Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Battle for the Haven (The Missing s third act)
First | Previous | Page 32 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 48 49 50
Battle for the Haven (The Missing s third act) [CLOSED]
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8818
#1551 Posted: 03:19:54 07/10/2015
Sayan nodded and proceeded to lay down under the shade of beachside tree-- an inland beachside tree. He didn't want to go far, but could certainly use the rest.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:20:13 07/10/2015 by redwes
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8770
#1552 Posted: 03:20:30 07/10/2015
Rose found a starfish to play with and batted it around. She keept a eye on the ocean.
---
SC
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1553 Posted: 03:32:58 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo got very close to strike, but desisted, and instead stood his ground, keeping a close eye on Rose.
"Hmm, it looks like she's alert. I better wait a while." he said in his mind, knowing from years of experience when someone was on the watch. He could see Rose playing with something. He didn't know what it was, and he didn't care. It was perfect. Rose was getting distracted, so it was only a matter of time before she flinched and he could make his move...

Quote: redwes
Sayan nodded and proceeded to lay down under the shade of beachside tree-- an inland beachside tree. He didn't want to go far, but could certainly use the rest.

Sybil, feeling bad for Sayan, kept him company while Rose played.
"You didn't need to do this you know. I'm sorry for what you've been through. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have encouraged him so much..." she expressed, feeling very guilty. It was true that Sayan agreed to play, but it was her idea in the first place, so Sybil felt she was the only one to blame.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1554 Posted: 03:41:27 07/10/2015
"No.. you're not to blame. It was me who influenced you in the first place and it was me who beat him yesterday.," Sayan said shaking his head.
---
#1555 Posted: 03:43:58 07/10/2015
Rose took her eye off the water for a second as she got distracted by a silver fish.
---
SC
#1556 Posted: 03:56:18 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
There it was. No moment was more perfect. Not only did Rose lowered her guard, she got deeper into the water following that fish. With a very quiet approach, Cairo got to Rose from behind, and with a single chomp, Rose disappeared, submerged into darkness yet again. And without making a single sound, Cairo retreated into the water...

Quote: redwes
"No.. you're not to blame. It was me who influenced you in the first place and it was me who beat him yesterday.," Sayan said shaking his head.

"Well, one thing is for certain, Cairo must learn not to be so proud every time we manage to elude him. After all, we are learners too." Sybil explained, finding that ironical...

