latnok and gave a nod, indicating that this was the item he wanted. The fur dragon was very intrigued by it to say the least.
---
#1120 Posted: 02:18:54 03/09/2018
Quote: cyndego
After Angoras reaction the little lizard looked like it was scared and flew away. But it did not go far, Just out of sight.

"You didn't need to be so rough." Maverick commented, feeling a little bad for the lizard.
"It'll get over it. Come on. We had our own problems the entire week. This is a day for us, and us alone. There will be other times to help people and creatures in need Maverick. Now go ahead. Eat some fruits. They can go great with the fish you have. They hyperspace bag made sure they were still fresh." Angora expressed, with Maverick surprised that she didn't touched them for an entire week. Still, he was grateful that they had plenty of food now. He was after all, the one who had the roughest week, and he deserved his share of freedom and peace. He took out the fish and waited for Shade to cook them, while Angora placed the bison creature in front of him. She wasn't very hungry, so it didn't mattered if they shared. She just wanted to sit there and contemplate the view, and just enjoy that the three of them were together again, away from that infernal city, and free of the oppression of the world. Nothing was better than moments like these.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:19:40 03/09/2018 by Felines
#1121 Posted: 02:20:34 03/09/2018
Latnok looked on as Raclaw toyed around with the artifact, the scene making him both amused and happy. Knowing how merchants like these worked, however, he had a strong suspicion that this 'discount' would be a hiked-up price, now that the man knew that someone could get the artifact could work and would very much be interested in it.
"Okay, let's hear your price," Latnok said aggressively. "I know you're probably not going to find anyone else who can use that thing any time soon, so don't take me for some kind of fool."

After a few minutes of of haggling, the two finally settled on a price; thee hundred and twenty scales, a currency so named because dragon scales were at one point used in what would later become Aelinon when mining for precious metals was infeasible. More than he would have liked to pay, but it was as low as Latnok was reasonably going to get it, considering the nature of such a device. Once the trade was settled, Latnok motioned for Raclaw to take the artifact.
"Well, glad we found something you liked," Latnok said - his happiness at getting Raclaw such a unique artifact outweighed any dissatisfaction he felt from the price. "I'll see if I can find anything else useful while we're here."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1122 Posted: 02:30:51 03/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade used his flames and cooked the fish and meat. “To be honest I’m glad to meet old allies but glad to get out of that place. Always controlling. I hat that.”
---
SC
#1123 Posted: 03:09:37 03/09/2018
"We know Shady. We know. But now you're fine. We got out of that inferno, and now we're a family again. Now eat. Cause after you're done, we're doing some training. Can't help but to think your time in that prison made your stressful and made your powers grow." Angora declared, still determined to help Shade with his powers and teach him to control his temper. Although she hated making him feel like she was limiting it, she was only going to do it to make sure Shade didn't accidentally caused harm to them, himself or innocent people.

All the while, Maverick ate his share, leaving some to Angora, but he was still feeling down. If Orion appeared in that place, it couldn't have been for their sakes alone. Otherwise he would've rescued him from that galud. He wondered if there was something bigger going on and simply took advantage of his presence to help them. Latnok's refusal still hurt as well, and he dreaded to think what Ilasi would think when she finds out they had left the city without even saying goodbye. He really grew fond of that mermaid. What's more, he never got the chance to say thank you to Sere, nor see the good but glutonnous Veris or the cute, gentle Raclaw again.

After a while of eating and just relaxing, Angora couldn't take Maverick's gloominess anymore.
"Come on Maverick! Cheer up! I know your time in that cell wasn't easy, but what matters now is the present. We should be grateful to Orion for bringing us here and have a moment of peace for once!" Angora pleaded, Maverick's depression starting to rub off on her. She just wanted all three of them to be happy, and Maverick was ruining the moment. For the sake of his friends, Maverick tried to cheer up a little, giving a little smile to disguise his sadness. He just wishes he could forget the entire experience and get on with the lives they had before ever setting foot to the inhumanly lawful Aelinon.
---
#1124 Posted: 08:18:58 03/09/2018
The little lizard made sure nobody could hear it and then it used the mirror "Leader we have a group of three here. They have a dragon and one of them is a small troll... " The lizard said.

"A small troll with a dragon. Well there can not be many of those, I guess it is time for round two. I will come there personally" Blue said with a big smile clearly happy to have something happening.

