Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 17 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Dark Times (open) [CLOSED]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8770
#801 Posted: 03:52:22 28/08/2018 | Topic Creator
“Those people? They have no rule here! I know because I’ve studied many maps before.” Shade said with a growl. “Maverick, Angora lets go before anyone sees us. We already have a crazy dragon after us.”
---
SC
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#802 Posted: 04:02:32 28/08/2018
After Maverick reached the main entry for galuds, whether it be by simply flipping through or going to the index, he would first come across the general introduction. It would read:

Galuds are sapient, bipedal, reptilian creatures, characterized by sharp claws, partially webbed feet, and long, lithe, yet powerful tails. Typical coloration ranges from dark green to beige, though there are some exceptions. They are excellent diggers and swimmers. Though they can learn magic, galud mages are not as common as human mages.
Though spread throughout the world, the largest concentration of galuds currently resides within Aelinon, alongside humans and merfolk. They generally prefer darker, warmer environments, though they can adapt to other situations.
Their claws and tail make them adept at close-quarters combat. The most common weaponry they wield are spears and tail barbs. They can utilize thrown projectiles to devastating effect, though their anatomy renders the use of bows infeasible. Their agility renders them capable of reasonably engaging enemies much stronger than they are, such as trolls and minotaurs, by striking at vitals quickly and effectively with claws and tail, or choking off their enemy's blood supply with their tail. Their eyes capture light extremely well - they can see very clearly at night and in general dark conditions as long as there is the tiniest bit of light. However, this is also a weakness - they are highly photophobic, and those who are out during the day will often wear something to reduce the amount of light they intake.
They generally possess an aggressive temperament, regardless of the seeming strength and size of their enemy, and are often highly opportunistic. Though horses are generally intolerant of them, they are capable of riding wyverns - knowledge which some have shared with humans they have allied with. When hunting (typically at night), they will almost always operate in groups, using loud whooping calls to both communicate with each other and confuse their targets. They are almost never alone unless they are doing something which specifically requires being alone.
Though greetings are nothing unusual, the typical farewell is "May good health lay before you" for the person initiating the farewell, and "And may prosperity follow in your wake" for the person returning it.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#803 Posted: 04:18:12 28/08/2018
Angora climbed Shade quickly and urged Maverick to do the same. He quickly statched away the remaining candy, but not before encountering the page he was looking for.
"Here then! Let me help you!" Angora said as she went in front of Maverick and detained the book for him. She knew he wasn't going to be able to wait for their next destination, so he read the book mid air. He was so distracted with the lecture that he didn't even get dizzy, and the tome was heavy enough to avoid being blown away by the wind. It also helped that Angora was detaining it very firmly.

After he was done, he knew they wouldn't be able to put away the book in that condition, so he and Angora had to hold onto it until Shade could land.
"So? What did you read?" Angora asked loudly, the wind drowning up sound.
"Well, they seem like they're a combination of soldiers and oportunistic predators. They're very common too it seems, especially in that Aelinion place. If they're as nasty as you say, then it's better if we indeed avoid them." Maverick said, not finding the galuds particularly dangerous if they were civilized enough to use phrases like that. He was certain he wouldn't have much trouble with them if he encountered them alone, but he was very concerned for Angora. It was no wonder she wanted to avoid them. Their chapter mentioned trolls, so it was evident they didn't have the best of relationships. It was getting dark now, and they were nocturnal creature, meaning they had to be extra careful now. Also, they had to watch the skies if they could ride wyverns. All Maverick and Angora could do now was hold on to the dragolet and trust that he would take them to a safe place. This was hostile territory and they urgently had to be more cautious...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#804 Posted: 06:20:19 28/08/2018
Dex got up. "It is time" he said quickly making his way to a spot he had noticed before. It was not big enough for humans but for the two of them Yes. "It is important we dont leave anything behind that looks like a Burglary in here. We are going to take his keys after we have killed him so it looks like Thats the way How the thief got in". Dex said. The two of them quickly took any valuable items and put them to the Dexes bag. There where some artifacts for sale, but it was clear the man was keeping the best ones at his house. Dex took all the money and the two quickly moved out and started to make their way to the mans house.

Sapphire had told Dex about herself and especially How he met Blue. Dex could not think any real reason why in her situation anybody should be with Blue. He started to think that this poor Fox had clearly been brainwashed in to joining the brotherhood. But he knew he could not do anything about it now. He was in a mission, and he also had a plan which had to be done.

It did not take them long to go to the house. The man was living alone, and that was going to make this easier. After they had made sure there was nobody around Sapphire went to the door. "I am Sorry to bother you, but would there be any chance I could get some water" She said knocking the door. Soon the man came and opened the door a little "go away!" He shouted looking at the creature behind his door. He could not believe it was a fox! In this confusion the man made the mistake that would be his last. He took a long look at Sapphire meeting her eyes. The man was out and that was the moment when Dex jumped out pushing the man inside. Sapphire came after him making sure the door was locked.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:23:09 28/08/2018 by cyndego
#805 Posted: 09:37:19 28/08/2018 | Topic Creator
After a little while of flying Shade finally landed in a dense forest to avoid being seen. “I think this is far enough.”
---
SC
#806 Posted: 12:07:08 28/08/2018
Dex took a dagger out of the back. He had got the dagger from the blackmarket and it had a cloth over its handel. They took the man together in a place where it would look like he had come for the thief, but Lost. The man had took a short Sword with him to the door. That would be perfect. Dex had the dagger in his mouht he gave the man few cut, so that it would look like the man had been in a fight. Finally stabing the dagger through his heart making sure he would die. Then he carefully took the cloth and used it to bring the shortsword closer to the man. So it would look like it had fallen from his hand when the thief made the killing stab. Then he but the cloth to the bag "Perfect. Now we take everything, then we make it look like the thief was in a hurry and brake some things. For the last part we go outside and brake the Window close to the body, that way it will look like the thief came in there and the man tried to attack him, but got killed himself" Dex said and started to make his way to the bedroom. He was sure the mans keys would be there.

