Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Battle for the Haven (The Missing s third act)
First | Previous | Page 29 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 48 49 50
Battle for the Haven (The Missing s third act) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1401 Posted: 22:39:26 03/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"I'm still the best hunter." Cairo said happily, opening his mouth and releasing Sybil and Rose gently on the sand.
"This was indeed a great game. Care to try again? I won't take long this time." he then asked, still extremely motivated and looking sneakily at the three. He wasn't going to let anyone know who he planned to catch next.
"Well, somebody is in high spirit." Sybil said, content with that distraction, she has even forgotten that the dingos were possibly at the Wetland hunting pigeons or anything else that could live there. She then looked at Sayan and Rose, wondering if they were still in the mood of playing.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8818
#1402 Posted: 22:43:04 03/10/2015
"I'm game... Rose?," Sayan said in a unusually cheerful mood.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#1403 Posted: 22:50:30 03/10/2015 | Topic Creator
With Sayan's response was enough. Cairo was so motivated to continue that game since it was more like training. Sayan, Sybil and Rose were faster animals on land than seals, so it really meant he was improving. He retreated into the ocean, pacing for about just two minutes this time. Sayan was his next target, and with a big wave, he moved towards him, ready to grab him...
---
#1404 Posted: 22:56:15 03/10/2015
Sayan had predicted Cairo's action, seeing as how he had gone after the other two just pror. He kept an eye on the movements of the water and with the incoming wave-- prepared to to jump back just as Cairo would likely try to get him.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:56:55 03/10/2015 by redwes
#1405 Posted: 23:00:28 03/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo was just inches of grabbing Sayan, but he narrowly missed. He then realized that Sayan might have been prepared for this action considering that he already caught Sybil and Rose.
"I created a big wave that washed you away. That is all." he said proudly, excusing his miss and trying not to look upset. It could also have been that he was overconfident, since he didn't tackle Sayan as fast as he did Sybil and Rose.
---
#1406 Posted: 23:20:16 03/10/2015
"Don't worry... you did good.," Sayan said trying to encourage Cairo. He was surprised how close Cairo got-- a very promising sign.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:38:10 03/10/2015 by redwes
#1407 Posted: 23:44:07 03/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Even though Sybil was a few feet away, she could feel the tension within Cairo. She has known him for years after all. She knew he could be a sore loser.
"Come on Cairo, we are still playing." she said, splashing a bit of water teasingly. This was enough for him to make Cairo retreat and continue the game. Although Sybil was alert, she was sure that he would go after Sayan again to amend his mistake. It initially seemed that way, but then he changed his direction at the last minute and was now going after... her. He wanted to be more unpredictable than last time, and it did work. Sybil didn't have time to react, and this time, she was flung into the air. The idea was for her to fall vertically and right into Cairo's mouth, but he failed to calculate the angle of throw and she instead fell in an inverted U pattern, landing right on top of a palm tree.

"Woooh! That was intense! Quite scary, but fun! Now I know what you felt Sayan." she said as she slid down the trunk, chucking at the silly event. Cairo felt really bad for trying such a stunt. He could have seriously hurt her.
"Maybe we should stop playing." he said with a gloomy air, believing that once again, playing with him was dangerous. But Sybil didn't want him to low his self esteem for that.
"Come on Cairo, don't exaggerate. It was fun, really. I live on a tree. I have fallen down many times from it and I'm still standing. You couldn't have hurt me." she then said in a very sweet voice, missing Cairo's eager spirit from earlier.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8770
#1408 Posted: 00:10:24 04/10/2015
"Come on Cairo I beet you cant catch me!" Rose said as she splashed some water at him.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:10:54 04/10/2015 by Spyroconvexity
#1409 Posted: 01:02:08 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo was still a bit depressed, but Rose's tease brought back his competitive nature. He looked at her with a grin, but while it looked like he was going to charge at her, he instead retreated into the water... and jumped, creating an enormous wave that washed her away towards him, and almost Sybil and Sayan themselves. But instead of catching her in his mouth, he blocked her way into the shore.
"How's that for unpredictable?" he said with pride, moving his flippers a if applauding.
---
#1410 Posted: 01:22:14 04/10/2015
"Haha! I've seen better!" Rose said teaseing him playfully. "Try to catch me!"
---
SC
#1411 Posted: 01:30:46 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo saw her swimming away, rolling his eyes and chuckling. Did Rose really believed she could swim away from him? He gave her a head start, and like a huge water torpedo, charged after her. He sucked her in like a whale shark would do with plankton.
"You swim well. Great thing you learned, but you can't outrun an orca." he said teasingly, shaking her from inside to tease her.
---
#1412 Posted: 01:34:29 04/10/2015
Sayan gave a slight chuckle and looked at Sybil. "Never seen him so youthful before," he commented.
---
#1413 Posted: 01:39:03 04/10/2015
"Maybe some day I could Cairo!" Rose said within his mouth.
---
SC
#1414 Posted: 01:54:45 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: redwes
Sayan gave a slight chuckle and looked at Sybil. "Never seen him so youthful before," he commented.

