Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters!
First | Previous | Page 22 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters! [CLOSED]
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6139
#1051 Posted: 03:36:25 26/06/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: Seiki

Pokemon Trainer

MAN I WANT HIM AND SNAKE BACK
THEY WERE MY MAINS IN BRAWL

Honestly, if they do bring PKMN Trainer back, I'd rather it be Ethan instead of Red using Totodile, Bayleaf, & Typhlosion; especially since Charizard is a fighter on his own.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1052 Posted: 12:29:34 26/06/2015
I've voted for Wolf 137 times.
I really want Ivysaur back though.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8756
#1053 Posted: 14:53:19 26/06/2015
Can somebody please explain why I keep losing my double jump whenever I jump off the stage. It should be my normal jump but it uses my second jump instead which I don't realize until it's too late.
#1054 Posted: 15:05:11 26/06/2015
Quote: somePerson
Can somebody please explain why I keep losing my double jump whenever I jump off the stage. It should be my normal jump but it uses my second jump instead which I don't realize until it's too late.

I experience this same problem.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#1055 Posted: 15:07:25 26/06/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

I experience this same problem.

When you use your midair jump when leaving the stage it's because you used it too late when you were not standing on said stage. Might be hard to notice because they animation is interrupted by you jumping.
---
you never saw me
#1056 Posted: 16:13:33 26/06/2015

- - -
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#1057 Posted: 18:31:42 26/06/2015
^That...really doesn't mean anything? It's just Etika re-reading the article.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1058 Posted: 21:26:11 26/06/2015

Pokemon Trainer

Honestly, if they do bring PKMN Trainer back, I'd rather it be Ethan instead of Red using Totodile, Bayleaf, & Typhlosion; especially since Charizard is a fighter on his own.

Or Brendan. Brendan with Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken would be absolutely amazing.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#1059 Posted: 21:27:49 26/06/2015
Quote: Matteomax

Or Brendan. Brendan with Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken would be absolutely amazing.

I'd be down with Ethan or Brendan. smilie
---
Hail to the King, baby!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#1060 Posted: 21:30:13 26/06/2015

NO NO NO!

Treeko, Combusken SWAMPERT!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#1061 Posted: 22:02:47 26/06/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

NO NO NO!

UM no. Mega Sceptile.

Nothing else.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
#1062 Posted: 22:04:17 26/06/2015
Quote: OnionCakes
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

NO NO NO!

UM no. Mega Sceptile.

Nothing else.

We've got a Fire and Water type Starter in Sm4sh. Why not Grass?
---
Hail to the King, baby!
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1063 Posted: 22:04:30 26/06/2015
I don't really want anymore Pokemon. Getting Ivysaur and Squirtle back would be cool though.
#1064 Posted: 22:06:53 26/06/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
I don't really want anymore Pokemon. Getting Ivysaur and Squirtle back would be cool though.

Yeah it would, but we've got 6 Pokemon, which is the amount of Pokemon you can have in your party at a time in the main series games.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#1065 Posted: 22:36:10 26/06/2015

This would never happen, but what if the trainer and his pokemon changed when you did a color palette change?

Yessss.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#1066 Posted: 23:07:33 26/06/2015
Wonder if the Smash 4 tier list is gonna end up with one character alone in the top tier. Probably not.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1067 Posted: 23:08:32 26/06/2015
Quote: Mrmorrises
Wonder if the Smash 4 tier list is gonna end up with one character alone in the top tier. Probably not.

tiers are trash tbh
#1068 Posted: 23:29:38 26/06/2015

tiers are trash tbh

^truth

speaking of so we may never get an official list for smash 4 ever
---
you never saw me
#1069 Posted: 23:30:56 26/06/2015
Quote: I-Brawler

tiers are trash tbh

^truth

Why wouldn't we?
---
#1070 Posted: 23:39:19 26/06/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182

tiers are trash tbh

^truth

Why wouldn't we?

In addition to the standard movesets for all characters, we have

- Custom moves
- Future DLC characters
- and balance patches (remember when Diddy was considered the best?)
---
you never saw me
#1071 Posted: 23:39:29 26/06/2015

tiers are trash tbh

^truth

Is that why you keep making your own list?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:41:45 26/06/2015 by somePerson
#1072 Posted: 23:40:31 26/06/2015

tiers are trash tbh

^truth

Is that why you keep making your list?

why not

i explicitly say it's opinionated too
---
you never saw me
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6139
#1073 Posted: 00:27:21 27/06/2015

Not yet. Preferably, I'd like to see PKMN Trainer return in each Smash installment and have Brendan appear in the next one. After Redm the next step should be Johto. Skipping it would piss me off for a number of reasons, mainly OCD ones and the fact that Johto is my favorite region.

Not saying I don't want Brendan, I wouldn't mind seeing him or May, but I'd rather they waited and we get a Johto trainer (Ethan, Lyra, or Kris) first.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#1074 Posted: 00:58:24 27/06/2015

^truth

Why wouldn't we?

