darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015)
First | Previous | Page 84 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 107 108 109
Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#4151 Posted: 03:50:49 18/08/2015
"It's not like the old ones and this game SUCKS because of Viechles!" That sums up just about everyone I talk to about this game.

On a brighter note I LOVE Trigger Happy's car. It looks like a mix of a bike and dragster. It perfectly fits the daredevil that is Trigger Happy.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#4152 Posted: 04:46:45 18/08/2015
Quote: BoneGrunt
Questions about the Racing Action Packs :

How will the 6 unlockable courses from the Action Packs work with Online Mode? Are they not apart of the Online Mode since anyone that didn't purchase the Action Packs could play on them then, or, if they are apart of Online Mode, would this prevent those that didn't purchase the Action Packs from playing on them (since they're "locked" on their game)?

Perhaps it's been answered, but I haven't read or heard it mentioned anywhere yet.

Probably similar to how Mario Kart 8's DLC packs work. Once you have them, you have the option to be paired with either people who own the DLC Packs, meaning you can race on them, or people who don't own them, meaning only the original tracks show up.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#4153 Posted: 08:44:49 18/08/2015
C'mon guys we got NEWS to analyze it's not time to bicker about who likes the game or not and if that's nice.

Nightfall appears to hover as seen in Sea Shadow's supercharging sequence, and she can also teleport. Can't see her hair at all though, it ends in the weird chunky darkness effect that Blackout and Nightmare have, though it could be like Darkrai's legs in pokémon and only appear when still.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#4154 Posted: 08:49:05 18/08/2015
I like the comic strip concept for showing the characters and vehicles. I guess that's how the soul gems are gonna show the characters through comic strips.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#4155 Posted: 08:52:28 18/08/2015
They were doing that for both soul gems and power play last year,but the transitions didn't have filters slapped on then that are a bit distracting.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5468
#4156 Posted: 10:32:02 18/08/2015
I think that Nightfall isn't finished yet. She obviously hovers and doesn't seem to walk, so she most likely walks with her hair. As I said, this Nightfall isn't finished and that's why it looks like she has short hair.
#4157 Posted: 10:54:05 18/08/2015
She has to be finished at this point in development(if the stores are with preorders, actually, development is done), if she was going to have normal hair(and she does up until the back, you can see it moves a bit at the top of the head, should've worded myself better) it'd be part of the model already. The animation is kinda stiff like she's a puppet but it definately looks done.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:57:18 18/08/2015 by Bifrost
#4158 Posted: 11:05:16 18/08/2015
Quote: Bifrost
She has to be finished at this point in development(if the stores are with preorders, actually, development is done), if she was going to have normal hair(and she does up until the back of the head, you can see it moves a bit at the top of the head) it'd be part of the model already. The animation is kinda stiff like she's a puppet but it definately looks done.

No, I don't mean that Nightfall isn't finished in general, I mean that this specific Nightfall we saw in the video isn't finished yet. Remember when the website was updated for Trap Team, Ka-Boom and High Five just stood there, 'til they got into the game. They didn't strike a pose and fly a looping like today. Nightfall's animation looks finished, but she's just missing her hair. I doubt that she can float all by herself.
#4159 Posted: 11:12:04 18/08/2015
Oh that might be the case, especially since the footage always ends abruptly meaning the videos must be actually part of a single recording. Didn't remember about the Trap Team thing, though I remember Giants had some Meet The Skylanders with untextured Bark Demons.

I also forgot she has placeholder Dive-Clops dialogue, whoops, it really might be the case of recording from the Gamescon build.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:14:25 18/08/2015 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4160 Posted: 11:15:18 18/08/2015
I agree.

She does seem to be missing... Something.
Not just her hair (her species name, dreadwalker, really suggest she uses them to move around) but her animation look like it isn't properly finished... Like a puppet as Bifrost pointed out.
And her teleport effect is also kinda weird.

Noticed a similar thing with Dive-Clops compared to the ones we've seen in action during the different events (Spitfire, Fiesta and the Skymiibos for example) so it might be another case of older footage.

Anyway Sea Shadow's mods look outstanding!
Can't wait to unlock them all!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:17:02 18/08/2015 by Drek95
#4161 Posted: 11:22:02 18/08/2015
I'll just stick with the supercharged set, it's just too pretty and scary at the same time.. Well once I get Nightfall, probably not this year since I'm already pushing myself paying for the WiiU and the digital copy.

But here's what actually looks finished about her - that's definately a new Dark intro, with rising waves of dark particles like a whirlwind.
---
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#4162 Posted: 11:29:51 18/08/2015
Awesome. Awesome.
The Theme song sounds very good, by the way poor Nightfall <.<
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:53:50 18/08/2015 by Buuzer
#4163 Posted: 11:35:50 18/08/2015
Haven't seen it in a video yet: I know a vehicle must be on the Portal all the time to play the game, so Skylanders-only magic moments are out of question but do they still have the falling animation when summoned during a level?