"Anyway Sayan, it looks like Cairo really did a number on you, so I'm telling you, tomorrow, if he still wants to play, just stay home or watch. I can handle the turmoil myself. Besides, it is my responsibility alone to make every resident of the Haven happy, no matter how exhausting it is." she explained, hoping that would make it up to him. She didn't even noticed the commotion behind her. Cairo's catch was so fashionably silent, she didn't hear a thing.
---
#1557 Posted: 05:21:01 07/10/2015
"Maybe... but just for tomorrow. After that, we'll all share the burden together-- always.," Sayan said sounding a tad more confident. He wasn't going to back off that easily and there was a certain thrill in facing the challenge again.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:23:04 07/10/2015 by redwes
#1558 Posted: 05:36:22 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Sybil wanted to persuade him to not get involved in the rather violent game, but seeing him content with the fact that he was going to be able to help made her let him take his own decision and share the responsibility. She was relieved that at least tomorrow he was going to take the time off.
"Alright now. If you say so. Besides, I can see us getting use to this. Who knows? Maybe there will be a point where we won't mind at all." Sybil said with confident, wanting to get use to that routine, even though it didn't seemed possible.
"I just hope Rose feels the same. I was her idea to play today anyway. Plus she is the future leader of the Haven, so she must get use to it." Sybil then commented, turning around, wanting to see Rose playing innocently on the sand. But what she saw was nothing. Rose had completely vanished without a trace.
"Um... where's Rose?" she asked, growing extremely concerned...
---
#1559 Posted: 05:40:25 07/10/2015
"Perhaps our friend came back for leftovers...," Sayan suggested. Normally he should have noticed such an act, but alas he was not at his best at the moment and Cairo was only getting sneakier.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:46:58 07/10/2015 by redwes
#1560 Posted: 05:51:51 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
What Sayan said was possibly true. If Rose had been washed away by a wave, they would have both heard the sound of water. She was still worried though, and went to where Rose was last seen. The sand in that area was squished, meaning that Cairo must have returned.
"He's still at it? I can't believe it! He wants more! Why that big lump with flippers.""Sybil said in awe, feeling even a bit embarrassed that she couldn't even hear a struggle when it happened, and finding incredible that Cairo still had energy to burn.
"Heh, this is simply amazing. I wonder how Rose is doing." she asked herself, trying not to look too worried. Rose kinda asked for it after all. Sybil looked at the horizon, but she saw nothing, not even Cairo's dorsal fin. Rose was so right. He was getting better at his sneak attacks.
---
#1561 Posted: 06:17:59 07/10/2015
Rose was playing then everything went dark. "Wah!!" Rose then calmed down a bit when she realized it was Cairo. "Man! You're getting better. I didn't even see you."
---
SC
#1562 Posted: 06:23:30 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo raised his chest with pride. He did feel like he was getting better.
"Indeed. Nothing can escape me now." he said with confidence, spitting Rose for a brief moment but sucking her in again. He then started to poke her with his tongue just to tease her.
---
#1563 Posted: 06:25:24 07/10/2015
"Hey that tickles!" Rose said as she was poked by Cairo's tongue.
---
SC
#1564 Posted: 06:32:17 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Rosie's fur also made him ticklish, but he continued to do so for a while anyway. For a moment, he started to wonder how Rose would react if he attempted the same, scary stunt he performed on Sayan just a few hours ago, but after seeing fog building up on Hunted island, he had second thoughts.
"Look Rose. The fog." he said exitedly, as he let her out and placed her on top of his head so that she could get a better view. The thick fog was just beginning to appear, and it almost looked as if the island was being engulfed by a dense, white soup. It was a beautiful sight, yet also had a sinister feel to it.
---
#1565 Posted: 08:59:16 07/10/2015
Rose climbed on top of Cairo's head. "Wow cool! I've never seen it from the sea."
---
SC
#1566 Posted: 10:35:35 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
After watching Hunted island getting submerged by the fog for nearly ten minutes, Cairo realized that it was still two hours or so before the sun sets, and he wanted to take advantage on what was left of the day. Seeing that Rose was still distracted, he took the chance to splash her tummy with water from his blowhole.
"Whoopsie. Time to get back to reality." Cairo said blissfully, wanting to resume the game.

Back at the Haven, Sybil realized that Cairo was probably going to keep Rose captive for a while. Since there was nothing she could do, she had the time to realize that all she through the day was breakfast. And she wasn't sure if Sayan even had some before the rough day began.
"Whew. I'm not sure about you, but I could really use some food right now. Want me to fish you something?" she asked Sayan, thinking it would be nice if she was the one who bring fish to anybody instead of receiving some herself like Royal often did.
---
#1567 Posted: 18:14:00 07/10/2015
"Y-yes please.," Sayan said with a nod. He would rather retrieve it himself and didn't want to appear weak, but he wasn't going to refuse Sybil's hospitality.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:15:32 07/10/2015 by redwes
#1568 Posted: 18:34:01 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Ok now. You rest here and see if you can spot Rose." Sybil suggested, almost telling him to stay away from the water, but it was obvious that he didn't need to be told.

She headed to her beloved creek, where she could see it had plenty of fish and was hoping she could catch one of the big, plump ones for Sayan. Since her body still ache from all the severe tossing, she was taking longer than usual to catch something, not to mention that her concentration wasn't at her best thinking about how Rose was having her time right now and how from now on, they needed to keep a close eye on the water if they didn't want to end up as orca toy.
---
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#1569 Posted: 19:24:12 07/10/2015
Jaerl:
The little falcon follows Sybil as she heads off to hunt. He watches he but does not speak. His sapphire blue eyes gleam in the light as he observes her.

AJ:
Curious, I walk over to the receding and incoming waves, pawing them with a paw. I have no idea where, Cario or Rose are. Still perhaps getting me into a game will help me forget the pain that I feel. My deep, dark midnight blue eyes taken in the beautiful view as I slowly step away from the beach.
#1570 Posted: 19:36:18 07/10/2015
"Hey AJ! Enjoying the sun?," Sayan says in a friendly tone as he notices the rarely seen feline pass by. He doesn't move from his resting spot, but does perk up and watches with curiosity.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:38:04 07/10/2015 by redwes
#1571 Posted: 19:36:50 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Sybil was too focused on her catch to notice Jaerl was nearby. She had assumed he returned home when she and Rose helped Sayan walk.

