Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters!
First | Previous | Page 13 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters! [CLOSED]
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#601 Posted: 01:31:45 03/06/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: I-Brawler

Do you REALLY think that?

dr mario op yo

I donlt like many of the smash opinions.

Rob and Bowser Jr. are NOT S tier. What makes you think that?

You don't like my opinions?

Well I'm not sorry to say that you're just gonna have to deal with that.
---
you never saw me
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#602 Posted: 01:32:33 03/06/2015

dr mario op yo

But still, what makes you think those two are S tier?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#603 Posted: 01:34:02 03/06/2015

Probably either main bias or how good they and people they know are at them.
imo Toon Link should be S tier because of main bias and I'm ****ing unstoppable with him
#604 Posted: 01:36:05 03/06/2015

Reasons I said R.O.B. was the best in the game a few pages back for him and uhhhh

for Jr

he's got the Mechakoopa
Side Special Combos kinda like Sonic
a very small heavyweight
an abundance of kill moves and the like

I know I might now be the best at explaining things in detail but those are my reasons

Quote: StriderSwag
imo Toon Link should be S tier because of main bias and I'm ****ing unstoppable with him

BUT I DON'T EVEN HAVE JR IN MY TOP 10

THAT'S ONLY 50% MAIN BIAS EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOT EVEN BIAS
---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:37:54 03/06/2015 by I-Brawler
#605 Posted: 01:36:50 03/06/2015

Same with me for Lucario, Pit and my other mains.

Lucario has the aura mechanic and with max aura can kill at 50%. Instant top tier.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#606 Posted: 02:04:36 03/06/2015
Hey Sonicbrawler, who do you think actually is the single worst character in the game? Would you say Dr. Mario? I'm kinda torn between him and Charizard (the most predictable character in the game).
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#607 Posted: 02:11:39 03/06/2015
IMO Charizard is the worst, his recovery is horrible if you forget to hit the jump button before doing it, and he's even slower than Bowser.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
A10theHero Green Sparx Gems: 258
#608 Posted: 04:23:24 03/06/2015
Mii Swordfighter for bottom tier! smilie
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#609 Posted: 12:13:07 03/06/2015
Honestly, I think a lot of supposed "top tier" characters are the worst. I've played with Sonic for so long and I cannot figure out what people see in him. Oh wait, he's fast, that automatically makes someone god-tier. His killing options are next to non-existant, and he has no true ranged options (despite what some people seem to think). The same thing goes for characters like Diddy Kong and Shiek: they're fast, but they have mythical killing options. It feels like the tiers aren't based on who can win the game, but based on who's merely fast. The only exception being Rosalina and Luma.
#610 Posted: 12:53:35 03/06/2015
Quote: MugoUrth
Honestly, I think a lot of supposed "top tier" characters are the worst. I've played with Sonic for so long and I cannot figure out what people see in him. Oh wait, he's fast, that automatically makes someone god-tier. His killing options are next to non-existant, and he has no true ranged options (despite what some people seem to think). The same thing goes for characters like Diddy Kong and Shiek: they're fast, but they have mythical killing options. It feels like the tiers aren't based on who can win the game, but based on who's merely fast. The only exception being Rosalina and Luma.

Sonic:
Back Air
Up/Down/Side Smash
Up Air by top blast line
Homing Attack (situational)
Back Throw, though it's knockback has been reduced so not sure if it's as reliable someone else can confirm that

Sheik:
Bouncing Fish
All smashes as usual
uh, edgeguarding game
not exactly a Sheik main so idk what kills though I know back air was nerfed and doesn't even kill in multi-man

Diddy:
Smashes as usual
Down Air
Forward Air
Back Air
etc.

Though ZeRo's Sheik and Diddy will give you more than enough there

yes, they may not be like, your favorite fighters, but they are good

Bonus

Ganondorf:
Up Smash
Down Smash
Side Smash
Up Tilt
Down Tilt
Side Tilt
Forward Air
Back Air
Down Air
Up Air
Neutral Air
Standard Special
Down Special

so everything but the grabs
---
you never saw me
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#611 Posted: 13:34:31 03/06/2015

Sonic is a character with a high skill floor, though the immediate merits are his bait-and-punish ability and his powerful KO options. His Forward Smash is one of the best in the game - IIRC, it has the shortest start-up and end lag of all Forward Smash's in the game, and of course, it's one of the most powerful. Before the Mewtwo patch, his back throw was completely over-powered too, but they nerfed that (though it's still great for simply getting people off the stage for a follow-up). His Back Air has been infamously strong since Brawl, and his F-air and U-air are now good KO moves too, especially coming out of a combo, and his D-air now spikes. His default Up-B also grants him more than a few invincibility frames (I actually only discovered this due to an in-game loading screen tip - dunno if it was like that in Brawl) while also being great at follow-ups.

