Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters!
First | Previous | Page 17 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters! [CLOSED]
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8756
#801 Posted: 14:37:08 13/06/2015
Quote: MugoUrth
So Ryu and Roy are finally confirmed? I kind of hoped they wouldn't be.

-No more Fire Emblem characters please.
-I still think Ryu imight have a very similar moveset to Luigi or Dr. Mario. Neutral B: Projectile, Up B: Uppercut, Down B: Spinning move. Side B is still a mystery.
-SSB4 needs more non-humans please.
-SSB4 needs more villains please.
-Two Capcom reps. No fair!
-3DS version needs more stages please.

...I'm still going to by them, but like Lucas, I'm mostly buying them for collection purposes.

But Fire Emblem is a great franchise. D:
He looks like a better Little Mac (which I predicted ^.^) but with the charge projectile Special.
Furry.
Not really. It doesn't really need more DLC as well.
They did help make this game.
3DS can't handle all this storage. New 3DS maybe but they wouldn't do that.

Although I wonder if Roy is gonna be a straight up clone again.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:39:07 13/06/2015 by somePerson
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9034
#802 Posted: 14:47:32 13/06/2015
OH MY GOD THAT LAST CLEAR IMAGE ^_______^

"I AM YOSHI... AND I WILL SHOW YOU THE MEANING OF PAIN!

Still can't believed this all leaked. Tell me what's the point of having E3 anymore?! =_="
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#803 Posted: 14:52:12 13/06/2015
Ryu? eh.

Roy? okay.

inkling trophy?

aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
gillgrunt987 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7606
#804 Posted: 14:58:57 13/06/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I have no doubt that Ryu and Roy will be released alongside Lucas tomorrow. Lucas stuff is being leaked too (trophies and what not). Also, the banner for tomorrow's livestream on the official Smash Bros site changed.

For those of you who don't know how the leak got out, Nintendo momentarily uploaded the patch for tomorrow in Japan, with the only thing missing from it being a Wii U installation executable. However, some tech savvy guys who keep an eye on this stuff spotted it, and due to how Nintendo's server infrastructure is set up, it was easy to download the contents. While the person who has it can't play the update, they can mine it for models and stuff.

Speaking of which, Classic/All-Star clear images:

-snip-

Interesting. Though in my opinion I'd be surprised if they released them along with Lucas, even if its painfully obvious they'll be released with him. However, I am excited for Roy/Ryu so I'm also cool with them being released tomorrow.

DK in that fourth image though...
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#805 Posted: 15:03:13 13/06/2015
I swear, if the inkling trophy is just a assist/regular trophy and not dlc....
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#806 Posted: 15:05:18 13/06/2015
Quote: ZapNorris

It's just a regular trophy, for now anyway.

Anyway, here's a Smashboards post with links to everything that was uncovered:

http://smashboards.com/threads...3#post-19398536
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#807 Posted: 15:06:00 13/06/2015

Lucas was a regular trophy...

*fingers crossed*
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#808 Posted: 15:11:02 13/06/2015

*fingers crossed*

Lucas was also a past fighter.

But who knows, though I personally doubt it will happen.
---
you never saw me
#809 Posted: 15:15:25 13/06/2015

*fingers crossed*

At launch, yeah.

This is just a random trophy added to promote Splatoon.

