darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015)
First | Previous | Page 71 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 107 108 109
Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#3501 Posted: 14:04:00 09/08/2015
He appears at the start of Cloudbreather Dragon, it's known he's coming back for a while now. News are Mags and Buzz, who strangely don't have new outfits like Cali,Flynn and Hugo do.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:06:32 09/08/2015 by Bifrost
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#3502 Posted: 15:01:20 09/08/2015
(Wow 71 pages and the game isn't even out yet)

Maybe Sharpfin and Mags have much more subtle changes that we just can't get a good look at atm
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#3503 Posted: 15:38:29 09/08/2015
There are vehicle elemental zones in the academy. But only there, not in the chapters.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#3504 Posted: 15:42:14 09/08/2015
Quote: myskylanders
There are vehicle elemental zones in the academy. But only there, not in the chapters.

YES! I can finally do the zones without doing a level. I hated that when SWAP Force kept their gimmick only in levels.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3505 Posted: 15:42:38 09/08/2015
That's... Curious.

I'm still expecting an elemental something (Gates, zones, unlockables) in the regular game.
I think they didn't made vehicles elementally alligned just for the sake of the series' theme but I would no doubt appreciate it. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#3506 Posted: 15:45:13 09/08/2015
Quote: myskylanders

That's an odd choice; maybe to test out the vehicles or the new version of the Elemental Totem since we got an equivalent in every game? But if it's really more than the 3 we can see from the trailer, then the expansion to the school really is MUCH bigger than it's already looking like.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:46:25 09/08/2015 by Bifrost
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3507 Posted: 16:13:33 09/08/2015

This shows a bit on the articulation of several vehicles.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5540
#3508 Posted: 16:27:28 09/08/2015
https://instagram.com/p/6K1CZS...rcharger_fiesta

This is new.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#3509 Posted: 16:27:38 09/08/2015
And that Sea Shadow lacks articulation entirely. So much for you can play just like a real toy.
---
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#3510 Posted: 16:34:02 09/08/2015
^I'm pretty sure Sky Slicer is the same way, and from the looks of it, I'm assuming Sun Runner, Soda Skimmer, and Splatter Splasher are the same way.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Fizzle Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#3511 Posted: 16:42:46 09/08/2015
^ ^ ^So Count Moneybone Trophy confirmed now
^ ^ Yeah that made me laugh how he was rolling and flicking the other toys and then just picked up Sea Shadow and put back down. But honestly I didn't really expect it to do anything.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:43:40 09/08/2015 by Fizzle
#3512 Posted: 16:46:46 09/08/2015
Quote: ExcitonKnight
^I'm pretty sure Sky Slicer is the same way, and from the looks of it, I'm assuming Sun Runner, Soda Skimmer, and Splatter Splasher are the same way.

I actually think you can spin the thruster on the back of Sky Slicer. I don't think anyone showed it specifically, but I remember an interviewer trying to spin the back of the vehicle at some point.
But on Sea Shadow,c'mon, the back of the vehicle could be moved up and down, it's hanging there and asking to have some articulation.

Quote: 84skylanderdude

Wow, that's an ugly trophy. But it actually fits Moneybone since they remembered to make it exactly like the loading screen on SF 3DS with his giant grin and everything. If I'm getting any at all, it's definately this for the display value and continuity.
...Now why they didn't do this to GD, it's beyond me.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:49:04 09/08/2015 by Bifrost
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3513 Posted: 16:50:40 09/08/2015
It's almost like a real diecast boat toy.

Also, yooo Count Moneybone!
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#3514 Posted: 16:53:42 09/08/2015
Real boat toys aren't fashioned after angler fish+mantarays or shoot black holes :U I'm just more upset that they broke their own rules on something that could have just pointless articulation or tiny tiny wheels, instead of, say, something that's too complicated and solid-looking like the Splatter Splasher.

Also since someone might've not noticed, that instagram picture is showing the trophy but the guy on the bottom isn't Krankcase,just someone that also uses a top hat with goggles, supposedly the NPC that will take you to online lobbies.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:55:13 09/08/2015 by Bifrost
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#3515 Posted: 16:58:02 09/08/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: Drek95
I agree with dark. This looks like stickers only to me. How do I know? The telltale sign of the "white" border on the edge. It matches my Hot Streak sticker when I opened the E3 variant.

Nice packaging and all, but when you rip it to shreds when you get home...shrug.

Yeah I'm still skeptical about cards.

And well, you don't have to unbox your vehicles if you like the packagings.
Pretty sure vehicles and SuperCharger work even inside their boxes. smilie

To each their own, but there isn't room to stack boxes on the portal. I have boxed figures, and then I have the ones I play with...trust me I like the packaging, but now looking at the small warehouse in the corner of my house and rethinking things...finally. Open em up, or don't buy em.

