Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Remember the old army topic craze? (MAIN TOPIC CREATED)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Remember the old army topic craze? (MAIN TOPIC CREATED) [CLOSED]
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#51 Posted: 16:11:47 27/04/2016
Lol, I know. It was more of a consideration because I've been a bit of a loneworker in previous army topics smilie
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10245
#52 Posted: 17:36:43 27/04/2016
Oh darn, I got too excited. I don't actually have time to set things up and watch the events, school is too crazy now that it's nearing the last two months of the semester and unlike what I thought we don't actually have holidays on May until the very end. Sorry folks, closed the Elememental Dragon Keepers army.

Don't think I won't be watching this though, I did mean it when I said it looks fun.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Samius Hunter Gems: 9303
#53 Posted: 17:48:10 27/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Okay, so here's the character sheet, along with the example sheet that I made of myself. You can't finish creating your character's yet, as the item values haven't been listed, but you can already set your choice of skills and attributes and write them down for yourself for tomorrow. Meanwhile I'll keep working on this game.

The template:
https://docs.google.com/docume...dit?usp=sharing

The example:
https://docs.google.com/docume...dit?usp=sharing

I've also created the first two battlefields! They are each on 16x27 grids.

The first one is called "Swampland". It has plenty of rough terrain and water slowing down movement in the midsection of the battlefield, but with several trees granting a bit of cover near the two deployment zones.
https://docs.google.com/drawin...dit?usp=sharing

The second one is called "Rocky cliffs". It has lots of rocky formations in the middle of the map that obstruct line of sight and grant cover.
https://docs.google.com/drawin...dit?usp=sharing

Quote: Bifrost
Oh darn, I got too excited. I don't actually have time to set things up and watch the events, school is too crazy now that it's nearing the last two months of the semester and unlike what I thought we don't actually have holidays on May until the very end. Sorry folks, closed the Elememental Dragon Keepers army.

Don't think I won't be watching this though, I did mean it when I said it looks fun.

You could join some other army, if you're not active on the topic it just means that you don't join battles.

And if you're not an army leader the game doesn't really require a lot of your attention, which saves you time as well.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:50:30 27/04/2016 by Samius
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10245
#54 Posted: 17:53:05 27/04/2016
Yeah, the main thing I knew I had to do now is just not have an army of my own. I'm seeing if I'll have time to at least get a character sheet going before the weekend, since I'm not feeling too well today because of sudden temperature drop and I should've been finished with some animations by now.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#55 Posted: 18:06:03 27/04/2016
sign here to join the "do absolutely nothing and win" army:
---
You can't handle MEMES
#56 Posted: 18:25:29 27/04/2016 | Topic Creator
If you guys have any questions about the character creation process, the skills or the attributes, I'd be happy to assist you. I don't have the document that better explains all the weapon types ready yet, but I do already know how they work. So just let me know if you have something that you're wondering about.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#57 Posted: 18:30:07 27/04/2016
There aren't prices for weaponry and armor, right?
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#58 Posted: 18:32:48 27/04/2016
Quote: Samius
If you guys have any questions about the character creation process, the skills or the attributes, I'd be happy to assist you. I don't have the document that better explains all the weapon types ready yet, but I do already know how they work. So just let me know if you have something that you're wondering about.

Can we get little descriptions for each skill? Like the ones you have for ones that you added stats to.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#59 Posted: 18:36:07 27/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: StriderSwag

No, unfortunately those aren't ready yet. I'll have the file done by tomorrow afternoon.

I should point out that the prices will be such that you won't be able to get everything that you want (unless you want very little) right away, even from the crude equipment tier. This is to give people some incentive to fight battles, because you can earn quite a lot of money that way.

For example, if you want to buy a crude platemail right away, that should be possible, but you'll be walking into your first battle with not much else. Equipment from higher quality tiers can also be purchased right from the start, but your starting coins won't be enough to buy a lot.

Quote: Seiki

Can we get little descriptions for each skill? Like the ones you have for ones that you added stats to.

Skills have all been described in the "Basics" (https://docs.google.com/docume...dit?usp=sharing) file, but I haven't been able to describe the differences between weapon types yet. Did you want to know something about those?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:38:04 27/04/2016 by Samius
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#60 Posted: 18:48:52 27/04/2016
Quote: StriderSwag

No, unfortunately those aren't ready yet. I'll have the file done by tomorrow afternoon.

I should point out that the prices will be such that you won't be able to get everything that you want (unless you want very little) right away, even from the crude equipment tier. This is to give people some incentive to fight battles, because you can earn quite a lot of money that way.

For example, if you want to buy a crude platemail right away, that should be possible, but you'll be walking into your first battle with not much else. Equipment from higher quality tiers can also be purchased right from the start, but your starting coins won't be enough to buy a lot.

Skills have all been described in the "Basics" (https://docs.google.com/docume...dit?usp=sharing) file, but I haven't been able to describe the differences between weapon types yet. Did you want to know something about those?

Thanks, I somehow missed that link.

As for weapons, not for now at least.

EDIT: Actually, I do have one question. Since the starting stats deal with our sparx rank, if we gain a rank during the game, will we automatically gain a point?
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:33:05 27/04/2016 by Seiki
#61 Posted: 09:03:36 28/04/2016 | Topic Creator
EDIT: Actually, I do have one question. Since the starting stats deal with our sparx rank, if we gain a rank during the game, will we automatically gain a point?

Yeah, that was the idea, you character evolves with your account. You may also get stat or skill raises from certain kinds of equipment.

Edit: "Weapon and armor types" doc is soon finished. I'll then start listing the item prices and stats.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:31:56 28/04/2016 by Samius
#62 Posted: 16:27:11 28/04/2016 | Topic Creator
The main topic has been created!

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=128444
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me