Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Battle for the Haven (The Missing s third act)
First | Previous | Page 30 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 48 49 50
Battle for the Haven (The Missing s third act) [CLOSED]
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#1451 Posted: 02:21:20 05/10/2015
AJ:
I do not even blink as Sybil and Peepers speak about me. I lick my paw and return to laying down on my branch. My ears twitch and my tail swishes back and forth as I watch the others.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1452 Posted: 02:32:33 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Unaware that AJ was nearby, Sybil took her last drinks and laid there, looking at her reflexion. Sometimes when she did that, she found unbelievable how someone as puny as her has accomplished so much. And someone so weak looking who has cheated death way too many times.

"Oh yes. This is the life. Nothing but peace and quiet, and the calming voice of running water." Peepers commented, laying besides her. Sybil of course, knew that the idea of peace was something that didn't last much in her life.
"Peepers... do you think the dingos will keep their promise and continue their visits a secret?" Sybil said with worry. It was as if there was a conspiracy waiting to happen.
"Miss Sybil please, let's worry about that later. Nothing has happened. Don't get ahead and enjoy these moments." Peepers suggested, wanting Sybil to be stress-free for once in her life.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8770
#1453 Posted: 02:44:28 05/10/2015
Rose soon returned and approached Cairo. "Hey Cairo. I've taked to Jet and he has no problem in it. He only said to tone down the ruff housing."
---
SC
#1454 Posted: 03:15:57 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Heh, way ahead of him." Cairo said, rolling his eyes. He didn't want to hurt anyone with his games, but toning down the rough part was to him toning down the fun. He was quite buff and energetic, and the only time he could freely display such a rough form of play was when hunting seals. And speaking of food, he remembered that he hasn't had any breakfast, and was growing hungry.
"Hey, let's let the game for later, we should have some breakfast first. You should see what I managed to catch yesterday before going to sleep." Cairo said exitedly, placing Rose on his back and taking her to the rocky place where the seagulls and pelicans live. Under the rocks, he dug a very unexpected type of fish.

"See this Rose? This is a stingray. Do you have any idea how hard it is to catch one? Their tails are highly venomous, so we need to carefully bite them off, and they can hide extremely well in the sand. I haven't caught one of these in years." he explained exitedly, showing the dead stingray to Rose. He knew tigers preferred land meat, but Rose was more of a fish eater, and he doubted she ever tasted a sea fish before.
"You see? The game yesterday really helped me with my hunt. These things are dangerous, so you need good strategy. I was waiting for today to share it with someone. Care for a piece? They are really delicious." Cairo then expressed, showering himself with pride for such a magnificent catch.
---
#1455 Posted: 03:29:35 05/10/2015
"Wow! Quite a catch Cairo." Rose said. "Sure! I never had fish from the sea before."
---
SC
#1456 Posted: 03:38:42 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo then proceeded to bite the stingray in almost a perfect half, giving the smaller one to Rose. Orcas couldn't chew, but he wanted to enjoy the stingray's taste, so he lets his half in his mouth for a long while before finally swallowing.
"Oh yeah. Now this really is the life. Nothing is better than eating." he said to Rose, hoping she enjoyed the taste as well.
"Maybe I should have showed the stingray to Jet. But it doesn't matter. I'm sure I can catch another one soon." he then commented, wanting to imagine how jealous Jet would have acted if he showed him such a reclusive fish. When it came to hunting, Cairo was very proud.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:39:59 05/10/2015 by Felines
#1457 Posted: 03:59:32 05/10/2015
Rose took a bite. "Oh it's the best thing I've tasted!" She said. "It's really peaceful."
---
SC
#1458 Posted: 04:08:35 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo was proud to hear that. Now Rose had a new food to add to her menu.
"Of course you like it. Stingrays are as delicious as they are dangerous." he said sarcastically, still very proud of the catch. He usually didn't share his food with nobody, but felt like he owed her, especially since she was the one who suffered most of the rough play yesterday. Seeing that Rose was taking her time to eat, he decided to give her a small ride while she finished.