Sonic also has more than a few advanced techniques that are unique to him/he gets the best use out of:

Sonic isn't so great because he's fast - he was fast in Brawl (fastest runner in the game, and that holds true in Smash 4 too), yet he was still only barely mid-tier. He just barely has any real weaknesses in this game, which is a common theme with the top tiers. Any weakness he has is well masked by another strength of his. I'd say Sonic's main problem is just that he requires a lot of practice and precision, like Rosalina, except unlike Rosalina, he doesn't have a Luma or anything to mitigate mistakes players might make as him. Also, Sonic doesn't have a projectile, so that's an obvious thing he hasn't got. He can struggle against strong defensive play or strong projectile play, but only if the person playing as him isn't good enough (e.g. he has a positive MU against Bowser, but a real good Bowser player will be barely be touched by a subpar Sonic player - my Sonic play hasn't been up to snuff lately, and a real talented friend of mine mains Bowser and wrecks my Sonic as him, because I, as a player, don't know how to handle a super defensive Bowser player yet, as Sonic).

Sheik doesn't have great KO options, but she arguably doesn't even need them. Sheik's moves have next to no start-up or lag almost across the ENTIRE board, which makes her the ultimate rushdown character. She also has an amazing projectile in the needles, and a recovery that is risky to try and punish (the initial blast of her Up B has very strong launch power, so mistiming an attempt to deny her recovery can result in you being KO'd yourself). A good Sheik player will get you up to 200% really easily in less than a minute, and that's more than her general KO range. Yeah, she won't be KOing Bowser as early as 60% like Rosalina might, but it doesn't matter when she can get you to the KO percent she needs you to be at without any problems, and can keep you fumbling in the air. There are some characters that can deal with her (Rosalina for example - while ZeRo believes Rosalina might have the advantage against her, I'd just call Sheik VS Rosalina the most even MU in this game right now that isn't a ditto. The start of the match pretty much decides things between them), but in general, she has no problems juggling people for days.

Diddy of course had infamously good KO options before the Mewtwo patch, so I don't even need to talk about that. They nerfed that aspect of him and made him a bit weaker in general, but he can still KO alright. And Diddy is not necessarily fast to begin with, he's just mobile and has great air game, and has a lot of tools for playing mind games like Side B and the Bananas. And he can combo pretty well, but the Hoo-Hah combo was removed. Nobody will argue that he's the best in the game anymore, but he's still top 8 material.

Also Rosalina is sort of classed as a somewhat fast character due to her attack start up and end lag being pretty low in general, and having techniques like Lunar Landing, but it's obviously not her main strength.

Tiers are nothing to do with who's fast. ZeRo, the best Smash 4 player in the world, marks the top 8 characters like so:

[User Posted Image]

The only characters there that can be classed as straight up "fast" are Sheik, Pikachu, and Sonic. Diddy is DECENTLY fast, as is Rosalina, and I guess you could say they are above average, but neither of them super mega ultra speedsters. Mii Brawler depends on the size of the actual Mii in question, but he's kinda in that average range when you take his attacks into consideration. Ness is straight up average in speed if not slightly below, and Luigi is straight up slow in this game.

Tiers are based on character potential and tournament results mainly. Speed has nothing to do with that, but with some characters it just so happens to be a good strength of theirs.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#612 Posted: 16:25:04 03/06/2015
Im still hopelessly waiting for storymode DLC...
#613 Posted: 16:48:29 03/06/2015
Quote: Underian
Im still hopelessly waiting for storymode DLC...

#subspace part 2
---
you never saw me
#614 Posted: 17:25:52 03/06/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Sonic is a character with a high skill floor, though the immediate merits are his bait-and-punish ability and his powerful KO options. His Forward Smash is one of the best in the game - IIRC, it has the shortest start-up and end lag of all Forward Smash's in the game, and of course, it's one of the most powerful. Before the Mewtwo patch, his back throw was completely over-powered too, but they nerfed that (though it's still great for simply getting people off the stage for a follow-up). His Back Air has been infamously strong since Brawl, and his F-air and U-air are now good KO moves too, especially coming out of a combo, and his D-air now spikes. His default Up-B also grants him more than a few invincibility frames (I actually only discovered this due to an in-game loading screen tip - dunno if it was like that in Brawl) while also being great at follow-ups.