Also Inklings are probably too complex to add as DLC. Every other DLC fighter is a clone/semi-clone, a past character with fairly standard moveset, and Ryu, who's just a martial artist. None of them have any elaborate gimmicks, like Rosalina's Luma, Shulk's Monado Arts, etc. Inklings would more than likely be really gimmicky and require brand new code. All of the current DLC fighters don't, they are formed using existing functions.
---
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#810 Posted: 16:07:26 13/06/2015
Ryu looks nice can't wait to use him.
Roy looks a lot like he did in melee and that worries me I hope he is not just a clone again.
Lucas looks like brawl but I hope they change his FS.
The random inkling trophy is interesting it gives me hope for them.
I for one love the idea of new stages the street fighter stage looks great and hope they continue with a combination of oth new and returning stages.
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#811 Posted: 16:35:22 13/06/2015
Judging from the footage of Ryu you can use his D-Tilt twice to combo into his Hurricane Kick which I think could kill at 60%. I see Ryu's D-Tilt to be a good combo starter similar to Roy.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#812 Posted: 16:44:19 13/06/2015
Those aren't the only things that were leaked:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Also Sound files for the two new characters are out, including Kirby sounds and Announcer calls and crowd chants.

Also Dreamland 64 is going to return, and there are a bunch of leaked songs too.

This is all coming tomorrow.

M-m-MORE MEGA MAN IN SMASH!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!! OMG YES!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE IF IT IS JUST A COSTUME, THIS IS AMAZING! smilie smilie smilie

Pretty cool, you know. smilie
---
Spread those positive vibes
#813 Posted: 16:50:08 13/06/2015
Quote: Katie Tiedrich
our boy is here
[User Posted Image]

- - -
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#814 Posted: 16:52:56 13/06/2015

-I still think Ryu imight have a very similar moveset to Luigi or Dr. Mario. Neutral B: Projectile, Up B: Uppercut, Down B: Spinning move. Side B is still a mystery.

...I'm still going to by them, but like Lucas, I'm mostly buying them for collection purposes.

-Why? Fire Emblem is one of the most underrated Nintendo franchises, and next to one-shot characters (i.e. Mega Man, Shulk, Duck Hunt), has the second least represented franchise on the roster, right before Earthbound/Mother.

-Is that much of a bad thing? Ryu will still be FAR from a clone, and that's essentially what his moves are is Street Fighter IV.

-Counting "cartoon" characters (i.e. Miis, Toon Link, G&W, Olimar, Villager) 28/53 of the characters are non-human. That's the majority. You don't get to argue the point that there needs to be more non-humans in Sm4sh when they're the majority.

-I agree with this statement, but just to point out, Mewtwo could TECHNICALLY be counted as a villain due to his status as such in the Pokemon movies.

-You do know they helped make the game right? Plus Mega Man and Ryu are two pretty iconic video game characters.

-Unless you're using the N3DS, it doesn't have the capacity.
SackBoy01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#815 Posted: 17:34:19 13/06/2015
Roy? smilie I think I have to buy a Wii-U now

------
---
ded
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#816 Posted: 17:48:26 13/06/2015
Quote: StriderSwag

-Why? Fire Emblem is one of the most underrated Nintendo franchises, and next to one-shot characters (i.e. Mega Man, Shulk, Duck Hunt), has the second least represented franchise on the roster, right before Earthbound/Mother.

-Is that much of a bad thing? Ryu will still be FAR from a clone, and that's essentially what his moves are is Street Fighter IV.

-Counting "cartoon" characters (i.e. Miis, Toon Link, G&W, Olimar, Villager) 28/53 of the characters are non-human. That's the majority. You don't get to argue the point that there needs to be more non-humans in Sm4sh when they're the majority.

-I agree with this statement, but just to point out, Mewtwo could TECHNICALLY be counted as a villain due to his status as such in the Pokemon movies.

-You do know they helped make the game right? Plus Mega Man and Ryu are two pretty iconic video game characters.

Your first statement is so wrong. Fire emblem is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises after Awakening. And there are 5 FE Reps. More than most series other than Pokemon and Mario.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:49:09 13/06/2015 by Mesuxelf
#817 Posted: 18:11:08 13/06/2015
Quote:

Kirby only has three reps, and Donkey Kong, Star Fox and Metroid has two, FE has four even before Roy. It's not the second least represented franchise, that's way off. Roy makes it the second most represented franchise, actually, tied with Zelda. It also only has one less character than Super Mario ("Super Mario" being any character with the Mushroom logo - Yoshi and Wario represent their own games).

