darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015)
First | Previous | Page 18 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 107 108 109
Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#851 Posted: 20:10:51 03/06/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Mind showing me which video?

Really can't remember. I think it was one of the videos from the Skyfamily, I remember Lou pointing it out.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#852 Posted: 20:15:06 03/06/2015
Just absorbing/viewing all this now...I think the trailer is absolutely terrible. Of all the great and exciting things they have done in that past, this is the best they could com eup with? Doesn't feel like a Skylanders game whatsoever smilie
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#853 Posted: 20:16:13 03/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Mind showing me which video?

Really can't remember. I think it was one of the videos from the Skyfamily, I remember Lou pointing it out.

Right around 5:31 and then some.

WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#854 Posted: 20:17:12 03/06/2015
I see light and dark!!!!

[User Posted Image]

Look closely. I see to other elements at the top of the poster while I see the other 8 elements down below it. I also think they are doing the thing like they did in Swap Force where the probably put a car down the middle.
---
Spread those positive vibes
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#855 Posted: 20:18:52 03/06/2015
Tigorus I respect your opinions (expecially the ones regarding the Infinity vibe since I'm still pondering on it) but I have to disagree on the revamped characters.

I would have preferred brand new characters over them a thousand times.
You have to think about it: why did they gave them the "honor" to be SuperChargers...?

To me the answer is quite evident: because otherwise they probably wouldn't have sold so much.

They could have simply left them as Cores.
The new twist would have remained and they would have been priced like regular figures also giving more space to entirely new Skylanders.
Even better: could have created completely new characters using their new movesets.

Instead they decided to give them the possibility to own a vehicle and supercharge it too.

As I said I probably eventually buy all the vehicles if they will prove to be unique enough.
Can't say the same about revamps at all.

Hopefully Rift into Overdrive will explain this idea better but still.
They are simply a choice I personally don't like.
Definitely won't make me skip the game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#856 Posted: 20:21:18 03/06/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard
I see light and dark!!!!

[User Posted Image]

Look closely. I see to other elements at the top of the poster while I see the other 8 elements down below it. I also think they are doing the thing like they did in Swap Force where the probably put a car down the middle.

Oh yeah, I can see it too. So in their case, it's just one vehicle per element? But it doesn't seem to make sense because there's only a pair of vehicles next to the others as well, and we know they have at least two vehicles per element.
---
#857 Posted: 20:23:28 03/06/2015
I see light and dark!!!!

[User Posted Image]

Oh yeah, I can see it too. So in their case, it's just one vehicle per element? But it doesn't seem to make sense because there's only a pair of vehicles next to the others as well, and we know they have at least two vehicles per element.

Well, what I see on that poster is 2 cars in the middle of each element row. And I also see 2 superchargers, and 2 new cores.
---
#858 Posted: 20:24:25 03/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
Tigorus I respect your opinions (expecially the ones regarding the Infinity vibe since I'm still pondering on it) but I have to disagree on the revamped characters.

You have to think about it: why did they gave them the "honor" to be SuperChargers...?

To me the answer is quite evident: because otherwise they probably wouldn't have sold so much.

The new twist would have remained and they would have been priced like regular figures also giving more space to entirely new Skylanders.
Even better: could have created completely new characters using their new movesets.

Instead they decided to give them the possibility to own a vehicle and supercharge it too.

As I said I probably eventually buy all the vehicles if they will prove to be unique enough.

Yeah I hear ya man. I'm not a fan of the reposes as they've been implemented in the series so far. They are also indicating that these vehicles are characters in their own right thus included in the total character count. I personally love returning characters in a new capacity but I can also see the need/want for straight up new blood. How can you not love the new Terrafin though lol...he's so badass lol. Ironically I've always been a fan of the Corelanders (Trap Team did have some amazing Cores) but I can also appreciate a new take on old blood.
#859 Posted: 20:30:21 03/06/2015
I see them but can't really tell which pictures depicts the vehicles and which ones the Skylanders.

That's what I see and I already know it's wrong:
4 characters per Element (2 for Light and Dark) and only 10 vehicles.

Really too blurry as of now.

However did you noticed that thing in the upper-middle part of the poster?

It doesn't look like a vehicle but not really like a SuperCharger either.