The mage just said " Thats good. Make sure to bring the dragon with you.... anything else... do what you want"

Blue answering quickly "Yes master" then leaving the room. He then maid his way to Sapphires room.
"Sapphire come here." He shouted and Sapphire quickly opened the door. "Yes leader" She said. "The same group from before has been found and we are going after them. I have a plan and I will explain it to you on the way." Blue then continued.
It did not take long before the two of them where on their way.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:19:17 03/09/2018 by cyndego
#1125 Posted: 13:05:21 03/09/2018
After a few minutes of of haggling, the two finally settled on a price; thee hundred and twenty scales, a currency so named because dragon scales were at one point used in what would later become Aelinon when mining for precious metals was infeasible. More than he would have liked to pay, but it was as low as Latnok was reasonably going to get it, considering the nature of such a device. Once the trade was settled, Latnok motioned for Raclaw to take the artifact.
"Well, glad we found something you liked," Latnok said - his happiness at getting Raclaw such a unique artifact outweighed any dissatisfaction he felt from the price. "I'll see if I can find anything else useful while we're here."

Raclaw was glad that Latnok was able to settle for a price-- and happily took the artifact off the vender stall. Not only did he now have his first real procession, he had an artifact as his first procession-- and one that only he could work. He didn't even know he had gotten it to work. Perhaps it reconnized the few Drow words he knew or perhaps the collar had somehow translated his thoughts into something the artifact would understand. Ether way-- he was quite pleased to be able to claim it as his own.

As Raclaw grabbed the artifact, it turned back into it's 'initual' form-- an small metallic ball formed by the inner rings and macanisms compressing in on themselves. Once they were in a clearing-- Raclaw triggered his stash and quickly dropped the 'ball' into the summoned portal for safe keeping. His eyes lit up and he seemed rather pleased in the knowledge that he now had such a item. "Thank-you for agreeing to get that. I-- I love it.," he said with a grateful nod. Even though the artifact was now out of sight, it certainly wasn't out of mind-- and he couldn't stop thinking about it.
---
#1126 Posted: 14:03:17 03/09/2018
The free trio was finally done eating, and now with a full belly, Angora lied on her back, enjoying the clear blue sky and the grass of her skin, completely oblivious that this sacred moment of peace was about to be shattered. As for Maverick, although he tried his best to forget what happened at Aelinon, he still couldn't stop thinking about everyone there, especially Orion and Ilasi. He then got up and walked away...
"Maverick? Where are you going?" Angora asked as soon as she heard the sound of the grass rustling.
"Just to that waterhole to wash my face Angorita. Don't worry, I won't go far." Maverick assured, the waterhole being visible from there. Shade and Angora could watch over Maverick from a distance, so the little troll sat down to see him, using Shade's enormous paw to rest her back.
---
#1127 Posted: 15:07:21 03/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade rested his head. “I think I’m going to sleep well tonight.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1128 Posted: 15:57:47 03/09/2018
Angora let him rest, happy to know that Shade was fine now and out of those infernal chains. He wasn't going wild or unstable. She was seeing a pattern with his behavior. Whenever he was particularly angry or stressed, his powers grew out of control. Now she knew what to work with. She had a lot of training to do, but right now, she let him rest, watching over both him and Maverick at the distance. Nothing could get better than this.