As he gently rode the waves, he took the opportunity to ask Rose something that was really bothering him.
"Hey young miss, do you think Sybil is angry at me for yesterday? It was never my intention to bring any harm." he asked, hating more than anything upsetting the one he felt too much appreciation for.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8818
#1459 Posted: 04:33:47 05/10/2015
Meanwhile, Sayan had woken up after after a longer-then-usual rest. A ruffle could be heard as Sayan, a little sore but otherwise fine, glazed a bush and proceeded to walk just past Sybil's tree.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:36:12 05/10/2015 by redwes
#1460 Posted: 04:43:37 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Since the creek was just besides Sybil's tree, she could see Sayan approaching from behind her.
"Oh. Good morning Sayan. I trust you slept well?" Sybil asked in a rather sarcastic tone, much to Peeper's confusion. She imagined that Sayan too collapsed of exhaustion after the tumultuous ordeal of yesterday.
---
#1461 Posted: 04:51:44 05/10/2015
OOC: It would interesting if a map was drawn of the island and of everyone's homes in relation to each other. smilie

"You could say I slept like a whale-- assuming that whale wasn't doing flips.," Sayan replied with a chuckle. He smiled though, not at all regretting the excitement.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:00:42 05/10/2015 by redwes
#1462 Posted: 05:15:15 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Trust me, I've been wanting to do that for a while, but college has been quite time consuming. I want the drawing to be great, which is why I've taken so much time smilie

Sybil gave a small giggle in response, with Peepers even more confused, but he didn't ask any questions.
"Well, I have a few errands to do. Nice seeing you Mr. Sayan." The warbler said, wanting the two friends to enjoy the conversation all by themselves. Sybil continued talking to Sayan.

"Well, just don't let Cairo catch you naming him a whale. Orcas are actually dolphins, and he hates the name killer whale." Sybil informed, sounding like a joke, but she was also serious in that matter.
"Anyway, better to be a whale than be inside one, huh?" she then said more jokingly, trying to return his sarcasm. She soon regretted it though, since she had that scary flashback, but did a good job hiding it so that she wouldn't ruin Sayan's day bringing up the past.
---
#1463 Posted: 05:24:46 05/10/2015
OOC: You have any... rough drafts for curiosity sake? And sorry to hear that. smilie You'll get through though, friend.

"Yeah... you're right. You could say we had a whale of a day.," Sayan replied jokingly. "You now have yourself a younger more playful more energetic orca again.," he added with a smile.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:27:44 05/10/2015 by redwes
#1464 Posted: 05:48:39 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Well, I already have an idea in my mind, but I can create a draft on these days to give the setting more life until the final work is done smilie

"Perhaps a bit too much. Not even in his younger days he was that rough." Sybil explained, still thinking it was her fault for encouraging him to play.
"I suppose he is just trying to make up for the lost time he had taking care of the pod. Still, I wish he would know his own strength." she assured, still having that dizzy feeling.
"Now I'm not sure if it's a good idea to head to the beach today." she finally commented, actually expressing some concern. Much like Rose earlier, Sybil believed Cairo was waiting to ambush them and resume that rough play.
---
#1465 Posted: 06:01:10 05/10/2015
OOC: Look forward to it. smilie