I can make out Hot Streak and Spitfire on the left as well as the Magic goat and her boat.
Any idea?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#860 Posted: 20:30:44 03/06/2015
I see light and dark!!!!

[User Posted Image]

Oh man, I wish there was a bigger picture of this.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#861 Posted: 20:38:17 03/06/2015
Quote: Tigorus

Yeah I hear ya man. I'm not a fan of the reposes as they've been implemented in the series so far. They are also indicating that these vehicles are characters in their own right thus included in the total character count. I personally love returning characters in a new capacity but I can also see the need/want for straight up new blood. How can you not love the new Terrafin though lol...he's so badass lol. Ironically I've always been a fan of the Corelanders (Trap Team did have some amazing Cores) but I can also appreciate a new take on old blood.

I really like Terrafin's new look.
He's truly badass.

But unfortunately a rocket shooter, some fancy armor and a new moveset won't make me buy him.
*gosh... I thought I would have NEVER said that... smilie*

I just really miss a Core focused game... I think that might have been one of the reasons why SA felt so magical and unique.
No gimmick outside of the idea of Toys to Life itself.

They always went wild with them.
But HEY, these new SuperChargers aren't that far from Cores after all!
They seem quite varied and creative.

I guess it's my OCD part coming out at the wrong moments... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#862 Posted: 20:38:25 03/06/2015
Not sure if this has been asked yet but can everything be completed and unlocked in this game with only one of each vehicle like one of each trap in the last game?
#863 Posted: 20:43:20 03/06/2015
Quote: wah543
Not sure if this has been asked yet but can everything be completed and unlocked in this game with only one of each vehicle like one of each trap in the last game?

As per the usual you can complete the main story with everything in the starter. To experience everything additional purchases will be required.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:43:31 03/06/2015 by Tigorus
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#864 Posted: 20:44:23 03/06/2015
Quote: wah543

Apparently you will need "only" the car of the starter pack.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#865 Posted: 20:48:18 03/06/2015
It's releasing September 24th in Australia.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#866 Posted: 20:48:19 03/06/2015
To complete the game 100%, you need a vehicle of every type (land, air and sea) and a vehicle from every element. There are vehicle elemental zones!
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
#867 Posted: 20:48:30 03/06/2015

He's truly badass.

But unfortunately a rocket shooter, some fancy armor and a new moveset won't make me buy him.

I just really miss a Core focused game... I think that might have been one of the reasons why SA felt so magical and unique.

Oh man well as long as you think the new Terrafin is a badass there's still hope for you... smilie .

I 100% agree with you regarding a core game experience. I would love to just see them get creative on the Skylanders themselves and not the gimmick...hell no gimmick for once just a game that rox my sox!!! To use a food analogy, they are too interested in selling the Happy Meal based on the toy inside (or the gimmick in this case) instead of selling us on the food (the core game experience) that comes with the meal. That being said I will give them the benefit of the doubt since what I've seen looks amazing and fun as all hell!!!
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#868 Posted: 20:48:46 03/06/2015
Like can you get 100% of the things in levels and things like that? from just 3 vehicles?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:50:29 03/06/2015 by wah543
#869 Posted: 20:52:30 03/06/2015
Quote: myskylanders
To complete the game 100%, you need a vehicle of every type (land, air and sea) and a vehicle from every element. There are vehicle elemental zones!

No Elemental Gates? Lou implied there are a lot of levels,things could get repetitive if they're just vehicle sections.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:52:46 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#870 Posted: 20:55:35 03/06/2015

No Elemental Gates? Lou implied there are a lot of levels,things could get repetitive if they're just vehicle sections.

I'm sure there will be.

And your right, Lou implied that there are a lot of levels this time around.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#871 Posted: 20:56:53 03/06/2015

I believe Myskylanders is stating that there are Vehicular Elemental gates just like there were Traptanium Elemental gates.
#872 Posted: 20:59:37 03/06/2015

He's truly badass.

Oh man well as long as you think the new Terrafin is a badass there's still hope for you... smilie .

I 100% agree with you regarding a core game experience. I would love to just see them get creative on the Skylanders themselves and not the gimmick...hell no gimmick for once just a game that rox my sox!!! To use a food analogy, they are too interested in selling the Happy Meal based on the toy inside (or the gimmick in this case) instead of selling us on the food (the core game experience) that comes with the meal. That being said I will give them the benefit of the doubt since what I've seen looks amazing and fun as all hell!!!