Quote:

Capcom didn't do anything for Smash Wii U/3DS, other than give Nintendo permission to use their characters and material, and maybe let the original Mega Man/Street Fighter composers make some remixes.

Quote:

Dreamland 64 and the Street Fighter stage are contained in both the 3DS and Wii U updates. In fact, evidence of these was found in the 3DS version in Mewtwo's patch, including this odd occurrence I filmed myself:

---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:13:27 13/06/2015 by sonicbrawler182
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#818 Posted: 18:30:47 13/06/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

Your first statement is so wrong. Fire emblem is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises after Awakening. And there are 5 FE Reps. More than most series other than Pokemon and Mario.

It only really became popular after Awakening, the series was basically dying in the US without it.

I miscounted, sorry. But it still has less than the more popular franchises in Smash, like Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda.
#819 Posted: 18:54:27 13/06/2015
Being tied with one of the biggest franchises in gaming history (Zelda) and just one short of Mario and Pokémon is honestly pretty well for a series like Fire Emblem, arguably more than it deserves, especially with Kirby only getting three.
---
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#820 Posted: 18:55:30 13/06/2015
Being tied with one of the biggest franchises in gaming history (Zelda) and just one short of Mario and Pokémon is honestly pretty well for a series like Fire Emblem, arguably more than it deserves, especially with Kirby only getting three.

*Two short of Mario.
#821 Posted: 19:06:08 13/06/2015
Quote: Mrmorrises

*Two short of Mario.

Sssshhh, we don't talk about him.
---
#822 Posted: 19:11:14 13/06/2015

*Two short of Mario.

Sssshhh, we don't talk about him.

Then we shouldn't talk about Lucina or Dark Pit either.
#823 Posted: 19:45:08 13/06/2015
They're at least different characters in their own games.

Dr. Mario is just Mario in a different outfit.
---
#824 Posted: 20:20:01 13/06/2015

And yet they are both related to Marth or Pit.
#825 Posted: 20:30:50 13/06/2015
Quote: somePerson

And yet they are both related to Marth or Pit.

Related, but not "exactly the same person in a different outfit".

Anyway, Roy and Ryu and SF Stage gameplay:

http://www.twitch.tv/crediar/v/6141016

Ryu has two Final Smashes - Shin Shoryuken and Shinku Hadouken.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:32:29 13/06/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#826 Posted: 21:02:37 13/06/2015
Ryu looks like a Little Mac clone with an added projectile and leg attacks instead of punching.
#827 Posted: 21:54:15 13/06/2015
Maybe we'll see Wolf soon.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#828 Posted: 21:55:35 13/06/2015
Ryu looks like a Little Mac clone with an added projectile and leg attacks instead of punching.

He doesn't look like a clone at all.
---
you never saw me
#829 Posted: 22:07:29 13/06/2015
Maybe we'll see Wolf soon.

Yesssssssss I need Wolf <3
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#830 Posted: 22:09:35 13/06/2015

Fire Emblem is one of the most OVERRATED Nintendo franchises. Maybe you don't go to places where Fire Emblem fanboys are rampant, but I hear way too much about how it's less than spectacular gameplay is "oh so great" and how it came before Final Fantasy Tactics and other games, therefore it's better.

Sort of, but who knows, they could be more creative.

Sorry, but I count everyone you just said (Except possibly Miis) to be humans. Miis you can sort of edit to look non-human, but the others are just humans in a different style.

Mewtwo can technically be any alignment you want him to be. I still think there should be more villains. Not just that, but better ones, since most of the villains are pretty low-tier.

I guess, but still.