Sayan looked in the direction of the beach and then back at Sybil. "Well.. I would hope that he would have learned his lesson and maybe perhaps play a little less.. rough.," Sayan replied. Sayan's expressions didn't display much confidence in that statement and much of the same concern. "Still-- there is only one way to find out. I suppose he is making up; let's just hope that he understands that we are not orcas and that we can break.," he added. He could only imagine how Sybil dealt with him in his younger days-- even if they were less rough.
---
#1466 Posted: 06:14:32 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Sybil cautiously headed to the beach again, being glad with Sayan's company. He has proven to have faster reflexes than her, so if something did happen, he could pull her out of the way. But as they both stood on the shore, with the water just above their knees, nothing happened. When Sybil thought he was probably still asleep, it occurred to her to look at the direction of the sea bird's rocky home, and there was his unmistakable silhouette, and just above him, a pattern of orange fur and stripes she knew too well.
"Sayan... Look." she said, as she pulled his head towards the direction.
"They look... like they're talking. Whew. That's a relief. Maybe Cairo did realize he went too far... that or Jet had a talk with him." she then expressed, but whatever the reason, she was glad Cairo was in a much more mild demeanor. She wondered what Cairo and Rose were talking about, but decided to let them be for a while.
---
#1467 Posted: 06:30:10 05/10/2015
Sayan laid down at the edge of the beach, relaxing and taking in the sun. "Perhaps. Nevertheless, this could possibly bring out the youth in all of us and that can't entirely be a bad thing. Might be a sign of something good, some normal returning to our lives-- perhaps for good.," he said looking on the bright side.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:42:19 05/10/2015 by redwes
#1468 Posted: 06:47:02 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Sayan's words really inspired Sybil. He was right. She has been cranky this entire time. Cairo's new cheerful behavior was a chance for them to resume the happy life that the Haven was suppose to be about. Maybe that was the chance to return to their youth.
"You know what? You're right. Maybe we were a bit unfair to Cairo. He dealt with the pressures of his pod for many years. Being free of that responsibility has really given him life. In fact, if it makes him happy, I'm willing to let him thrash me around as much as he pleases." Sybil said cheerfully, willing to get positive on the matter. Playing with him was exhausting and initially scary, but it was a bit fun, and she was willing to make that a routine. After all, Cairo has done way too much for her.
---
#1469 Posted: 06:53:32 05/10/2015
"I'm not sure how far I'd be willing to go, but I see no harm in the long run. We aren't getting any younger and I admit-- it was kinda fun. Exhausting... but fun.," Sayan said.
---
#1470 Posted: 06:59:27 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Well, you had the brightest side of the deal. You were the only one that managed to avoid him. And you were only caught by him for a brief time." Sybil pointed out, believing Sayan had admirable reflexes despite being caught the second time, since that one time was taken by complete surprise.
---
#1471 Posted: 07:04:56 05/10/2015
"You're right. I've had my fair share of experiences to prepare me for that kind of thing.," Sayan said with a chuckle. His statement was that of a light hearted nature and not to look down on the past.
---
#1472 Posted: 07:12:59 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
By the time Sybil and Sayan finished talking, Rose and Cairo were hidden by the rocks, probably still talking. Sybil wondered how Cairo would react to the news that she was going to allow him to play whatever way he wanted. While she waited, she laid on the wet sand, hearing the sound of the ocean and enjoying Sayan's company. Thanks to him, she wanted to think positive. In terms of the dingos, she had faith that they were going to continue their presence a secret. After all, that was necessary for both parties to have peace. The dingo leader must know that he wasn't very welcomed at the Haven, especially by the elephants, so it was both beneficial to him and Sybil if the deal they made is never brought to light.
---
#1473 Posted: 09:12:36 05/10/2015
Quote: Felines
Cairo was proud to hear that. Now Rose had a new food to add to her menu.
"Of course you like it. Stingrays are as delicious as they are dangerous." he said sarcastically, still very proud of the catch. He usually didn't share his food with nobody, but felt like he owed her, especially since she was the one who suffered most of the rough play yesterday. Seeing that Rose was taking her time to eat, he decided to give her a small ride while she finished.

As he gently rode the waves, he took the opportunity to ask Rose something that was really bothering him.
"Hey young miss, do you think Sybil is angry at me for yesterday? It was never my intention to bring any harm." he asked, hating more than anything upsetting the one he felt too much appreciation for.

"No. She probably thought you played a little ruff yesterday. Hey she's probably still up to play with you today." Rose said as she finished her stingray. "Don't worry Cairo she's been through a lot worse."
---
SC
#1474 Posted: 11:14:33 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"That's just it. She's been through a lot lately to have it worse because of me." Cairo complained, feeling awful. When Rose finished up her stingray, he realized something.
"I caught that stingray thanks to the game yesterday. It really improved my abilities... but... that means I'm using you guys as practice. I mean, that's nothing to be done to your friends." he finished expressing himself, finding that wrong, event though the stingray was worth it. The tossing around he did with Rose yesterday was a technique orcas used with seals to tire them out, meaning that he went almost completely full hunting mode with his own friends...
---
#1475 Posted: 20:18:40 05/10/2015
"Look I know you feel bad but like you said yesterday we are tough. Without play there would be no haven." Rose said.
---
SC
#1476 Posted: 22:39:11 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo smiled at that remark. Rose practically was giving him permission to repeat yesterday's experience. He still believed that it was a bit cruel using your friends and hunting dummies, but after catching that stingray, it was all very worth it.
"Well now, I guess it's settled then. Besides, I know it was a harsh experience to you guys, but look at the results. You just had the best meal of your life." Cairo remarked happily, looking forward to more reclusive prey like that one.
---
#1477 Posted: 22:42:58 05/10/2015
"I hope your skills get even better!" Rose said. She then saw Sybil's silhouette on the haven shore. "Hey Cairo I got an idea. How about we sneak up on Sybil. Just to say good morning."
---
SC
#1478 Posted: 22:51:45 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo wasn't so sure. He believed Sybil was still mad at him, unaware of her resolution.
"Hmm... I'm not sure. It's just that it's so early... and... well, she probably had breakfast too. Shouldn't we wait a little?" Cairo asked, really nervous of the idea of sneaking up to her again if yesterday disappointed her...
---
#1479 Posted: 22:58:01 05/10/2015
"Nonsense. We're just going to give her a small scare." Rose said. "Nothing wrong with that."
---
SC
#1480 Posted: 23:06:05 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
After a bit more persuasion, Cairo was finally convinced. Besides, that new, playful him made him happy, so all he could do was hope that Sybil understood.
"Alright then young miss. But I need to hide underwater, so you better hold your breath." Cairo warned, but before he submerged, he had an idea that he believed it could be fun.
"Hey, how about this? As soon as we reach the shore, you jump in front of Sybil, grab her, and throw her towards me? I bet that will really surprise her." Cairo said, finding the idea fun, but also believing that if Sybil got upset, then at least he won't be the only one to blame.
---
#1481 Posted: 23:08:30 05/10/2015
"Sounds like a plan. But just stop just before her and say good morning Sybil!"
---
SC
#1482 Posted: 23:21:06 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Sybil was still at the shore, having started to do a sand castle. She hasn't done one in a long time with all the past hassle of the Haven, but those were peaceful times, and Cairo seemed very distracted with Rose, so that moment of tranquility was very welcomed.
"Heh heh, I can just imagine Cairo's happiness when he finds out we will allow him to play whatever he wants." Sybil said quietly to Sayan, but before the leopard could reply, a big wave soaked them wet, and Sybil's castle got destroyed.