"I did. It was before he became leader. Giving that position to Jet has really done wonders to his personality." Sybil analyzed, realizing that not being leader anymore is what caused this sudden change. It was really refreshing see him act as if he has reverted to the young orca she saved.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
"Maybe some day I could Cairo!" Rose said within his mouth.

Cairo smiled at her thought of thinking that she, a land animal, believed she could swim faster than a natural marine animal like him. But it was cute that she could dream like that.
"But in the meantime, I'm the winner." he said, like a child who just won a big race. He then spat Rose high into the air, much to Sybil's shock. But unlike last time with her, Rose fell vertically, and he caught her yet again. He was getting into his early high spirit again, and he seemed very into the game. He did the same toss three times more, catching Rose every time. He was having the time of his life, but Sybil was starting to wonder if he was overdoing it...
---
#1415 Posted: 01:57:42 04/10/2015
"Easy Cairo! You're making me sick!" Rose said as she was taust around.
---
SC
#1416 Posted: 02:00:45 04/10/2015
Sayan watched as the tiger went into the air-- repeatedly. "Wonders indeed.," he commented also seeming concerned.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:01:12 04/10/2015 by redwes
#1417 Posted: 02:05:38 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyroconvexity
"Easy Cairo! You're making me sick!" Rose said as she was taust around.

"Oh come on. It was only a few throws. You are stronger than that." he said, still in the mood of that rough play. He then tossed her again, almost twenty meters high this time, but instead of waiting for her to be at his level, he caught her mid air, proud to know that he still had that agility.

Quote: redwes
Sayan watched as the tiger went into the air-- repeatedly. "Wonders indeed.," he commented also seeming concerned.

Sybil was watching from shore, initially happy at this recent, playful Cairo, but she was starting to get a bit worried. She looked at Sayan and realized she wasn't the only one. She felt like she needed to interfere, but she didn't want him to feel sad like last time. She was at a loss of what to do.
---
#1418 Posted: 02:12:23 04/10/2015
"Cairo you're getting a little rough!" Rose said laying down from exoustion in his mouth.
---
SC
#1419 Posted: 02:20:32 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo heard her, but this left him disappointed. He really wanted to play more.
"Come on, I thought you were stronger than that." he said, not wanting to realize that not everyone is as sturdy and rough as him. Rose was still young after all.
"Fine. But if you want out, you have to say pretty please." he then said teasingly, swimming to shore to drop her off once she said those words.

Sybil watched with a little embarrassment as Cairo approached. She could tell Rose was not liking that new game, and that Cairo was acting a bit more childish than she expected. But he seemed ready to drop her off, so that was a good sign.
---
#1420 Posted: 02:23:44 04/10/2015
"Pretty please with sugar on top." Rose said with a chuckle. "Ok Cairo you win."
---
SC
#1421 Posted: 02:46:11 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
This pleased Cairo, whom with a final shake, let Rose go. Sybil gave a nervous smile to Cairo, thanking him for not going any further with that rough play. Unfortunately, he wasn't over. When he looked as if he was going to leave, he turned around unexpectedly, catching Sayan this time. He didn't even gave him a chance to react.
"Come on Cairo. We already know you are the best." Sybil said worriedly, finding it unbelievable that Cairo still had the energy to play. She then hold on to his tail, trying to stop him.