Sonic also has more than a few advanced techniques that are unique to him/he gets the best use out of:

Sonic isn't so great because he's fast - he was fast in Brawl (fastest runner in the game, and that holds true in Smash 4 too), yet he was still only barely mid-tier. He just barely has any real weaknesses in this game, which is a common theme with the top tiers. Any weakness he has is well masked by another strength of his. I'd say Sonic's main problem is just that he requires a lot of practice and precision, (Yeah, that's it) like Rosalina, except unlike Rosalina, he doesn't have a Luma or anything to mitigate mistakes players might make as him. Also, Sonic doesn't have a projectile, so that's an obvious thing he hasn't got. He can struggle against strong defensive play or strong projectile play, but only if the person playing as him isn't good enough (e.g. he has a positive MU against Bowser, but a real good Bowser player will be barely be touched by a subpar Sonic player - my Sonic play hasn't been up to snuff lately, and a real talented friend of mine mains Bowser and wrecks my Sonic as him, because I, as a player, don't know how to handle a super defensive Bowser player yet, as Sonic).

Sheik doesn't have great KO options, but she arguably doesn't even need them. Sheik's moves have next to no start-up or lag almost across the ENTIRE board, which makes her the ultimate rushdown character. She also has an amazing projectile in the needles, and a recovery that is risky to try and punish (the initial blast of her Up B has very strong launch power, so mistiming an attempt to deny her recovery can result in you being KO'd yourself). A good Sheik player will get you up to 200% really easily in less than a minute, and that's more than her general KO range. Yeah, she won't be KOing Bowser as early as 60% like Rosalina might, but it doesn't matter when she can get you to the KO percent she needs you to be at without any problems, and can keep you fumbling in the air. There are some characters that can deal with her (Rosalina for example - while ZeRo believes Rosalina might have the advantage against her, I'd just call Sheik VS Rosalina the most even MU in this game right now that isn't a ditto. The start of the match pretty much decides things between them), but in general, she has no problems juggling people for days.

Diddy of course had infamously good KO options before the Mewtwo patch, so I don't even need to talk about that. They nerfed that aspect of him and made him a bit weaker in general, but he can still KO alright. And Diddy is not necessarily fast to begin with, he's just mobile and has great air game, and has a lot of tools for playing mind games like Side B and the Bananas. And he can combo pretty well, but the Hoo-Hah combo was removed. Nobody will argue that he's the best in the game anymore, but he's still top 8 material.

Also Rosalina is sort of classed as a somewhat fast character due to her attack start up and end lag being pretty low in general, and having techniques like Lunar Landing, but it's obviously not her main strength.

Tiers are nothing to do with who's fast. ZeRo, the best Smash 4 player in the world, marks the top 8 characters like so:

[User Posted Image]

The only characters there that can be classed as straight up "fast" are Sheik, Pikachu, and Sonic. Diddy is DECENTLY fast, as is Rosalina, and I guess you could say they are above average, but neither of them super mega ultra speedsters. Mii Brawler depends on the size of the actual Mii in question, but he's kinda in that average range when you take his attacks into consideration. Ness is straight up average in speed if not slightly below, and Luigi is straight up slow in this game.

Tiers are based on character potential and tournament results mainly. Speed has nothing to do with that, but with some characters it just so happens to be a good strength of theirs.

Sometimes I cannot help but wonder if we're even playing the same game. I've played his game for so long, and most of the bolded just feels like you made it up.

Also, I'm surprised Captain Falcon, Yoshi and Zero Suit Samus aren't in your top-8.

IT'S ALSO FUN BEATING UP FURRIES!

Hyerheyrhyer. I jest I jest!

dieplz.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:28:26 03/06/2015 by MugoUrth
#615 Posted: 17:33:41 03/06/2015

Sonic isn't so great because he's fast - he was fast in Brawl (fastest runner in the game, and that holds true in Smash 4 too), yet he was still only barely mid-tier. He just barely has any real weaknesses in this game, which is a common theme with the top tiers. Any weakness he has is well masked by another strength of his. I'd say Sonic's main problem is just that he requires a lot of practice and precision, (Yeah, that's it) like Rosalina, except unlike Rosalina, he doesn't have a Luma or anything to mitigate mistakes players might make as him. Also, Sonic doesn't have a projectile, so that's an obvious thing he hasn't got. He can struggle against strong defensive play or strong projectile play, but only if the person playing as him isn't good enough (e.g. he has a positive MU against Bowser, but a real good Bowser player will be barely be touched by a subpar Sonic player - my Sonic play hasn't been up to snuff lately, and a real talented friend of mine mains Bowser and wrecks my Sonic as him, because I, as a player, don't know how to handle a super defensive Bowser player yet, as Sonic).