At the waterhole, Maverick was washing his face, just like he said he would, but being in this body of water reminded him of the sweet Ilasi. Her testimony as been so important, and he knew that it contributed in saving his and his companions' lives. In his fantasy, he imagined her appearing in this body of water just like she had done in that lake, telling him that she had been looking for him, but of course, he knew that she was far away in Aelinon and he was who knows where. He still wished the kind mermaid could forgive him for disappearing like that and never even saying goodbye or letting her know he was leaving.
---
#1129 Posted: 16:42:55 03/09/2018
With the artifact deal settled, Latnok went back to perusing the market. As they did so, Latnok thought about the potential the artifact might have - what could it possibly mean for Raclaw? As he went through the stalls, he ended up buying one other thing; some quick wood mender, which would cause broken wood to rapidly grow back together. It would no doubt come in handy should something on the ship break.
As he was about th leave the market, Latnok found one more stall; it probably wouldn't have caught his interest if t weren't for the person maning it - the mermaid at the trial. Without anything else which needed finishing up, he approached the mermaid.
The stall was full of various tchotchkes from things found in the water, with such things as an amulet made with a dried-up starfish, and many different kinds of shells.
"Oh, hello there... Latnok, I believe the name is?" Ilasi greeted. "I've been meaning to ask, but what is this adorable creature with you?"
"That's Raclaw. He's a dragon, and he's his own creature - not under my control or anything."
"...dragon?" Ilasi was rather confused, between the collar and the fur. "But he... oh, I bet you Guardians know your creatures better than I do."
"Anyway, do you have anything that could help us out at sea?" Latnok asked. "We're planning to journey to Falcon's Beak."
"Falcon's Beak? That's an incredibly dangerous trip... unfortunately, this is more of a hobby of mine, rather than anything practical," Ilasi said. "When I have free time, I make things like these, and sometimes people have asked to buy them, so here I am. Which reminds me... would you happen to know where Maverick is?"
"Maverick? Do I look like his keeper?" Latnok asked.
"Oh, I didn't mean to imply..."
"Relax, I'm joking," Latnok said. "Don't take things too seriously. Anyway, he, along with his troll and dragon friend, ended up teleporting somewhere far away from Aelinon. Where exactly, I don't know, but the teleport was cast by the galaxy dragon Orion."
"Galaxy dragon? Are you joking again?" Illaoi asked incredulously.
"No... that was actually dead serious," Latnok said. "They didn't want to be near these lands, so Orion teleported them somewhere else."
"...oh..." Ilasi let out, her head drooping in massive disappointment. "But he said he'd stay a bit."
"Well, I guess he had better things to do," Latnok said, not quite aware of how insensitive his words were. "Man like that is a traveler. Can't expect him to sit in one place for any amount of time. How'd you meet him, anyway?"
In response, Ilasi went over the details of the group's encounter with Latnok once again. It was a story she didn't seem to become tired of telling.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1130 Posted: 17:20:13 03/09/2018
After washing his face, Maverick sat by the side of the waterhole, watching the the tadpoles and small fish that Angora talked about. For a small body of water, it was quite of variety of wildlife. There were birds of different kinds both on the water and flying away. Then again, this field felt more like a savannah than a meadow. It was still very relaxing though. But Maverick's mind won't leave him alone. From his bag, he took a compass that once belonged to his father. It was the most advanced and accurate of his kind. Of course, it was possible that better ones were created over the years, but this one still worked and has gotten him out of jams before. He took the Aelinon map and watched the coordinates, which were written down on the bottom right side of the map. If only he could knew the coordinates of his current location, he could return to Aelinon. Despite not liking the initial treatment and reception, he felt like he left too many things pending there. He kept telling himself that it wasn't because of Ilasi alone, but the reality was another.
---
#1131 Posted: 17:27:19 03/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade nudged Angora. “You should go talk to him.” Shade said looking at Maverick.
---
SC
#1132 Posted: 17:50:39 03/09/2018
"You're right. This has gone far enough." Angora said with a sigh, knowing that Maverick's mind was still in Aelinon. She signaled Shade to go back to sleep while she talked to him.

She went to sit besides her hybrid friend.
"Hey Mavi. What's up man? Hey hey, the compass? The map? Oh no you don't! Don't tell me you're planning to go to that hellish place again?" Angora asked Maverick frustratingly, having caught him off guard. He put the map and compass away fast.
"Of course I'm not! Who would? It's just..." Maverick began to say with a lowered head, but his reddish face gave him away dead first.
"Hah, oh boy, you think I'm stupid? I know what's going on! It's that mermaid, isn't it?" Angora accused, knowing the hybrid too well.
"What? No! Of course not! It's just that we could've sold things there. Explore more now that we were free." Maverick declared, denying everything.
"Oh please Mavi! I know you too well! You think I don't know how you looked at her? And how she looked at you? I'm not celibate! I know these things!" Angora said with a clear air of annoyance, not buying his story. Before he had a chance to rebuff her claims, Angora stormed off to return to Shade. Maverick needed some time alone to cool off and recollect his thoughts.

"Well, I talked to him. And it's all clear! It's that silly mermaid we met at the lake. The same from the trial. I think you can figure out the rest." Angora said to Shade, wanting to talk to anyone but Maverick right now. He was a good man that attracted many kind of people, but too much goodness was becoming annoying.
---
#1133 Posted: 17:53:02 03/09/2018
Blue landed pretty close to the group, but still making sure there was enough space between them so they would not be seen. The little lizard came to him. "Good work, I want you to follow as we start our plan" . "Yes leader" the little lizard answered.