"Now that is unpredictable, isn't it?" he said happily to both Sayan and Sybil, not hearing a word she said. He then looked at Sybil holding on, and assumed she was feeling left out.
"Want to play too miss?" he said, flinging his tail and tossing her up. He wasn't willing to make the same mistake as before, so with better reflexes, he caught her in mid air similarly to how he did to Rose earlier. But since he couldn't catch Sayan and Sybil at the same time, he instead disappeared into the water, with his mouth tightly closed so that no water could enter and risk drowning them. He then started rolling around, shaking up Sybil and Sayan in the process. He really was taking things far.
"Come on Cairo, don't you think this is a bit too much?" she said with difficulty, getting dizzy. But Cairo couldn't speak underwater, and was having too much fun to hear her...
---
#1422 Posted: 02:56:31 04/10/2015
"Cairo! Stop!" Jet said. He had been watching the whole playing. "I think they had enough. They aren't as durable as we orcas are."
---
SC
#1423 Posted: 03:03:33 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo didn't say a word until he turned around to shore and released both Sybil and Sayan, who were wobbling. It was then that he returned to him to answer.
"Please! We were just playing. Why don't you take care of the pod like a normal leader?" Cairo said furiously, realizing that it was only a matter of time before Jet would spoil the game.
"They are stronger than they look you know, and this rough play help them grow their endurance." he then said as an excuse, not regretting the game. What was more, he was looking forward to play again tomorrow.
---
#1424 Posted: 03:14:00 04/10/2015
"I am looking after the pod Cairo. But just be careful they are smaller than you are." Jet said.
---
SC
#1425 Posted: 03:22:58 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Whatever..." Cairo said indifferently, swimming away to shore. He then approached the trio and whispered.
"Let's play again tomorrow." he said with a smile, willing to ignore Jet the next time.

A still dizzy Sybil looked at her companions, collapsing after that rough play.
"What have I done?" she said with guilt, never expecting that side of Cairo. What began as an innocent game of tag ended up with a twisted game of catch, and she felt it was his fault for motivating Cairo too much.
---
#1426 Posted: 03:34:40 04/10/2015
"Good now I have some things to take care of." Jet said before swimming off.
---
SC
#1427 Posted: 03:49:11 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo swam away too, heading to Hunted island, having grown extremely hungry after burning up all that energy. Plus, he wanted to test his new found reflexes with the seals, but then realized he wasn't in the mood for seal meat, and started to hunt some chinook. He did have quite a feast, so he was now happy. But then he started to wonder if he did went too far with the game. Maybe it was a good thing that Jet interrupted, however, he was still looking forward to play tomorrow, but he was going to go soft on them that time.

Sybil believed it was better if the three of them retired for the night. After such an active day, she imagined that both Sayan and Rose were both hungry and exhausted after such heavy ordeal.
"Come on guys. Time to leave. I'll think on what to do tomorrow." she said, imagining that neither of them wanted to go through that again.
---
#1428 Posted: 15:14:40 04/10/2015
"That was fun but I think he got alittle ruff near the end." Rose said.
---
SC
#1429 Posted: 15:27:38 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Don't worry. I won't let it happen again." Sybil assured, though she would have to find a way to tell Cairo off without offending him. With the game now over, Sybil returned to her painful reality. She was reminded that the dingos were possibly still inside the Haven, so without looking suspicious, she walked as if she was returning to her tree.
"Good night Rose." she said politely before storming off.