[User Posted Image]

Sometimes I cannot help but wonder if we're even playing the same game. I've played his game for so long, and most of the bolded just feels like you made it up.

Also, I'm surprised Captain Falcon, Yoshi and Zero Suit Samus aren't in your top-8.

IT'S ALSO FUN BEATING UP FURRIES!

Hyerheyrhyer. I jest I jest!

dieplz.

------------
---
#616 Posted: 17:43:13 03/06/2015

if you've been playing smash 4 i can confirm these
---
you never saw me
#617 Posted: 18:05:06 03/06/2015
Really, cause I have done just about everything with Sonic, and nothing that was just mentioned can actually KO easily. Not to mention, he's fairly light and can be KOed early. Also, Shiek's moves having no start-up or lag? Shiek's side special leaves her open for a really long time, her bouncing fish is easy to see coming, and seriously, good players are not going to be easily combed like that. Diddy's supposedly cheap KO options were always a myth. With the nerf he got awhile ago, he's even WORSE at killing opponents.

Also, there's no reason Captain Falcon shouldn't be up there. He is way overpowered, being good at just about EVERYTHING.
#618 Posted: 18:10:10 03/06/2015

Also, there's no reason Captain Falcon shouldn't be up there. He is way overpowered, being good at just about EVERYTHING.

I agree with you 100%, he's insanely good at everything.
#619 Posted: 18:37:47 03/06/2015
Really, cause I have done just about everything with Sonic, and nothing that was just mentioned can actually KO easily. Not to mention, he's fairly light and can be KOed early. Also, Shiek's moves having no start-up or lag? Shiek's side special leaves her open for a really long time, her bouncing fish is easy to see coming, and seriously, good players are not going to be easily combed like that. Diddy's supposedly cheap KO options were always a myth. With the nerf he got awhile ago, he's even WORSE at killing opponents.

You're not playing Sonic correctly then. Also he's directly in the middle of the roster at 95 weight.

*cough*side special is terrible in most cases we are referring to stuff like forward air and forward tilt and the like*cough*

have....have you seen up air before the patch? I wasn't complaining about it but, did you SEE IT?

on a completely unrelated note, wanna smash sometime? or not, that's ok as well
---
you never saw me
#620 Posted: 18:58:40 03/06/2015

You're not playing Sonic correctly then. Also he's directly in the middle of the roster at 95 weight.

*cough*side special is terrible in most cases we are referring to stuff like forward air and forward tilt and the like*cough*

have....have you seen up air before the patch? I wasn't complaining about it but, did you SEE IT?

I've used his Up-Air before the patch. I found nothing special in it.

I don't get a lot of opportunities to play, unfortunately. As far as skill goes, I'm about average.
#621 Posted: 19:12:30 03/06/2015

I've used his Up-Air before the patch. I found nothing special in it.

I don't get a lot of opportunities to play, unfortunately. As far as skill goes, I'm about average.

one instance
---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:13:03 03/06/2015 by I-Brawler
#622 Posted: 21:14:35 03/06/2015
Quote:

I assure you we are playing the exact same game. Just because you can't replicate something or can't see it, doesn't mean other people made it up.
---
#623 Posted: 22:43:28 03/06/2015
Quote:

I assure you we are playing the exact same game. Just because you can't replicate something or can't see it, doesn't mean other people made it up.

Like Rosalina's mythical ability to KO Bowser at 60%? Even if she COULD do it (which she really can't. I've done EVERYTHING I can to try and get it to happen, but it never works), I doubt she could do it easily and reliably. (Also, Bowser can KO Rosie at 60% with a fully charged forward smash. ...Of course, only an idiot is going to be hit by a fully charged smash attack, but still.)
#624 Posted: 22:46:21 03/06/2015
"I've done everything I can with a character I'm not normally a player of, yet I still can't do it. I am the best player of this character, clearly nobody else can do it if I can't."

Seriously dude, please don't go there.
---
#625 Posted: 22:48:57 03/06/2015
"I've done everything I can with a character I'm not normally a player of, yet I still can't do it. I am the best player of this character, clearly nobody else can do it if I can't."

Seriously dude, please don't go there.

Actually, I play with Rosalina quite a bit. Don't assume I don't know a lot about her just because she isn't my number 1 main.
#626 Posted: 22:52:46 03/06/2015
Then don't assume the character isn't capable of something just because you yourself can't do it.

You've been given a video on how it's done before. If you can't do it, then it's just you. Doesn't change the fact it can be done.

This goes for anything else, not just with Rosalina.
---
#627 Posted: 23:16:52 03/06/2015
Then don't assume the character isn't capable of something just because you yourself can't do it.