Absolutely agree.

Not only is this game currently looking amazing and fun but I'm also sure I will enjoy it a lot once I'll get used to the gimmick. smilie

It's just too much "innovation" in a single day...
Vehicles, no actual Cores, revamped old Skylanders, online, traps supported, Light and Dark returning...
Too much. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#873 Posted: 21:14:55 03/06/2015
If there aren't only 20 characters and 20 vehicles (variants are expected) I'm out. If there's minis and additional cores I'm leaving this franchise...
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#874 Posted: 21:16:21 03/06/2015
Quote: JetVac96
If there aren't only 20 characters and 20 vehicles (variants are expected) I'm out. If there's minis and additional cores I'm leaving this franchise...

Why leave? Just don't get the minis or cores...
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#875 Posted: 21:17:22 03/06/2015
Quote: ninja9351

Why leave? Just don't get the minis or cores...

Exactly. smilie
---
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#876 Posted: 21:17:41 03/06/2015

Lou confirmed that there will be no new minis and no other cores. It is just 20 and 20 not counting variants according to Lou.
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#877 Posted: 21:17:49 03/06/2015

We've been told (but don't take it as gospel) that there are ONLY vehicle elemental gates, just like Trap Team, no normal elemental gates.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#878 Posted: 21:18:05 03/06/2015
Just so I am clear, ALL figures being released for this game are vehicle/racing inspired? Nothing will be traditional?
#879 Posted: 21:19:18 03/06/2015
Quote: wideawakewesley

We've been told (but don't take it as gospel) that there are ONLY vehicle elemental gates, just like Trap Team, no normal elemental gates.

So it's kind of a reverse Trap Team? In that we only need one figure and then all the gimmick stuff?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#880 Posted: 21:19:23 03/06/2015

Wait wait wait... vehicle elemental zones? Hype=gone.

Trap Team's Traptanium Elemental Zones made me mad and determined NOT to get any Trap Masters past the ones I got when I bought the game. Honestly, the only reason I bought so many of the first game's figures was so that I was set for any sequels. The fact that Activision's basically saying that our past purchases don't matter, all that matters is that you buy 9 more $15 figures every game on top of the $75 Starter Pack...

Too soon to tell if I'll get the game or not, but if you need a vehicle of each element... It just makes me so much less likely to get it.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:24:19 03/06/2015 by ladala
#881 Posted: 21:23:29 03/06/2015
Quote: wideawakewesley

Well glad I was planning to get at least a vehicle per Element then.

Quote: TOlofter
Just so I am clear, ALL figures being released for this game are vehicle/racing inspired? Nothing will be traditional?

Yes according to the infos we've got.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#882 Posted: 21:24:32 03/06/2015
Quote: ladala

Trap Team's Traptanium Elemental Zones made me mad and determined NOT to get any Trap Masters past the ones I got when I bought the game. Honestly, the only reason I bought so many of the first game's figures was so that I was set for any sequels. The fact that Activision's basically saying that our past purchases don't matter, all that matters is that you buy 10 more $15 figures every game on top of the $75 Starter Pack...

Too soon to tell if I'll get the game or not, but if you need a vehicle of each element... It just makes me so much less likely to get it.

lol why would your hype be gone for new game play and mechanics? The Gimmick gate HAD to be expected and seems to be a corporate imperative. Does it suck yes, but it was to be expected and kind of obvious. It feels less crappy though (to me at least) since I'm sure I'll want all the vehicles anyway. What they've shown looks awesome. I'm not just buying a second round of Giants with transparent weapons but freaking vehicles and different types at that (Boats, Subs, Planes, Rockets, Tanks, etc.).
#883 Posted: 21:25:12 03/06/2015

Trap Team's Traptanium Elemental Zones made me mad and determined NOT to get any Trap Masters past the ones I got when I bought the game. Honestly, the only reason I bought so many of the first game's figures was so that I was set for any sequels. The fact that Activision's basically saying that our past purchases don't matter, all that matters is that you buy 9 more $15 figures every game on top of the $75 Starter Pack...