I'm really curious to see how they handled them this time (expecially Light and Dark) since SWAP Force's ones were really cool.
I kinda hope that dark whirlwind is exclusive to Nightfall, not sure if it would suit Blackout and Knight Mare that well.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4164 Posted: 11:39:38 18/08/2015
I can't remember but I think outside of regular onfoot levels(which happen like every other game) there's no entry effect, or just the particles coming out of the seat. Supercharged intros also cleverly skip it since the screen is covered with lights and static at the time it should be playing.
---
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#4165 Posted: 11:43:49 18/08/2015
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Quote: SilverWolf2308
It's wheels are gold on the figure smilie

https://scontent.cdninstagram....144903167_n.jpg

Here I got the video, not too sure if you guys can see it.

https://video.fadl1-1.fna.fbcd...838&oe=55D1C867

Sorry, but that's definitely fake.

That picture can easily be forged, especially since the colors don't match.

If it were an in game variant, it would have the artwork and the name on the box.

http://skylanderteenfandom.tumblr.com/post/126987970139
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
#4166 Posted: 11:51:25 18/08/2015
I can't remember but I think outside of regular onfoot levels(which happen like every other game) there's no entry effect, or just the particles coming out of the seat. Supercharged intros also cleverly skip it since the screen is covered with lights and static at the time it should be playing.

Ok, so they do happen regularly like the past games during classic gameplay, great!

I wasn't expecting vehicles to have elemental introductions really but I still don't understand why they are elmentally aligned, unless there are elemental zones inside vehicle areas in which vehicles of a certain Element are stronger...

One last question: SuperChargers can supercharge their own vehicles also unlocking exclusives mods which can then be removed and used at will by all the other SuperChargers.
The point is, do we know if vehicles will remain supercharged (thus reaching level 21, becoming stronger and becoming electrified) even if the special mods have been removed?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4167 Posted: 12:07:46 18/08/2015
Not sure, I wasn't paying attention to the HUD when that happened. I know the mods themselves unlock permanently though. But if it's not supercharged, mods or not, it won't have the effects.
---
TTD Hunter Gems: 6345
#4168 Posted: 13:01:52 18/08/2015 | Topic Creator
So this topic doesn't get derailed, please use this topic to discuss Battlecast. Thanks.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:19:07 18/08/2015 by TTD
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4169 Posted: 13:39:44 18/08/2015
C'mon guys we got NEWS to analyze it's not time to bicker about who likes the game or not and if that's nice.

Nightfall appears to hover as seen in Sea Shadow's supercharging sequence, and she can also teleport. Can't see her hair at all though, it ends in the weird chunky darkness effect that Blackout and Nightmare have, though it could be like Darkrai's legs in pokémon and only appear when still.

Is the theme song the one in those vehicle/character intros? I actually did like it...sounds like classic Hans.
#4170 Posted: 13:45:27 18/08/2015
Seems to be, after the Supercharge. It plays on the online lobbies on the Gamescon build and in the Amiibolanders trailer. Some supposed it's the song before that since it showed up in many ads, but the themes always have slow starts and this picks up too fast.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:45:56 18/08/2015 by Bifrost
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#4171 Posted: 13:48:07 18/08/2015
If it is the theme from the amiibolanders trailer, I absolutely love it. Gives me goosebumps. :D
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5477
#4172 Posted: 14:12:14 18/08/2015

If you pause at 0:28 of this video, you can see something in gold armor. Anyone know what it is?
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
#4173 Posted: 14:20:45 18/08/2015
You mean during the comic-like transition?
If so... Can't really help.

It's hard to make out something clear with all the filters they applied.

Double Dare Trigger Happy's vehicle looks nice.
Definitely suites him.
Also spotted a really interesting Sky Slicer mod.

Oh and Fiesta supercharging moment is fabulous.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Cicada17 Green Sparx Gems: 498
#4174 Posted: 15:09:23 18/08/2015
The end of the Crypt Crusher video has me thinking Blastcorps 2. "Time to get moving"
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#4175 Posted: 15:10:07 18/08/2015
I asked this on another thread but didn't really get a complete answer. Will other Dark editions be available at Toys R Us other than Wii. I have seen no pre-order cards and no pre-order online for anything other than Wii. ANYBODY?
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#4176 Posted: 16:02:02 18/08/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
I can see why longtime fans of Skylanders would be concerned about all the recent focus on vehicle gameplay. Definitely makes it seem like on-foot will take a back seat (particularly when it comes to the supplementary modes, in which case it seems like everything will be vehicle oriented).