"You really are professional. I could not have thought anything like this." Sapphire said and started to put valuables in to Dexes bag. Which he had left to the room the mans body was.

"Ofcourse this is my game cutie" Dex said and went after the keys.

I did not take long to find the keys. And with them soon everything was taken. "He really had a lot grazy looking stuff" Sapphire said. Dex very Well knew Why, put ofcourse he was not going to say it. "Yea. I bet my customer is in the same bussiness and wanted to take this guy out for good" Dex said. Sapphire answered " Yes that makes Sense". Then they without making too much noise broke some stuff and made it look like the thief had quickly took everything he could find. "We have everything that we need, including his money" Dex said and they made their way out. Making sure nobody would not hear them Dex made a move and destroyd the window. "Now the window is broken to the inside and the brake is large enough for a human. Lets go" Dex said

Sapphire was just looking Dex. She was so impressed about his way of working.

Dex took few steps closer to the forrest " Come on cutie you dont want to be here when soldiers do find this setup. And Blue is also waiting" Dex said with a small smile. Sapphire snaping out of her admire " Yes ofcourse, lets go" She said. And so the two of them started to run towards the forrest back to Blue.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:14:32 28/08/2018 by cyndego
#807 Posted: 13:13:12 28/08/2018
Quote: Spyroconvexity
After a little while of flying Shade finally landed in a dense forest to avoid being seen. “I think this is far enough.”

Both Maverick and Angora we're glad to be back on dry land. As much as the former loved flying, he had enough of the skies for today. After getting off Shade, Maverick finally put away the heavy tome, taking a quick look at the dense forest. While he looked around, Angora gathered wood for the fire, and let Shade do his magic. Now it was time to finally settle down and just relax. After the long and lousy day they had, the trio deserved it.

"Caught new kinds of fish in that lake Oscurito. Raw or cooked this time?" Maverick asked kindly to Shade, dividing the fish he caught in Ilasi's lake. Angora took her portions using a big stick and started to cook it in the campfire, having grown fond of cooked meat. It was no wonder human's did it that way. Shade didn't mind either way, but she always looked forward to seeing him make faces at the taste of fish. He didn't like them very much, but Maverick always insisted on teaching him to eat other meats that wasn't red.
---
#808 Posted: 17:31:54 28/08/2018
Dex and Sapphire had made it to the forrest. But there was still some distance between them and Blue.
" Hey wait a bit Sapphire" Dex said, and stopped. Sapphire quickly stoping too "What is it" She said. "Well there is something I want to give you before we see Blue. You know how much he hates stuff like this." Dex said with clearly embarrassed voice. He then took a small bag out of his bag and gave it to Sapphire.

Sapphire was clearly happy that Dex had noticed her in this way "What is it? Its so light." She said with a smile. "You have to open it to know" Dex said and Sapphire oppened the small bag. When She did some kind of powder came out "What.....is.....this...... I....... feel......so ......slee...." Sapphire said before She was a sleep. This was one of the things Dex was after at the blackmarket."Once again Blue I win" Dex thought. He then made sure Sapphire would not be noticed by anyone or anything. He then took a silver ring with a big sapphire in the middle. It was in a beutiful sliverchain and put it to Sapphires neck. "When ever you see this you will remember not to trust anybody in this Bussiness" Dex thought and was about to leave. But something was wrong.

"Why I feel like I did something wrong....." he thought and turned back to sleeping Sapphire. All he had done was a great act and it had worked perfectly..... but he felt something he could not put in words. This Fox could be the best friend, familymember, great member of the group and even a lover without problem..... as long as it was not for real and part of somekind of plan. Now when he really felt something he could not say what it was..... this was not like him. He then took a letter and wrote "Sorry.... I hope we would have been on the same side..... I really meant it when I said you are beutiful. I hope you like your real present.... its around your neck - Dex -" . He then put the letter under Sapphires paw so that it would not fly away. He then took another bag which he had taken from the mans house emptied it to the real bag of his. Then he split the money they have taken and put some valueables that where not the artifacts he was really after and put them to the other bag. He then put the back next to Sapphire.

Dex then ran fast stopping pretty soon. He dig a small hole putting the cloth and the keys of the man in there then covering it. Then he started to run again this time he was not going to stop so soon.

The necklace he had got from Sapphire was going to be his mark of Victory..... now it had become something else......
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:40:45 28/08/2018 by cyndego
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8830
#809 Posted: 19:41:37 28/08/2018
Meanwhile...
Quote: A Guy
At the sound of Raclaw's voice, Vellune quickly turned around, as Latnok gave him a salute. "Why, welcome back, Raclaw!" he said, as he returned Latnok's salute. "No need to do any of that knocking - you can just come right in. Just working on finishing up this spear." Vellune turned back to his weapon, using force magic to help iron out the kinks as he lightly tapped on some portions with a hammer. "Something tells me you're not just here because you like sweltering heat, though. What are you in need of?"
"He is looking for something like our hyperspace bag, except something he can attach to his collar, Adjudicator," Latnok explained. Like a portal of sorts to a pocket where he can keep personal belongings."
"Hmm... I don't know of something like that," Vellune said. "No, that's not to say I can't make it - I will just need a bit of time to figure it out, probably about an hour, maybe less. Similar to hyperspace magic we use in bags, except on demand, and the space needs to shift while not being directly accessible at all times... hmm..." Vellune paused in thought for several moments, before suddenly getting back to work on the weapon. "The spear will be done not too long from now. I would recommend you wait outside the forge."