You use the portal daisy chain trick. Just put the active portal next to an inactive portal, and put a supercharger in the box on one and a vehicle in the box on the other, simple.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#3516 Posted: 17:02:32 09/08/2015
I was already fearing some vehicles wouldn't have move-able parts. I was right. It's kind of a downside to me. The only way I see for Sea Shadow to be used is that it can float on water. (even that I doubt). The Sky Slicer having no move-able parts just seems a little off to me. There should be something on it that should move. Perhaps the thing on the back as Bifrost mentioned before. If not, than I see no other use than using the toy in-game and hold it in my hands while swinging my arms or something pretending it flies.

Also, something I wonder. Will nicknaming vehicles be something? It's a doubt I have but it would be cool.
#3517 Posted: 17:05:46 09/08/2015
If we could nickname villains, it's very possible if we can use a Select screen with. It's never too late to rename Hot Streak as Hot Steak and bring back the meme.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:09:05 09/08/2015 by Bifrost
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2051
#3518 Posted: 17:06:17 09/08/2015
It looks like the New portal is going to be a bit easier to play with boxed figures, since it's more of a flat surface without the awkward edges, and looks larger (using the Trap Slot size for the comparison against the Traptanium portal)

As for the Moneybone trophy, I can honestly say I'm not too excited for it... I mean, I haven't seen the character in action, so my only experience is with the forum user... and am kinda letting my biases get in the way.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:13:49 09/08/2015 by Wolfgang
#3519 Posted: 17:12:47 09/08/2015
Quote: Bifrost
If we could nickname villains, it's very possible if we can use a Select screen with. It's never too late to rename Hot Streak as Hot Steak and bring back the meme.

Well, I honestly found Hot Steak a pretty funny name. The Hot Flamethrower grill thingey in the front made me think the name was actually the correct name.

Quote: Wolfgang
It looks like the New portal is going to be a bit easier to play with boxed figures, since it's more of a flat surface without the awkward edges, and looks larger (using the Trap Slot size for the comparison against the Traptanium portal)

That would be great for those that are collectors not wanting to unbox thier chase variants yet still play with them.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2051
#3520 Posted: 17:17:19 09/08/2015
[User Posted Image]

It's hard to imagine the boxes not fitting nicely on this, back to back. The real troublemakers for people that play with figures in-box were the Swappers and Traps, though.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#3521 Posted: 17:22:00 09/08/2015
Quote: Wolfgang
(snip)

It's hard to imagine the boxes not fitting nicely on this, back to back. The real troublemakers for people that play with figures in-box were the Swappers and Traps, though.

Actually, this picture gives a nice comparision for those that havn't seen a Supercharger or vehicle in real life yet. It appears Superchargers are actually almost the same high as Trap Masters. Vehicles are smaller than I had expected them to be.

Back to the quote.
Yes, I agree. The Traps had horrible boxes for those that wished to keep them inside of thier box. Swappers could be played with fine, but couldn't be swapped if they where kept in the box.
#3522 Posted: 17:24:50 09/08/2015
Quote: BlackWing116

Actually, this picture gives a nice comparision for those that havn't seen a Supercharger or vehicle in real life yet. It appears Superchargers are actually almost the same high as Trap Masters.

Actually with the engine, they're still the size of Swappers. Without it the size of a regular core. I think there were better pictures showing the comparison, it's just that Snap Shot is pretty small compared to the other TMs.

Oh man, delicious delicious clean footage from Connected Digital World on youtube! And I spot Buzz Wing and Sun Runner on this footage!Thrillipede and Astroblast's icons can be seen at the end. I'll still check the others out, I'm enjoying the amazing Sky Schooner Docks remix --halfway through it becomes Drill-X's Big Rig!

I found where the Count Moneybone trophy showed up, it's a list where you can choose the skylanders in the Land levels- probs demo only. You can find the entire thing in this level footage and also hear the main theme a bit. Sounds good but the drums could get boring. Dragon Spine's theme doesn't seem to be a remix of anything existing, but I recall some notes from the Cloudbreather Dragon footage we got.
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 17:56:20 09/08/2015 by Bifrost
#3523 Posted: 17:55:38 09/08/2015
Agree.

Pretty sure the majority of the SuperChargers would be the same size of Cores without those pointless engines.
I won't lie I'm even starting to figure out if it will be possible to remove the figures from the engines and stick them on old styled bases (while also changing the chip of course).
They are just so unneeded and a punch in the eyes... Bleah!

It's only 10 characters after all it shouldn't be that difficult.