I know that my subjective example is probably not what diehard Spyro and Skylanders fans want to hear, but it honestly sounds like anyone who has such huge reservations has never played (or perhaps enjoyed) any of the Halo titles. The first (if not all) game starts out on foot (and frequently ends up that way due to circumstances, carelessness, etc.) but frequently segues into areas where you can jump into vehicles, nearly always with your friend(s)! Ecstasy is how I would describe the first time my buddy jumped in to drive the first Warthog we found and left me to jump on the gun in the rear and rain fire down onto anything that moved that wasn't friendly. I can't count the number of times that we ended up with vehicles in areas where we clearly weren't meant to have them (inside the hillside base near the beach in level 2, anyone?) simply because I didn't want to give up the firepower and versatility therein.

The fact that we can get in and out of the vehicles and the vehicles aren't arbitrarily destroyed/"killed" like Skylanders (at least so far as I've seen in the comparative handful of videos I've gotten to see) indicates that Vicarious Visions got what the fun of that Halo-esque gameplay was all about and managed to mold and include part of it in the upcoming Skylanders title. I personally don't know whether I'm more excited to jump behind the wheel and supercharge the vehicles of some of my favorite characters or hop in the back with the gun, plug in a villain in a trap and rain Heck down onto the various legions of Kaos!

Quote: Bionichute
Oh my god, seriously? A Tropic Thunder joke? That's amazing.

Never go full Gill Grunt.

Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Pump your breaks kid, that Gillmans a national treasure.

Quote: AzureStarline
I know what grunt I am. I'm the grunt playin' the grunt disguised as another grunt.

Hahahahaha! You guys got me a couple of sideways glances at work when I burst out laughing, but this makes it worthwhile!

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:45:25 18/08/2015 by darkchylde28
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#4177 Posted: 16:16:32 18/08/2015
I expect Vehicles to be entirely useless in sky6. So on-foot will make (Hopefully) full return. I actually don't mind the vhicle gameplay. Something different for once. Especially with Trap Team, I got a little bored of the same thing over and over again. I'm very hyped for SuperChargers. (Especially Stormblade)
TheLoneWolf Green Sparx Gems: 231
#4178 Posted: 16:44:15 18/08/2015
I think that vehicles will be useable in sky 6 in some shape or form just like
the traps are used as a boost in superchargers
Activision will not likely change its universal compatibility.
---
Sun Runner= Best Vehicle in SSC
Get Ready to Race, Rumble and Roll!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:49:26 18/08/2015 by TheLoneWolf
#4179 Posted: 17:03:13 18/08/2015
I appreciate what V.V. did with vehicles and how they implemented them in regular gameplay but absolutely dislike how I am forced to use them to advance.
If they were a simple option I would have welcomed them happily... But they really immensely reduce the uniqueness of our 100+ collection to merely 20 between boats, cars and planes.

That's what I don't like and won't tolerate.
The focus should still be the classic gameplay which we got 4 years straight; I'm sorry if it's becoming the same old story for so many of you but completely changing what this series is about won't help solving that problem and that's sincerely the direction I think this franchise is taking.

I guess vehicles might actually have a more important use than we thought before in Skylanders 6.
At first we thought trappable villains were gone for good but now they are actually back, not only as playable characters but also as regular enemies and opponents.
So I think we might have playable vehicles again next year... Just not with so much focus on them.
Most likely no more racing and mandatory areas but the possibility to use them in specific places (hopefully a huge hub to explore).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#4180 Posted: 18:42:07 18/08/2015
^Agree. Don't like the whole vehicle idea, but then again, none of us are real big racing game fans here.
With Sky5 in our opinion there are too many drastic changes...vehicles, engine bases, no color basis, cards, sticker, codes (? waiting til an unboxing of a character for this).
Hope if/when there is a Sky6, that Acti wont go down the vehicle route anymore.
Are we gona still collect every single skylander and their vehicles, yes, hence our name, but we would rather have a more classic gameplay focused on lore and story and character development for the next game.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4181 Posted: 18:51:23 18/08/2015
Looks like EB Games Australia Youtube posted some trailers of some of the SuperChargers -

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:53:49 18/08/2015 by Aura24
#4182 Posted: 18:54:17 18/08/2015
Yeah,those were on the last page,along with Sea Shadow and other vehicles. Still hoping for some actual Meet the Skylanders,at least on the official site, there's way too little on-foot gameplay, you can't even hear their voices here.
---
#4183 Posted: 18:55:28 18/08/2015
Argh, thought I was on track. Too many posts for me, I guess.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#4184 Posted: 19:07:47 18/08/2015
Don't worry, as long as someone doesn't end up quoting the embeds over and over it's not really going to be an issue.