"Thank-you Adjudicator Vellune. We're be outside.," Raclaw gracefully and respectfully responded with a nod before leaving the forge to let Vellune work his magic. As he and Latnok waited and talked about minor things-- he anticipated the future new addition to his collar. He would finally be able to properly carry things and be able to keep things, a luxury he didn't have unlike many of his former companions and current Guardian friends. Soon an hour passed and Raclaw's eyes lit up when Latnok reminded him that it was time. And so they walked back into the main forge, with Raclaw eager to see what Vellune had come up with for him.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#810 Posted: 20:15:12 28/08/2018 | Topic Creator
“I think i prefer cooked. Raw fish just doesn’t tast as good to me.” Shade said. “I hope we are left alone.” He looked around and saw some glowing mushrooms and bugs. “I think I made the perfect spot.”
---
SC
#811 Posted: 20:20:24 28/08/2018
As Maverick offered Shade the fish, Angora was worried that somebody was watching them. Those nasty galuds could be anywhere, and was even paranoid enough thinking that the blue dragon was out there, stalking them. His fox friend managed to hypnotize both Maverick and Shade, leaving her all alone. Dex saved her, but even so, she believed that he returned to his old, evil ways, and him saving her was just a brief guilt trip. After cooking her own fish, she watched the fire with concern.
"Alright you two dumb dumbs. Fill your bellies quickly now. As soon as we're done eating, we need to put out this fire. Those stupid galuds could be anywhere around this forest, and if they're sensible to light, the fire could attract them. Worse still, if they can fly wyverns, they can spot us from the sky." Angora warned, wanting them to hurry. She wanted nothing more than play and tell stories around the campfire like they usually did, but even this beautiful terrain can be hostile and couldn't afford that luxury anymore.
---
#812 Posted: 20:36:42 28/08/2018
Vellune was already waiting, anticipating the duo's return. In his hand was a gem, perfectly suited for placing within Raclaw's collar.
"Ah, Raclaw, Latnok, welcome back!" Vellune said. "It wasn't too difficult to do - just a bit of weaving and creativity. It's all ready. Now, Raclaw, if you don't mind, may you please activate the appropriate commands on your collar? I will show you how to use this once it is installed."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#813 Posted: 20:46:43 28/08/2018
'Enhance.,' Raclaw internally spoke to the collar with a nod. As he triggered the command-- two empty gem slots appeared on the front of his collar, one to each side of the silver D-ring. "It's ready.," he said officially authorizing the interaction.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:48:36 28/08/2018 by redwes
#814 Posted: 21:06:39 28/08/2018
"Now, let's begin..." Vellune said. Taking the gem, he inserted it into one of the applicable slots. "That's all. Now, let me explain how this works. When you want to access or add to your belongings, you are going to use the command 'Access Stash'. From there, a portal will open up, which will allow you to put objects in. When you want to withdraw objects, simply reach for them with a limb of your choosing as you think of what you want, then pull it out. When you are done, use the command 'Close Stash'. For safety reasons, the portal will not close with any sapient being inside."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#815 Posted: 21:09:13 28/08/2018
Maverick watched as Shade ate. The new fish weren't very suitable to the dragolet either, but at least it was still tolerable enough. Angora wondered though, if Shade was doing it to please Maverick. She would ask one day. The young man cooked the fish in the campfire, but whenever Shade wanted it more well done, he would use his own fire, a spectacle Maverick never got tired of seeing.
"A dragon breathing fire. Too impressive for words. And to think I once believed no such thing existed." Maverick said with fascination, very impressed on how much his life has changed in the last couple of years.
"How do you do it Oscurito? The tome doesn't say anything about how it happens. Does it come from your stomach? From your throat? A special organ? Is it magic?" Maverick asked innocently, having grown very curious.
"Why don't you go in and find out." Angora joked, making fun of his curiosity.
"Very funny Angorita. You're the one with the tough skin. You should do it!" Maverick exclaimed, playing along.
"You're the one who wants to know." she expressed, giving a playful punch to his arm, him returning the favor with a playful head tousle. Soon they found themselves wrestling like in the old times. It was a fun time. Maverick still waited for an answer while Angora continued making fun of him, hiding the fact that she also became curious about the matter.
---
#816 Posted: 21:19:49 28/08/2018 | Topic Creator
“I never thought about it. It just came naturally to me. Though the blue fire only came after I got stronger.” Shade said. “But I think it comes from an organ.” Shade said. “Just beneath my tongue though I don’t feel any pain or heat. Never got burned even though I’ve been covered in fire before.” Shade said.
---
SC
#817 Posted: 21:43:03 28/08/2018
"Oh, quite interesting. Under your tongue? I never would've known. When you use fire, all your mouth is covered." Maverick observed, not certain on how the chemical process worked if it was an organ like Shade said, but it was clear that it made the fire expand greatly. It was a process as mysterious as knowing how a cat purrs.
"Well, however it works, dragons like you got it made. They have claws, teeth AND fire to defend themselves. And they can even fly... well, at least most of them." Maverick said, having examined the tome to find out that not all dragons could fly. Some couldn't even breathe fire, although they had other abilities. It was all a fascinating subject to him. Even today, he still couldn't believe he was friends with a dragon.

At that moment, Angora realized how much they distracted themselves.
"Goodness, what are we doing? This is all very interesting, but we can't prolong this. Come on Maverick, let us put out the fire." Angora said, afraid that the fire and their talking could attract unwanted visitors. Obliging, Maverick helped her put out the fire. The cold was immediately surrounding them, so Maverick and Angora had to sleep near Shade. Like all reptiles, he had cold skin himself, the only warm parts being his mouth and belly. The small pair used the latter as pillow, while the tail could work as a blanket.