She arrived at the border's opening, where she could see nothing, not even paw prints. Just a few seconds later, Peepers arrived to give her the latest news.
"Good evening miss. I trust that you had the time off you needed?" he asked. If only he knew.
"The dingo leader used his path and went to the Wetland, just as he said he would, but he and the pack were very careful not to be seen by the other Haven residents. They even wiped off their trail." Peepers explained, showing the muddy floor, clearly messy.
"They hunted a few pigeons, but they didn't seem to like them very much, so that's good news. He said however that he plans on returning soon, and that you would have to make the path bigger." he concluded, with Sybil scoffing at that last part. At least the dingos were discrete in their presence, but it infuriated her that they planned on returning even if they didn't like the food. So why the need?
---
#1430 Posted: 15:48:38 04/10/2015
"Good night Sayan." Rose said. "I'm going to see what Sybil is doing. She seemed very seclusive lately." Rose said following her tracks. She saw they didn't go to her tree but to the swamp. "Why would she be out here?"
---
SC
#1431 Posted: 16:12:07 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
It was a good thing that Peepers and Sybil finished their conversation just in time, because Rose would have heard what they were talking about. Peepers secretly signaled Rose behind Sybil, and once she turned, it was as if her stomach had dropped. Rose was there, but she didn't looked disappointed or upset, which meant that she didn't hear anything.
"Rose. What are you doing here? I thought you were going to sleep." Sybil said, using that little time to think of a convincing excuse on why she was there.
---
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#1432 Posted: 17:43:56 04/10/2015
AJ:

I however am up and about. Nighttime is my time to hunt. Hidden within the dense trees of the forest, I hunt my prey. I can hear Sybil and Rose talking but do not interrupt them.
#1433 Posted: 17:56:24 04/10/2015
"I wanted to make sure you are safe." Rose said. "What are you doing out here?"
---
SC
#1434 Posted: 18:02:07 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
By the time she asked, Sybil came with an excuse that she hoped was convincing enough for Rose to stop asking so many questions.
"Oh, I just came here on a short notice. Peppers here told me of a little landslide here and I just came to investigate. Nothing serious though." she assured, masking the nervousness of her voice. She had plenty of time to do this when she assumed her Matthews disguise.
---
#1435 Posted: 18:51:06 04/10/2015
"I didn't see any landslide Sybil. Tell me why are you really here? " Rose asked.
---
SC
#1436 Posted: 20:06:57 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"The landslide occurred just last night. It was very small and silent. Nothing serious." Sybil answered, a little upset that Rose was asking too many question. She hated to invent stories. And since the dingos were being very discrete in their visit, now more than ever she wanted to keep their presence a secret.
---
#1437 Posted: 21:34:29 04/10/2015
Rose suspected something was up.
---
SC
#1438 Posted: 00:34:16 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Sybil then gave a yawn, and headed to the direction of her tree.
"Well now, I need one serious rest right now. Yoy should do the same." she said to Rse, almost sounding like an order. Peepers decided to do the same and flew off before Rose could question him. He wasn't as good as a liar as Sybil learned to be.
---
#1439 Posted: 00:45:01 05/10/2015
"Well see you tomorrow Sybil." Rose said. She then began to walk away. She turned her head back at Sybil. "You know I care about you Sybil.
---
SC
#1440 Posted: 00:58:14 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Sybil simply gave a quick glance, and continued walking. She didn't need anyone to care for her, she did the caring, or at least that was what her mind dictated at the moment. After the war, it was suppose to be a peaceful time. For the rest of the residents, it was, but not for her. So far, the dingo leader has been quite a gentleman with her, and has kept his promises, but she was afraid that he and the rest of the pack might get too far someday, taking advantage of their right to explore the Haven.

Sybil wouldn't have gotten any sleep that night, if it wasn't for all the thrashing around she went through with Cairo. Her body gave a quick shut down, but her mind was still too active. She didn't know if it was her worry for the dingo's free access or the fact that she needed to lie to Rose in order to keep that secret. Both no doubt.