Also I love people are talking about the Online Racing Trailer youtubers interviewed as part of the community. I have NEVER seen those people anywhere,let alone making Skylanders videos. Coin-op,FGTV and co. not good enough for them? e_e

I also noticed something weird in recent Sky race videos - they all spawn in the same starting spot even if there are vacant ones nearby. This doesn't happen at all in Sea or Land, and even seems to be a server side issue since in the next second after it starts everyone is separated again. At least unlike the Time Twister glitch it's just cosmetic.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:08:06 18/08/2015 by Bifrost
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#4185 Posted: 19:12:59 18/08/2015
I've seen that happen with Hot Streaks in a Land race before, where one spawns inside of another (I also saw one where the flames were slightly outside of the exhaust pipes and it bothered the chickens out of me.) And I also saw it in a Sky Race in Calamity Canyon
Fizzle Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#4186 Posted: 19:51:35 18/08/2015
Haven't read all these new comments so not sure if it's been mentioned but Terrafin has an AWESOME!!! attack with a giant shark coming out of the ground!!!
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#4187 Posted: 20:36:31 18/08/2015
Also, watched the Fiesta trailer several times and didn't even notice where the first parts of the footage are - Sharpfin at the Academy. Seems like he brought an entire beach with him there, or it's just parts of the landmass we couldn't see before in TT as the comics revealed it's near quite a few other islands.
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#4188 Posted: 20:39:25 18/08/2015
A beach? Wat? Like in the beach in Swap Force?

I forget is Sharpfin the one with the cowboy hat?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#4189 Posted: 20:43:15 18/08/2015
No, he's the blue Dirt Shark with the cane.
---
#4190 Posted: 20:45:02 18/08/2015
Yay! I like that guy. What was the other guys name? Is he returning? The Sharks from his crew look more like the one with the hat.
---
#4191 Posted: 21:22:41 18/08/2015
Quote: Luminous35
Yay! I like that guy. What was the other guys name? Is he returning? The Sharks from his crew look more like the one with the hat.

Wait, you mean the shark that had the score challanges in Swap Force? He had a cowboy hat...forgot his name though

Why are you asking btw?
#4192 Posted: 21:24:41 18/08/2015
I just wanted to know since I forgot. I thought Sharpfin was him because well 1, The Shark Pit Crew looks more like the one with the cowboy hat
---
TheLoneWolf Green Sparx Gems: 231
#4193 Posted: 21:25:32 18/08/2015
SHE had a cowboy hat and her name is Marshall Wheellock from Iron Jaw Gulch
---
Sun Runner= Best Vehicle in SSC
Get Ready to Race, Rumble and Roll!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#4194 Posted: 21:26:30 18/08/2015
Quote: TheLoneWolf

Wheelock is male..... Marshal isn't part of his name, it's his title as lead sheriff of IJG.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:34:39 18/08/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#4195 Posted: 21:31:24 18/08/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: TheLoneWolf

Wheelock is male..... Marhsall isn't part of his name, it's his title has the lead sheriff of IJG.

Thank you. I forgot
Anyways, that's swap force content we talk about. Back to Superchargers
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#4196 Posted: 21:32:15 18/08/2015
You mean Marshal Wheellock?

@ all

What you are thinking about the abilitys of Dive-Clops and Fiesta? I like the design but I think that they are maybe not very strong.
#4197 Posted: 21:37:45 18/08/2015
They were both seen in other bigger gameplay, also this miiight not be the best place for character discussion but I'll just remind what we've seen. Fiesta seems to rack up damage from afar from his band and his slow descending notes, though with the rose petal storm he can definately defend himself alone. Dive-Clops also seems to have a lot on attacking while dodging, because of the homing missiles.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:04 18/08/2015 by Bifrost
#4198 Posted: 21:37:48 18/08/2015
Im pretty sure it's Marshal WheelLock but it miht just be Wheellock but im pretty sure it's Marshal Wheellock.

Ok now that I figured that out...

I love Dive-Clops powers! I like that big explosion and the water laser. SO COOL! I don't like Fiesta's MAIN attack.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#4199 Posted: 21:41:31 18/08/2015
Quote: Luminous35
Im pretty sure it's Marshal WheelLock but it miht just be Wheellock but im pretty sure it's Marshal Wheellock.

Ok now that I figured that out...

I love Dive-Clops powers! I like that big explosion and the water laser. SO COOL! I don't like Fiesta's MAIN attack.

It's just Wheelock. The comics refer to him solely as Wheelock and a Marshal is a high ranking officer.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#4200 Posted: 21:41:51 18/08/2015
Just to change the topic; who else is dying to see Nightfall gameplay?
First | Previous | Page 84 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 107 108 109

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me