- Custom moves
- Future DLC characters

DLC and Balance Patches have an end, and thus far, they have only had major effects on the tier placement of certain characters. Custom moves, similarly, only effect certain characters to any noticeable degree. For example, Sheik and Rosalina are still the best in the game with or without customs (as fundamentally the characters are just really good, and their customs are also really solid and simply give them more appropriate options in certain match-ups - for example, Shulk is probably one of the best if not the best character to use against Rosalina with customs off as the match-up is very even if not in Shulk's favour, but with customs on, Rosalina wins against Shulk by a landslide, as literally all of the problems she otherwise has in the match-up are fixed, and Shulk has nothing he can compensate with, as his customs are honestly quite bad and are pretty gimmicky), while Palutena is easily one of the worst characters in the game without customs, but is considerably better with customs on (I would say high tier but they nerfed one of her customs pretty badly).

Tier lists aren't really opinionated, they are based on objective data. The only reason there isn't an official tier list yet is because 1) this game technically is not even fully developed yet, and 2) we simply haven't had enough time to gather enough players of different characters to see their tournament results, and to assess whether or not characters have reached their full potential yet.

That being said, ZeRo's tier list is a pretty good reference for now, as most other tier lists seem to align pretty well with it anyway.
---
#1075 Posted: 01:07:57 27/06/2015

Why wouldn't we?

- Custom moves
- Future DLC characters

DLC and Balance Patches have an end, and thus far, they have only had major effects on the tier placement of certain characters. Custom moves, similarly, only effect certain characters to any noticeable degree. For example, Sheik and Rosalina are still the best in the game with or without customs (as fundamentally the characters are just really good, and their customs are also really solid and simply give them more appropriate options in certain match-ups - for example, Shulk is probably one of the best if not the best character to use against Rosalina with customs off as the match-up is very even if not in Shulk's favour, but with customs on, Rosalina wins against Shulk by a landslide, as literally all of the problems she otherwise has in the match-up are fixed, and Shulk has nothing he can compensate with, as his customs are honestly quite bad and are pretty gimmicky), while Palutena is easily one of the worst characters in the game without customs, but is considerably better with customs on (I would say high tier but they nerfed one of her customs pretty badly).

Tier lists aren't really opinionated, they are based on objective data. The only reason there isn't an official tier list yet is because 1) this game technically is not even fully developed yet, and 2) we simply haven't had enough time to gather enough players of different characters to see their tournament results, and to assess whether or not characters have reached their full potential yet.

That being said, ZeRo's tier list is a pretty good reference for now, as most other tier lists seem to align pretty well with it anyway.

Hm, wonder if there will be a tier list with and without customs, cause they really do make a difference. Some of ZeRo's rankings surprised me (Palutena, Donkey Kong and Meta Knight are in the upper mid tier) but then I remember he is talking about with customs being on.
#1076 Posted: 01:21:47 27/06/2015

- Custom moves
- Future DLC characters

Hm, wonder if there will be a tier list with and without customs, cause they really do make a difference. Some of ZeRo's rankings surprised me (Palutena, Donkey Kong and Meta Knight are in the upper mid tier) but then I remember he is talking about with customs being on.

Most likely there will be, as there is a schism in the community as to whether or not customs should even be allowed as some characters are a bit bogus with customs (for example, Pikachu and Captain Falcon have infinite combos if they use customs - I'm not sure if the Pikachu one was patched yet, but the Falcon one was only just discovered). Some tournaments allow them, some don't, and people are considering banning individual custom moves that prove problematic.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:22:47 27/06/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#1077 Posted: 18:38:24 27/06/2015
Why does the respawn invincibility exist?
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1078 Posted: 18:58:41 27/06/2015
b4 wolf we need
Pichu
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#1079 Posted: 19:05:36 27/06/2015
Quote: Sleepy0429
b4 wolf we need
Pichu

#bringbackpichu
---
you never saw me
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#1080 Posted: 19:26:15 27/06/2015
b4 wolf we need
Pichu

pichu + rage + hurting itself

my god
#1081 Posted: 21:02:17 27/06/2015
b4 wolf we need
Pichu

I love Pichu <3
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#1082 Posted: 00:32:37 28/06/2015
b4 wolf we need
Pichu

It's probably gonna happen, but definitely not before Wolf.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#1083 Posted: 01:13:03 28/06/2015
b4 wolf we need
Pichu

I really don't see it happening. No one liked Pichu in Melee, and they brought Mewtwo back because people wanted him to be better. I rarely hear anyone give two cents about Pichu.
#1084 Posted: 01:27:44 28/06/2015
Quote: MugoUrth
b4 wolf we need
Pichu

I really don't see it happening. No one liked Pichu in Melee, and they brought Mewtwo back because people wanted him to be better. I rarely hear anyone give two cents about Pichu.