"I know this is uncomfortable my boys, but we have no other choice. We can't risk drawing attention to ourselves." Angora said when she saw Maverick shaking, and imagined that Shade too was disliking the experience. The three were used to sleeping with a campfire, so this was wuite unpleasant. At least the glowing bugs and mushrooms acted like night lights, and their gentle shine was both calming and soothing.
---
#818 Posted: 22:00:44 28/08/2018
Dex was running. He was not sure would Blue try to find him after Sapphire had returned to him. He knew what he had to do. Run back without sleep. It did not take Blue long to fly even with the stop, so with his high speed it should not take so long, Though he would be out of action for sometime..... He could run long extreme distances like this so he would survive. His back was still hurting, but he knew he had to take it. He was also thinking "I hope that guy finds the note I left to his pocket (meaning Maverick). Last thing I need would be Angora starting some kind of rumor that I have joined up in Blues brotherhood (thinking that Angora would be the most possible option to make that conclusion) But it did not take him long to start thinking about Sapphire " What was that.... Why did I even do that. When Blue sees my later he is sure going to be happy about it atleast.... he might even think he got almost what he wanted. But still somehow I hope I see Sapphire again....."

Sapphire finally woke up. "Hmm.....looks like Blue was right about him after all" She said to herself clearly sad. Then he noticed the letter and read it. In a moment her happiness was back "he does care after all." She thought looking at her new necklace. "I guess mister, you have something from me, and I have something from you" Sapphire thought taking the bag. He even left something for me to take back to the brotherhood. Sapphire thought for a moment and made a dicision. This letter was something Blue did not need to know about. Being part of the brotherhood did not mean She could not have any Personal life and secrets. She then buried the letter and made her way back to Blue.

" Told you so." Blue said clearly bit dissapointed that Dex was not with her.
"I am so sorry leader. He did trick me like you said, I should have been more carefull. But at least he did leave something for me which we can take back to the brotherhood" Sapphire said giving the bag to Blue. "Really now." Blue said clearly getting his mood back up. He then looked at the bag and started laughing. "This is not something little you know. That fox would have never left this much behind if he did not feel anything. This has been a victory for us" Blue said noticing the necklace now. "Whats that" He asked. " Something I took. I liked it and thought it would make others pay attention to it which would made it easier for me to get the eyecontact." Sapphire answered quickly coming up with something. "You are starting to learn. That is in fact pretty clever. Now we need to go, but I will promise you this was just the first round of a long battle. Dex will join us, it is just matter of time". Blue said taking Sapphire at her back and taking off.
Sapphire was happy that Blue was so sure about Dex joining. Maybe that way things really could be different and they would end up in same side next time.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:08:00 28/08/2018 by cyndego
#819 Posted: 22:07:21 28/08/2018
"Now, let's begin..." Vellune said. Taking the gem, he inserted it into one of the applicable slots. "That's all. Now, let me explain how this works. When you want to access or add to your belongings, you are going to use the command 'Access Stash'. From there, a portal will open up, which will allow you to put objects in. When you want to withdraw objects, simply reach for them with a limb of your choosing as you think of what you want, then pull it out. When you are done, use the command 'Close Stash'. For safety reasons, the portal will not close with any sapient being inside."

As Vellune finished, Raclaw finalized the gem insertion via the 'Enhance Finished' command and carefully listened to then instructions. He felt the front of his collar, feeling the new gem in place and feeling the connection to it. He nodded as Vellune explained and wanted to see the new functionality in person. "Do you mind if I test it?," he meekly asked knowing that he didn't yet have any physical item to actually put in it. He could at least see the portal though and know that he would be able to have any such processions in the future. Or at the very least, he could help others carry things if needed.
---
#820 Posted: 22:13:51 28/08/2018
"Well, I don't see you blowing up the place by trying," Vellune said. "Please feel free."
"You know, Raclaw, what sort of things do you have in mind, as far as possessions go?" Latnok asked. "Most dragons I know of that keep possessions do so in some sort of cave or something. Certainly nothing handy coming to mind immediately. Although, of course, that is liable to change."

Far off in the distance, by the campsite the trio of Angora, Maverick, and Shade were stationed, various whooping noises were made - some high-pitched, some low-pitched, alternating locations as if answering each other.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#821 Posted: 22:15:14 28/08/2018
The night went rather smoothly, but Angora wasn't taking any chances.
"So, how's your neck?" she asked Maverick, becoming bored, but she looked at him only to see him deeply asleep. He was a heavy sleeper, and he didn't snore at all, which was good but Angora was worried that such a deep sleep could cause him trouble one day. She felt safe with Shade surrounding them, but that wasn't enough to calm her down. There was a time where she was all alone, and she would sleep lightly to make sure no muggers or predators could take her by surprise, and now, she had others worrying and caring about her and protecting her. It was a pretty experience, but it didn't change the fact that she was a troll. It didn't matter if she was tiny and far more polite than her violent counterparts, she still believed the world wasn't ready to accept someone like her no matter how many good deed she did.
---
#822 Posted: 22:20:57 28/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade covered them in his wing trying to keep them warm as best as possible. “Don’t worry I’ve been through worse. We just have to make sure that Blue fella doesn’t find us.”
---
SC
#823 Posted: 22:30:29 28/08/2018
"Ugh, thanks for reminding me." Angora exclaimed rather bitterly, wondering whom between the galuds and that blue dragon should they be more concerned about.
"We should've asked Maverick for that tome. Maybe it has some information about that Blue. But the hairy lug is asleep already." she then expressed, envying how easily he could fall asleep.
"But that stupid dragon... we left him far behind, didn't we? You flew quite far away. He can't possibly find us here." the little troll commented, though mostly to try to reassure herself than her dragolet friend. Even though she was more comfortable now, she still couldn't fall asleep completely. She kept her ears highly alert in case she heard something out of the ordinary...

Far off in the distance, by the campsite the trio of Angora, Maverick, and Shade were stationed, various whooping noises were made - some high-pitched, some low-pitched, alternating locations as if answering each other.