You've been given a video on how it's done before. If you can't do it, then it's just you. Doesn't change the fact it can be done.

I spent HOURS trying to replicate that HACKED Rosalina's 60% Bowser KO. I'm not "assuming" she can't do it, she CAN'T do it.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#628 Posted: 23:18:31 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator

I spent HOURS trying to replicate that HACKED Rosalina's 60% Bowser KO. I'm not "assuming" she can't do it, she CAN'T do it.

Again, just because you can't do it, doesn't mean she can't do it. There's proof that she CAN do it.
---
words. letters. filler.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#629 Posted: 23:20:41 03/06/2015

My friend has done it to me before when we were trying to do it. It isn't impossible.
#630 Posted: 23:21:13 03/06/2015
Yo, uh, I just tried Rosalina's side smash on Bowser at Omega battlefield and it DIDN'T KO him.

Sooo, yeah.
---
#631 Posted: 23:23:44 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Yo, uh, I just tried Rosalina's side smash on Bowser at Omega battlefield and it DIDN'T KO him.

Sooo, yeah.

Only one time isn't going to be perfect.
---
words. letters. filler.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8756
#632 Posted: 23:24:30 03/06/2015
Please nerf.
#633 Posted: 23:25:17 03/06/2015

Sooo, yeah.

What has that got to do with anything?

And obviously if you didn't KO him you didn't have him at a high enough percent relative to position. That move is a fine KO move.
---
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#634 Posted: 23:26:12 03/06/2015
When the **** is Tourney mode coming?
#635 Posted: 23:27:36 03/06/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Sooo, yeah.

Only one time isn't going to be perfect.

I tried 3 or 4 times.

I did near the edge and indeed get a kill. So it IS possible if circumstances allow it.
---
#636 Posted: 23:28:38 03/06/2015
I hope you guys realise that "KO percents" are a thing.

Dunno why Rosalina's F-Smash was brought up though, it has nothing to do with anything.
---
#637 Posted: 23:29:28 03/06/2015
Quote: zer0dch

a-a-anyone

its the only thing that has me from not giving the game to my friend.
#638 Posted: 23:29:58 03/06/2015
It will likely be elaborated on at E3.
---
#639 Posted: 23:31:44 03/06/2015
It will likely be elaborated on at E3.

wasn't it announced last october? jeez, what a wait. there was no reason to hold it off other than it not being programmed right or something lame.

tournament mode should have been released earlier to keep the game momentum going
#640 Posted: 23:32:03 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator

a-a-anyone

its the only thing that has me from not giving the game to my friend.

Probably with the Lucas update this month.
---
words. letters. filler.
#641 Posted: 23:32:16 03/06/2015

Sooo, yeah.

What has that got to do with anything?

And obviously if you didn't KO him you didn't have him at a high enough percent relative to position. That move is a fine KO move.

Oh! I thought you mean't using her side smash, but you mean in general.

Then it's very possible, but very tough.
---
#642 Posted: 23:34:05 03/06/2015
What's possible and tough? KO'ing Bowser?
---
#643 Posted: 23:36:17 03/06/2015

Rosaluma killing Bowser at 60%.
---
#644 Posted: 23:37:04 03/06/2015
tournament mode should have been released earlier to keep the game momentum going

because you know
online battles and amiibo training arent things at all
#645 Posted: 23:39:26 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Onlines punishments are ****. Me disconnecting from a match because someone had the ****tiest connection that made 1 minute in game last 5 actual minutes, made me get a 20 minute ban.
---
words. letters. filler.
#646 Posted: 23:45:00 03/06/2015

because you know

amiibo training

for what point
#647 Posted: 23:45:44 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator

because you know

amiibo training

for what point

amiibo tournaments
---
words. letters. filler.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8756
#648 Posted: 23:47:20 03/06/2015

because you know

amiibo training

for what point

amiibo tournaments

So one gets dumbed down while the other gets nothing. 7^-^7
#649 Posted: 23:50:42 03/06/2015

because you know

amiibo training

for what point

amiibo tournaments

literallywhy.jpeg
#650 Posted: 23:50:59 03/06/2015

Rosaluma killing Bowser at 60%.

That's specifically with her U-air. I didn't say it was with every move.

Rosalina is all around really good at getting KOs (even ZeRo notes it in his video on the top tiers), so her being able to KO people early isn't surprising to anyone who knows the character well.

Here is my video example of how early the move KO's once again (on Marth, but it gets the point across). And I will note that Rage only kicks in at 50%, so I wasn't in Rage here.

---
First | Previous | Page 13 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me