Come on, there isn't much color to the 3DS stages: a lot of generic green grass stages and castle stages. While it doesn't limit to those, the stages get dull pretty quickly IMO. I think the Wii stages are cooler.
#831 Posted: 22:11:20 13/06/2015
Double post for formatting reasons.
Guys look at my short videos <3

Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#832 Posted: 22:34:51 13/06/2015
Anyone wanna fight? I need some more practice with others, other than For Glory.
#833 Posted: 22:36:20 13/06/2015
Quote: Underian
Anyone wanna fight? I need some more practice with others, other than For Glory.

Sure, I'm up for it if it's a 1v1.
#834 Posted: 22:38:46 13/06/2015

Could you make the room, please.
#835 Posted: 22:40:59 13/06/2015

Could you make the room, please.

Done.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#836 Posted: 23:00:00 13/06/2015
Mugo, can you tell me why Kid Icarus is an overrated and shallow franchise?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#837 Posted: 23:51:26 13/06/2015
Can we all just agree that Ike has one of the best bairs in the game?
#838 Posted: 00:39:50 14/06/2015
Am I the only one disappointed that most of the DLC so far is all returning characters? Like don't get me wrong Lucas, Roy and Mewtwo are great but, how is that Ryu is the only new character.
#839 Posted: 00:43:40 14/06/2015
Am I the only one disappointed that most of the DLC so far is all returning characters? Like don't get me wrong Lucas, Roy and Mewtwo are great but, how is that Ryu is the only new character.

This isn't all of the DLC yet.

It's more than likely whatever characters are picked from the Smash Ballot will be newcomers, and I'm sure we have one or two more besides that.
---
#840 Posted: 00:56:42 14/06/2015

This isn't all of the DLC yet.

It's more than likely whatever characters are picked from the Smash Ballot will be newcomers, and I'm sure we have one or two more besides that.

Yes, I realize this isn't all the DLC yet, that's why I said 'so far', but yes, it's highly probable. Just seeing if anyone else thought the same way I did.
#841 Posted: 00:58:01 14/06/2015
Watch there be exclusive DLC like Wolf for 3DS and Ice Climbers for Wii U.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#842 Posted: 01:05:42 14/06/2015
Guys Namco helped to make the game not Capcom.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6139
#843 Posted: 01:09:47 14/06/2015
Quote: somePerson
Watch there be exclusive DLC like Wolf for 3DS and Ice Climbers for Wii U.

That won't happen. The main reason Ice Climbers was cut altogether is because Sakurai said from the beginning he wants to keep the roster the same for both versions and the 3DS couldn't handle them.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#844 Posted: 02:50:59 14/06/2015 | Topic Creator
So Mugo, how about that Ryu not having an original moveset and being a Mario clone, eh?
---
words. letters. filler.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#845 Posted: 02:53:02 14/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Also, apparently Ryu also have combo attacks that can only be used with the select inputs.
---
words. letters. filler.
#846 Posted: 03:23:09 14/06/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Also, apparently Ryu also have combo attacks that can only be used with the select inputs.

With his massive library of combos inputs I will say that his downfall is the limited amount of kill moves.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#847 Posted: 03:39:24 14/06/2015
Get ready for the Hadouken spammers!
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#848 Posted: 03:42:12 14/06/2015
Quote: HIR
OH MY GOD THAT LAST CLEAR IMAGE ^_______^

"I AM YOSHI... AND I WILL SHOW YOU THE MEANING OF PAIN!

Still can't believed this all leaked. Tell me what's the point of having E3 anymore?! =_="

cool trailers
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#849 Posted: 03:51:30 14/06/2015
Ryu looks interesting and quite unique, unlike Mewtwo (who's basically a lighter Lucario with 2 of the same/similar attacks).

I'm REALLY happy to see N64 Dreamland come back (yes, it's confirmed). Instantly threw me back when I saw that the Stage Preview image was found in the files. I even heard the theme in my head, lol. So many memories of when I used to play Smash Bros N64 years ago.

Also, on the typical heated debate of "who's better than who," I recently recorded a replay that shows how tiers can be completely wrong and strictly depend on your playstyle.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
First | Previous | Page 17 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me