Unfortunately, Angora soon got her answer when she heard the eerie howling noises, making it seem as if the forest was haunted. Now that she and Shade had stopped talking, Angora could hear the sounds loud and clear, and was starting to sweat with nervousness.
"Um... Shady? Are you asleep yet?" she asked shakily, wondering if Shade could hear the sound and if he could see anything from there. What was that hellish sound? In her fright, Angora suddenly remembered what Maverick read to her. She prayed it to be anything but those accursed galuds...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:03 28/08/2018 by Felines
#824 Posted: 22:47:18 28/08/2018 | Topic Creator
“I hear them too.” Shade said. “Don’t worry as long as we are quiet they may leave.”
---
SC
#825 Posted: 23:00:23 28/08/2018
Angora curled herself, becoming extremely concerned. She hoped that Shade's black coloriation would blend them with the dark. This was precisely why she wanted the campfire to be put out. She wondered though, if they had seen them from afar, so she asked Shade to keep an eye open just in case they were on to them...
---
#826 Posted: 23:02:27 28/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade nodded. “Don’t worry they wouldn’t dare attack you with me here.”
---
SC
#827 Posted: 23:04:00 28/08/2018
The whooping sounds continued intermittently. Occasionally, the sound of an orc or, in one instance, a troll crying out as it was killed could be heard. The sounds, however, did not come closer to the campsite the trio had established.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#828 Posted: 23:05:29 28/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade still kept an eye out just in case they did find them. His senses alert.
---
SC
#829 Posted: 23:17:07 28/08/2018
Angora covered her ears, immediately recognizing a screaming troll. She felt lousy for betraying her kind by not doing anything to help them, but she wanted nothing to do with them after what was almost done to her in her childhood... however, that didn't stop her from crying at hearing one of her own being murdered. She sobbed at the sound of the massacre, knowing that even though most of her kind were violent, murderous beasts, at the end of the day, all they were doing was defending their territory. Orcs were more about conquering new lands, but trolls on the other hand, were settlers. Once they find a place they liked, they would remain there forever unless they were forced out or the terrain changed. However, due to people like the Aelinonians always conquering new terrains, trolls were forced to live a nomadic life. This was a fact Angora knew from her clan, and was ready to fight for their cause... if it wasn't for her lack of growth.
---
#830 Posted: 23:32:18 28/08/2018
Meanwhile...
"Well, I don't see you blowing up the place by trying," Vellune said. "Please feel free."
"You know, Raclaw, what sort of things do you have in mind, as far as possessions go?" Latnok asked. "Most dragons I know of that keep possessions do so in some sort of cave or something. Certainly nothing handy coming to mind immediately. Although, of course, that is liable to change."

As soon as Vellune spoke, Raclaw immediately triggered the appropriate command. 'Access Stash.,' he internally spoke to the collar and just as Vellune had explained-- a small portal immediately opened up in front of him. "Neat!," he thought out loud as his eyes lit up with glee. He stuck his left paw in the portal and looked at the other side intrigued by the concept of the hyperspace spell. Of course, there was nothing in there yet, but he eventually planned to change that. He proceeded to take his paw out again and formally closed the portal via the 'Close Stash' command. "Thank-you Vellune-- I really appreciate it.," he said looking at the Adjudicator Guardian.

Raclaw then looked at Latnok and answered the curious Guardian's question. "You know-- I never really considered that question 'till now. When I left the farm, I simply left what I had with my human parents-- mostly just toys and things intended to help me develop, as silly as that sounds. After that, I mostly just explored and survived; and didn't have much need to process anything. I spent the initial few months honing my abilities and occasionally visited to make sure my former.. former guardians were alright.

Eventually, I started to go out further and further, but still didn't find the need to process anything. After seeing the Guardians as well as our former companions, however, I felt that I should at least have the opportunity to process something if I so desired. I don't know what yet, but I wanted to have that opportunity and now I do-- so thank-you again.," he then added almost saying owners midway through his spill. In some ways-- he was still naive and unsure of himself, while a lot more confident in other areas.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 00:32:12 29/08/2018 by redwes
#831 Posted: 00:15:47 29/08/2018
Like Shade promised, he kept an eye for a while, but it was only a matter of time before all the flying and running away would take a toll on him. After being convinced that there was no danger to them, Angora waited for the dragolet to fall asleep himself. Although not as strong as Maverick, Shade could have a deep sleep as well. But Angora only dozed off. She couldn't sleep profoundly like her two companions. She was too paranoid that night, and hearing the massacre only made things worse. She knew she wasn't going to have any peace. So after the dragolet fell asleep, Angora wriggled below his wing to get out, and taking advantage of nature's light, she began following the source of the sound. She knew it was madness to try to find creatures killing trolls like herself, but she just had to know what was going on. She felt too guilty just staying there doing nothing. She trusted her stealth. She was small, and when curled, she could be easily be mistaken as a rock. One thing she often did that other trolls didn't was take bath, so she could disguise her smell. It was a crazy mission. She only had a dagger she a.ways kept around her waist as self defense, but she has almost never used it, and she hoped that this night was going to be no exception...
---
#832 Posted: 00:43:48 29/08/2018
"Well, I'm really glad that we can get that done for you," Vellune said. "Feel free to stop by whenever you need anything - we are here for you."
"Well, now that that's done," Latnok said, as he began to make his way to the exit, "what do you have in mind now? We could just take it easy until later, or we can do something else if you have something in mind." There wasn't looking to be anything significantly unusual happening in the next few days - it would be mostly routine activities, waiting for the trip to Redwater.