Sapphire jumping of Blues back "So leader, you want me to go there and pretend I am running away from you? And at the same time get more knowledge what is their real relationship with Dex." Sapphire said

"Yes Thats it. They remember me attacking them so it should be understandable that you would run away. This scout here will give you a signal when it is time to put the last part of the plan in action" Blue said making a blade out of water. "This will hurt, but it makes it much more believable" he continued and made a pretty nasty cut to Sapphires back. "Now go!" Blue said

"Yes leader" Sapphire said and started to run. It did not take her long to get to the group She stoped looking shocked being sure somebody of the group had heard her running and would notice her. Blood from her back could clearly been seen.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1134 Posted: 18:01:30 03/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Pshade could hear running. He looked in the direction of Sapphire. “Sapphire?! What are you doing here?” He then saw the cut along her back.” Who did this to you.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1135 Posted: 18:12:54 03/09/2018
After Angora went with Shade, Maverick got off to try to convince her Ilasi had nothing to do with his current depression, but as he was heading to the lazy duo, he saw the fox right in front of him.
"Hey you little creature. What's wrong? Did a big, nasty carnivore attacked you?" Maverick asked as he gently approached Sapphire, treating her as if she was another woodland creature. But after seeing her closely, he knew he has seen her before. It was impossible to forget those mesmerizing, blue eyes.
"Wait, haven't we met before?" Maverick asked, not really expecting an answer, but he was certain he has seen this classy creature before.

Angora looked at Maverick approaching in the distance, as well as the fox. However, she was too far away to recognize her.
"Ugh! Another creature in distress? This is going to drive me nuts!" Angora said annoyingly, believing that even the wildlife itself was conspiring against their peace. Since she was too comfortable there, she waved at Maverick to come there and leave whatever injured creature was that alone. It was part of nature to get injured, and the fox didn't look too wounded from there, so the troll wanted Maverick to stay out of it. Before she knew it, Shade was there too, looking at the fox.
"Oh you've got to be kidding me!" she said as she finally got up herself, knowing she was a minority in this. Seemed like Maverick's kind nature was severely rubbing off on Shade too...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:15:18 03/09/2018 by Felines
#1136 Posted: 18:26:51 03/09/2018
Sapphire clearly relieved by the welcoming approach. "It was Blue. After I said I wanted to leave his brotherhood he got angry. He was trying to kill me and I just ran. Something more important must have happen because he did not follow me too long. After that I have not slept, I have just ran as much as I can to make sure he does not find me again" Sapphire said
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1137 Posted: 18:28:41 03/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Don’t worry we’ll hide you.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1138 Posted: 18:36:40 03/09/2018
"Blue!?!" Angora yelled as she approached them, having gained enough distance to hear what Sapphire said and also to recognize her.
"Oh no you don't! What are you doing here? We had a very lousy day and we don't need you dragging that sadistic water dragon our way!" Angora said furiously, wanting Sapphire to leave at once.
"Come on Angorita! Don't be so mean! She was attacked! Don't you think we should help her at least get better." Maverick said, not liking when Angora acted this way.
"You nuts? We had a very lousy week and we don't need any of this nonsense! You, out! We have enough problems of our own!" Angora demanded, wanting Sapphire miles away from them!
"Vamps Angorita! You're being too rough! She needs help!" Maverick insisted, knowing he wasn't going to feel well if he didn't help this once.
"And you believe that? Come on! Don't you think it's too much coincidence that she ran to the very place where we are? Come on fox! Out with you!" Angora insisted, still remembering the trouble they got themselves into when they encounter her. Maverick and Shade never saw what happened, but she did, and was having none of it.
---
#1139 Posted: 18:54:51 03/09/2018
Sapphire first looking very happy "Thank y...." was all She had time to say before Angora made her statement. She was looking very scared and back down a little. "Please let me atleast explain. I dont have anything anymore.... Blue took me in and I was happy to finally have something to call my family. But after I saw How cruel he and the brotherhood was I knew I could not be part of it. It was really hard to once again have nothing, but that was the only way.... I am not like them. After I found my courage I told Blue I wanted to leave... and and this happend" She said and started to cry.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1140 Posted: 19:06:36 03/09/2018
Maverick looked at Angora and sighed, shaking his head on how insensible she could be.
"Oh come on! Now I'm the bad one here? Come on boys, don't you remember what happened the last time we encounter her?" Angora declared, defending herself. But Maverick simply carried the crying fox.
"Alright Angorita, you made your point. Sorry if you feel that way. I know you're cranky, but that doesn't mean you have to take it out on everybody. If you don't want to, you don't need to help her. But I won't stay here doing nothing knowing someone else needs help!" Maverick scolded, turning his back on the little troll and walking to the waterhole with Sapphire on his arms. He would clean the wound with water first before doing anything else. Angora just paced around and scoffed, unable to believe Maverick of all people would scold her like that. Whatever happened in the first meetin, it was clear that neither he nor Shade had any memory of it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:46 03/09/2018 by Felines
#1141 Posted: 19:29:51 03/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Look Angora. Things change. Like me for example. I was very hostile towards you when I first meet you but then you changed me and now look at me I’m the friendly dragon you see here now.” He gave her a nuzzle.
---
SC
#1142 Posted: 19:48:37 03/09/2018
"Thank you" Sapphire said and finally stopped crying. As Maverick took her, She started to think. This kind of kindness. It had been long She had felt anything like that. She took a her necklace to her pawn giving it a long look especially for the ring in it. "I really hope we see eachother again." She thought getting another thought.... Dex had saved this group once.... if they are his friends what would he think if She helped Blue hurt them. She had to know what Dex was for them.