On-topic, Count Moneybone's Trophy looks really cool!
I would have bet it was silver (since the othee two are golden and bronze) but maybe it simply looks like that on those medals icons.

And... Poor Sea Shadow...
Such a beautiful vehicle and not a single moving part...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#3524 Posted: 17:57:38 09/08/2015
Agree.

Pretty sure the majority of the SuperChargers would be the same size of Cores without those pointless engines.
I won't lie I'm even starting to figure out if it will be possible to remove the figures from the engines and stick them on old styled bases (while also changing the chip of course).
They are just so unneeded and a punch in the eyes... Bleah!

Yeah, removing the engines would be just great. They seem more of a filler or an excuse to thier class name (SuperCharger) which I find kind of sad. I bet it's the engines that makes them more expencieve than a regular core. (Which we won't even have this year)
#3525 Posted: 18:00:42 09/08/2015
Nightfall's voice is muffled,you can find that in the last video I linked around 5:50. Pretty nice touch since she has a gas mask.

Nightfall party here for those who want to hear her scary muffled sighs every few seconds, though some of it is visibly Dive-Clops as placeholder, and according to Tealgamemaster the song is a remix of Serpent's Peak - how you can remix a 10 second song to over a minute and call it the same is beyond me.

Next up,better pictures of the Wolfgang trophy here. If anyone thinks I might be spamming too many videos from the same person feel free to call me out,it's just that this guy is the only one who recorded the menus or didn't talk over footage at any point. Song used is the remix of Chef Zeppelin's shooting section, which is also the Land theme for Cloud Kingdom.

The Mystical Vault footage still gives Nightfall mostly placeholder lines but you can hear a few more short noises. Can't tell which song it might be a remix of, so must be from this game.
---
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 18:24:02 09/08/2015 by Bifrost
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#3526 Posted: 18:25:26 09/08/2015
I'll trust you since I always unbox my figures.

Don't know about Single Player mode but it would definitely become cluttered while playing co-op.

I've tried it actually to see how the other half lives...frankly don't know why they do it. It seems frustrating to keep them in boxes. might've worked on the first couple of games...imagine not being able to swap your swap force figures....meh.
revolutionj12 Green Sparx Gems: 452
#3527 Posted: 18:51:24 09/08/2015
I have to head out real quick, but I just posted eight close-ups of various Skylanders SuperChargers figures and vehicle packaging. Sorry didn't have time to resize them to post on here yet, so if someone else wants to feel free... sorry everyone! Just wanted to get the info out there smilie

Skylanders

Shark Shooter Terrafin
Stormblade
Dive-Clops
Fiesta

Skylanders Vehicles

Dive Bomber
Sea Shadow
Sky Slicer
Crypt Crusher
[User Posted Image]
Fizzle Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#3528 Posted: 18:52:46 09/08/2015
Anyone else think the Enchanted Planter and the rest of those flower people are going to show up in a regular level, considering the spectators of the other tracks have been (frost elves, dirt sharks, storm giants, etc.)
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#3529 Posted: 18:52:48 09/08/2015
Quote: revolutionj12

Already posted last page.

And on the flower ghosts on Mystical Vault, pretty possible. They wouldn't waste so many assets for a default racetrack. The trophies are one thing,but this will show up all the time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:54:11 09/08/2015 by Bifrost
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#3530 Posted: 19:38:20 09/08/2015
I like the way to do the party thing, Theres a cool selection screen. I like that. The Skylanders you Put on the portal will be there. I wonder if you can still select old Skylanders. I'm having some doubts but I hope we can still race against other people with our old Skylanders because i Want to race with Knight Light.

One issue I found out was, I want to play the racing thing with my Dad but if we want to do for an example a Sky Match, We would need 2 Sky Slicers or 2 Jet Stream's or something. My question is this ACTUALLY the case?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#3531 Posted: 19:40:43 09/08/2015
I think it's demo only; the selection is the same we've seen in all gameplay videos except Skydad(who also has RB and Eruptor). The publishers said that you'd choose the normal way on the portal then it'd lock up.
---
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#3532 Posted: 19:44:03 09/08/2015
Is the demo restricted to Racing?
---
You can't handle MEMES
#3533 Posted: 19:45:36 09/08/2015
Not for all versions; not sure for which youtuber but someone had a menu with both story mode(which myskylanders said it's the E3 build) and the racing selection.
---
#3534 Posted: 19:50:36 09/08/2015
Oh wow Nightfall sounds creepy. I saw Thrillipede's icon and I heard his grunt's and stuff. They chose a pretty good voice for Him and as well as Astroblast. I heard it in a couple videos.

Still from my previous question, Can 2 people play with the same vehicle during a race.