Joke

You
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6477
#1085 Posted: 01:38:38 28/06/2015
I only voted for Ice Climbers and Hat Kid... Which are both likely to not happen... smilie
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#1086 Posted: 01:59:19 28/06/2015
Quote: AJAwesome
I only voted for Ice Climbers and Hat Kid... Which are both likely to not happen... smilie

I'm really hoping the Ice Climbers comeback. I was kinda surprised when then weren't in the actual game.
#1087 Posted: 02:06:37 28/06/2015
I feel like if they return somebody will forget to nerf the infinite combo and make the Ice Climbers op.
#1088 Posted: 02:09:05 28/06/2015
Imagine their smash ball in some of the stage...
#1089 Posted: 02:12:06 28/06/2015
Quote: slambam104

Imagine 8-player smash
---
you never saw me
#1090 Posted: 02:12:41 28/06/2015

Imagine 8-player smash

Who plays 8 player smash?
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#1091 Posted: 13:45:55 28/06/2015
Quote: MugoUrth
b4 wolf we need
Pichu

Joke

You

You think I didn't know that ***hole?

Not playing along with a joke =/= Not realizing it's a joke

Imagine 8-player smash

Who plays 8 player smash?

I would if I had the WiiU version.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:47:28 28/06/2015 by MugoUrth
#1092 Posted: 13:59:24 28/06/2015
I really would like Pichu to get in if they changed him up a tiny bit: He'd be extremely powerful with his electric attacks, more so than Pikachu and most other fighters, being one of the most powerful fighters in the game. Due to him using so much powerful energy however, he damages himself when he uses them. That would make Pichu a pretty interesting risk-reward fighter that is small, fast, and powerful, while also being easily KO'd due to his small weight and self-damaging attacks.
#1093 Posted: 14:59:37 28/06/2015
I really would like Pichu to get in if they changed him up a tiny bit: He'd be extremely powerful with his electric attacks, more so than Pikachu and most other fighters, being one of the most powerful fighters in the game. Due to him using so much powerful energy however, he damages himself when he uses them. That would make Pichu a pretty interesting risk-reward fighter that is small, fast, and powerful, while also being easily KO'd due to his small weight and self-damaging attacks.

That's literally what they did with Pichu in Melee and he was the worst character in the game. Sakurai even said he was only included as a joke, to intentionally create a bad character.
---
#1094 Posted: 15:06:51 28/06/2015
but now there's rage
---
you never saw me
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1095 Posted: 16:51:34 28/06/2015
I always thought it would be cool if the Pichu brothers from the Pokemon anime were their own characters, kind of like Ice Climbers. Obviously it won't happen but it'd still be interesting to see.
---
Cool cool.
#1096 Posted: 17:09:54 28/06/2015

That's literally what they did with Pichu in Melee and he was the worst character in the game. Sakurai even said he was only included as a joke, to intentionally create a bad character.

It was pretty poorly executed, because as you said, he was intentionally bad. That doesn't make it impossible for him to change. Make him better this time, increase how much damage he deals and decrease weight a bit. Do something to make him play better.

Roy's different than he was in Melee. So is Mewtwo, Doc, and a lot of other veterans. Just because he was the worst character in Melee doesn't mean he always has to be.
#1097 Posted: 19:50:11 28/06/2015

It was pretty poorly executed, because as you said, he was intentionally bad. That doesn't make it impossible for him to change. Make him better this time, increase how much damage he deals and decrease weight a bit. Do something to make him play better.

Roy's different than he was in Melee. So is Mewtwo, Doc, and a lot of other veterans. Just because he was the worst character in Melee doesn't mean he always has to be.

But the entire point of his inclusion was that Sakurai knew nobody would want to play as him. I highly doubt he will be brought back, especially since Mewtwo already fills the quota as a Pokémon DLC character.

Plus, bringing back Pichu would ruin the interesting little tidbit of Smash lore, that the Pikachu in Brawl and Smash 4 IS the Pichu from Melee.
---
#1098 Posted: 22:25:47 28/06/2015

But the entire point of his inclusion was that Sakurai knew nobody would want to play as him. I highly doubt he will be brought back, especially since Mewtwo already fills the quota as a Pokémon DLC character.

Plus, bringing back Pichu would ruin the interesting little tidbit of Smash lore, that the Pikachu in Brawl and Smash 4 IS the Pichu from Melee.

I don't think he'll be included either, but I think it would be fun to have him back.

While that is true about the Pichu/Pikachu connection, the easiest solution for that is to simply bring in a new Pichu. :P
#1099 Posted: 22:34:50 28/06/2015
I just really don't want another clone/semi-clone as DLC (Wolf barely even counts as a semi-clone so I'd be fine with him, though). Lucas was fine since a lot of people liked him, and I guess the same could be said for Roy in a meme kind of way (in truth, he isn't genuinely liked in the game he comes from, Smash fans just bandwagoned for him and that's where his "demand" came from), but Pichu is pushing it, since he's so similar to Pikachu, and in a way, IS Pikachu. And you can't really do anything to differentiate him beyond what was done in Melee, since by virtue of the fact he's just a younger evolution of Pikachu, he HAS to be strikingly similar. It's in his character.

Also I don't see The Pokémon Company allowing it, as Pichu isn't really marketable at all anymore.
---
#1100 Posted: 22:40:24 28/06/2015
Although Pichu wasn't actually ranked the worst SSBM character, that was Kirby.
First | Previous | Page 22 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me