I can't believe this series designed to make tons of money is trying to make tons of money.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#884 Posted: 21:28:42 03/06/2015
If it is really only 28 I'm fine with that, the reason is I won't be able to not get everything, I'm OCD and try to complete every set...
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
#885 Posted: 21:29:27 03/06/2015
Quote: Bionichute

I can't believe this series designed to make tons of money is trying to make tons of money.

GASP!!!!!!!....What do you mean I need to make additional purchases to open the new gates and give Cashivision, er I mean Activision more money?111/.1/!??!?!!/11/1

Come on guys this isn't new...sure it sucks but it's the same song no mater how many time you might want it to change...it's here to stay unfortunately. It's kind of implied if you've been here for a while though.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:30:09 03/06/2015 by Tigorus
Txholdem1224 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1793
#886 Posted: 21:32:45 03/06/2015
I can't believe so many people are one on the verge of "leaving the franchise" based on incomplete info. released on Day 1 -- and by "leaving the franchise" I mean making numerous posts about "leaving", buying/getting the stuff, complaining some more, buying/getting more stuff, and then start it all again next year.
#887 Posted: 21:34:52 03/06/2015
Lets say I wanted to play this entire game with ONLY Pop Fizz. Not touch a vehicle. Not touch a Super Charger.

Can that be done? If YES, I would then consider still eventually getting this for the game aspect alone of just having another game to play with all my existing figures.
#888 Posted: 21:34:54 03/06/2015
Quote: Txholdem1224
I can't believe so many people are one on the verge of "leaving the franchise" based on incomplete info. released on Day 1 -- and by "leaving the franchise" I mean making numerous posts about "leaving", buying/getting the stuff, complaining some more, buying/getting more stuff, and then start it all again next year.

*cough* CountMoneyBone *cough*
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#889 Posted: 21:38:36 03/06/2015
Lets say I wanted to play this entire game with ONLY Pop Fizz. Not touch a vehicle. Not touch a Super Charger.

Can that be done? If YES, I would then consider still eventually getting this for the game aspect alone of just having another game to play with all my existing figures.

Well you will need Hot Streak, but if you are getting the game then you will already have it.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#890 Posted: 21:38:46 03/06/2015

Trap Team's Traptanium Elemental Zones made me mad and determined NOT to get any Trap Masters past the ones I got when I bought the game. Honestly, the only reason I bought so many of the first game's figures was so that I was set for any sequels. The fact that Activision's basically saying that our past purchases don't matter, all that matters is that you buy 10 more $15 figures every game on top of the $75 Starter Pack...

lol why would your hype be gone for new game play and mechanics? The Gimmick gate HAD to be expected and seems to be a corporate imperative. Does it suck yes, but it was to be expected and kind of obvious. It feels less crappy though (to me at least) since I'm sure I'll want all the vehicles anyway. What they've shown looks awesome. I'm not just buying a second round of Giants with transparent weapons but freaking vehicles and different types at that (Boats, Subs, Planes, Rockets, Tanks, etc.).

I was expecting a "gimmick gate," the gimmick gate being what has been described in the videos: land, sea, and sky vehicles. $30 extra, each $15 piece adding an entirely new way to play? Totally fine - Swap Force was A-OK in my book because of the content added by the additional figures (but only because I bought them at half-price).

I have seriously never experienced the same frustration in a video game as I did playing Trap Team. Yes, the villain mechanic was fun and that's why I bought it, but every time I found a secret, it was like: "Yay, I found a secret! Oh wait, I see three gates of Trap Masters I don't have, so my efforts are entirely worthless. *Grumbles*"

I was seriously hyped this morning, watching the videos. The vehicle sections look fun. But if all but one or two of each type is going to be blocked off because I'm only getting one of each vehicle type, then that isn't worth the $15. Only reason I got Trap Team was that the main gimmick (the traps) was not impeded by the Traptanium elemental zones.

I'll withhold complete judgement until we know more, but from the sounds of it, they'll be blocking off the one reason I'd get the game.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#891 Posted: 21:38:58 03/06/2015

According to sources, no, but you ONLY need a land vehicle to finish the story mode. No need for Superchargers or any other vehicle type.
And you get Instant Hot Streak in the digital versions of the game,so you have that covered for cheaper.
---
#892 Posted: 21:47:09 03/06/2015

I was expecting a "gimmick gate," the gimmick gate being what has been described in the videos: land, sea, and sky vehicles. $30 extra, each $15 piece adding an entirely new way to play? Totally fine - Swap Force was A-OK in my book because of the content added by the additional figures (but only because I bought them at half-price).