I like the selection menu. I want it to be like that. I told you Count Moneybone was the Land Trophy smilie

Edit about Nightfall: I heard her laugh she doesn't sound that bad Though she sounds like Tessa and Roller Brawl... Doesn't fit her honestly.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4m9Fr1EQ8Q It's at 5:45

Edit #2: After hearing Nightfall saying "Ah Yes" and more laughs she actually doesn't sound like Tessa or Roller Brawl. After thinking about it her voice does kinda fit her!

Thats what I love about these characters. The perfect voice fitting them.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:03:51 09/08/2015 by Luminous35
#3535 Posted: 20:03:10 09/08/2015
She actually reminds me of Bad Juju, probably even the same VA. A bit too mischievous to sound like Tessa. Though it's definately hard to tell if she's supposed to be young or old since the tone changes a lot from that laugh to the other SFX.

Doesn't help Kimberly Brooks has a LOT of range in her voice.

(and on two vehicle for the same race, no idea, our only footage of live local race that was Skyfamily and they had doubles of every figure and vehicle)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:09:43 09/08/2015 by Bifrost
#3536 Posted: 20:05:10 09/08/2015
Yeah I listened a couple more times. She does NOT sound like Tessa. She does kinda remind me of Bad Juju as well. When i was listening to her i was like "Who does she sound like? I feel like I've heard this voice before!"
---
#3537 Posted: 20:55:44 09/08/2015
I'll trust you since I always unbox my figures.

Don't know about Single Player mode but it would definitely become cluttered while playing co-op.

I've tried it actually to see how the other half lives...frankly don't know why they do it. It seems frustrating to keep them in boxes. might've worked on the first couple of games...imagine not being able to swap your swap force figures....meh.

Agree.

You also couldn't use traps at all or simply enjoy the vehicles' moving parts.

Really happy to hear that new characters have unique lines of dialogue while driving.
Sincerely hoping old ones will as well.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#3538 Posted: 21:00:03 09/08/2015
For wave 1 I think the ones I want the most is Dive-Clops and Stormblade. They for sure are growing on me.

There was something I was gonna say but I forgot it. One thing is that Dark updated the Superchargers gallery and the page with the trophy's and new screenshots
---
#3539 Posted: 21:34:15 09/08/2015
Might have missed it but do we know who's driving that barrel like boat on the left?

[User Posted Image]

I think it might be Gulper's since he would fit the theme (and I even see something blue sticking out from behind it... ) but he would lack the crown and I think we already have our 2 Water villains, Chill Bill and possibly Captain Frightbeard.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#3540 Posted: 21:35:09 09/08/2015
It's one of the Mabu drivers, they all seem to wear color-coded gear and their vehicle is always wooden and the same color as them like that.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:35:28 09/08/2015 by Bifrost
#3541 Posted: 21:42:14 09/08/2015
Oooh... I see it now, that blue thing is actually a Mabu's helmet.
Too bad, I was really hoping Gulper would have been a playable driver since he's one of my favorite Dool Raiders.

Would also like to point out we still don't know Count Moneybone's Trophy's color since those medals on the selection screen are all golden.
Might be silver after all.

Would suit both the character and the gold/silver/bronze order idea.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#3542 Posted: 21:45:12 09/08/2015
Wolfgang still looks gold in the back of the packaging, so not sure, they all seem gold.
---
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3543 Posted: 21:52:09 09/08/2015
Oooh... I see it now, that blue thing is actually a Mabu's helmet.
Too bad, I was really hoping Gulper would have been a playable driver since he's one of my favorite Dool Raiders.

Would also like to point out we still don't know Count Moneybone's Trophy's color since those medals on the selection screen are all golden.
Might be silver after all.

Would suit both the character and the gold/silver/bronze order idea.

What would the Kaos trophy be then?

Rhodium?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#3544 Posted: 22:09:04 09/08/2015
That or platinum.

Like... Dark platinum of Doom, of course.
But still platinum.

Don't know, might be the lighting but Wolfgang's Trophy does look reddish to me compared to Golden Queen's.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#3545 Posted: 22:37:59 09/08/2015
Has it been confirmed that the Elemental Gates will return? If so, will there be certain requirements to access through them? Such as using only SuperChargers to unlock them?
#3546 Posted: 22:41:29 09/08/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
Has it been confirmed that the Elemental Gates will return? If so, will there be certain requirements to access through them? Such as using only SuperChargers to unlock them?

Only Supercharger and Vehicle gates, though myskylanders mentioned the hub and only the hub has elemental vehicle zones.
---
#3547 Posted: 22:45:45 09/08/2015
Since when were Elemental Vehicle Zones confirmed?
---
First | Previous | Page 71 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 107 108 109

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me