After about twenty minutes, all Sybil managed to catch two big basses, but she felt like she could catch something else. She set her eyes on another huge bass, but it managed to elude her, and all she could catch later was a medium sized smelt. Believing Sayan needed the food more than her, she was going to give him the two basses, while she complemented her smelt with berries she started to collect.
---
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#1572 Posted: 20:50:59 07/10/2015
AJ:
I shyly smile and wave at Sayan. Walking over to him, I lay down with him, with my head against his chest. I nuzzle him with my head.
"Yes, thank you. Sorry I haven't been out much, it's just I... Somethings are really hard after..." Unable to finish I quietly lay with Sayan

Jaerl:
The little falcon remains nearby, not worried about Sybil, not noticing him. He is content right now just being with her. His eyes glint in the light of the afternoon sun.
#1573 Posted: 21:03:49 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Sybil couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched. Now that she wasn't fishing, she was paying more attention to her surrounding. It's just been two days since Sybil began playing that harsh game with Cairo and she was already on high alert. But since she was already preoccupied with carrying the fish and berries, she dismissed the instinct as only her imagination. Besides, there couldn't be anything worse than a ten tons animal dragging you and tossing you around like you had no mass at all.
---
#1574 Posted: 21:10:09 07/10/2015
"Shh.. It's okay AJ.. it's okay. You don't need to explain.," Sayan said gently. He nuzzled him gently, comforting the feline.
---
#1575 Posted: 21:23:25 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Hello Sayan, here we are... oh. I didn't know you had company. Great to see you again AJ." Sybil greeted contently, very glad to see him indeed. Like pretty much everybody at the Haven, she trusted that AJ was feeling better and was trying his best to resume his normal life.

"Here you go Sayan. Two basses. You guys can share." she said, as she settled the fat fish in front of them. It was a good thing she brought two, even though one was pretty small when compared to the other. She then settled the smelt along with the berries and started eating herself.
---
#1576 Posted: 21:27:29 07/10/2015
Quote: Felines
After watching Hunted island getting submerged by the fog for nearly ten minutes, Cairo realized that it was still two hours or so before the sun sets, and he wanted to take advantage on what was left of the day. Seeing that Rose was still distracted, he took the chance to splash her tummy with water from his blowhole.
"Whoopsie. Time to get back to reality." Cairo said blissfully, wanting to resume the game.

Back at the Haven, Sybil realized that Cairo was probably going to keep Rose captive for a while. Since there was nothing she could do, she had the time to realize that all she through the day was breakfast. And she wasn't sure if Sayan even had some before the rough day began.
"Whew. I'm not sure about you, but I could really use some food right now. Want me to fish you something?" she asked Sayan, thinking it would be nice if she was the one who bring fish to anybody instead of receiving some herself like Royal often did.

"Wah!" Rose jumped at the sudden splash.
---
SC
#1577 Posted: 21:30:22 07/10/2015
"Thank-you. Here you go AJ.," Sayan said as he passed the larger bass to the quiet feline. He was probably the more hungry one, but it didn't feel right to do otherwise. He began to chow down on the smaller bass.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:02 07/10/2015 by redwes
#1578 Posted: 21:45:41 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Just as Sybil expected from the noble Sayan, giving the biggest fish to others even though he must have been extremely hungry. As she was halfway through her meal, she looked at the horizon. It was getting dark, and still no signs of Cairo or Rose.
"Cairo is taking his precious time out there. I hope he doesn't forget to return Rose home." she said sarcastically, but with a tone of worry.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
Quote: Felines

"Wah!" Rose jumped at the sudden splash.

Cairo laughed at her surprise, splashing her one more time.
"Yep. I still got it." he said smiling, loving to have the element of surprise. He then made his favorite tricks with Rose; sliding her down to his tail and flinging her up. And what a fling it was! Rose went into the air, reaching a shocking twenty three meters high, making Cairo proud of the enormous strength his tail just displayed. As Rose fell down, below her was once again Cairo's wide open jaws, ready to receive her with a single chomp...
---
#1579 Posted: 21:54:53 07/10/2015
"Wee!!! I'm flying!!" Rose said as she went very high. She then saw Cairo's open mouth. "Wahh!!" She screamed in excitement and a little fear.
---
SC
#1580 Posted: 22:05:04 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
With one quiet snap, it was darkness for Rose yet again. Cairo was left wondering how would she react if he did the swallowing trick, but after looking into the sky and seeing how late it was, he knew that it was time to return Rose to the Haven. He could do the trick another day. He only hoped that Sayan didn't spoil the surprise.
"Well then, I think that's enough fun for one day. Time to return." Cairo said with a bit of sorrow, still in the mood to play. He then headed towards the Haven, but instead of placing Rose on his head to give her a pleasant ride, he left her trapped within his jaws, wanting her to get use to that from now on.
---
#1581 Posted: 22:11:21 07/10/2015
"Aww! Already? I wanted to play some more!" Rose said.
---
SC
#1582 Posted: 22:15:40 07/10/2015
"I think they're returning.," Sayan sound spotting the silhouette of an orca approaching in the distance.
---
#1583 Posted: 22:19:02 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Well, it's about time. Cairo really needs to learn some self control." Sybil commented, unaware that it was Rose herself the one to blame for what was happening to her.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
"Aww! Already? I wanted to play some more!" Rose said.