Galuds would continue to scour the area - always at the very least in pairs. Intermittent whooping calls could be heard throughout the night, though they were becoming less frequent. One sight in particular was bound to attract attention - a huge troll wielding a log, protecting a cave entrance versus five galuds.
Even with the numbers advantage, the uninitiated would presume that the troll would easily crush the galuds without any effort; some would know better. Two charged at him from opposite directions; though the troll swatted one away with the log, the other planted a barbed spear through his side, as two of the galud's comrades wrapped their tails around the troll's legs, sweeping it. The first galud, though injured, got back into the fight, wrapping its tail around the troll's neck as he began applying more pressure to the troll's neck, though not suffocating him yet.
In the meantime, the final galud darted into the cave, and a brief crying out by what sounded like a young troll could be heard, before being quickly silenced. The large troll, reacting, struggled harder to get back on its feet; it was, however, outmatched, and could not get up. "These are our lands," the galud at the troll's neck said. "Your kind have taken our space for far too long."
"What should we do with him?" another galud asked.
"Not much we can do with him; he's dead as soon as we pull that spear out," the first galud said. At that moment, the last galud came out of the cave.
"I found one," said the galud, "but the other seems to be gone."
"Don't worry about that thing, we'll find it," the first galud said. "If our hunters don't find it tonight, the humans will find them in the mop-up operation tomorrow."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#833 Posted: 00:50:02 29/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Meanwhile shade was whimpering. He was having nightmares of his past. He suddenly got up in his sleep and roared out. “Get away!” He said before bashing down a tree. He was starting to go wild in his sleep.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:02:19 29/08/2018 by Spyroconvexity
#834 Posted: 01:09:03 29/08/2018
Even if Maverick was a heavy sleeper, Shade's uneasiness and movements were enough to wake him up. This was nothing new to him. However, Angora was the one who would always calm him down... but she was nowhere to be seen.
"Angorita? Angorita! Where are you?" Maverick calle frightened, having a half crazy dragon and only him to stop him. Where the heck was that troll?

"Shade? Oscurito! Please, calm down!" Maverick begged, getting I need don't of him to make him stop, but soon he had to jump out of the way to prevent being stepped on. The agile Angora would usually climb up the dragolet and calm him down, but Maverick didn't have the guts to do such a thing. Out of desperation, he managed to grab the moving Shade's tail, being shaken silly and still begging his friend to wake up and calm down...

Galuds would continue to scour the area - always at the very least in pairs. Intermittent whooping calls could be heard throughout the night, though they were becoming less frequent. One sight in particular was bound to attract attention - a huge troll wielding a log, protecting a cave entrance versus five galuds.
Even with the numbers advantage, the uninitiated would presume that the troll would easily crush the galuds without any effort; some would know better. Two charged at him from opposite directions; though the troll swatted one away with the log, the other planted a barbed spear through his side, as two of the galud's comrades wrapped their tails around the troll's legs, sweeping it. The first galud, though injured, got back into the fight, wrapping its tail around the troll's neck as he began applying more pressure to the troll's neck, though not suffocating him yet.
In the meantime, the final galud darted into the cave, and a brief crying out by what sounded like a young troll could be heard, before being quickly silenced. The large troll, reacting, struggled harder to get back on its feet; it was, however, outmatched, and could not get up. "These are our lands," the galud at the troll's neck said. "Your kind have taken our space for far too long."
"What should we do with him?" another galud asked.
"Not much we can do with him; he's dead as soon as we pull that spear out," the first galud said. At that moment, the last galud came out of the cave.
"I found one," said the galud, "but the other seems to be gone."
"Don't worry about that thing, we'll find it," the first galud said. "If our hunters don't find it tonight, the humans will find them in the mop-up operation tomorrow."

By this time, Angora was too far to notice the commotion in the camp. The fighting was too loud and noticeable to be ignored. Using the cover of the trees, Angora remained hidden, witnessing the fight. Five against one? That was too unfair. The troll at the cave's entrance was humongous, bigger than her father. Big enough to devour her whole if he so desired, but even his size wasn't enough for the strategic, sneaking galuds. Even though she despised her kind, she hated this injustice even more. The disgusting, overgrown lizards were a merciless bunch, being after even the youngest trolls. She couldn't take this anymore. What she did next was crazy, but a procedure she deemed necessary. Grabbing her only knife, Angora aimed at the galud choking the giant troll, and went straight to the neck. She threw it with all her might, and immediately hid inside the hollow tree she had in front of her, evidently home to squirrels. Fortunately, the home was abandoned. She didn't know if the throw was a perfect bull's eye, but she did the best she could. There was no turning back. This was the only hand she would lend to the giant. If the knife managed to slice the galud, the large troll would be free, and afterwards, it would be up to him to defend himself from the remaining lizards...
---
#835 Posted: 01:20:14 29/08/2018
Ironically, if it weren't for the galud's injuries, the dagger throw would most likely have been fatal; in his condition, however, he was wavering and unsteady, and the dagger ended up hitting him in the shoulder. He immediately cried out in pain.
The large troll, seeing an opportunity, once again tried to get up; however, two more spears were planted in him, pinning him to the ground, and he gave up the attempts. "You two," one of the galuds called, "take the hunt leader back to the wyvern. As for this thing... The apparent new leader grabbed the barbed spear with his tail, yanking it out of the troll and inflicting a grievous wound.
"This thing is going to bleed out soon. You and I, we're going to find whoever had the nerve to attack us," the galud said.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#836 Posted: 01:29:27 29/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Shades roaring could be heard echoing through the forest. He even breathed blue fire up into the sky.
---
SC
#837 Posted: 01:41:19 29/08/2018
Maverick knew they were in a world of trouble. First Angora was missing and now Shade had another one of his notorious nightmares and she wasn't there to stop him. Maverick knew that such a light blue flame flying skyward like that was bound to get attention.
"Shade! I'm begging you! Please! Stop!" the young man said, almost crying. He then used the little muscles he had remained from his pirate days to drag himself across the dragolet's body, rubbing himself with Shade's hard spikes when he reached the back and ultimately reaching his neck. He grasped to try and stop him from breathing fire... but then he remembered what he said earlier. If the fire came from below his tongue, he knew the awful truth. He would have to reach the mouth and try to keep it closed. It was a crazy idea! Struggling, Maverick begged for a miracle as he started to feel the heat and he continued to yell at the dragolet.
"Shade! Oscurito please! It's your friend Maverick!" he screamed, unable to reach the shaking dragon's mouth...