I have seriously never experienced the same frustration in a video game as I did playing Trap Team. Yes, the villain mechanic was fun and that's why I bought it, but every time I found a secret, it was like: "Yay, I found a secret! Oh wait, I see three gates of Trap Masters I don't have, so my efforts are entirely worthless. *Grumbles*"

I was seriously hyped this morning, watching the videos. The vehicle sections look fun. But if all but one or two of each type is going to be blocked off because I'm only getting one of each vehicle type, then that isn't worth the $15. Only reason I got Trap Team was that the main gimmick (the traps) was not impeded by the Traptanium elemental zones.

I'll withhold complete judgement until we know more, but from the sounds of it, they'll be blocking off the one reason I'd get the game.

Based on what we've seen, this game isn't asking any more of you than Swap Force did if you purchased at least one of each Swap type (technically the same for Trap Team since there weren't Villain Gates). So if you were o.k. with it in Swap Force you should be good hear. At least this time around we are getting something unique by way of the vehicles. For me that's a step in the right direction at least. I can't wait to see what they have planned for all the different elemental types of vehicles. I'm predicting a Tech walker and an Earth Tank!!!! No evidence just hope.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:47:39 03/06/2015 by Tigorus
#893 Posted: 21:56:58 03/06/2015
I'll be fine with Vehicle Elemental Gates as long as there are also regular ones too.

If not then it's just a bad decision just like the Traptanium Gates' one in Trap Team.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#894 Posted: 22:00:13 03/06/2015
I'll be fine with Vehicle Elemental Gates as long as there are also regular ones too.

If not then it's just a bad decision just like the Traptanium Gates' one in Trap Team.

Same,but for me it's a whole different reason. Sure,paywall, but the problem it's that it's just three types. If there are many levels,it's bound to get repetitive,especially if we have three every single level. Elemental zones always have a new puzzle,a new plataforming challenge, or just some small objective that distracts. Going through intense action sequences over and over isn't going to stay fresh and cool after a while.
---
#895 Posted: 22:19:12 03/06/2015

Same,but for me it's a whole different reason. Sure,paywall, but the problem it's that it's just three types. If there are many levels,it's bound to get repetitive,especially if we have three every single level. Elemental zones always have a new puzzle,a new plataforming challenge, or just some small objective that distracts. Going through intense action sequences over and over isn't going to stay fresh and cool after a while.

Well, if they go with three vehicle types and all the Elements we will actually still get a lot of possibilities.

Water could have entirely submerged areas, rivers or a mix of the two, for example.
It really boils down to how much unique and different will vehicles prove to be.

And from what I've seen they went quite wild with designs. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#896 Posted: 22:20:17 03/06/2015
Can't wait to see Stealth Elf's Sky Vehicle smilie
edit: Spot it in the demo, 1:06 it's a helicopter
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:22:58 03/06/2015 by Windumup
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#897 Posted: 22:23:00 03/06/2015
Quote: Windumup
Can't wait to see Stealth Elf's Sky Vehicle smilie

Well, there is a green helicopter. It's likely hers.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#898 Posted: 22:33:52 03/06/2015

You can't go only with a figure throught the main storyline, unfortunately. I thought of that as well. What really worries me is how much of the "on foot" style has been cut in order to make place for vehicles.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5540
#899 Posted: 22:35:31 03/06/2015
Guys, I think there might be a secret fourth type of vehicle.

If you'll notice, there are 3 vehicle types and 20 vehicles total. This would mean it wouldn't be even. I think there might be a fourth type, meaning there would be 5 per type.

Lou did mention a rocket. Maybe we'll get to venture through space?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#900 Posted: 22:41:43 03/06/2015
I see light and dark!!!!

[User Posted Image]

Ah, here we go... the Giants poster incident 2: Electric Boogaloo smilie. Then again this image looks far too small to get anything else out of, so... ah who am I kidding, someone's gonna try!
First | Previous | Page 18 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 107 108 109

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me