Cairo was extremely tempted to continue playing, especially since Rose herself was motivating him, but he had enough will power to refuse.
"Oh believe me, I could do this all night, but it's getting really late, and miss Sybil is really tight with schedules." Cairo commented, knowing that both of them were going to get scold if Rose arrived too late, demonstrating that he still respected Sybil and was too loyal for her. In fact, he wouldn't have dared to play with her and treat her the way he did earlier if he didn't had her full permission.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:21:03 07/10/2015 by Felines
#1584 Posted: 22:26:48 07/10/2015
"Aww man!" Rose said. "Can we continue tomorrow perhaps?"
---
SC
#1585 Posted: 22:32:33 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Count on it. You'll see. Touch the water tomorrow, and you're doomed" Cairo said in a singsong voice, now unable to wait for tomorrow. Even after the ordeal of today, and Rose was still asking for more? Perhaps she was the most sturdy of the three, but of course, she had youth on her side. Rose's desire to play more was practically an invitation for Cairo to be more harsh on her the next time. What better way to test endurance?
---
#1586 Posted: 22:43:31 07/10/2015
"Can't wait! But you can bet on it I will not be that easily caught." Rose said poping her head between Cairo's lips and smiled.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:54 07/10/2015 by Spyroconvexity
#1587 Posted: 22:50:45 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo must have been very distracted to have let her out like that. He left her that way though, until they came just a few meters away from shore. Before Rose could walk away, he slurped her in and wrap his tongue around her so that she wouldn't escape.
"If you want to get out, you'll have to beg." he said muffled, repeating the same procedure as yesterday. He really loved teasing her that way.
---
#1588 Posted: 23:01:22 07/10/2015
"Oh come on Cairo!" Rose said as she tryed to get out. She couldn't. "Oh fine you win again! Pretty please! Pretty please with sugar on top!"
---
SC
#1589 Posted: 23:10:41 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo loosened his grip, but still won't open his mouth.
"Nope, you'll have to do better than yesterday." he said, practically looking forward for Rose to plead for mercy. In fact, he was planning to keep her for a little while longer, until Sybil arrived.
"Come on Cairo. I think Rose had enough." Sybil said sternly, commanding him to let her go. Cairo looked disappointed, but he didn't questioned her, so he set Rose free. He couldn't complain. He had the morning AND the afternoon of playtime, so he simply couldn't ask for more.
---
#1590 Posted: 00:08:01 08/10/2015
Rose got out of Cairo's mouth. She huged his snout. "It was fun today Cairo. Especially sense you showed me your skills catching a stingray."
---
SC
#1591 Posted: 00:17:15 08/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Wait wait, a stingray? Aren't those things venomous?" Sybil asked in shock, not even knowing those things could be consumed.
"Yes miss Sybil, but only their tails. It's just a matter of removing them carefully and you have a safe meal." Cairo kindly explained, hoping he could catch another one soon, or at least something as rare.
"If I can get another one, I will share it with you and Mr. Sayan. Trust me, they are worth it." Cairo added, winking at Rose.
"Well, I'm off then. You know the drill. You better beware of the water tomorrow..."Cairo warned, with a rather scary grin and a snap of his teeth, slowly disappearing into the water. It was as if he wasn't going to show any mercy that time, making Sybil a bit hesitant to return tomorrow. She was even starting to feel tempted to take the time off just like Sayan.
---
#1592 Posted: 00:20:25 08/10/2015
"Oh it was the most yummy breakfast I've ever had." Rose said.
---
SC
#1593 Posted: 00:27:57 08/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"I never even thought that orcas ate stingrays. I guess their diet is more varied than I thought." Sybil expressed, trying not to look too worried to Rose. After all, it was not in her usual diet, but she trusted Cairo's word that he removed the venom.
"Ok Rose, time for us to go to sleep. If enjoying the beach means we have to tolerate this harshness, we need all the energy we can get." she suggested, getting ready to head to her tree.
"Oh, and one more thing; Sayan is going to take the time off tomorrow. Cairo really went rough with him." she added, notifying Rose that they needed to be prepared to entertain him themselves. No Sayan meant that Cairo was probably going to keep them for more time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:52:49 08/10/2015 by Felines
#1594 Posted: 00:45:42 08/10/2015
Rose noded. "You're right Sybil." Rose said. "I'm going to sleep with Sayan tonight." Rose said as she helped Sayan to his den.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:55:30 08/10/2015 by Spyroconvexity
#1595 Posted: 01:05:52 08/10/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Just another typing error. Fixed it smilie