Ironically, if it weren't for the galud's injuries, the dagger throw would most likely have been fatal; in his condition, however, he was wavering and unsteady, and the dagger ended up hitting him in the shoulder. He immediately cried out in pain.
The large troll, seeing an opportunity, once again tried to get up; however, two more spears were planted in him, pinning him to the ground, and he gave up the attempts. "You two," one of the galuds called, "take the hunt leader back to the wyvern. As for this thing... The apparent new leader grabbed the barbed spear with his tail, yanking it out of the troll and inflicting a grievous wound.
"This thing is going to bleed out soon. You and I, we're going to find whoever had the nerve to attack us," the galud said.

Angora remained hidden in the tree, breathing as shallowly as possible. From her hiding place, she was using a small hole in the tree trunk to plan her escape route, but to do that, she had to make sure the galuds would search for her far away from there so the rustling of the trees wouldn't alert them to her presence. She felt very sorry for the large troll, but she had more peace of mind knowing that she at least tried to help him. Those galuds were real monsters. They couldn't give the poor guy a quick death. They had to be sadistic about it. Right now though, she was in clear hot water, and she had to trust that none of those galuds would even think of searching the insides of the trees. She knew it has been a crazy thing to do, but she just had to attack those bullies one way or the other. She prayed for them to go away so she could finally return to camp and pretend this never happened...
---
#838 Posted: 01:47:05 29/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade opened his eyes. He instantly collapsed.
---
SC
#839 Posted: 01:54:14 29/08/2018
"Well, I'm really glad that we can get that done for you," Vellune said. "Feel free to stop by whenever you need anything - we are here for you."
"Well, now that that's done," Latnok said, as he began to make his way to the exit, "what do you have in mind now? We could just take it easy until later, or we can do something else if you have something in mind." There wasn't looking to be anything significantly unusual happening in the next few days - it would be mostly routine activities, waiting for the trip to Redwater.

As they proceeded to leave the forge, Raclaw gave a grateful nod to Vallune-- extremely grateful at just how far the Guardians were willing to go for him. As they walked, Raclaw thought about it. "The Wyvern Pens are this way, aren't they? There is something I wish to try with Veris-- do you remember Storm the Storm claw? I was able to connect with his mind and enable cross-species commication. It may be possible that I could do the same with Veris and if I can--- that will make it easier to accomidate his needs and to keep him comfortable once we're at sea.," he then suggested looking at Latnok.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:55:34 29/08/2018 by redwes
#840 Posted: 01:57:55 29/08/2018
Shade opened his eyes. He instantly collapsed.

Unfortunately for Maverick, when Shade collapsed, his neck fell right onto his legs.
"No... Oscurito! You have to wake up! This is no time to collapse! Angorita is missing! We have to search for her and get out of here immediately!" Maverick urged, slowly moving Shade's head and neck away from his legs. Now he knew the desperation poor Angora felt so constantly.
---
#841 Posted: 02:00:16 29/08/2018
The galuds were not looking within the tree trunks; whatever attacked them, they weren't expecting something small enough to fit in one. Rather, they began by climbing into the trees. Eventually, the rustling sound was moving further and further away from Angora. The troll lay there, dying, with no hope of being saved.

"Sounds like a plan," Latnok said. "The wyvern pens are in another section of the cave network. I will lead the way if you like. I'm sure Veris will be pleased to see you again." If Raclaw was successful, coordinating actions with Veris would be easier than ever before... Latnok eagerly looked forward to it. "Let's go. It's almost feeding time."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#842 Posted: 02:07:41 29/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade came to again. “I did it again didn’t I?” He said looking around at the broken trees.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:12:04 29/08/2018 by Spyroconvexity
#843 Posted: 02:11:43 29/08/2018
"You were out of control. For a moment, I thought I had to force your mouth close. Honestly Oscurito, what's up with all these nightmares? You have a happy life now. And a familia. What is making you so uneasy?" Maverick asked as he tried to get up, but his legs were asleep.

The galuds were not looking within the tree trunks; whatever attacked them, they weren't expecting something small enough to fit in one. Rather, they began by climbing into the trees. Eventually, the rustling sound was moving further and further away from Angora. The troll lay there, dying, with no hope of being saved.

After Angora was certain the galuds were very far away, she finally came out of her hiding place. She looked at the dying troll, but didn't approach him.
"I'm so sorry." she whispered, feeling guilty that her attempt to lend a hand had been in vain. There was nothing else she could do. Two trolls were dead, and another one got away. Whoever that other was, it was on it's own now. Not wanting to risk the galuds returning, Angora began to run as fast as she could, all five of her senses on high alert in case the monstrous lizards were nearby. She was very nervous. She had this bad feeling, but she believed it was simply her concern for the galuds and nothing else...
---
#844 Posted: 04:58:03 29/08/2018
Back at the base...
"Sounds like a plan," Latnok said. "The wyvern pens are in another section of the cave network. I will lead the way if you like. I'm sure Veris will be pleased to see you again." If Raclaw was successful, coordinating actions with Veris would be easier than ever before... Latnok eagerly looked forward to it. "Let's go. It's almost feeding time."

"Thanks and I'm sure he will be-- after he eats more than his fill.," Raclaw said with a smile and a slight laugh knowing just hungry Veris could get. Internally, he agreed with Latnok. If he was successful and if that same success could be applied to other Wyverns as well; it would mean that the Guardians and their mounts would be at an truly equal level. From the Wyvern's perspective, it meant that they could better indicate their needs/wants and do so in a direct almost-vocal manor. For the Guardians, it meant that they could directly (or semi-directly) coordinate their actions without having to resort to head gestures or similar methods. It was a service that he would've greatly appreciated as a young pup and it would only serve to strengthen the bond that the Ardent Guardians shared with their mounts. For the time being-- he would have to act as a middleman, but he was sure that the Guardians would only further any research they had into communicating with non sentient creatures, such as their own mounts.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:12:16 29/08/2018 by redwes
#845 Posted: 07:49:21 29/08/2018
Dex had just made it back to the base..... Some guardians asking him something but he could not understand what. He was only just inside and after he had stopped it took him only few seconds to be unconscious. He had used all of his energy and if that was not enough his back was still hurting a lot. Now that he saw he was inside the guardians base his adrenaline was gone and he was out for good. Only thing telling anybody he was a life was the fact he was still breathing.