"Good morning miss Sybil." Cairo said, a few yards away from her, smiling. Sybil wasn't upset about the sand castle,. What was more, she responded with a cheerful hello, believing that to be just a cordial visit...
---
#1483 Posted: 23:23:34 05/10/2015
"Did we scare her?!" Rose said poping up on Cairo's head.
---
SC
#1484 Posted: 23:27:42 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Not that much." Cairo whispered, thinking that Sybil could have been expecting that. Rose, however, could't be seen on top of his head thanks to it and his big dorsal fin hiding her.
"Cairo? Where's Rose? Did you dropped her off?" Sybil asked, still wondering what they talked about.
---
#1485 Posted: 23:30:44 05/10/2015
"I don't think so...," Sayan said suspecting that something was up.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:31:48 05/10/2015 by redwes
#1486 Posted: 23:36:58 05/10/2015
Suddenly Rose tackled Sybil. "SURPRISE!!" Rose said laughing.
---
SC
#1487 Posted: 23:43:03 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
As Sybil got confused at Sayan's remark, she gave a gasp as she was tackled off. After recovering, she found it amusing how the two of them formed that partnership to take her by surprise. So maybe that was what they were talking about.
"You sneaky duo. You had it made." she said chuckling, much to Cairo's ease. That tackle wasn't exactly his plan, but it was fun anyway.
---
#1488 Posted: 23:47:15 05/10/2015
"And pop goes the weasel.," Sayan said with a chuckle comparing the duo to that of a jack-in-the-box.

OOC: The toy.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:48:28 05/10/2015 by redwes
#1489 Posted: 23:55:25 05/10/2015
"We got you Sybil!" Rose said laughing.
---
SC
#1490 Posted: 00:02:47 06/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Sybil could see the gleam on Rose's eyes. Finally, after weeks of suffering and sorrow due to that stupid war, she finally looked genuinely happy. There was no telling how rewarding that was to Sybil.

Quote: redwes
"And pop goes the weasel.," Sayan said with a chuckle comparing the duo to that of a jack-in-the-box.

OOC: The toy.

OOC: I know smilie

Sybil knew what Sayan was talking about, since she did saw that toy once years ago in her enclosure. It wasn't something easily forgotten.
"Well now Cairo, you're happy, Rose is happy, that's all it matters." Sybil said smiling, still not looking forward to be tossed around like a rag doll, but she made a promise to herself.
"Cairo... if you enjoyed the game yesterday, I should tell you, if it made you happy, them I'm into it." Sybil remarked, much to Cairo's utter shock. What was more, Sybil even approached the big orca more so that it would be easier for him to capture her. Cairo simply looked at Sayan, wondering what he was thinking about the matter. That was something he didn't expect to hear from Sybil's lips. Sybil responded by looking sneakingly at Sayan, almost as if she was challenging him to be Cairo's next toy once he was finished with her.
---
#1491 Posted: 00:09:23 06/10/2015
"Ohhh! Yay! Time to play Sneak Attack!" Rose said.
---
SC
#1492 Posted: 00:21:06 06/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo took a while to assimilate what Sybil just said. He interpreted Sayan's silence as that he wasn't willing to play the game, at least not today. But he just had permission to play, and even though he was probably going to be rough, he was going to try not to be.
"Well... if you say so miss. Besides, the game really is a thing of wonder. Just ask the young miss what I caught yesterday." Cairo said happily, winking at Rose. One thing was for certain; if the game did became a routine, Cairo would never get rusty in his hunt, and he was even willing to share his rare, future catches with the trio as a reward.
---
#1493 Posted: 00:40:09 06/10/2015
"YAY!!" Rose jumped in joy. "I bet you cant sneak up on us this time Cairo!"
---
SC
#1494 Posted: 00:51:22 06/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo simply gave a chuckle after realizing Rose didn't heard a word he said. She really was motivated to play again. Sybil didn't like the idea of the sneak attack, which is why she wanted Cairo to catch her without effort and get that over with. But obviously, that would take away Cairo's fun.
"Well, miss Sybil. Can't back away now." he said with a grin, pushing her to shore and retreating into the water. He really was looking forward for that day, and was really wishing all that could become a routine.
"Well Rose, time to separate. We don't want him to catch us at the same time like yesterday." she recommended, going the other way. She didn't know if Sayan was into the game considering he wasn't as willing to go over that turmoil, but if he was, well, that was his decision.
---
#1495 Posted: 01:07:07 06/10/2015
"Right. Keep an eye out for him Sybil he's gotten a lot better." Rose said walking the other way.
---
SC
#1496 Posted: 01:29:52 06/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Sybil walked around the shore, listening to the water. She knew that the game helped her be more alert and better her reflexes, but she wasn't much into it, at least not like yesterday. She looked at the ocean, and couldn't see a thing. How did Cairo managed to remain hidden so well, especially with such a humongous dorsal fin? It was really admirable how orcas developed such strategy.