The next morning she woke up, it was still dark. Only an hour before the sun appeared, but she couldn't sleep anymore. She took what little night was left for a quick breakfast and continue with the expansion. And what was more, she was creating a lot of excuses in her mind just in case Rose had the idea of coming back there. She was making sure she was ready to lie more convincingly and keep her off the painful truth.
---
#1441 Posted: 01:19:46 05/10/2015
Soon the sun was rising and Rose went on her morning walk on the beach. She was still watching the sea just in case Cairo was waiting to ambush her.
---
SC
#1442 Posted: 01:26:22 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Much like Sybil, Cairo got up very early, right at the peak of the sun rising. He took a quick glance at the Haven to see if there was any activity, but while he didn't expect any, there he could see Rose, pacing around. This took him by surprise, since he thought Rose would want to avoid the beach after the brutal game he played with her yesterday. After retiring last night, he finally realized that, and was really embarrassed by the display. He then headed to the shore very slowly to meet up with Rose, raising his dorsal fin so that she could see him beforehand...
---
#1443 Posted: 01:29:08 05/10/2015
Rose saw Cairo and waited for him. "Good morning Cairo!"
---
SC
#1444 Posted: 01:37:41 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Hey..." Cairo greeted back in a low voice, feeling awkward. He though Rose was going to run away from him and she just proved him wrong.
"Rose, I just wanted to take the time to apologize for my behavior yesterday. I got really carried away. It's just not often somebody wants to play with a big guy like me." he excused, even though deep inside, he wanted to repeat the experience if Rose and the others gave him permission.
---
#1445 Posted: 01:41:40 05/10/2015
"I understand. But hey it was fun!" Rose said. "Hey if the others are up for it maybe we can play that game again?"
---
SC
#1446 Posted: 01:47:47 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Wait... you mean the very same game?" Cairo asked, shaking his head. Just when he thought Rose was simply traumatized by yesterday.
"Well... that would be cool. I mean, it was fun. I never have the liberty to play with someone that way." he expressed, looking forward for more of that rough play, though he was going to be more careful than yesterday.
"Oh right, before we get into it, you might wanna call Jet and tell him about it. The big jerk thought I was hurting you all." he then commented, still not getting over that interruption, even though it was necessary at the time.
---
#1447 Posted: 01:56:03 05/10/2015
"I will tell him." Rose said. "Mr. Jet!"

Jet was on his morning patrol and was nearby. He heard Rose call for him and swam up. "Good morning miss Rose."

"Good morning Jet." Rose said. "Cairo wanted me to tell you that we are going to play that game again. He wasn't hurting us just a little ruff play." Rose said.

"Well......ok. But tone down the ruff house." Jet said.
---
SC
#1448 Posted: 02:07:31 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo simply waited for Rose to return. He couldn't stand the sight of Jet.

In the meantime, Sybil had found an easier way to expand the cluster of rocks that was the border's opening. Peepers was watching her and being on guard just in case Rose or anyone curious was running around. A few drops of rocks from below expanded the opening big time. Now it could fit at least two dingos, so Sybil really hoped she wasn't going to receive any complains. That accidental rockslide saved her like two days of work. Now with a bigger opening, she was hoping she didn't need to return to that infernal place. But the opening was much more noticeable than before, so in order to dissimulate it, Sybil placed a few rocks that formed steps and placed leaves around the opening like a curtain so that nobody could see the hole. This last part took her almost half an hour, but after she was done, she headed to the creek for a well deserved drink of water, with the always loyal Peepers by her side.
"Thank you so much for helping me these days Peepers. I don't know what would I do without you." Sybil said very grateful, with Peepers feeling proud. Neither of the birds liked to visit the swamp, so he was absolutely the only bird that knew the dingo secret. Knowing that Sybil trusted him so much was really rewarding.
---
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#1449 Posted: 02:10:13 05/10/2015
AJ:
I have returned to my tree and am watching the others from a large tree branch. I do not speak as I see them enjoying themselves, just silently watch. My deep, dark midnight blue eyes gleam in the light as I observe them.
#1450 Posted: 02:13:58 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
As Sybil drank, she was reminded of something.
"By the way Peepers, have you checked on AJ? I have seen him a few times at the tree, but he rarely leaves it." she asked, expressing some deep concern.
"Well, I did saw him yesterday, outside the tree, so that's good news. He's trying really hard to resume his normal life." Peepers answered, believing that to be the case. At least he was eating and taking his walks, but Sybil still made sure he was under high surveillance.
---
First | Previous | Page 29 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me