Blue and Sapphire where also back at their home. It was in a coast of a Sea. A Huge abbobenned Castle which the brotherhood had taken over and renovated. It was pretty much in nowhere and most authorities had already forgot it even was there. Sapphire had the luxury of having her own room in the dungeons of the Castle. It most likely had been the living place of the jailer. But because the brotherhood was not taking prisoners, most of the dungeons where used as warehouse. Sapphires room was large enough to hold many, but it was a private one. Probably Blue had a plan to make somebody else then Sapphire happy with this special treatment.... There would be a lot of Space even for two big foxes......
Most of the brotherhood members where living in old soldiers quaters. But because they had pretty much members they had turned some other rooms to sleeping facilitys. To make sure to show How great Sapphire had it, almost all the other members only had a bed and one personal chest.... and usually there where more then five beds in one room.

There was a small harbor too. It was mostly used by the blackmarket keepers that where brave enough to make deals with the brotherhood. Sapphire already had a plan How to contact Dex. One of those blackmarket keepers, maybe even all of them where in a contact with the league. And if She could send something for Dex to the league they would take it to him. Now there was just one problem... She did not know how to write.

Blue had a room which had a pool coming directly from the sea. It was at the back of the Castle. There was also a huge tower which could only be entered from Blues room. The tower was big enough for him to use the stairs to reach the room in the top of the tower and that was the place he was now going.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:00:07 29/08/2018 by cyndego
#846 Posted: 11:36:07 29/08/2018
Latnok and Raclaw eventually reached the entrance of the pens. There at the entrance was another Guardian.
"Welcome," he said. "The wyverns have just had their food, so they're ready if you need them for a task."
"We have something a bit different in mind," Latnok said. "Where is Veris?"
"Godfather Sere's mount? He's closer to the end, in some of the more spacious areas."
The two moved throughout the spacious area, various wyvern noises being audible. The place smelled just like any other animal pen - not the most pleasant. Eventually, the two got near the end of the pen, where Veris was currently lying around, having a very large space to himself. Upon seeing Latnok and Raclaw approach, he became more alert, picking himself up and moving towards them.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#847 Posted: 12:31:17 29/08/2018 | Topic Creator
"I think it was the corruption that did this to me. I can't feel any corruption but it's influence still is affecting me" Shade said.
---
SC
#848 Posted: 12:46:43 29/08/2018
Two of the guardians where trying to wake Dex up. "This is not going to work. He needs medical treatment. I am going to take him. You go tell somebody who knows about this Fox. I only know that he was employed to work here" One of them said and took Dex and the bag he had. The one not taking Dex made his way to some higher members and they took the information ahead so soon the right persons knew that the fox was back (and also what was his situation).

Blue made his way to the top of the tower and knocked a door. " You many enter" a voice said. Blue did what was said. There was a eagle waiting him. " Master I saw the Fox I told you about earlier." Blue said. "But I guess you did not get him to join". "No but I have a plan now. I just can not understand Why can I not just kill him!" Blue said. "Silence!" The eagle said. "Do you think my existance would be so big of a seacret if everything I do did not have bigger point! We need the fox, and even that will not be enough". The Eagle said "You just worry about recruiting and leading the brotherhood, I will make my pressens known for them when the time comes" It continued. "Yes master" Blue said and made his way out.
This Eagle was in fact a human sorcerer and a powerfull one too. That much Blue knew. When he had started the brotherhood he had tried to kill This sorcerer, but got overpowered easily. In exchance of keeping his life Blue was now calling it master and doing anything it wanted. Why The Sorcerer wanted Blue just to continue his original plan about the brotherhood that was something Blue did not know, and was in fact afraid to ask.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:49:51 29/08/2018 by cyndego
#849 Posted: 13:37:55 29/08/2018
Angora continued running, not looking back. She was making her way to the camp, although she was still too far away from it. As she ran, she could see a faint glimmer of blue light at the distance.
"Please don't let it be Shady." Angora said to herself, very aware of the nightmares he still had. It has been a while since last time, but she knew that they still happened.

With the brief distraction, Angora suddenly found herself on the air, surrounded by a net. She had just fallen on a trap!
"Oh you've got to be kidding me!" she exclaimed, unable to believe her bad luck. The net was large, but even for someone like her, she wasn't small enough to fit into the holes of the net. Who did this trap? Was it the galuds? Did they have the intelligence to do something like this? She was terrified to think who it could've been, so out of sheer desperation, she started to nibble on the net quickly, wanting to get away immediately. It was a very hard net, and it tasted horrible! What was this thing made of? Angora wasn't going to waste some time finding out, so she continued to bite her way to freedom...

"I think it was the corruption that did this to me. I can't feel any corruption but it's influence still is affecting me" Shade said.

"Well, there must be something we can do. Maybe a wizard can help you. Or a doctor. Or perhaps a witch doctor. I don't know. But these awful nightmares have to stop. You almost stepped on me that time." Maverick indicated, not wanting to worry him but needing to tell him the truth so he could realize how dangerous these nightmares could be.
---
#850 Posted: 18:28:08 29/08/2018
In the infirmary, Bier found Dex, as the report said he would. He shook Dex lightly, not wanting to startle him but needing to get his attention. "Dex, this is Adjudicator Bier," he said. "Word of your success has spread rather quickly. Now, what happened? I'll draw some energy from our tree here to facilitate your healing - it will take a moment, however."
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 17 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me