Sybil retuned to her tree. Now with all the commotion over, her body was burning badly. That Cairo really was a tough customer.
"Good evening miss." Peepers greeted, who was waiting for him.
"Hey miss, the seagulls and pelicans let it all out. They are saying how you are engaging into this intense game with Mr. Cairo." Peepers expressed, though Sybil wasn't surprised. The Haven birds were heavy gossipers. Peepers didn't know wether to be worried or be amused. He could see Sybil was in some pain, though he knew Cairo would never hurt her, at least not on purpose. He's just so big.
"Cairo has a lot of free time now that he isn't leader. He's a little rough when playing, but I promised him to play with him any time he wanted, no matter how exhausting it is." Sybil explained, with Peepers knowing too well how sacred her promises were.
"Well in that case, you do need a long rest." Good night mistress." Peepers said, flying away, with Sybil practically collapsing as soon as he was gone.
---
#1596 Posted: 01:24:23 08/10/2015
Rose walked back with Sayan. She was beginning to feel tired herself.
---
SC
#1597 Posted: 01:41:35 08/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Peepers had some information for Sybil, but it was nothing urgent or to be worried about. He went to sleep in his base, having settled it ear the border to keep an eye on the dingos.

Cairo stayed very near the Haven's shore, getting ready and exited for tomorrow morning. He was still a bit hyper, so he started to throw a bit of sand to pass time. It wasn't long before he got sleepy, so he floated gently, having a pleasant sleep. He wasn't that much of a heavy sleeper, so as soon as he felt vibrations in the waters of the shore, he was most probably going to wake up, knowing that morning would have arrived and that either Sybil, Rose or Sayan were entering the water, ready for more.

The night was serene and very quiet. Not a single disturbance. Even at Hunted island, things were peaceful, especially thanks to the fog, which lasted all night. Morning was arriving, and the seagulls and pelicans were starting to have their breakfast, with some of them settling on the rocks to see the spectacle, unaware that Sybil wasn't the only one who went through the turmoil.

So now, it happened. The sun could be seen on the horizon, yet Sybil was still asleep. And she didn't looked like she was going to wake up any time soon. There have been moments where she has waken up almost near noon, and after the ordeal of yesterday, so far, it looked like that was what was going to happen.
---
#1598 Posted: 01:52:13 08/10/2015
Sense Rose was an early riser she made her morning walks but even more careful eye on the water. She knew Cairo's tricks now.
---
SC
#1599 Posted: 02:04:00 08/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo slept through the night, but waking up time to time through it. He was in the process of opening his eyes, when he felt a small disturbance in the water. From underwater, he saw the too familiar pattern of black and orange that was Rose's fur.
My my, morning already? And look who has come to be dragged away. Cairo said in his mind, happy that he could once again resume the game he loved so much. He didn't see Sybil or Sayan anywhere, but Rose was there, and that was enough. It was really surprising for him how she was so motivated to continue such a harsh game, so he was determined to really exhaust her this time, maybe even give her a few frights.

Cairo kept a close eye on Rose, trying to find a perfect moment to charge. He didn't had any breakfast, but he wasn't even hungry. He continued to stalk the young tiger, trying to wait for her to get suddenly distracted by anything, but she was very alert. She finally was learning her lesson, but that didn't stop the big orca. With her on high guard, he knew that maybe this time, he must rely more on speed than in surprise if he wanted to get her...
---
#1600 Posted: 02:09:24 08/10/2015
Sayan remained sound asleep in his den-- and would likely remain that way for awhile unless woken.
---
First | Previous | Page 32 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me