Dex was training kind of. His live had been one training ground and now he had had too many days, doing Simply nothing. It was first nice to do nothing, but he started to get bored. "What should I do?" He thought. Training was so stupid in his mind, but now he was just too desperate for action that he was ready to try that.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1143 Posted: 19:57:14 03/09/2018
"That's pretty... wait, you're not leaving already, are you?" Maverick said as he poured water into Sapphire's wound.
"You don't have to leave right away. Is this because of Angorita? I know she can be harsh. She can leave a bad impression, but she isn't a bad gal. You just caught her in a bad moment. She's a troll I know, but she's the gentles one you'll ever find. I can guarantee you that. You just need time to get to know her better." Maverick said kindly as he attended the wound gently, feeling bad for Sapphire. Angora had been quite mean to her, but he should've expected that. Despite having improved her temper, she still had some of her bitterness.

“Look Angora. Things change. Like me for example. I was very hostile towards you when I first meet you but then you changed me and now look at me I’m the friendly dragon you see here now.” He gave her a nuzzle.

Angora knew he was making much sense, but it still wasn't enough to convince her.
"I just... don't trust her Shady. I have this bad feeling, you know? It may just be me being paranoid, but after everything that has happened, I don't want to take any chances." Angora assured, glad that at least Shade was somewhat on her side.
---
#1144 Posted: 20:01:03 03/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“I know. But we can’t just leave her wounded you know.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1145 Posted: 20:08:48 03/09/2018
With that comment, Angora knew she was in the minority with this, so she decided to just comply.
"Alright fine. We'll cure her, but afterwards, she's out of here! I don't want any more trouble." Angora specified, willing to oblige just this once. Shapphire would remain with them, but only after she was cured.
---
#1146 Posted: 20:20:36 03/09/2018
"Ou did I say that outloud. I was actually thinking about somebody else...... but thank you. Now that i am here I can feel How weak I am after all that. And I would love to be with you for sometime..... would be nice to feel at least bit more safe. But you know that this Is something you dont need to do... i dont want to make any trouble between you" Sapphire said clearly still a lot of sadness in her voice
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1147 Posted: 20:25:43 03/09/2018
"Oh it's alright. Angorita will be no trouble. Like I said, all she needs is a little time to get used to you." Maverick assured gently, as he got some bandages and antibiotics from his bag. Having one that can fit practically anything was sure useful.
---
#1148 Posted: 20:30:13 03/09/2018
As he was about to leave the market, Latnok found one more stall; it probably wouldn't have caught his interest if it weren't for the person manning it - the mermaid at the trial. Without anything else which needed finishing up, he approached the mermaid.
The stall was full of various tchotchkes from things found in the water, with such things as an amulet made with a dried-up starfish, and many different kinds of shells.
"Oh, hello there... Latnok, I believe the name is?" Ilasi greeted. "I've been meaning to ask, but what is this adorable creature with you?"
"That's Raclaw. He's a dragon, and he's his own creature - not under my control or anything."
"...dragon?" Ilasi was rather confused, between the collar and the fur. "But he... oh, I bet you Guardians know your creatures better than I do."
"Anyway, do you have anything that could help us out at sea?" Latnok asked. "We're planning to journey to Falcon's Beak."
"Falcon's Beak? That's an incredibly dangerous trip... unfortunately, this is more of a hobby of mine, rather than anything practical," Ilasi said. "When I have free time, I make things like these, and sometimes people have asked to buy them, so here I am. Which reminds me... would you happen to know where Maverick is?"
"Maverick? Do I look like his keeper?" Latnok asked.
"Oh, I didn't mean to imply..."
"Relax, I'm joking," Latnok said. "Don't take things too seriously. Anyway, he, along with his troll and dragon friend, ended up teleporting somewhere far away from Aelinon. Where exactly, I don't know, but the teleport was cast by the galaxy dragon Orion."
"Galaxy dragon? Are you joking again?" Illaoi asked incredulously.
"No... that was actually dead serious," Latnok said. "They didn't want to be near these lands, so Orion teleported them somewhere else."
"...oh..." Ilasi let out, her head drooping in massive disappointment. "But he said he'd stay a bit."
"Well, I guess he had better things to do," Latnok said, not quite aware of how insensitive his words were. "Man like that is a traveler. Can't expect him to sit in one place for any amount of time. How'd you meet him, anyway?"
In response, Ilasi went over the details of the group's encounter with Latnok once again. It was a story she didn't seem to become tired of telling.