Cairo was nearer to her than she expected, belly up so that his dorsal fin wouldn't give him away. He at first was planning to go after Rose, but decided to give her some free time so that she could digest the stingray better. He waited for Sybil to lower her guard just for a tiny moment, and with his incredible speed, he turned on his back... and tackled!

Sybil could see his dorsal fin approaching her from the distance and she jumped out of the way. She really thought she managed to avoid him that time, but now she could see he was wrong. Cairo managed to grab the tip of her tail, and began to drag her into the water. As much as Cairo appreciated Sybil, not even she was safe from his infantile behavior when he poured his heart into the game. After it was certain she couldn't escape, Cairo proceeded to do exactly what he did to Rose yesterday; throwing her very high into the air and catching her in his mouth every time she dropped. For Sybil, it was quite fun being in the air. It was almost as if she was flying, but it was also very exhausting. She could see Cairo very happy, and that was what really mattered. Every time he threw her, he didn't missed catching her even once. He was indeed happy, he continued playing this way with her... for almost half an hour!
---
#1497 Posted: 01:40:38 06/10/2015
"Man Cairo is really having fun." Rose said to herself.
---
SC
#1498 Posted: 02:12:26 06/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo's intense play caught the attention of the seagulls, who in one of the throws, saw Sybil in the air.
"What the hey?" one of them said, getting out of his nest to get a better view.
"Hey guys! You are not the only ones who can fly!" she said sarcastically while in the air at the growing spectators, and as she began to drop again into Cairo's open maw. Was that really Cairo? Why was he treating the Haven's leader, someone he loved so much, like a toy?
"Don't worry guys! This is just..." Sybil said while in the air again, as the pattern repeated itself.
"... a game." she finished, as she dropped yet again. The seagulls, and later the pelicans as well, were in shocking disbelief. Either Sybil or Cairo had lost their sanity, or Sybil was twistedly testing her endurance.

The same pattern repeated itself for almost half an hour more, and Cairo wasn't even tired. The marine birds left for their nests once they got use to the sight. Cairo was as pumped as ever, and didn't even realized how much time had passed. With one last fling, Sybil got on her highest point yet, and Cairo caught her mid air, making one gigantic splash that made them both disappear for a moment.

Cairo was more happy than ever knowing that in all that time playing, Jet didn't show up to spoil the fun. Letting Sybil out and placing her on his head, he gently swam to shore and brought her in.
"Oh my oh my oh my! That... that was... so much fun! Oh my dear miss. You are the best! I can feel muscles I didn't even know I had!" he commented with a wide smile, with Sybil smiling back, but there was no hiding it. Her fur was messed up and covered in drool, she was all wobbly and her eyes were out of focus. No doubt it was intense the ordeal she had.
---
#1499 Posted: 02:15:52 06/10/2015
Rose by now was just sitting. She wasn't really paying attention much anymore. She even built a sandcastle to pass the time.
---
SC
#1500 Posted: 02:23:27 06/10/2015
Sayan watched for now, relaxing and biding his time. As Sybil's turn ended and Cairo showed his excitement, he smiled but also showed slight concern. "Are you okay Sybil?," he asked with a chuckle.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:24:41 06/10/2015 by redwes
First | Previous | Page 30 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me