As soon as they approached the stall, Raclaw instantly recognized the mermaid as the same one at the trial. He wasn't entirely surprised when she asked about him-- or when Latnok immediately explained away the collar and his immediate visual 'status' as a pet. He had had seen Latnok do the same thing many times before they left the Guardian base, although he was sure many there still thought he was merely a pet that Latnok had simply decided to bring back with him from their previous journey. He couldn't entirely blame them though nor Ilasi for the easily understandable mistake-- and even more so here where most creatures such as himself were merely 'expected' to have owners. He knew very well the purpose of the 'registration' and how was probably now listed in some logbook somewhere as simply 'Pet, Unknown Dragon.' He was sure many at the court also questioned his appearance as well.

As Ilasi retold her encounter once again-- he was glad at least that Angora had improved somewhat when it came to her overall manners and how she treated strangers. It was also obvious that Ilasi clearly missed missed Maverick and had some lingering feelings for the hybrid. Raclaw felt for her and could relate somewhat with how he viewed his former companions leaving so soon. "If it's any consultation, it probably wasn't his decision. Angora, the Troll, has been known to run away from bad experiences and aside from your encounter-- she probably didn't feel very welcome in Aelinon. I'm sure she simply jumped at the opportunity to simply teleport away and Maverick, being the kind hearted person he is, simply went along for the ride.," he then spoke up addressing Ilasi's feelings and trying to explain Maverick's sudden departure.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:01:54 03/09/2018 by redwes
#1149 Posted: 20:49:39 03/09/2018
"Thank you so much" Sapphire said. "I dont know should I ask this, but you know Dex right.... Last time he saw you it was pretty clear he was making things up because ..... you know because of Blue. Like you probably know he saved your lifes back there (She thought Angora had told him), that must mean he has some bond with you all" Sapphire said with a very shy voice.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1150 Posted: 21:01:58 03/09/2018
Ilasi looked startled for a brief moment as Raclaw spoke to her, then regained her composure. "Oh, so you can... oh, nevermind, of course you can. I was hoping that he would at least try to stay a little longer to see that this place can actually be quite good..."
"Oh, I'm sure he would've stayed if he was in a place like Redwater," Latnok said. Redwater was a place he himself really enjoyed being in - even though he wasn't much to socialize, the taverns were a wonderful place nonetheless, especially with all of the fights (albeit highly regulated). "He probably would've had his fill there. But you see, the troll has Maverick wrapped around her finger, believe it or not. Wherever she goes, he goes. Don't ask me why he's so obsessed with her - that's just the way it is, however."
"Really..." Ilasi said, a mix of disbelief and disappointment.
"Oh, it's something I've had enough experience with myself," Latnok said. "Bends over backwards to make excuses for every horrible thing she does. I was hoping that he would be able to change her, but it's become evident to me that he bends to her wishes. Of course, I wish the best for him - I just think it's rather sad what he's become. That sort of loyalty would be much better placed with someone who actually cares about other people."
Ilasi said no more, just absorbing Latnok's words, just nodding her head silently at the last statement. "Well... looks like I'll be headed out, then," she said. "A lot is going on in Redwater these days, with the war - a lot of supplies being moved out, spoils and prisoners being moved in, that sort of thing. Maybe I'll have some more opportunities there, to do something meaningful."
"Hmm, meaningful, you say..." Latnok thought out loud.
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 23 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me